The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Year Hope Died

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 7:57 pm

Kurie nodded, standing up. "We could all use a meal, yes, but start with these two. First I have something I need to check. Please, keep them occupied. And we will be sharing a room, yes. They seem to prefer sleeping in my bed regardless." She turned to Gohan then. "...Gohan, correct?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 8:05 pm

The young boy was a bit surprised about being addressed directly. "Yeah that's me" He wondered what was on her mind since he doubted she was just confirming his name.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 8:08 pm

"You are Goku's son, and so far as I can sense, the most powerful person anywhere nearby. So I must ask... what are you doing about this situation?" Kurie seemed to be appraising him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 8:19 pm

"I'm training to get stronger. As strong as I am, the two androids are still much stronger then me, I'm also taking a few students to fight like I can. Vargus is one of my students and I have a few others you haven't met yet." Gohan didn't like the fact he was still weaker, but he aimed to change that no matter how long it took.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 8:20 pm

Kurie responded by kneeling down in front of him, looking him straight in the eye. "...Do you have a room for heavy sparring?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-23, 9:21 pm

Gohan was confused, but he had ideas. "Yeah, actually. There's room we're using right now that Bulma helped make but its not completely finished."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-24, 9:27 am

She nodded. "I wish to see what you can do, personally. Though I will not use my sword at first, and even then only if you agree."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-25, 3:14 am

Gohan decided not to waste too much more time and lead the woman to the training room so they could get some practice in, he wasn't sure what the goal was but he was all right with it. Maybe she wanted to see if he was as strong as he felt?

"Ready whenever you are miss Kurie."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-25, 3:18 am

Kurie nodded a bit. She didn't draw her sword, instead taking a strange stance. One foot crossed in front of the other, one arm outstretched, palm out. The other hand was outstretched at a downward angle, crossing under the other, palm down. "Before I begin, Gohan... if I am not mistaken, you cannot sense my energy, correct?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-25, 3:22 am

"Yes, I can'r really sense you ." Gohan said to her question, the stance was odd but he had seen more unusual fighting stances. He could always ask her about it after.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-25, 3:28 am

She nodded a bit to that. "And you can't sense the androids either, correct?" She had begun to slowly circle around him, her eyes focused on him in an unsettling way. Much like a predator stalking prey/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-25, 3:38 am

That was something Gohan didn't like but there was nothing he could do about it but adapt, which he did to the best of his ability of allowing his other senses. "No. I just have to use other things besides sensing energy." Even though outwardly Gohan seemed relaxed, he really wasn't since he was expecting some kind of attack.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-25, 3:43 am

"That is a good mentality to have. But, what will you use? Sensing energy is vitally important for those that fight on your level, is it not? Will you use your eyes?" Energy was glowing in the palm of her outstretched hand suddenly, and then she seemed to crush it, causing her to vanish entirely from sight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-28, 1:13 am

Gohan frowned internally but otherwise said nothing as he waited, closing his eyes instead. He often couldn't see the androids when fighting them anyway so he had to use his other senses besides his vision or sensing energy. Maybe he could get even better at it, but it still did make things a pain.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-28, 1:22 am

"Good. You are using your other senses to find me. Your hearing, obviously. A smart move. But, can you trust your other sense? You can't trust your energy sensing, and you can't trust your eyes. What makes you think you can trust your ear's either?" Her voice had started off to his left and circled him, but there seemed to be no sign of other sounds. When she stopped speaking, her voice was to his back, when he'd suddenly feel a sharp pain as a heeled boot dug into his stomach.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-28, 9:35 pm

Gohan gave a grunt of surprise, he hadn't expected it nor did he expect to actually Feel anything. He couldn't sense how strong Kurie was, but he thought she was more like around Vargus and Atsuko level: strong but not quite around himself and some of his friends.

Out of instinc, partially then anything else, his aura flared out shortly after the contact to push anyone nearby violently back.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-28, 9:41 pm

Kurie appeared in view again as she skidded back from the flare of energy, smirking slightly. "That was a test hit. Based on your reaction, I can assume you are stronger than me, but you are surprised by my strength. I told you that Miki was around the level of the one known as Frieza. Well, the Demon King can grant power to those close to them, and Miki did so with me. I couldn't say how strong I am by your terms, however. Care to let me know?" She suddenly darted forward, attacking directly this time as she drove her fist toward Gohan's face.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-28, 11:19 pm

While he couldn't sense her energy, this time Gohan was a bit more prepared this time around. When the older woman approached for the attack he moved forward as well, ducking slightly under the blow to deliver a elbow towards her stomach. Gohan knew he wasn't the most skilled fighter among his friends and others, but he did have experience and he would use that to make things work for him

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-28, 11:40 pm

Kurie wasn't as fast as Gohan either, but he telegraphed his attacks quite a bit, at least from her perspective. She bent around his thrown elbow, driving her own downward toward the top of his head.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-02-28, 11:56 pm

Gohan wasn't really able to move out the way at this point and had to take the blow, which caused him to lose balance a bit. He didn't let that stop him for too long though as he went on the offensive again to get a better gauge of where she was strength wise. From what he could tell already, Kurie was far more skilled then he was and probably had more experience but he was stronger by a decent amount.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-03-01, 12:21 am

Kurie backstepped, and got into a groove of using Gohan's strength and speed against him. Instead of trying to overpower or outspeed him, she went for pure counteroffensive. She would weave around and deflect his attacks, throwing in counter attacks where possible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-03-01, 12:29 am

The gap in strength wasn't enough Gohan could just power through his opponent, at least not in his base form. If he wanted, he could use Super Sayain but he felt like that would in a way take away from the point of this sparring match. If anything he was more frusterated at himself which was no way Kurie's fault but more of all the fights(if one could call them that) with the androids.

Every brief battle head led with him face first in the dirt, every attack was tanked or danced across and it seemed he was always just that much shorter of victory. Enough time of this took its toll on anyone, esepically someone his age though he did his best to push throug.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-03-01, 12:37 am

Kurie seemed to be taking note of his facial expressions, and after a moment, she seemed to change gears. She suddenly weaved around his next attack, only to sweep his feet from under him. Before he could recover, her sword was drawn, and she drove him to the ground, knee on his chest and sword laying across his throat. "...Why are you doing this, Gohan? Why are you training to fight the androids?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-03-01, 12:47 am

The young half Sayain was a bit surprised with mostly being caught off guard. He didn't really understand why she was asking but it didn't take any real thought since he knew the answer already. "So I can protect Bulma and everyone else so no one else has to go through what I did again."

Bulma scowled, what the hell was this bitch problem? This was suppose to be just a spar. She wasn't entirely in her right mind at the moment; for one being pregnant and two not counting the growing child Gohan was literally the only family she had still in the world of the living. This of course meant she could be more then a bit over protective. She was going to march up there and give the half elf a piece of her mind, provided Vargus didn't stop her.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2017-03-01, 1:01 am

Kurie raised a brow at this. "You intend to protect them, when you are struggling even against me. A failure that could not protect the one person she was not only duty and honor bound to defend, but that was like a daughter to her. Miki put her life in my hands, and now you have put yours in mine during a spar. I have a poor track record of people surviving that situation, do I not?" She shifted, the sword actually drawing a bit of blood.

"I am very good at reading people, Gohan. You are hesitating. Doubting yourself. You have power, but you don't properly utilize it. Your attacks are sloppy. You lack skill, experience, even confidence. I fail to see how someone that doesn't even believe in himself is to somehow lead others to achieve victory over the androids. I find myself unimpressed. You have power, and you have potential. But you are lacking any true capability to lead or to win. You hold yourself back in every way due to the way you think. And do you realize what that will do?" She glanced up at the approaching Bulma, then leaned in toward Gohan, slowly outstretching her free hand so he would track the glowing hand with his eyes. As she did this, her skin seemed to be hardening, a scale-like pattern forming.

"It will get you, and those you care for, killed. As you are... you can't protect anyone." She flicked her wrist, and Bulma was suddenly sent flying across the room and into Vargus, both of them slamming into the wall hard enough to dent it. Even Vargus was knocked out instantly, slumping to the ground. Bulma... looked far worse for wear.

In truth, this was all an illusion. Vargus and Bulma were both fine, though Bulma was being restrained by Vargus.

Gohan, however, was not aware of this fact.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   

Back to top Go down

The Year Hope Died
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next