The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-01, 1:05 am

Katherine blushed deeply, lowering her head. "Um... thank you.. though b-being able to catch someones attention could b-be nice too... and if it wasn't for your p-power, we wouldn't have met... I think that's pretty amazing..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-02, 2:33 am

Momo sighed, most of the flattery from the compliment disappearing under a wave of mild exasperation, "Well, that's true. But, then again, if you couldn't sense the things around you - could you have found me?"

In the background, Marry disappeared into another room while Seto and Kano exchanged bemused glances. In front of and between them, Kido was unreadable.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-02, 2:45 am

Katherine wanted to refute that. It was difficult though. "Well... you did yell at one point?" It was a feeble excuse, and they both knew it. In part because Momo had simply raised her voice, and Katherine wouldn't have heard that from the stables.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-02, 1:21 pm

"And that would have been enough for you to make your way through the forest to me?" Momo questioned rhetorically.

In the background Seto leaned against the wall while Kano steeped his fingers. Taking note of their antics, Kido sighed before coughing to get Momo and Katherine's attention, "As interesting as it is to listen to you two go back and forth... I have the feeling that if I don't stop your hear you'll go on all night. And you're operating on a time limit, right Momo?"

Blushing, Momo rubbed the back of her head sheepishly, "Yeah. Sorry. I didn't mean to lock you guys out of the conversation."

"No, we're fine," Seto spoke up, waving her apology off, "Kido's just a bit attention hungry."

The mentioned girl ducked into her hood more - if that was even possible - before turning about and glaring at Seto, prompting him to laugh somewhat nervously.

"Well then," Kano intoned, "if that's the case, maybe you should call home, ne?"

Momo blanched, 'Well... that'd work for me, but...' she glanced at Katherine, '...there's no way her parents would let her stay out late. It's probably a small miracle her mother was convinced to let her go outside at all... and given we slipped the leash.' She sighed, 'Is it really hopeless? I get the feeling that, when she goes home, I'll never see her again.'

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2015-08-04, 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-02, 4:07 pm

Katherine was embarrassed to have been unintentionally leaving the others out of the conversation, but at the mention of calling home, Katherine's flushed face quickly went even paler than was normal for her. "O-oh... I... suppose I should call home, yes..." She swallowed a bit, clearly nervous. "I... don't really want to, but... if I d-don't, Mother will be even angrier..." She sighed heavily, and pulled out her phone. It looked both rather 'fancy', as well as simplistic, having a braille keypad, no screen, and being rather thick. It was, however, decorated with a floral design. Not that Katherine was aware of this... and she simply held it, clearly debating on what she wanted to do.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-06, 7:08 pm

"Well," Momo said, vocalizing her thoughts in an uncharacteristically uncertain tone, , "if you call her now, we both know that she'll demand you come home immediately, right? If you wait until she calls you, it would buy some time until then... I doubt she'll let me take you out like this again either way."

Seto's brow quirked, while Kano continued staring impishly. Beneath her hood, Kido's mouth settled into a pensive frown.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-06, 7:15 pm

Katherine paused, and a strangely determined look crossed her face. "...I w-want to spend as much time with you as possible... so I won't c-call..." She nodded, and moved to put her phone away.... when it promptly began to ring loudly. Katherine let out a distinctly unladylike squawk of surprise, jumping a bit and fumbling her phone, her attempts to catch it ending up simply swatting it across the room, where it seemed to ring even more loudly, as if angered at it's treatment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-06, 8:53 pm

As the phone wizzed by, it found its momentum suddenly halted as Kido's hand shot up and caught. Pausing a moment to stare at the obnoxiously ringing device she'd just caught, the leader of the dan wordlessly passed it back to Katherine.

"Looks like you'll be facing the music after a- ouch!" Kano commented cheerfully, prompting Kido to slap him across the back of the head just hard enough to be noticed, but not quite so hard as to really hurt him.

Off to the side, Momo tensed, clasping her hands tightly behind her back while her mind ran through various scenarios, trying to find a way out of the dilemma they'd inadvertently walked into.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-06, 9:01 pm

Katherine took the phone with some reluctance, sighed, and hit the button to answer as she brought it up to her ear. "H-Hello?"

'You wandered off. I explicitly said not to wander off, and that's exactly what you did. Clearly, you hate me or something.' At the sound of the distinctly male voice, Katherine's eyes widened, her fear shifting to obvious surprise.

"...Toushi-san?"

'Yeah, that's me, the guy you two definitely ditched. That aside, please, tell me you're okay and not on the verge of death or something.'

"Um... I'm f-fine... we are with some n-new friends..." She sounded rather happy as she said that, something that Toushi noted.

'Hn. Well, good enough. Well, so long as that remains the case, shouldn't end up having an issue, I haven't reported back to your mother yet. And I won't, if I can help it. Hand the phone to your friend please.' Thoroughly confused, but feeling some hope welling up, Katherine held out the phone to Momo.

"T-Toushi-san wants to talk to you..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-06, 9:33 pm

"Eh? Toush-san? Not... that woman?" Momo queried, confused, as she took the phone, "...moshi-moshi?"

"...who's Toushi-san?" Kido inquired to Katherine, quietly so as not to interrupt the phone-call.

Meanwhile, Kano and Seto remained spectators, the former looking for all the world like he was enjoying a particularly spectacular play while the latter merely listened  in.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-06, 9:45 pm

Katherine listened to Momo's side of the conversations, curious, while Toushi started talking. 'Alright kid, here's the deal. I'm going to just pretend we never got separated, so I'm going to just enjoy my 'day off' here while you two hang out with your friends. You just need to make sure Katherine stays safe, alright? Once it's time for Katherine to go home, we will meet back up, and pretend we were together the entire time. Unless you feel like letting me know where the hell you two are. Then I'll just hang around and keep an eye on you both. Either way works for me, because babysitting you two because of my paranoid employer is pointless.'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-07, 1:32 am

"Alright. We'll call you if we're going to go out instead of hang around here," Momo intoned, mentally wiping sweat off her brow at the bullet that they'd just dodged.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-07, 1:39 am

'Good to hear. I'll call again if anything comes up.' He hung up then. After a moment, Katherine spoke up.

"S-so... we don't have to leave yet... right?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-07, 2:08 am

Momo turned back to Katherine, handing the phone with a relieved smile, "Nope. Looks like we dodged a bullet there. Toushi-san's covering for us."

"Well, I don't know all that's going on here," Kido said, "but it looks like you'll sticking around a while, yeah?"

"Yep," Momo affirmed cheerfully, her mood improved dramatically by this recent turn of events.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-07, 2:19 am

Katherine nodded happily as well, clearly very pleased. "Mhm! S-so, we can spend more time together... and Mother won't be angry." The thought of being able to continue spending time with her new group of friends... exhilarating.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-18, 6:25 pm

Momo took out her phone to call her own mother and let her know she was staying over with some friends for a bit while Kido took a seat on the couch opposite of Kano - Seto preferring to lean onto its back from behind rather than sit down (likely because it seated three, yet even before today the dan had four members and he didn't want to deny anyone a seat.)

At that time, Marry emerged from the kitchen with a tray laden with a filled tea-set. "Everyone, the tea is ready!" She said, lifting it for emphasis. Unfortunately, this threw her off balance and she teetered back and forth wildly as she stumbled forward, trying to regain her balance. Before anyone could intervene, the contents of the tray were sent flying despite her best efforts. One cup in particular soared over Momo, spilling tea all over her phone before crashing against the wall.

In this apartment with a hardwood floor and paneled walls... needless to say, of the tea-set, there were no survivors.

"Is everyone alright?" Seto inquired, checking to see if any of the projectile ceramics had injured anyone. Marry began to cry - over her mistake or the ruined tea set - prompting him to comfort her.

Kido, who had waved off Seto's concern, sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose before looking for something to clean up the mess with. Least helpful of everyone, Kano was clutching his sides and laughing. Meanwhile, Momo was frantically trying to dry her phone off, but the screen remained stubbornly unresponsive.

'I really should have gotten that case when I had the chance,' She lamented.

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2015-08-18, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-18, 6:45 pm

Katherine, for her part, was just confused. She was feeling faint feelings from everyone, of various kinds. The strongest one was an intense amusement from Kano, which she didn't need powers to know of due to his laughter. After that, was a good deal of distress from Marry, which worried her... but it was the much fainter distress from Momo that bothered her most. She'd heard the crash, and Marry's call of tea, so she could assume that the tea had been dropped and shattered. With this in mind... she started to panic a bit. "A-ah, Momo-san, Marry-san, are you b-both okay? Y-you're not hurt are you?" She didn't want to think about either of them being hurt by flying shards of... whatever this particular tea set had been made of.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-18, 6:54 pm

"We're fine," Momo returned, giving up on her phone with a sigh of frustration, glancing to Seto who gave a thumbs-up to the side without turning away from Marry, "Marry's just upset at the mess."

Kido returned with a towel, a broom, and a dustpan which she whacked Kano over the head with, "Oi, stop laughing at and help clean up the mess." She reprimanded.

"Sorry, sorry," Kano returned, a grin still on his face as he took the offered implement.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-18, 7:00 pm

Katherine frowned a bit. "Then why do you feel upset, Momo-san?" She had leaned in to whisper this, having probably correctly deduced that Marry would probably be even more upset to hear she'd caused Momo distress.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-18, 7:16 pm

"My phone's broken," Momo responded simply. Hearing this, Marry - who had just calmed down - immediately began to spout apologies.

"Awawa... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your phone. Awawawa...."

"It's fine, it's fine," Momo returned, somewhat unnerved by Marry's intense earnesty, "I can just buy a new one."

Here, Kano cut in, impishly, "The supermall's holding a sale - we could go there and Marry can take responsi-" only to be cut off by another 'friendly' tap from Kido.

"Idiot. Worry about the mess first."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-18, 7:26 pm

Katherine cocked her head to the side. "What's a s-supermall? And what makes it super? Does it have special p-powers?" She paused. "Oh... it's holding a sale? So it's a store? A... super store? Does it sell things that g-give super powers?" Another pause. "...Could I b-become a hero that way? If I was s-super, then maybe I'd be g-g-good enough to be a hero too..." She was talking to herself at this point.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-26, 2:17 am

Hearing this, those assembled blanched in surprise. While it was clear Katherine was sheltered, to not even know what a supermall was... what on Earth were here parents thinking? This thought was shared by the dan, though Momo - having met Katherine's mother - had already half-expected it in the corner of her mind. It was at the point where people might assume Katherine was simply acting, as being that naive was simply unbelievable.

Faced with such raw naivety, Kano nearly started laughing again only to pause and wilt under the combined glares of Momo and Kido.

"No... it's called a 'super' mall because it has almost any product you can think of in stock," Momo explained, feeling mildly guilty about dispelling Katherine's daydream, "the building is several stories tall. Compared to a normal store it's 'super.'"

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2015-08-26, 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-26, 2:33 am

Katherine... deflated. "Oh..." After a beat, she let out a nervous laugh, her cheeks heating up. "R-right, that was s-s-silly of me... s-sorry, I'll t-t-try n-not to say s-stupid things l-like that again... ha... w-what was I th-thinking...."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-26, 7:18 pm

"There's nothing to apologize for," Momo assured, "so... let's just get this mess cleaned up so we can go replace the phone. Oh, and call Toushi-san to let him know our plans, I suppose. We don't want him to worry unnecessarily."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2015-08-26, 7:25 pm

Katherine nodded, pulling her phone out, and hitting the button to call the last caller. "...Ah, Toushi-san? Um, Momo-san's phone... it got w-wet. We are g-going to go to the 'supermall'... n-no, all of us... ah... okay... th-thank you..." After hanging up, she shifted a bit. "Toushi-san said he'll m-meet us there...."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   

Back to top Go down

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next