The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Year Hope Died

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-21, 8:44 pm

Vargus made quick work of absolutely decimating the remaining men while Daisuke got rid of the remaining enemies in short order with a few well placed shots. They were disciplined and were used to working together but they simply hadn't came prepared to deal with someone like Vargus. It had just been a case of very bad luck on their end.

"All clear." Daisuke said as he came over. "Maybe these slavers have some supplies we can take back to the rest in the truck, I'll have to check."

The woman looked up at them, her face was sorta blank but soon her head was back on the ground as she sorta just stared into space.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-21, 8:57 pm

With the enemy dealt with, Vargus went to retrieve his weapon, placing it back on his back before coming over and kneeling next to the woman, though didn't touch her. "Ma'am? Ma'am, are you alright?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-22, 12:20 pm

Daisuke didn't need to be a shrink to know the woman was not okay by any stretch of the imagination but they had to get her out of here, epsiecally with the news of her being pregnant. They could heal any physical wounds relatively quickly but the emotional ones would take longer.

The woman seemingly ignored Vargus though she did glance at him.

Sighing Daisuke spoke. "We need to move you, its not just for you but for your son or daughter's sake. Is it okay if we moved you?"

Another pause, a flicker of recognition at the last part before a simple weak nod. It was all they could hope for.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-22, 5:37 pm

Vargus nodded a bit as well, then nodded to Daisuke. "You carry her. I probably scared her a bit myself. I'll watch your back."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-22, 6:49 pm

Daisuke wordlessly gently lifted the woman up and began carrying her back to the base. It was lucky he had superhuman strength so she practically weighed nothing in his arms and wouldn't be a strain to carry all the way back without resting or strain.

When they did get back, Gohan was hanging around when he spotted them. "Hey guys what.." He trailed off seeing May. "Is everything okay?"

"We ran into some trouble but its fine. I need to take her to Akiko to get looked over. That is okay right?" Daisuke didn't expect a verbal reply but May did nod thankfully.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-22, 7:19 pm

Vargus pointed Daisuke in the direction of where Akiko's makeshift office was, sighing a bit as they left. "...I hate people sometimes, I truly do." He shook his head, grunted, and wandered off. To where, he wasn't really sure. Probably to blow off some steam.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-22, 9:44 pm

Gohan was confused about what it was all about but Daisuke merely shook his head. "Explain a bit later just not now."

The half Sayain seemed to accept that for now, choosing to let it go before knocking on Akiko's door. With Daisuke carrying her, it would made things harder to move around so this little bit he could do at least.

Luckily for the group as a whole, there was no more run ins with any bandits or anything of the sort when they finally relocated to the next shelter. It would have been suicide anyway with people like Vargus and Gohan around to make sure nothing went wrong.

The woman they rescued, May, was finally talking a bit as well finally so there was a bit of good news even if she was still a bit more on the withdrawn side.

"Ugh..stupid thing.."

And in the mean time, Bulma Briefs wasn't having the best of times.

She had been cooped up in her own personal make shift lab ever since about two weeks ago, only coming out when absolutely needed. Others wanted her to slow down and normally she agreed, after all you had to know how to pace yourself but she felt she didn't have enough time. The longer they kept messing around, the longer those two little monsters would continue playing in their little sadistic game.

So in the mean time she was looking through all her options of how to stop them. The main one she was trying to work on was a remote that could disable them or something similar. Another was building another android or enhancing one with cybernetics much like the 'good' Dr. had done but she didn't have the resources. Not only that, she didn't know the exact process of how he had done it.

A bit of knocking was heard and without looking at her messy desk of scribbled notes, Bulma said a quick 'come in' before Gohan, Vargus and Atsuko stepped inside.

Sighing, Bulma pushed away some of her notes, turning around as she spotted the three before putting on her best friendly, if not tired smile after dusting off her lab coat. "We'll, we'll finally get to meet the famous pair. Bulma Briefs nice to meet you. We have a lot of things to talk about." She said extending her hand

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-24, 8:03 pm

Vargus and Atsuko each shook the offered hand. "Vargus Littner, it's a pleasure."

"Atsuko Minori, s'up?" Vargus rolled his eyes at Atsuko's introduction, but let it go.

"Thank you again for opening your doors for our group, I know it can be risky in these times."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-27, 6:32 pm

Bulma blinked a bit, then laughed. "I think, Atsuko, we'll get along just fine. I think you were in tournaments before weren't you?"

It wasn't sure exactly why but Gohan felt a sudden chill.

The former head of Capsule Corp shook her head. "Anyway, I couldn't in good conscious just leave you guys to the wolves. Especially not with Gohan wit you. Plus, even if I was selfish it would be stupid to turn down extra help. We have some fighters already here, probably know at least one of them."

Bulma moved a bit closer, and looked at Vargus or rather up at him, a small tray in her hand. "Geez. the stories don't do you justice. I heard you were having problems with your Ki so I was hoping to fix that as well as use it to help us in general. I need a blood sample, with your permission."

"What other ways?" Gohan asked after a moment.

The woman shrugged. "We'll, a few. I was thinking I could learn to maybe accelerate someone's Ki potential and growth. Once I took to studying it, I found it pretty interesting. You know how people say some races can't learn Ki right but use their own energy? In a way, they're already using Ki just in a different way in a lot of cases. The reason they can't is because they run on different engines; its like trying to use fossil fuel on a solar powered car."

Too bad she really didn't have anyone in camp to really talk to and bounce ideas of. Oh well. Maybe it would change.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-27, 8:24 pm

Vargus raised a brow. "Well, would be stupid of me to say no, though not sure you have a needle that can get through my skin..."

"Heh. Yeah, I was in tournaments. Won a good deal of them, though probably only because a certain group of people stopped competing."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-27, 11:27 pm

Bulma chuckled a bit to that. "Normally, but earth has to use those sorts of things on dragons and such. I think I have something, hang on. It won't take long or hurt." She went back to her desk, going through her desk before getting a needle with her tray from before. "It'll take me time to do a through analysis but I'll get it done."

Satisfied, she put them away before turning her attention back to the others. "There's a holographic training program if you guys need to use it. I figure you were going to train those two eventually but anyone else?"

At that Gohan frowned slightly. "I..guess there's someone else I have in mind. Uh, you remember when I mentioned Sarah? She has a lot of potential, like a lot but I don't want to drag too many people in. If she ask though I won't say no."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-28, 2:01 am

Atsuko nodded slightly, but Vargus glaced down at Gohan. "Gohan, honestly, I would just ask anyone you feel has the potential. I know you don't want to drag too many in, but if you find someone that you truly feel has the potential to really fight on the level we need, then you need to say so. This is the fate of Earth we are gambling on. Once those androids get bored..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-30, 11:10 pm

Gohan looked as if he argue Vargus' point before several conflicting emotions appeared on his face before nodding. "..I guess you're right. When you put it that way. Um, excuse me everyone I'll be back soon." He left, he planned on talking with Sarah.

A sigh escaped Bulma's lips. "That kid puts too much pressure on himself, I worry about him some times."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-30, 11:32 pm

Vargus grunted at that. "He's what, ten, eleven? He's recently lost all of his friends and family, everyone he's ever known or cared about, aside from you, thankfully. Despite this, he's holding himself together and trying to actually do something about this threat... he's amazing. He's going to do great things, I can feel it in my bones, despite only meeting him recently... I just hope that he lets himself really live along the way..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-31, 2:48 am

Bulma had to agree with that, but Gohan was all she really had left in this world so of course she didn't want anything to happen to him. "He had to grow up, too fast you know. Physically he's ten, mentally I don't know anymore." Bulma said almost idly in a soft tone. "But you're right. Gohan is special in his own way and not just his hidden power. I know we just met, but if you two help me keep a eye on Gohan I'd apperciate it."

Not taking too long, Gohan found his destination and knocked on the door of Sarah's room. Hopefully she was up, if not he would just leave her alone for now.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-11-17, 6:56 pm

Vargus nodded solemnly, while Atsuko just clapped a hand on Bulma's shoulder, grinning. "Sure thing! We'll all make sure the kid is safe and doesn't push himself too hard. Will be easier soon, since I've signed up to get training from him myself. Pretty sure even I have a thing or two I can teach him though!"

~~~~~

After a moment, Sarah called that he could come in. She was sitting up in bed, looking a little tired but otherwise fine. "Oh... Gohan? Um, how can I help you?" She lightly touched her stomach; after all, it was Gohan that had noticed she was pregnant.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-11-19, 2:28 pm

Bulma knew she was going to like Atsuko from that very moment on. "I'll hold you two to it. If you guys know or hear about anyone good with tactics and similar stuff, please bring them here. I can't fight like you guys but the little people in the background help just as much too. We can only do so much either way."

She put took her glasses she had been wearing off to the side of her desk. "If I'm lucky, like really lucky I might be able to figure out a way to shut the cyborgs down. They aren't androids, don't know why people call them that but besides the point. Problem is, I don't know how mechical they are, the blue prints, anything. Ugh! It's so frusterating!"

__

Gohan closed the door behind him as he went inside. "I was thinking for a bit and Vargus said something I have to agree with. So I have to ask you something, but you can say no if you want. I wanted to know after you weren't pregnant anymore if you be okay with me training you? I felt a large amount of potential in you, and I think..your race is naturally good at this sort of fighting style? I don't know where I heard that though." Sarah would know for sure though, since Ki manipulation in that style was common knowledge.

"I can't force you to do it. But things are pretty grim at the moment, and if nothing is done to stop those two we won't have a home to begin with.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-17, 8:14 pm

Vargus chuckled. "I imagine it's because calling them cyborgs is the same as admitting they are part living being, while being androids makes them completely machines. They'd prefer to view them as nothing more than heartless, soulless machines, rather than a living being that has thoughts and feelings."

"That sounds about right, really. Anyway, do you have any thoughts of how you could get that information? Like, do you know where the lab they were created in was built?"

~~~~~

Sarah was definitely caught off guard. It was true that Alusarians were naturals at Ki manipulation, but Sarah herself had never been interested in fighting. However... "I..." She looked down toward her stomach, and bit her lip. "...I've never been a fighter, Gohan. Never intended to be. But... my child... their father was. Joseph was a powerful... kindhearted man... who will probably never know that he has a family now..." She sighed, and met Gohan's gaze with a sudden determination. "For the sake of my child, I will fight. For the hope that I can make this world safe for them. For the hope that they never have to fight, but also so I can teach them to fight if they must. And... and for the hope that someday, Joseph can meet his child. You'll have your work cut out for you with making me a fighter, but I'll do it."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-18, 3:56 am

"Aha! I knew there was another reason we'd get along. I have something in mind for that, sort of." Bulma went over to her desk and pulled out what seemed to be a older dragon radar. "See this? Originally, they were used to find something called Dragonballs, magical artifacts that aren't around anymore. I modified them for tracking use and I have it set to a few areas that might have the lab where they come from. So far, nothing solid. Me and Gohan found a few old ones but not the one where they were created. Found these really old busted test tube things..really creepy like something was alive but abadoned."

Gohan could say a lot of things, but none of them seemed right. It was only when she finished and a bit longer did he finally managed to say something. "If it makes you feel a bit better, I um, heard Alusarians have a natural affinity for learning how to fight. The serious training can wait until after your daughter or son is born. I'm really sorry for putting this on you but.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-18, 6:25 am

Atsuko and Vargus both seemed to be thinking a bit, before Vargus commented. "Well, if we keep looking, hopefully we can find something... hm..."

~~~~~

Sarah sighed, and reached out to gently take Gohan's hand in hers. "You don't need to apologize, Gohan. If I'm honest, I'd be miserable sitting back while everyone else fought. I've done that before, and I hate it. It's a feeling of helplessness... unable to do anything to protect those you care about. I don't want that. I want to help make this world safe again."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-20, 3:38 am

Gohan was still confliced, but at least she wanted to fight. "That makes me feel a bit better to be honest. When we're done I'm sure you'll be a capable fighter too."

There was something that edged on his mind, normally he wouldn't ask but he was curious. "The father, Joseph you said. If you don't mind me asking what happened to them?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-20, 4:03 am

Sarah let out a long sigh, looking wistful. "That... it's my fault. Me and Joseph had been close friends for years, but I had felt more strongly for him than I think he did for me. I mean, he was older than me, and I figured he pretty much only saw me as a kid. And then a few months ago, my parents..." Sarah swallowed hard, gripping the edge of her bed. "They were killed in a raid... space pirates... the only family I had left was my aunt Alicia, but she lived here, on Earth. So I was to be sent here. Joseph was going to be going on his own journey, and... between losing my parents, being forced to leave my home, and the prospect of being separated from Joseph...." She shook her head, smiling sadly as tears ran down her cheeks.

"I practically begged him to sleep with me... to help me feel something, anything, other than that pain and emptiness I felt. I must have looked so pathetic to him... but he didn't say a thing about it. He just gave me a sad smile, asked if it's what I really wanted..." She took a deep breath. "That was the last time I saw him. I was on a shuttle to Earth the next day... and not... not two days after arriving... my aunt, she.... those monsters, they..." She couldn't finish, couldn't continue. She shook her head, quickly trying to wipe her eyes and force back the tears. Her world had crumbled around her in such a short space of time, and the one bright spot, her child, was marred by the situation they were in, and the very real danger her unborn child was in.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-21, 11:50 pm

Gohan watched helpless. He cursed himself for saying anything, he hadn't many anything to make Sarah have a break down like that. But what had he expected? The father wasn't around so obviously something had happened.

Not sure what else to do, he went and gave Sarah a hug.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-22, 12:12 am

Sarah just wrapped her arms around Gohan in response, holding him tightly as she completely broke down sobbing. At the end of the day, she was only a fifteen year old girl who had lost her home and everyone she loved in a disturbingly short space of time, and facing the prospect of raising a child alone in a world that was as broken as her life seemed to be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-22, 12:31 am

Gohan just stayed with Sarah until she eventually fell asleep before gently tucked her into bed and left the room to let her sleep. He still felt horrible but he wasn't sure what to do. Instead he went to where Vargus(or Atsuko) were he just needed to talk to someone a bit before he headed to bed himself.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   

Back to top Go down

The Year Hope Died
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next