The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Year Hope Died

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-11, 10:41 pm

Jared paused as he looked at Elizabeth, who seemed to have passed while Gohan was digging him out. He was silent for a long moment, then straightened his suit. "I suppose she should be put to rest. I can wait until you are done, but I would like to get to civilization shortly. Did you come from a shelter, or one of the intact cities?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-11, 10:48 pm

"..I came from the shelters.."
Gohan said slowly, something was really bothering him. "How..how you so calm with your family gone?" He knew everyone handled grief in different ways but the man didn't seem so show any signs.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-11, 10:56 pm

Jared paused, glancing at Gohan. "While their deaths are most certainly a disappointment, it's not the end of the world. I can remarry, and produce another heir. Preferably one that is male, and not crippled. More distressing is the loss of my home and assets. It will take years to rebuild my resources, especially with the world as it is. As for the shelters..." He paused, thinking. "The closest area is where Capsule Corp used to be, and as I recall, there was talk of a working shelter just before West City was destroyed... so I can assume the Briefs family is running that shelter. Hm... if she's alive, Dr. Briefs daughter Bulma is a brilliant scientist in her own right, she's attractive, and the family is wealthy... she might be a good candidate..." He seemed to have forgotten Gohan's presence, ignoring him completely at the moment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 12:07 am

The demi Sayain face was eerily blank as he moved the woman gently from her spot to burry her, like he was on auto pilot and had done this in the past.

However, the words set him off.

Gohan was normally a calm and kind young boy but he had limits. On top of that all the surpressed emotions were starting to rise to the surface as Jare'd words pushed him over the edge. Snarling and without thinking, he grabbed the man by his collar and slammed them against the wall, though not breaking anything. "You can't just replace people! You think this is a game where you can just move on like nothing happened?! What is your problem?!"

His grip tightened before he relaxed and dropped them a rock. He turned around. "You can find your own way back. I'm not helping you."

Without another word, Gohan's blue aura flared to life as he shot randomly in one direction in the bad lands, he didn't know where he was going and didn't care. He just needed to get away from that man before he hurt or worse killed them.

Gohan landed on the ground, his emotions that had stirred earlier just kept pushing to the surface and he finally just let it go. All the fear, frustration and rage all at once until it exploded within him in a golden display of power. The energy was bright and would have been sense from the shelter, or sensed in this case.

He had ascended to a Super Sayain, but he didn't care about that or anything else. He slammed his fist on the ground making a crater as he caught his breath, his breathing heavy as he tried to reign in his emotions but to no avail. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he landed on his hands and knee's, feeling mentally exhausted.

"I'm so tired of this.."
He said to no one, his barely audible even to himself.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 12:13 am

It was several minutes later that a flash of blue appeared next to Gohan, as Atsuko skidded to a stop. She paused, then knelt next to him, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Gohan? Gohan, what happened?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 12:23 am

Gohan didn't answer right away, he didn't even seem to be aware of where he was at the moment before he shook his head and wiped his face a bit. "I..just.." He then explained what happened earlier not too long ago.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 12:31 am

Atsuko had her eyes closed, shaking a bit as she struggled to keep her own temper in check, before she suddenly pulled Gohan into a tight hug. She didn't say anything, just holding onto him, comforting him as best she could. Despite his strength, physically and mentally, he was still a child, who had lost so much. To then be faced with something like that, with someONE like that... "I'm so sorry, Gohan..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 1:01 am

It was nice to have a hug like this and let his guard down a bit. He didn't have to be so strong for once and be more like himself. After everything he didn't feel like doing anything else; he just wanted to go to bed. "..Let's just go home."

He didn't say anything about Super Sayain. It was a hollow thing at best right now.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 1:06 am

Atsuko nodded slightly, then surprisingly or not hoisted Gohan up unto her back. "I think you deserve a rest kid, so just hold on and let me 'drive', alright?" She reached up and ruffled his hair, before taking off at a run.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 1:23 am

Bulma was worried.

She about always worried these days but so when two twins that came from hell were busy making a mess of things and her last living friend was actively trying to fight them. If she had the power she would fight too or try.

Bulma could admit she wasn't the bravest when it came a direct fight, but she be damned if she sat back and did nothing if she had that kind of power. At the best all she could was sit there and support for the side lines.

More still, Gohan had went out because of earlier and no word of anything..

The young woman was about leave somewhere when she saw Atsuko and Gohan was surprisingly asleep. She rushed over. "..Is he okay?" Something had happened. That much was obvious.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 1:32 am

Atsuko thought about that for a moment. "He investigated that explosion from earlier, as I'm sure you know. Found a destroyed manor. Turns out the androids had stumbled across the place, and the family living there. Apparently the daughter used some sort of power to try and fight them... it didn't end well. Gohan found the mother dying in the rubble, and Gohan sensed another life nearby, thinking it was the daughter after the mother asked if she was okay. He promised her he'd keep her daughter safe, then went to find her." Atsuko took a deep breath.

"It turns out it was the father, who apparently abandoned them both to die while he hid in a panic room. When Gohan got him out, he didn't seem to care that his wife and daughter were dead, and talked about being able to find a new wife and have another child. Gohan didn't take it too well. Seems he ditched the guy out there, and I'm not inclined to go find him. It seems the whole thing was the straw that broke the camels back though, since Gohan seemed to have completely lost it, and was exhausted when I found him..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 2:19 am

Bulma frowned heavily at the news. "I can't blame you after what just happened. As much as I hate to say it, there really isn't much Gohan could have done even if he was there..but knowing him he'll still blame himself. I wish he had time to just relax but its not the world we live in. I'll let you go though, he definitely needs the rest.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 2:28 am

Atsuko nodded to that. "I'll get him settled in bed then... how goes the Yumemi project, by the way?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 2:33 am

"On that at least I have good news." Bulma said confidently. "Her design is both a bit simple and complicated, apparently she's an 'older' model far as androids go. But since most of her body got destroyed, I have to fill in the blanks, like missing strands of DNA. Luckily, filling in the blanks with things isn't particularly hard. If my calcuations are right and being conservative, I'll have her up and running before the end of the month. Gohan and other finding those abadoned secret labs that helped build those two unholy terrors help."

"Be nice if I had their blue print so I could shut them down, but whatever. The small resources I have pay for itself."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-12, 2:38 am

Atsuko nodded a bit. "Good to know. Alright, I'll let you go, and put this one to bed." She waved, and carried Gohan off to his room, getting him into beg carefully. "Sleep well kid... you deserve it..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 3:34 am

Nothing of note happened for the next two weeks, Gohan was more subdued but he seemed to bounce back quickly at least pretend he was fine. Knowing him and how things were, it was likely the later. That's what a lot of people were doing; pretending they were all right when they were just going through the motions day by day.

The training was progressing at a decent rate, Bulma managed a break through with Vargus. As it turned out, it was something that was knocked 'off' at birth that wasn't that complicated to fix thankfully. If it was, Bulma would be unable to fix it since for all her brilliance, she wasn't as gifted in the area of genetics as she would of liked.

Bulma had just finished her work with Yumemi, she was tired mentally; being pregnant didn't help with her mood at times but she suffered in long silence. However she was satisfied and happy when she was finished and her excitement called the others to get there who wanted to meet Yumemi in person.

One person in particular wanted to see them badly, she knew.

Once the people filed in, Bulma cleared her throat. "So I finally got things working with Yumemi, now its just time to give her a warm welcome back. Without further ado.."

She went over and activated the young android. Time to wake up kiddo.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 6:51 pm

After a long moment of nothing happening, Yumemi's eyes fluttered open. She blinked a bit, then slowly sat up, looking a little confused at first. Her eyes lit up upon seeing all the people in the room, however. "Where... am I?"

"You're safe, Yumemi." Toushi stepped forward, and Yumemi smiled brightly.

"Mr. Customer! It's wonderful to see you again."

"It's Toushi. My name is Toushi. And this is Bulma, she's the one who rebuilt you..." At his words, Yumemi turned to look at Bulma with surprise.

"You must be very talented, I was damaged very heavily... I feel different."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 7:35 pm

Bulma smiled pleasantly at the young woman. "I tried to remake you as close as possible as I could but you were so damaged I had to improvise a bit. I didn't want to change too much without your consent. Anyway, why don't you all introduce yourselves?" She wanted to clarify a thing or two with Yumemi but best to get the small part out the way.

"Um..I'm Gohan Son. Nice to meet you miss Yumemi." Gohan didn't have any ill feelings towards Yumemi or anything because of what she was. For one she wasn't the same person, and two you couldn't help what you were born as is. He just worried others might not see it the same, even at his age he knew how people could be.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 7:40 pm

Yumemi smiled softly. "Hello, Gohan." One by one, everyone introduced themselves to Yumemi, who seemed utterly thrilled to be meeting them all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 7:53 pm

Once the others did, Bulma spoke up again. "So Yumemi, in which ways do you feel different? You should be perfectly fine but if you feel off at all you need to tell me right away. This whole thing is actually new to me, but I think I did a good job, if I do say so myself. And if you have questions, please let me know too."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 7:57 pm

Yumemi paused. "I feel... clearer? It feels like my processors are faster, and I can think more clearly and quickly. I also feel like my body is stronger."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 9:53 pm

Bulma nodded a bit. "I thought so and I can explain. Basically while I tried to keep as much as I could of your original body intact, I had to make some adjustments along the way. You're stronger and more durable then you were before. Processors are probably due to some some upgrades along the way when I was putting you back together. There are a few other things I could do, but I didn't want to do them without your permission, like a sense of touch."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 10:00 pm

Yumemi blinked, perking up. "...What other kinds of upgrades?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 11:13 pm

The Capsule Corp heriess took a quick mental reminder Gohan was in the room, as such some..things she'd leave out. Mature boy as he was, he was just that. "I went over them just now but a recap: you're physically stronger then what you were, and you can process things better. You used to have to recharge but I fixed that, now you don't have to plug up to recharge. Instead, all you have to do is rest like me or the others and it'll charge on its own. Kinda like your own sleep mode, heh. You can dream now if you couldn't before..at least I think in theory."

"If you wanted, I could add a sense of touch and taste once I get out the kinks. One day, once I get it right and its something you really want I could even add in a artifical womb. If you wanted kids one day but one thing at a time."
Left unsaid she could see about making her combat ready, as in able to fight the androids but that wasn't something she wanted to do, plus she had just been saved and put back together.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 11:20 pm

Yumemi definitely looked surprise, looking down at her hands for a moment. "Can I cry? Later models of my type of android were able to cry, but I was incapable. I'd very much be able to cry." At these words, Toushi winced, and if Bulma had watched the memory of Yumemi's 'death', she'd know why.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   

Back to top Go down

The Year Hope Died
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next