The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Year Hope Died

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-22, 12:48 am

Ultimately he'd find Atsuko training. Her body was finally back in good condition, and she was trying to shake off any rust from a lack of training the past several days. Currently she was beating the living shit out of a heavy bag, dressed in her usual training outfit of a tanktop and sweatpants, and the way she was sweating suggested she'd been going at it for awhile already. While her body was being enhanced by Ki, it wasn't nearly as much as someone like Gohan could do. Gohan would notice that, unlike when he'd seen her before, she seemed to have a thin aura of Ki surrounding her body for some reason, practically clinging to her body.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-25, 8:21 pm

Gohan didn't take too long to find Atsuko who already seemed to be hard at work. He didn't want to interrupt her at first but when she winded down he went over. "Hey Atsuko. You have a minute?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-25, 9:41 pm

Atsuko looked over, wiping her forehead and grinning. "Sure thing kid, what'cha need?" She plopped down on a bench, patting the spot next to her while she took a drink of water.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-26, 10:23 pm

Gohan sat down pausing a bit longer before sighing and giving a summary of what happened. "It's just..I wish there was a lot more I could for Sarah. I feel like everything is crashing down on her and she doesn't really have any support."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-26, 10:35 pm

Atsuko was silent for a moment as she thought that over. She hadn't known just what Sarah had gone through before they'd found her, and knowing it made her heart ache for the girl, who really wasn't that much younger than she herself was. After a long moment, she sighed heavily. "Well, she's not alone, I guess. Maybe." She chuckled weakly. "I'll let you in on a secret, Gohan... I'm pregnant. Or... was." She placed a hand over her own stomach. "I was before the androids nearly killed me, anyway. I hadn't told anyone before, and now... after how badly they beat me, I'm not positive the baby survived... I focused as much Ki around the baby as I could to protect them, but.... I don't know if they.... survived..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-26, 10:46 pm

After hearing about how worried Atsuko was about the loss of her baby, Gohan concentrated to see if he could feel another Ki within her body. At first there was nothing, and he feared she really had lost the baby but there was a faint bit of Ki located within her. It was similar to Atsuko's, but at the same time different.

The demi Sayain shook his head. "You're good. You still have another tiny Ki inside you, like Sarah. It's faint but there so..yeah. Probably should check in with Akiko on things and take it easy. I'm not a doctor but I don't want to push you and Sarah too much while pregnant."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-26, 11:53 pm

Atsuko let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding, the breath coming out shakily. "...Thank you, Gohan... I hadn't really wanted to be a mother, didn't feel I was ready, but the thought of losing the baby... and now knowing I haven't... it's a feeling I can't describe... I'll talk to Akiko, see what she has to say about how much we can train..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-27, 6:31 pm

Gohan got up from his spot, it was best to let Atsuko to relax after this. "I'll leave you alone then, I'm going to head to bed. Tomorrow, I think, I'm going to head out with Vargus and see if we can find more things again. I'm not sure what things we'll find, but do have any request? Like something that might help with you being pregnant?"

It was getting harder and harder to find supplies out in the open, which meant you had to be much more picky with where you looked.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-27, 6:56 pm

Atsuko chuckled a bit at that. "Sure. Get a shitload of pickles and ice cream." She was kidding, of course.

Mostly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-12-27, 7:52 pm

Gohan took that at face value. After all, strange eating habits was normal for that right?

Morning people were something most usually hated, but in this new world they were in they were probably one of the best things to have. Not only did you wake up early and got valuable resources due to it, but it allowed someone to be the lookout for potential danger. Gohan knew he was relatively safe here but as strong as he was, he wasn't invincible. If he was caught off guard while sleeping, he could still be killed much easier while he wasn't using Ki energy.

His stomach grumbled and he scratched the back of his head after rising up. Another reason; they could just eat early.

When Gohan hit the mess hall, there were very few people out. The only one he knew for sure was Daisuke who waved him over. "Morning kid. Sleep decent?"

"For the most part, I guess." Gohan sat down. "So, um, are we heading after we eat?"

The Farian waved it off. "No, no, that would be too fast. I want to check one or two things out then we can head out plus who see who all is tagging along this time. Don't expect any miracles this time, but sure we'll find at least a few things." He was going to see if Vargus wanted to tag along as well, if not that worked just as well.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-12, 11:07 pm

"Check out what?" Vargus sat down next to Daisuke, kicking his feet up, while Atsuko took a seat on the table itself.

"Yeah, I want to know what the hold up is gonna be, I'm ready to get this expedition underway. It's time that we revive the Fastball Special!"

"Atsuko, we don't even know if combat it going to come into play this time. And I still say it doesn't really count as a 'Fastball Special'."

"It does when you throw me. It's the 'Minori Homerun' when you use your paddle."

"Sword."

"Paddle."

"Sword."

"Spankhammer."

"Swo-....Spankhammer?"

"The spankiest." Atsuko just grinned cheekily, and Vargus let out a heavy sigh.

"Anyway, what were you wanting to check out, Daisuke?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-13, 1:19 am

Daisuke looked amused, chuckling a bit. "It was just another supply run; a few places I planned on hitting and getting out as soon as I can. There's a good chance we might run into bandits, slavers and other assorted crazies. But between a Farian, you two and a walking Death Star in the shape of a kid, we'll be more then fine if we do. If you guys are ready we can go right now."

Looking between them Gohan only had one question, or two. "Um..what's a Death Star and the Fastball special?"

A look of almost pity came from Daisuke. "We'll have to fix the first one day. The second..not a clue that's them."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-13, 1:59 am

"Fastball Special is where Vargus here chucks me at a target as hard as he can. Either so I can get somewhere high up, or to I can hit some jackass really, REALLY hard. THe Minori Homerun is where he swings his Spankhammer as hard as he can with me hitching a ride. I kick off of it hard as I can at the end. It's the Fastball Special, but ramped up to eleven. The Death Star is from the movie Star Wars, and as Daisuke said, we'll tell you all about it later." Atsuko seemed rather excited, and Vargus just rolled his eyes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-13, 4:09 am

Daisuke barked a laugh. "I think we'll get along just fine. Let's get a move on then while its still early in the day."

He just hoped they didn't run into anything, but knowing his luck they would. Oh well, with these three it would be a non issue.

After that, the four headed out into the new wild west that once belonged to a great city. Now it was nothing more then a twisted hellish shadow of what it was once, the people turning as cold as the new environment they found themselves in. It was unfortunate, but Daisuke supposed he couldn't blame them; none except the ones who completely tossed out all their morals.

He was checking over his compass while Gohan was scanning around. "Do you know where we're going?"

"Partly and at the same time no. That's to say I have some ideas, but not sure if we'll find anything there." Daisuke kept walking south without stopping. "If I remember right, and my memory isn't as crappy today as it is other days, there should be a few places of interest further on in. Even if we don't get supplies, we should be able to hopefully get a few survivors."

"But how do we know if they're bad people or not?"
Gohan didn't normally think that way but the current situation caused him to be more cautious.

The older man blinked. "You can still sense that though right?"

Flushing in slight embarrassment Gohan rubbed his head. "...Right."

Daisuke waved it off. "It's not a big deal kid, you have too much on your plate as is."

Way too much, I'm trained for this shit and I'm stressed as fuck.

"If you see anything, you know the drill. Even with Gohan here there will be things he might miss along the way."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-13, 7:54 pm

"True that. But what ARE these 'places of interest'? Will there be ice cream?" Atsuko's question was utterly ignored by Vargus, however, as he simply continued taking stock of their surroundings as they traveled.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-14, 12:06 am

"The first spot is what used to be a shopping center. Most of the stuff is cleared out but you can still find random crap if you know where to look. A lot of the buildings were destroyed but there's still some ruins. Can't promise ice cream, but if we're lucky I'll get you that and a pony and we'll call it a day." Daisuke had to reconfirm, he was going to like spending time with this woman she was fun.

"There used to be some self controlled robot sentries around, I think. But they're all gone, or will be when we get there."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-14, 1:12 am

Atsuko paused at that. "Robot sentries, eh? An attempt to defend against the androids then? That... but those things would be a danger to anybody not recognized by them, right? They'd be killing innocent people... tch, idiots... yeah, better to take them out, not like they'll do anything to the androids."

"I'll have to agree on that..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-14, 1:28 am

Daisuke shook his head. "Not against the androids per say, but against more down to earth threats. They were part of the miltary but some slipped through the cracks with all the chaos. Without any further orders they shut themselves down so there wouldn't be a threat. Of course a few seedy people got a hold of them and use them as their own personal bully tanks."

"So if they're there, then some bad people might be too.." Gohan trailed off.

"Probably."

They weren't that far from where they needed to be, from what he could see.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-14, 1:36 am

Vargus sighed. "More pointless fighting then. Wonderful."

"Hey, I could use the exercise, I'm recently recovered, you know. Need to shake the rust off!" Atsuko was stretching, preparing herself for whatever. She hadn't had a good fight in awhile... though... she knew she needed to be more careful than normal... she had a passenger, after all...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-14, 1:49 am

Gohan just hoped Atsuko was careful, but he was going to make sure nothing happened to her or the baby even if she got upset she'd probably be grateful later.

For the most part Daisuke lapsed into silence after that as he seemed to get more serious the further they went along for their journey. There was nothing but silence and the sounds they themselves made as they went further into the ruined city and through the shopping center. Or at least what was left of it.

The place was of course a mess, most of the buildings were ruined but some still stood but obviously damaged while others though sporting scars were in oddly good shape. Still it was doubtful there was much of anything that hadn't since been looted during the first weeks during the attacks.

Another bad thing was sentries were machines, so they gave no life energy which meant Gohan couldn't sense them which while it didn't matter to Gohan was bad for them.

"I'm going to check up high, just in case." Gohan said.

"Go ahead then kid." A birds eye view at this point wouldn't hurt. In the mean time, Dasiuke began digging through his back for something.

Without another word, Gohan went higher to get a better view, hopefully he would spot something of interest while the others waited, or danger to avoid.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-14, 2:01 am

It wasn't long after this that the sound of heavy gunfire echoed through the area, though Gohan had a birds-eye view. Shortly before, a man had appeared around a corner, limping as fast as he could as he moved to whatever cover he could find, just before several of the earlier mentioned sentry robots came about the corner, quickly searching for the man.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-14, 2:15 am

Gohan didn't want to risk the others and mainly Atsuko since in a way she was at the moment most vunerable against those machines so he decided to take care of it himself. In a instant he made himself between the unknown limping man and the approaching robots. They weren't humanoid from what he can see, instead they were more like wheels and mounted turrets, so Daisuke's comments about 'personal tanks' now made more sense.

As gun fire echoed again, Gohan erected a blue Ki barrier to protect the person behind him before expanding it outwards. Moments later, the machines were promptly crushed on contact from the energy just as quickly as it started.

I think that's it. At least the one's around here..

Gohan turned to the limping man. "My name is Gohan, are you badly hurt?" He wasn't an doctor but he had a general gist of wounds from his battles. It didn't matter to Gohan that he had just utterly destroyed the machines as if they weren't there, but he did notice Daisuke and the others coming closer so they'd be here soon. They must of heard the gun fire.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-14, 2:22 am

The man grunted a bit, eyeing Gohan a bit warily, but nodded. "Yeah.. have to say I am kid. Got a couple bullets in me... some bruises... cracked rib or two I think.... legs definitely broken... and I just lost someone I'd just come to really care about. So yeah, I'd say I'm pretty badly hurt."

Last edited by Aviaris_Sevanthis on 2016-01-14, 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-14, 2:38 am

Gohan winced a bit. "..Sorry.." He should have known better.

"We'll..long time no see Toushi. Normally I'd make a wise crack but I can tell this isn't the time. Hold still, I'm going to see if I have another of those damned sprays. Hang on.." Daisuke began digging through his back pack for his medical supplies, thankfully he taken a few of them with him when they went on his trip. It was nice to see a old friend and partner..but not like this.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2016-01-14, 3:13 am

Toushi raised a brow, looking at Daisuke with some surprise. "Huh... figured everyone else in Nobus was dead. Good to see that isn't the case though..." He paused, glancing at Gohan. "Kid, you seem strong. You want to be useful? Take out the rest of the robots in the area. If you can clear them out, then we can go get her body..." He trailed off, his gaze turning hard as he stared at the ground. Retrieving the body was functionally pointless... but still, it didn't feel right leaving her there if he could help it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   

Back to top Go down

The Year Hope Died
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next