The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Year Hope Died

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-06-23, 4:44 pm

Atsuko paused, and then chuckled a bit. "So when you mentioned someone named Briefs... you did mean them. We've been in contact with their shelter actually. We've been trying to make preparations to move people from this shelter to that one, since theirs is larger and better supplied. It's just slow going, considering moving all the people and supplies is a bit difficult thanks to those damned androids..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-06-23, 11:06 pm

"I can help with that since I'm so fast." Gohan then blushed. "N-not that I'm bragging or anything or..never mind. Anyway do you need anything else? Because I'm going to try to find Vargus and talk to them about supplies. Maybe Bulma can find out about his Ki issue too..she IS a genius.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-06-23, 11:21 pm

Atsuko chuckled a bit. "Yeah, that seems like a good idea. Well, I'll let ya go then. Vargus shouldn't be hard to find. He kinda stands out...."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-09-22, 2:08 pm

Gohan said his thanks before locking onto Vargus' Ki. Even though he couldn't use it, his energy signature was still massive enough to easily lock onto even though there was various races with above average energy levels themselves.

What he didn't expect to see was a young man, probably in his twenties talking to a few people before noticing Gohan.

"Just the person I wanted to see. You have a minute?"

The demi Sayain blinked. "Uh..sure."

Once that was clarified they cleared his throat. "Name is Daisuke Eto, I'm-was part of Nobus. We don't exactly formally exist anymore." He corrected himself. "I know a bit about you and yours but the point is, anything you need help with just let me know. We don't have much resources left and can't be everywhere at once so its important we know to mini max our resources."

Gohan wasn't too surprised, Nobus hadn't been able to do anything about them. It was depressing to see what was once a noble and powerful organization turn its current state. "I see. I'm not sure what all I can do, but I'll be happy to help. Is there others with you?"

"Yeah, some. We just got here recently, many of them aren't really part of my unit just scattered individuals just like Nobus in general is. Besides you, is there any other fighters here?"

"Um..there's Atsuko and Vargus if you heard of them?"

There was a spark of reconition at that. "Of course. Could you take me to one of them?"

Gohan had no problem with that, but Atsuko needed her rest so Vargus was the next option which he was going to do anyway.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-09-22, 2:23 pm

When Gohan and Daisuke eventually found Vargus, he was engaged in what was perhaps the most difficult and desperate battle of his life. He was struggling valiantly, but it appeared that it was all for naught. "Ignis... Ignis, just... eat the carrots, please..." He was utterly exasperated, while the three year old Ignis was stubbornly refusing to eat the carrots, and the infant Karin was currently being nursed by her mother, who was trying not to laugh at her friend.

"Vargus... this may be a battle you can't win..."

"Mama, Unca Va'gus keeps tryin' ta make me eat nasty stu-MPH!" She suddenly had a mouthful of carrots, and Vargus threw his hands up in the air.

"Success!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-09-25, 12:13 am

"Hey Vargus, a person from Nobus wanted to talk.."

It was then Gohan noticed something, mainly a certain gifted Farian was breast feeding which caused him to turn red and look away.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!"
It didn't help due to Chi Chi with how he was raised it was to be expected, just a bit of the inner nerd came out during that time as well.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-09-25, 6:06 pm

The woman blinked a bit, then chuckled a little. "You don't need to apologize, dear. You didn't do anything wrong." Besides, it's not like a 10 or 11 year old, whichever he was, seeing her nursing her child was something to get upset about. Vargus laughed himself, turning to Gohan.

"Person from Nobus, eh? Just a moment then. Rua, are you good?"

"I'll be fine, Vargus, you don't need to babysit me." Vargus looked a bit sheepish, then stood up, ignoring Ignis as she made a big show of seemingly dying of carrot poisoning.

"Ah. Gohan, this is Rua. Rua, Gohan. And these two midgets are Ignis and Karin. I'll introduce you more formally later if you want. Anyway, lead the way." Rua waved slightly to Gohan as they left, before glancing at Ignis.

"Ignis, if you keep that up, I'll light a literal fire under your butt." Ignis immediately stopped pretending she was dying, though stuck her tongue out at her mother.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-09-29, 10:34 pm

Gohan lead Vargus to the Nobus officer who was waiting for them before standing up a bit straighter when they approached. The red head smiled and shook the taller man's hand. "Vargus Littner? I'm Daisuke Eto, part of Nobus. Or was. I just wanted to get into contact with all the fighters at this shelter so we could help with what we can and work together. Even if we can't do anything yet to those things running around."

The last part was said with some bitterness before he sighed. "Anyway, two questions. How is your food supply coming? And on a side note, have you seen anyone else from Nobus?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-09-30, 12:05 am

Vargus rubbed the back of his neck a bit, sighing. "Well, with the current population of the shelter, we have enough food to last us a few months, with some pretty heavy rationing. As for Nobus... I'm afraid not. If I'm honest, I'm surprised to see you. I had started to think Nobus had been..." He shook his head. "Best not to think about that. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Though we are in contact with another shelter. It's bigger, better supplied. It's just moving everyone over that's going to be difficult."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-09-30, 8:42 pm

Daisuke frowned slightly to that. "..Yeah, I haven't found much of Nobus around except for scattered remanants but the organization as a whole is toast. So, I guess officially all that's left is scattered members."

He shifted a bit uncomfortably at that before going on, reaching into his pockets and puling out a single cube. Soon it put on a holographic projection of a map. "It's solar so can be used indefinitely until it breaks down or its broken. Since we won't be exactly getting the infranstructure for new stuff like this have to use it wisely. Anyway, I tried my best draw up a map so we can plan out something like that."

"Is there any transportation we could get to? There's a lot of normal people and children that can't move that fast."

At Gohan's question Daisuke mulled it over, then pointed in one direction. "This, used to be actually a former miltary base that was located partly underground. It's pretty much abadoned but there might be something we can use. There's been a lot of raiders, thugs and others running around. Even some slavers." He mumbled.

Gohan looked disturbed, he was used to Frieza and people doing bad things but not something like that. [color:4c94=#=green]"B-but why so many now?"

He shrugged. "No laws anymore, infranstructure is gone and old currency is kinda useless. Stuff like this is the oldest profession around. Give enough time people will adapt, for better or worse."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-09-30, 9:21 pm

Vargus grunted a bit, clearly displeased with that. He was aware of the criminal activity, and as much as he'd like to personally put a stop to it, he had a responsibility to prioritize protecting these people. "Well... seems like a good idea to check it out. We'll need to figure out which of our fighters is fit to go check it out, and which need to stay and protect everyone..." He sighed heavily. "Hard to say on that, really... most of our fighters can handle bandits and the like, but none of us can handle those damned androids..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-09, 3:01 pm

"I think I'll stay behind. Just in case the androids come up. I thought me, Vargus and Atsuko were the only fighters in here, but you make it sound like we have some more" Gohan knew he still currently stood no chance against them but he could at least distract them long enough.

Daisuke nodded. "Considering how strong you are, it makes sense. Makes me wish we had went through the Z Project."

"Uh..what exactly is the Z Project?"
Gohan wasn't sure, it sounded like some sort of operation.

The Farian shook his head. "It doesn't matter so much now, but basically it a classified project, but doesn't matter now so I can tell you. After the Sayains came, learning a bit more about Alus and Eldar against those types of threats we, we'll basically sucked to put it nicely. So a idea was put forth to learn about that style of fighting. Androids, maybe cybernetic enhancement as well, sorta like what the Eldarians do. Bulma Briefs and her old man were contacted about it as well."

Gohan slowly frowned. "So why didn't it go through?"

"Same thing as most things like this, politics. See, it was suppose to be a two prong approach. They would take a page out of the Eldarian's hand book, as well as the old fashion way of having some people being taught. Problem is, unlike Alus earth didn't grow up with that kind of power. There was a lot of concern of the consequences of it going mainstream. But it was stupid, you don't stop getting better guns for wild animals to defend yourself and argue what they might do in the future."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-09, 5:53 pm

Vargus ran a hand through his hair, sighing. "Yeah, would have been nice to have some more people around who could fight the androids... anyway, in terms of fighters.... obviously there is you, me, and Atsuko. Then there is Rua, the red-headed woman with the two daughters. She's out of practice, way out, but she can handle any criminal threats. Then, there are people that... well, to be frank, they are most likely dead. If they are not, they would be incredibly helpful. Specifically, one Clara Jameson. She is a practitioner of 'Power of the World,' a style of fighting that makes use of Natural Energy. It's used a lot like Ki, actually. The difference is that Natural Energy has less raw power than Ki, but is far more versatile, and it's possible to actually use the two in tandem. And while most anybody can learn to utilize Ki, Natural Energy can only be learned by a rare few. In all honesty, if Clara could learn to utilize Ki, or could teach a Ki-user such as yourself how to harness Natural Energy, I honestly think it would be a good threat to the androids."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-09, 8:18 pm

Gohan was silent, thinking over what Vargus said while Daisuke spoke again. "Actually first time I heard of this Natural Energy, but there's a lot I don't know. Can't know everything. So given Gohan wants to stay and less people would attract less attention, it could just be me and you Vargus. It really depends on when you're ready to go."

"Atsuko is still half recovering. Just so you know."

Daisuke glanced at the half Sayain. "Ah. I see. Good to know."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-09, 8:34 pm

Vargus nodded a bit. "Sounds good to me. We can head out soon if you like. Gohan, you need to know anything before we go?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-13, 2:29 am

Gohan shook his head. "..No. You two go ahead if you're going now. I'll meet up with you later."

Daisuke wanted to get this done as soon as possible. "Will do. Come on Vargus."

There was so much shit that had went down his mind was still a bit of a mess, even if he didn't show it. Nobus was pretty much gone, existing pretty much in name only, he had no idea if any of his squad mates were still alive and as time went on he doubted it.

When the two men left, the place was quite as to be expected. Only the ruins of the city were around, no signs of bandits or worse the androids.

"We got one saving grace, the androids can't sense energy from what little we could gather but we can't sense them either. Can you sense energy?
"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-13, 11:46 am

Vargus shrugged at that. "Little bit, but only barely. Pretty short-range, and I can't tell the difference between energies, unless it's hostile." Vargus tried not to pay attention to the landscape; best not to dwell on things he couldn't change.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-13, 7:20 pm

Daisuke kept walking, keeping a eye out of anything out of place. As a Farian his senses were sharper, not to mention his training of being aware of what was around him. "Something is better then nothing."

There was still nothing, much of any people out still, far as either could see but Daisuke kept alert just in case as it would be stupid not too. He kept going until they reached another part of the ruins, it seemed to be a old, worn out base that was left in a state of decay. Of course, bandits and the like would have taken anything of use if the people who originally fielded it didn't. On the surface anyway, there was another.

Daisuke walked past on in until he placed a hand on one of the worn out walls. At first nothing happened, then a metalic wall with a few buttons on the side appeared. Wordlessly he tapped a few buttons, frowning when nothing happened but a metallic click.

"Good news, still works and its open. Bad news? Still damaged enough it has to be done manually, could you help me out?" Vargus should be more then strong enough, for what was told about him on the files and stories.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-13, 7:33 pm

Vargus nodded a bit. "Sure thing." He moved forward, placed both hands on the door, and pushed it open, only letting out a slight grunt. "Hm, easier than I expected."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-17, 9:42 pm

So the stories hadn't been exaggerated about Vargus strength, though he hadn't really doubted it, just he wanted to see for himself. Ozpin had told him stories of him and others, he had a knack for keeping up with these things never mind it was his job. He wasn't sure if the man was alive or not, it was impossible to tell. The man was incredibly resourceful and crafty, so if anyone could have done it was him.

"A bit off subject, but do you know a man named Ozpin? Head of Beacon?"

Inside, the area looked like a large warehouse. However, for the most part there wasn't much of anything interesting. Tossed aside debris, tools but in the corner was a armored bus, we'll superifically in apperance anyway. It was sleek, long and silver with a hardened metal hud that looked like it could roll through tank rounds and not notice.

"So two ways we can do this, ride it or just use a capsule. Got a preference?" He asked. Hopefully they'd find a few more people before they hit flipside to greener pastures. For what little that was worth these days.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-17, 10:03 pm

Vargus rubbed his chin a bit. "Capsule. Best not to draw undue attention just yet. And Ozpin is a good friend of mine, actually. Why do you ask?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-18, 10:36 pm

Daisuke got a capsule out as the large vehicle vanished in a puff of smoke before he put it away. "A friend of mine too, I was just wondering if you saw them recently." After the prize was secure he headed back out, still keeping alert for anything that might be a threat.

When they got a far enough distance, Daisuke slowed his walk, frowning. "I hear something. Sounds like a group of people, stay sharp."

The Farian cautiously followed the voices, he had no idea who they were. They could be civilians or bandits but either way he didn't survive this long being reckless and charging in without knowing what he was up against. Past some ruin buildings was a large truck with about six men and one woman. All of them had weapons on them, mainly fire arms and a few knives strapped on their person. Daisuke could tell the people weren't human.

Around them were bodies, or least one can safely assume as they were covered up in some blankets but one was clearly alive, another woman in her early twenties or late teens from the look of things. Her hands and feet were bound.

The situation became pretty clear the more it was observed, it was obvious what it was or looked like.

"I don't like this shit. We should have just grabbed a few from earlier and just left. Those robot freaks could be here at any moment."
One of the men complained.

The woman looked at them sideways. "It doesn't matter, remember? Whole place is a hell hole. We have to explain to the Boss we won't have any fresh meat shipped. Thanks to someone killing the rest. A pregnant human woman isn't exactly worth a lot." She mumbled.

"Can't help it, the fuckers traveling with her rather fight then just go down. They killed a few of our own to."

"Whatever. You're the one going to talk to them anyway." The woman crouched down by the unknown woman and ran a hand through her hair making them cringe but they grabbed their chin so they could look. "Cooperate and you and yours will live. But we can have a bit of fun later maybe, you're not bad looking."

She then locked lips with the woman making them freeze before pulling away and standing up.

As much as Daisuke wanted to just run in, he knew it would be stupid and get the woman killed. "Fuck, this is bad. These guys aren't rank and file bandits, former mercs, military or something judging by how they move and the others stay post like that. We get too close and they use them as a hostage, if not outright kill them."

Daisuke crouched, getting off his backpack and pulling out what seemed to be a sniper rifle as he made sure to keep hidden behind the ruins. "I have a clear shot of the bitch, but that's about it. We need to hurry up to think of a plan."

He'd kill to have at least one of other member of Nobus around. If he had Toushi around it would almost be like old times.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-18, 10:58 pm

"Already got a plan." Vargus stood up, pulling his massive sword-club from his back as he reared back, seeming to judge the distance. "Shoot the one by the truck, then the rest of them." He then suddenly flung the 'sword' with all his strength, sending it spinning through the air like a frisbee as it shot toward it's targets. Namely, the man and woman standing near the captured woman. When the improvised projectile suddenly slammed into the two without warning, they'd be lucky if it didn't tear them in half. It hardly mattered, as immediately after throwing his weapon, the ground beneath Vargus cracked as he kicked off from the ground with a powerful leap, crossing the distance almost as quickly as the weapon, landing with a thundering crash between the captured woman and the other gunmen, squaring his shoulders as he made sure to position himself so his body completely blocked any shot at the woman.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-18, 11:15 pm

The man and women were completely caught off guard by the sudden attack as they were easily torn in half before either of them could defend themselves. Blood splashed on the woman's face and Vargus as he moved to protect her as she screamed in fright, but no one could blame her.

"Breach! Repeat, enemy breach at twelve!" One of men on the right side shouted as they opened fire on Vargus. The weapons they were carrying wouldn't be fatal of too dangerous of someone of Vargus durability, they hadn't expected to encounter someone like Vargus during their mission.

The one on the truck didn't get to do anything as they fell over holding their throat, having been shot by Daisuke. The other survivors had taken cover, so Daisuke couldn't get a clear shot of them this way. At first. He had to adjust the the settings but these guys were good, he would give them that much. At least they were more focused on the unseen sniper then the woman.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   2015-10-18, 11:26 pm

Vargus braced himself as the men fired, and was pleased to find they were using fairly standard equipment. Meaning it did practically nothing to him, aside from a bruise here or there. His weapon was currently out of reach, so he had to improvise. Thankfully, he had just the thing. He shifted, and set a strange magical device down next to the captured woman, muttering something. A ten by ten dome of magical energy formed around them. "With their equipment, they can't breach the barrier, so stay put and you'll be safe." He straightened, tensed.. and seemingly disappeared as he launched himself.

Suddenly, his body plowed straight through the debris one of the men was crouched behind as he grabbed the unfortunate man by the head with his large hand. Vargus skidded to a halt, a streak of blood accompanying this due to him having pressed the man's head into the ground along the way, then proceeded to knock the other two out of cover by using the now dead body in his grip as an improvised club.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year Hope Died   

Back to top Go down

The Year Hope Died
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next