The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 5:26 am

Unwilling to lie to Katherine, Momo tried to find the right words to play off her power while remaining truthful, "Well... I don't really know, but..." She trailed off helplessly, only to flinch in shock when suddenly Kido was behind her with a hand on her shoulder.

"The opposite of mine. Her eyes attract attention to her wherever she goes." The strange girl explained, before wincing very minutely and raising a hand to her ear, "Yeah, yeah." She commented halfheartedly, obviously speaking to whoever was on the other end of the line, "but separating them just wasn't feasible. Be glad the other guy decided to wander off. You were the one who insisted I take the chance to speak to them alone. I don't see why it matters, anyway..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 12:09 pm

Katherine's eyes began to widen as she started connecting the dots. "So.. opposite... you can repel attention? You'd b-be really good at hiding then.... and... you both... have special p-powers that normal people don't have..." Suddenly, excitement bubbled up to the surface, and she spoke before she could stop herself. "That means... that means.... I'm not.. I'm not the only one!" Katherine was practically vibrating with how excited she was, and suddenly threw her arms around Momo and Kido, laughing happily. "I'm not a freak! We're the same!" She was slinging to both women, hugging them tightly. She didn't even notice when she started crying, but she was still smiling through her tears, happy beyond words over what she had just found out.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, Toushi was currently rubbing the bridge of his nose. He'd come back to find that Momo and Katherine had seemingly wandered off. He was confident of that at least, he would have heard something if they'd been take somewhere. Sighing heavily, he ran a hand through his hair as he started walking off. "I am so fired... might as well get a drink." It wasn't so bad he supposed. Working for the Hale's had never been an enjoyable job. Katherine was alright, a sweet girl, but he barely had any contact with her. His worries that the girl was a bit too sheltered for her own good were gaining more weight during their brief time together today, but it seemed this Momo girl would be good for helping with that. Maybe he'd check in on her sometime, make sure she was doing alright.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 4:48 pm

"E-Eh? You... have a 'power,' Katherine?" Momo queried, completely baffled. Behind her - though Katherine was now pulling them so close it didn't matter - Kido was somewhat less surprised, but only because she hadn't known Katherine as long. More shocking to her was being included in this sudden group hug.

"Ah..." Kido floundered a moment, before noticing how Katherine had ended her sentence. Well. That settled that. Whatever her compatriot on the other end of the line though, she was bringing this girl in as well, "No." She said, voice as serious as could be, "you are not a freak. Even if you were alone... you wouldn't be a freak. You would just be... you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 4:56 pm

Katherine's smile only grew as she hugged them tighter. "I thought... my p-parents never believed me, and they would get s-so angry whenever I would try to prove it... I thought I must be a freak.. but if you two are like me, then... then it must be something that's just... special, right?" She pulled back, facing them both with a hopeful look in her eyes as she blurted out what was on her mind without thinking. "If I'm just special and n-not a freak, that means I can stop b-being a disappointment! I'll be worth something to my parents, right?!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 5:15 pm

Momo's eyes widened, before she focused on Katherine and her lips settled into a firm line, "Katherine," she said, setting a hand on the girl's shoulder, "if your parents are disappointed in you - if they consider you worthless - then their standards are just unreasonably high. You can find your way around without help, play the piano - and violin as well, I'm sure - beautifully, and I just learned you even have a special power of your own. There are so many things that make you valuable that I can't even count them all. But, most of all, you're you - you're alive, you're breathing, and - if this is still about them - you're their daughter. Those facts alone make you worth more than can be counted."

Behind them, Kido coughed awkwardly, "Well said. Now... there are others like you, with powers. I want to take you to meet them. Originally, I was sent here to find Momo but... I don't mind taking you, as well."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 5:25 pm

Katherine was clearly shocked by Momo's words. They were so... impossibly kind, from her perspective. But Momo was a kind person, and it wasn't hard to believe she might pad her words to make someone feel better. It worked; hearing such things made Katherine feel... warm. That didn't mean she believed it, however. Not truly. No, the reason Momo's words made her so happy, was that Momo cared enough about her to try and make her feel better about herself. She could argue Momo's points, but she didn't want to right now. For now, there were more important things than her self-image to talk about.

"...Thank you, Momo-san... and, Kido-san, I want to m-meet them. Meeting more people like me sounds amazing... and besides..." She blushed a bit, fidgeting. "..I don't w-want to leave Momo-san's side right now... she's only the s-s-second friend I've ever had, and the first I've had in so long, I want to spend as m-much time with her as possible... so I'd really like to come along, yes..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 6:05 pm

Smiling, though it couldn't be seen beneath collar of the windbreaker she wore beneath her hoodie, Kido made to lead the way before she remembered their current situation, "Sure thing... as soon as you let go, at least," She said with a wisp of laughter in her voice.

"Just how far from here are talking about?" Momo asked, on guard now that she'd gotten over the shock of Katherine's recent actions, "I mean... as much as I hate it, there'd be a lot of trouble if she's not back home by the end of the day." 'Or even in a few hours.' At that thought, Momo realized with a start that Toushi wasn't around and - if she was right about why Kido's eyes were glowing - couldn't find them. He'd probably already considered them missing... 'Crap.'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 6:10 pm

Katherine hastily let go of Kido and Momo, blushing brightly, but jumped a bit at Momo's words. That was right... Momo could get in trouble because of her, if her mother got upset. Immediately, she began to bite her lip, clearly trying to think over the options.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 6:36 pm

"It's not far," Kido stated, "we're in the area now. Honestly, it's convenient that you decided to run here."

"Then it should be fine... but how do we know we can trust you, anyway?"

Kido's brow rose, though it wasn't visible beneath her hair and hood, "...I can move without you noticing. You're still fine."

Ah... that was embarrassing. 'I could have done anything already, and you wouldn't have noticed.' What a scary implication.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 6:48 pm

That... actually made sense to Katherine now. Clearly Kido's power enabled her to hide even from her senses, which she'd noticed were extremely accurate in detecting where things were. "So that's how I d-didn't notice you..." She paused, then suddenly blushed. "Oh... since you know now, I should t-tell you Momo-san... I can find my way around because I can... sense the world around me, I guess? It's p-part of what I can do. So I guess it's less impressive, eheh..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 7:03 pm

"Less impressive?" Momo asked incredulously, "That sounds a lot more useful than gathering mobs of people to chase you everywhere. Seriously, I bring in large crowds - which is good, I guess - but... it just doesn't seem worth the trouble."

Stepping off to the side, Kido watched the two of them, bemused, "Right... well. Whenever you two are ready."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 7:05 pm

Hearing that, Katherine instantly perked up, and raised her hand. "Ah, ready, Kido-san!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 7:39 pm

"Sorry, Kido-san." Momo intoned, "Please, lead the way."

"It's fine," Kido assured, leading them down the alley. They turned left into a branch before coming to a staircase. Going up one level, Kido led them to a door that labeled '109.' "Here it is," she stated, "our base." With that, she opened up the door to reveal... a totally ordinary - if peculiarly metallic - apartment. There was a couch, a coffee table, a TV, and various other small things. The strange metallic paneling - which was more of an aesthetic of the building than this particular apartment - was the only thing noteworthy about it.

A boy with blonde hair and snake-like eyes was lounging on the couch, and waved when they came in, "Yo, Kido! Newbies!"

"...and that's the idiot. His name's Kano. Don't pay him any mind."

"Ouch! Hey - that's kinda harsh, Kido-chan."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 8:04 pm

Now, something peculiar happened then. Katherine suddenly reverted to a shyer disposition as soon as it clicked that she was now in an unfamiliar place, with unfamiliar people, not to mention she wasn't very good with being around more than a couple of people at a time due to lack of exposure. As such, she stayed close to Momo, and waved shyly at Kano. "H-Hello..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 8:29 pm

"Oh, we have another one?" Kano spoke, an impish grin on his face, "Oi, Seto, Marry - come on out!"

"Coming, coming." A cheerful voice returned from somewhere in the back of the apartment. A fairly tall - at least for the Japanese - boy emerged from one of the back rooms. He was wearing a green hoodie that had a set of goggles glued to each side of its hood for no discernible reason. Hiding behind his legs was what appeared be a large, person-shaped ball of white fluff. "Hey there. I'm Seto. This girl behind me is Marry."

"H-hello," she stammered, unknowingly echoing Katherine.

Stepping away from Momo and Katherine, Kido turned about and crossed her arms, striking a 'nonchalant / cool' pose, "And that's us - the Mekakushi Dan.1 You know about mine, but everyone here has a power."

"That's right!" Kano cut in, "Aside from Leader-sama, there's #2 - Seto, with the power to read minds." The mentioned boy waved with the hand not being clung to by the girl behind him, "Myself, #3, Kano, with the power to deceive perception." To demonstrate, Kano pulled a full-length rose from behind his ears, which he then flattened into nothing between his palms, "and #4 - Marry - with the power to make you freeze in place!" In response to this, Marry buried herself even tighter into Seto's arm. "Kido's #1, of course, in case you were wondering." The mentioned girl tilted her head away slightly. Was she blushing? It was hard to tell.

"...you guys sound like some kind of superhero team or something." Momo commented dryly.

"That's the idea!" Kano affirmed cheerfully.

1: Translation - Blindfold Gang.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 8:43 pm

Katherine, as soon as two more people had come into the room, had moved behind Momo, unaware at first that she was doing the same thing as Marry. She was about to introduce herself, or attempt to, when something clicked in her head. "So... you're heroes?" She peeked around Momo more, eyes wide with curiosity. "D-does that mean you're all wearing red then?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 8:59 pm

As one, the first three members of the dan froze while Marry simply glanced aside. "Nah... Not a one. Why would you ask that? You're blind, right?" Kano queried, his happy expression more... fixed... than it was earlier.

Similarly confused by Katherine's question, and bewildered by the dan's reaction, Momo glanced to Katherine as well, waiting for her to elaborate.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 9:12 pm

Katherine seemed to feel the way they were all looking at her, and certainly felt the shift in mood. She didn't understand what she'd said wrong, but she'd still answer. "Well... yes, b-but... red is the color of heroes, isn't it? So I thought that s-since you were all like heroes, you'd be wearing red... did... did I say something wrong?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 9:26 pm

"Well..." Kano started, "we're not really heroes, you see? We're just... trying to be like heroes. So none of us is wearing red. How'd you know that, anyway? You can't even see-"

"Kano. Don't be rude." Kido intone, voice clipped.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 9:31 pm

Katherine frowned, lowering her head a bit. "A hero t-t-told me when I was a little g-girl... she said that red is the c-c-color of heroes... so I thought you'd b-be wearing red... I'm s-sorry..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 10:57 pm

"Alright everyone, calm down," Seto intoned, "you're fine Katherine. It's just that red was our sister's favorite color and she wore it all the time before she passed. It was kind of surprising, that's all."

"Yeah... sorry for making you worry," Kido followed. "You had no way of knowing, so it's not your fault."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-07-26, 11:17 pm

Katherine nodded, and bowed respectfully. "Still, I'm s-sorry for bringing up something painful..." At least they weren't mad at her, but still...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-01, 12:10 am

Kano waved it off, smiling in a natural way, "Like they said, you're fine, you're fine. It was just a surprise."

"So," Kido intoned, in order to change the subject, "you said that sensing the world around you is part of what you can do, right? Is there more?"

"That's kind of a personal question, isn't it?" Momo spoke, entering the exchange before Katherine could answer.

Kido shrugged, "If she doesn't want to answer, that's fine."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-01, 12:41 am

Katherine shook her head, trying to ignore the feeling that she'd done something wrong. "N-no, it's fine. I'm happy to t-tell you, since you have powers too. Um... where to s-start... I can s-sort of see the world around me, but not color. I can't s-see a lot of detail either... I recognize Momo-san b-because of her hairstyle mostly, and the 'feeling' I get from her... and her voice. From what I've learned f-from books, I guess it's like... um, echolocation. I can also learn from books that are not b-b-braille... I'm not... sure how. I guess I can feel the ink, or indentations? If I run m-my hand over words on a page, I can understand them..." She paused, still confused by that one.

"Um... I can sometimes s-sense what people are feeling... I can't control it though...s-seems it only happens when someone is... having really strong feelings..." She frowned deeply, a depressed air about her suddenly as she remembered the sort of things she'd felt from her parents before. She seemed to realize she was doing this, however, and hurried to continue. "A-ah, um... oh, I can move things without t-touching them, too... nothing really heavy though..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-01, 12:54 am

"So... really advanced area awareness, some kind of scanning, empathy, and telekinesis." Momo summarized, ignoring Kano whistling lowly in the background, "that's a really nice skill-set! A lot better than just 'catching attention.'"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   

Back to top Go down

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next