The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Year Hope Died

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-13, 11:29 pm

Bulma mood sombered a bit, she couldn't believe she forgot That important detail. "That's actually one of the upgrades I went with I was comfortable enough to do. Anything else you'll have to come and ask me when you're ready okay?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-14, 7:01 pm

Yumemi paused, and smiled brightly, unaware that the news had caused her to begin doing exactly what she'd wished herself capable of doing; her eyes were watering, and this causes her to blink in confusion. "My vision is getting blurry..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-16, 5:38 pm

Both Bulma and Gohan found themselves smiling without realizing it. "I think you're just experiencing your first tears Yumemi. Would you like to see more of where you'll be living?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-16, 6:45 pm

Yumemi blinked, reaching up to wipe her eyes. Upon seeing that she was indeed crying, she smiled more happily, actually giggling a bit. "I'd love to!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-19, 7:57 pm

Bulma found herself smiling again, it was contagious. "There's a lot that isn't quite finished but I'll show you around. Follow me please." She didn't know Yumemi for more then a few minutes but something told her she was really going to enjoy her company.

They passed a few rooms, nothing really of note for the most part on that end.. She decided to avoid the medical area for now, bad memories. Bulma did want Yumemi to meet Karin and Ignis and some of the other children but she had no idea where they were, at the moment.

However, there was one place in particular they were making she thought Yumemi might like considering her memories.

Bulma unlocked a door with a card which revealed what seemed to be a work in progress theatre of some kind. "I'd say ta-da but its not much yet. This is something we're working on, its not a high priority with all the other things we need to do but the people here do need something else to do and some sense of normlacy, so here it is." It did occur to her, Yumemi maybe didn't know the full depths of what entirely was going on with the androids.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-19, 8:15 pm

Yumemi was definitely surprised by what she was seeing. "It's a planetarium... and... Miss Jena. How did you get her here?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-20, 7:27 pm

"Oh those? We just used these."
Bulma showed Yumemi one of the capsules. "It wasn't that hard once we found them all and in one piece. Gohan was insistent in going back." The boy in question looked in embarrassed but she went on. "Anyway, everything was surprisingly in good shape. It's a good thing the androids didn't really take interest in that area because there weren't people there.

Bulma realized in hindsight it was kinda depressing since it was at one point decently populated.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-20, 7:39 pm

Yumemi walked over to 'Miss Jena', resting her hand on the projector's side. "We'll put on a special performance soon, Miss Jena..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-20, 8:44 pm

Bulma wondered if Yumemi had some personfication of Miss Jena going on, she talked to them almost as if they were a living being that could listen but couldn't talk. But with how strange their world could be at times, you never knew if there was something more going on then what seemed to be on the surface.

"Excuse me, sorry for interrupting. But we have some new refugee's that just came in. two children and a woman. Just thought you should know." It was a young woman, one of Bulma's assistants slash trainee.

"Huh. I wasn't expecting anyone around this time." The heiress said more to herself before turning to the others. "I'll be right back I'm going to check real quick."

At the boy's nod, she glanced at Vargus and the others. "Any of you want to come with me to meet them?" From what was said she sincerely doubted there be any trouble and she was probably in part being overly paranoid due to being pregnant but she'd feel a bit better with. Though without a doubt Gohan would come if no one else did.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-22, 12:19 am

"I would, but I'm gonna go back to decorating my room. Trying to get it just right for when my kid is born, you know?" Atsuko grinned, waving as she left. Vargus opted to come along with Bulma, for the same reasons she wanted someone to come; just in case. Yumemi seemed content to explore the reconstructed planetarium, clearly pleased, while Toushi leaned against the wall, watching with a small smile.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-22, 12:27 am

Gohan decided he would come along too, besides he felt like it might be a good idea for Toushi and Yumemi to be able to talk alone for a minute after what happened. Bulma after seeing who was coming along opted to let her assistant to lead the way to the newcomers to greet them.

She didn't know what to expect, she assumed another young mother with the two children with her but could be about anything.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-22, 12:32 am

When they arrived, what appeared to be an elven woman was leaning against the wall, watching the two children with her. Between the sword and her torn clothing, she was clearly a fighter, though she gave off no hint of energy, and the revealing nature of her white dress was surprising. Of the two children, one was a little girl with pink hair and red eyes, looking uncomfortable a bit as she looked around. From her, a dark and powerful energy could be felt, but it fluctuated between being barely there, and seemingly about to consume her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-22, 1:30 am

It was strange.

Gohan wasn't sure of what to make of the energy, he had felt demon Ki before but this was entirely different in a way he couldn't really explain. It felt almost more raw for lack of a better way to describe what he was feeling. The energy wasn't evil or anything, just dark more or less. The elf woman felt strange too but he wasn't sure what to make of it either, the only 'normal' one was the young boy who felt like Sarah, meaning he was the same race. They seemed a bit shy and kept close to the little girl.

As for Bulma, she wasn't sure if the three were family at least biologically but that didn't matter too much. She moved forward to introduce herself, but respectively kept her distance, for one she was a stranger despite her fame, and two she had enough experience with kids now. "Hello there, I'm Bulma Briefs, the head of this shelter. I wanted to introduce myself and see if you or yours needed anything."

She was famous yes, but she didn't just assume everyone knew about her. Bulma could admit parts of her old ego could come out at times, but time and these experiences had greatly tempered it.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-22, 1:46 am

The woman eyed Bulma carefully, then gave a polite, slight bow of her head. "I have heard of you, Ms. Briefs. You, and the company you kept prior to this... situation. My name is Kurie Norn. This is Cassandra Blanc, and Reizo Kannon. They are under my care now."

"...Kurie Norn? As in the head of the Demon Soul Knights?" Vargus sounded.... disturbed, staring at Kurie with obvious shock. Kurie raised a brow.

"You know of me? ...Ah. Vargus Littner. That makes sense then."

"But... if you're here... where is Miki?" At his words, Kurie's hand laying on her sheath clenched, as she closed her eyes.

"...Lady Miki is dead. She was killed by the androids shortly after all of this started. She had come to visit Goku, not knowing of the events that had transpired... I failed in my duty to protect her, and am now stranded here on Earth. The portals to Halzara have been shut. Whether they will ever be reopened is... unknown."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-22, 2:28 am

Bulma didn't know any of these names but they sounded familar, more so the name 'Miki' she could of swore she had heard it before. But what caught her eye was the thing about Goku, either it was a friend or someone who caught wind of his reputation. Of course..not many people actually knew who he really was or how strong he was to begin with.

"..I know that name. My dad mentioned them, he said he met them when he was a kid. I'm Goku's son, Gohan. Sorry for your loss miss Kurie." Gohan personayl always hated that, but when someone died there wasn't much you could say. Unless you could bring back the dead but that was something only the Dragonballs could do.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-22, 2:42 am

Kurie nodded stiffly. "I should say the same. I heard that he had passed from a heart disease before all of this began. Miki Kurusu is... was, the Demon King of Halzara. As the head of the Demon Soul Knights, my role is as her bodyguard. And I failed. I only barely survived myself..." She paused, gritting her teeth. "I would have preferred to have died in the fight as well, if I am honest, but... there is still something I must do."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 12:45 am

Neither Gohan or Bulma knew what to really sao to that, but both could relate since they had lost people very close to them only recently.

That comment seemed to upset the young boy, Reizo who had this time been content with being quite and hovering semi protectively over Cassie. "Don't talk like that!" Reizo head bowed down after with his bangs shrouding his face. "..Please don't talk like that, I don't want you to disapear too.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 1:02 am

Kurie's eyes widened a bit, before she sighed. "Of course, Reizo. I apologize." She knelt next to him, and gently pulled him into a one armed hug against her chest. "I won't be disappearing anytime soon, Reizo, I promise."

"...If I may ask, Kurie... what is it that you said you 'must do'?" Vargus looked uncomfortable. The idea of the Demon King being dead was... unsettling. Especially since there was no telling who the power would go to, seeing as how Miki had no children. Kurie looked up at him, then looked over to Cassie, who was still just kind of looking around as if her mind was elsewhere.

"...I must protect and raise the new Demon King..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 2:19 am

Reizo flushed a bit at the contact, more just embarrassed at the hug then anything else but he seemed fine with it since they relaxed without any protest. Since he was a child, it never even crossed his mind the despair he may have caused some men(and some women) of his current situation. It was completely innocent on both ends though.

While Vargus and even Bulma seemed to have a shining moment, Gohan was just confused. "Um..I'm sorry to sound ignorant but what is the Demon King?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 2:57 am

Kurie looked up, letting Reizo go. "The Demon King is, as the name implies, the ruler of the demon realm of Halzara; a realm that exists parallel to this one, connected to it. The Demon King is the host to a vast power. So vast, that even though each host is stronger than the previous one, they are only able to access a fraction of it's full power. From what I know of the situations here in this realm, Miki, before she died, was as strong as the being known as Frieza. Upon a Demon Kings death, the power migrates either to one of their children or, if that isn't possible, to someone similar to them as a person... in this case... that was Cassandra."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 3:27 pm

It was interesting but it was the later part that caught Gohan's attenton; about the previous Demon King being about as strong as Miki and each being stronger then the last. Did that mean Cassie when she got older would be stronger then that? Then there was Reizo who was an Alusarian maybe with those two..

No. He definitely wasn't. Gohan knew he was a kid but the two were younger then even he was, they shouldn't be dragged into this.

Bulma tapped her chin. "I don't know the finer details but your secret is safe with us three. But is..Cassie okay?" She didn't know her but she had noticed Cassie seemed to be absorbed into her own world. On top of that, it was almost as if she was talking to or listening to people that weren't there but it was probably her imagination.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 5:54 pm

Kurie frowned softly, and reached out to place a light hand on Cassie's shoulder. She barely reacted, but seemed slightly more... comfortable. "She gets like this sometimes now... it's because of the Demon King power. Each Demon King leaves an 'imprint' of themselves within it. They can speak with her. The first Demon King was a mindless monstrosity, only hungering for destruction. The second was a dragon that went insane and tried to destroy all life. The third was a former human, and an utterly mad scientist. The forth was the child of the third, and the most bloodthirsty of them all. He attempted to wipe out humanity for sport." She paused, watching as Cassie flinched away from... something.

"The fifth enslaved all life on Earth, and reduced them to livestock. Those that were not used as labor or 'playthings' were used for 'breeding'. The sixth, had split personalities. One was cruel and violent, and the other wished for coexistance between Halzara and Earth Realm. And the seventh, Miki... she was kindhearted, and is the reason that Earth and Halzara are on such good terms, along with others among our kind..." She shook her head. "Cassie is young... and unfortunately, there are only two ways this can turn out. Either she will manage to pull through and push the voices down, take control of the power... or it will drive her insane..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 7:30 pm

Both Gohan and Bulma were both disturbed about the news and upset, but they weren't sure if there was anything they could do. Bulma however was stubborn and she Did have her brains, this was just another problem that needed them.

..Okay it wasn't technology per say but it was obvious you couldn't solve it by punching it.

Bulma was thinking, but first a few things. "Vargus you think its possible, to, I don't know have some type of tailsman that makes it easier for voices to be blocked out? Supernatural things are a bit out of my comfort zone but maybe if we could put our two heads together, we could get something to work. I know Magitech exist so its not impossible."

She was Bulma Briefs, one of the most gifted mind in a while on this planet the least she could do was help a child damn it.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 7:38 pm

Vargus paused, thinking about that. "Maybe, but I'm not sure whether or not it will work..."

"It won't. The same thing was tried with Miki when she first became the Demon King. She successfully suppressed it for a few months, and then went on a rampage, nearly killing countless people. If you really want to help, we need to keep her grounded. Give her things to do, things to distract her. And also aid her in controlling and focusing her power." Kurie sighed heavily. "I wish there was more that could be done, but this isn't just a matter of her mind, but her soul. Thankfuly, while she is younger than Miki was, Miki also had just the darker voices to deal with. The imprint left behind by Miki will be trying to help Cassandra, of that I am sure."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 7:53 pm

Stubbornness or not, Bulma did know when to let things go. "All right, so I guess that's out.." Maybe it would be a good idea for Cassie and Reizo to meet Yumemi? That would keep Cassie a bit busy from time to time. "I'm assuming you want to share a room with these two, we're kind of cramped until we expand more so it works out. If any of you three want anything to eat I can show you."

Reizo was upset but he wasn't sure what to do, so he did the only he could think of and that was to take Cassie's hand into his own small hands.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   

Back to top Go down

The Year Hope Died
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next