The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-26, 10:15 pm

Silence was the only response for several moments. Arthur and Arlin both just stared at Momo with shock, though Arlin seemed to be steadily edging toward anger. Katherine looked utterly terrified, and at some point her hand had found Momo's arm, which she was gripping tightly. Elizabeth looked... helpless. She didn't seem to know how to respond. Jared, however, straightened his suit again, before speaking calmly.

"I think that's quite enough. I've tolerated your presence until now, little girl, but I will not allow you to disrespect my guests and insult me in my own home. Toushi, remove her."

"...Nah." The casual response caused Jared to pause, and look over at the man.

"...Excuse me?"

"I'd like to see you defend your position. Come on, she's a teenaged girl. Surely you can school her, right?" Jared seemed quite confused, while Elizabeth  seemed even more lost, and Katherine seemed to be on the verge of a panic attack. The Pendragon's seemed content to sit back. "Go on, boss. Tell the brat off."

"...M-M-Momo-san... p-please apologize..." Katherine's voice was weak, and shaking. She was utterly terrified, and holding back tears as she watched the rage building in her father's eyes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-26, 10:44 pm

"Sorry Katherine-chan," Momo said gently, "but there are things that can't be forgiven. You have the right to a family which cares for you, and your 'father' has a duty to do his damn best to give it to you. Not... put on a show, make you act like a... doll, and then try to sell you." Her eyes flared again, in challenge, "Unless you want to try and tell me that you - somehow - are acting in her best interests? That that boy-" She pointed and accusing finger at Arlin, "will not only take care of her, but care for her, and treat both her and any children she has with respect? That he isn't just looking for a toy to play with and show off?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-26, 11:15 pm

Arthur seemed about to respond, but Arlin grabbed his arm, shaking his head. Jared stood slowly, turning to look at Momo. "If you insist on pushing, then fine, I'll indulge you. You have known Katherine for a day. A single day. I have known her since the day she was born. I know what she is and is not capable of. I know what needs to be done to ensure her future safety and security. Sometimes doing what is right isn't easy. Sometimes it takes difficult decisions." He gestured to Katherine dismissively, ignoring her in favor of sneering at Momo.

"As unsavory of a truth as it is, Katherine is what many would call 'damaged goods'. She's blind, uneducated, unskilled. She's incapable of taking care of herself, of providing for herself. She continues to live a comfortable life because I provide it. It is in her best interests that someone take her in and take care of her, because I do not have the time nor the patience to continue doing so myself into old age. Finding her a suitable, wealthy husband is the surest way to do so. Arthur here is the last one willing to put up with her in a long line of suitors. He's her final chance." He glanced at Katherine then, seeing the fragile look in her eyes. If anything, it seemed to anger him further.

"She may be a disappointment to me, but if someone else can get some use of her, at least I can arrange it so I get something out of it. What is it the common folk say? One man's trash is another man's treasure?" He turned his gaze to Momo again, blatantly ignoring how utterly... broken, Katherine suddenly seemed to be. "I will lay the facts down for you, clear as day. I don't want her, Arthur does. He can provide for her for years to come. I refuse to. She can have children, a family. She'll be safe and secure, and out of my hair. Call me a horrible father if you wish... perhaps you're right. But I'm doing my duty, and making sure she's taken care of."

Jared paused, taking a deep breath, before glancing around the room. He took stock of the situation. 'Toushi... the look in his eyes is murderous... I'll need to call for security, perhaps. Elizabeth looks shellshocked... heartbroken, I suppose. Well, that could be a thorn in my side for a bit, but I can patch that up eventually. She'll fall in line, she always does. Katherine seems to be almost catatonic.. potentially problematic. Arthur was not likely to want her if she's like this... It should pass though, one way or another. The Pendragon's don't seem too upset, aside from being uncomfortable... ah, Arthur was eyeing the women in the room again. Unsurprising...'

Finally he turned to Momo again, looking down at her like one might eye a bit of dirt on their shoe. "Are you satisfied, you petulant little child? You've upset everyone with your foolishness, including your so called friend. You should leave, before you disrupt things further."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-27, 12:58 am

Momo was gobsmacked - not by the man's retort, which had done nothing to counter her words - but by how brazenly he had just admitted to her accusations. However, she was in no way finished yet, and that man had just broken Katherine's heart. "You... are the blindest person in this room, if you think Katherine is... useless. She isn't helpless, and she definitely isn't 'trash.' To call your own child something like that, and have the nerve so say you're doing something in her 'best interests!' You're telling me that slime will take care of her?! She really would be safer in a subway; at least there it's only a probability someone's out to hurt her!"

Momo fumed, taking a moment to calm before continuing, "Uneducated? When you didn't teach her or allow her to be schooled, of course she wouldn't be 'Educated.' Does that mean she's dumb? Of course not. Unskilled? When you didn't teach her, she taught herself. Did you know she knows how to read? She's probably read every book in this household. Even the ones not written in braille. How about her interests? What's her favorite color?"

She gently placed her hand over Katherine's, "I will not leave this room unless Katherine asks me to. This is meeting is hers, is it not? I am her guest, not yours. She is the only one with any right to choose within this room. Who stays, who goes. Yes, or no. And she does have the right to choose." She turned to Katherine, smiling gently and trusting the other girl to perceive it, "Do you want me to leave, Katherine-chan? You have the right to control your fate. No one else here matters. Do you want to marry those slimeballs? Do you want me to step out, leave, and never come back? That can happen if you want it to. But if you want me to stay... I will not leave. He can't make me. Your mother can't make me. Those slimeballs can't make me. Only you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-27, 1:16 am

While Jared fumed over Momo's words, Katherine slowly seemed to come out of her stupor a bit, turning to face Momo with watery eyes. After a moment, she just sank into Momo's side, burying her face in the other girl's shoulder, gripping her arm tightly. "I w-want you to stay..."

"I have had enough of this farce!" Jared's enraged voice cut through the tense air. "I will not stand for any more of your disrespect in my house!" He suddenly stormed over toward Momo and Katherine, grabbing Momo's arm and yanking her out of her seat. Katherine was dragged along as well... and immediately panicked.

"N-no, Papa, please! Let go of Momo, stop it!" She grabbed her father's arm, trying to pull him away from Momo... only for him to respond by slapping Katherine across the face, sending her to the floor. Several things happened at once.

Elizabeth was on her feet, her earlier lost expression replaced by rage, as she moved to Katherine's side, berating Jared for striking their daughter. Toushi was vaulting the couch, moving to get Jared away from both girls before he could do anything further. Jared shook Momo roughly, shouting something about being sick of disrespectful brats. He raised a hand as if to strike Momo this time.

"STOP IT!!!!"

The scream was piercing, and seemed to reverberate through everyone's entire bodies, as if a wave of power passed through each of them. The sound of Katherine's voice seemed to echo inside their minds as well as the room, but that was nothing compared to what was seen. Toushi stood there, eyes wide, still with his fist cocked back as he'd been about to strike Jared... who was no longer where he was. He was on the other side of the room, unconscious, his body half buried in the wall and a destroyed bookshelf. Katherine was on her feet again, next to Momo, one arm outstretched toward her father as she breathed heavily. Her eyes  were glowing brightly for a moment before they rolled back into her head, and she collapsed, slipping blissfully into unconsciousness.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-27, 2:42 am

Surprised as everyone else, Momo barely caught Katherine as she collapsed... though it was more that she slowed the girl's fall until the pair of them came to a rest against Momo's former seat, which Jared had pulled her out of. The chair slid several inches, and wobbled somewhat dangerously, but stabilized. Surveying the room, Momo shifted as best she could, beneath Katherine's weight, the hindrance to the task only compounding the awkward gesture. "...That was... something."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-27, 2:50 am

"Yeah... something. We should go." Toushi was eyeing Jared's unconscious body, as he picked Katherine up into a princess carry.

"But... h-hang on, you can't-" Elizabeth's protests were cut off by a stern look from Toushi.

"Listen to me very carefully. I'm a father myself, and after everything I've seen tonight, there is no way in hell this girl is staying another night under this roof. Not with that waste of space here, and not with you as you are. You seem like you genuinely care for Katherine... but you're apparently incapable of actually taking care of her. I recorded the conversation in this room. It's been sent off to some contacts of mine. You can expect CPS within the hour. Right now... the best thing for Kathy is to get far away from that man." He said nothing else, simply motioning for Momo to follow as he started for the door. Elizabeth simply sat there, staring after Katherine with a distant look in her eyes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-27, 3:15 am

Standing and rubbing the forming bruise where Jared had grabbed her, Momo paused, offering a brief, apologetic bow to Elizabeth, "Sorry for being such a busybody, but... she was clearly suffering." And then she followed Toushi out the door.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-27, 10:53 pm

Elizabeth didn't respond, simply staring after where they had gone. After a moment, she stood, and walked out of the room. Eventually, the Pendragon's left of their own accord. Jared would eventually wake, but until then, he was left in the wall.

~~~~~

Toushi glanced at Momo as they walked, eyeing her warily. "...He didn't hurt you, did he?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-27, 11:30 pm

"It's just a bruise," Momo replied, voice aplomb, "-worth it for getting her out of there. I'm just lucky he didn't do worse."

"He wouldn't have lasted the minute," Kido cut in, seemingly materializing alongside them, "even if Katherine hadn't thrown him across the room. Toushi-san was about to deck him, and we weren't much further behind."

"Wa!" Momo whirled about in surprise. The entire dan was there, alongside Shintaro. Kano snickered at her reaction, but for once Momo didn't pay him much heed, "You guys were there the entire time, weren't you?"

Kido shrugged, but Seto wasn't long in picking up her slack, "Of course."

"Leader-sama would have kicked our ass if we tried to back out, you know?" Kano piped up, grinning like a fool. Kido, face concealed by her hood and windbreak, didn't kick him.

Marry pulled ahead a bit to fuss over Momo's arm, "...We're a team now, right?" she noted, smiling.

Behind the lot of them, Shintaro glanced surreptitiously aside, blushing.

"Oi, Master! You're killing the mood - it's your turn, so speak up! Master! Maa~aaster!"

The boy studiously attempted to keep his features cool, looking anywhere but anyone else while Ene pestered him. Eventually, he acceded... even if he was mumbling, "Tch...like I'd let my little sister do something that stupid alone."

But Momo still heard it, and her face was positively alight with mischief, "Ha. What was that? Am I hearing things? Did onii-chan just try to sound cool?"

"As if!" Shintaro shot straight back, "You didn't hear anything!"

"Tsu~n~de~re~!" Ene teased.

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2017-05-06, 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-27, 11:44 pm

Toushi seemed unsurprised by the situation, chuckling. "Well, I'm glad you all were looking out for things, regardless. I admit I'm surprised by Katherine though... I didn't think she had that kind of power, to throw a grown man across a room like that... seems she didn't either." He hefted the girl in his arms. "Regardless, she's going to need a place to stay."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-29, 12:19 pm

At the same time Momo was musing, "I could ask okaa-san..." Kido offered, "She could stay with us."

Shintaro pinched the bridge of his nose, while Kano and Seto.... continued smirking / smiling.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2016-10-29, 1:13 pm

Toushi raised a brow. "I'm unsure how responsible it is to leave her in the care of kids around her age instead of an adult... but you all clearly know how to take care of yourselves, and she'd be well hidden with you..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-06, 10:37 pm

"Well, that settles that then." Kano chirped, as if it had been a foregone conclusion all along.

Kido promptly swatted the back of his head, without even turning to face him directly, but Momo was simply sighing. "She probably would be better off with them for now, huh." If only because it'd be much harder to find her in the home of a pack of seemingly random strangers than the house of the city's star idol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-06, 10:49 pm

Toushi nodded slightly, glancing at Momo briefly. "And you know, you can visit her there more easily than you could before. So that's a plus. Anyway, let's get her into a bed. And when she wakes up, she's going to need someone to talk to her. From what I know of her at this point, she's likely to somehow feel she did something wrong when she threw her father like that."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-06, 11:10 pm

"That just means we'll have to tell her house awesome it was!" Ene chirped. "I wish I had a good angle to catch the look on his face before he went flying."

"Uhm... but she probably did hurt him. I mean... breaking a hole in the wall like that... had to hurt, right?" Marry questioned.

"Oh, definitely." Kano said agreeably, "He totally deserved it though."

Not disagreeing with the sentiment, Kido refrained from thwacking Kano (who honestly hadn't even done anything out of line. This time.) "...she didn't mean to hurt him, though. Anymore than any of us meant to use our powers before we got used to them."

And so it went. Eventually it was decided Seto would keep watch (and Marry, after he left for work) over the inert girl. Momo (mildly disappointed her part was done for now) separated from the group at a certain turn, heading home with Shintaro before the sun started dipping too much lower in the sky.

[Once there, he had to restrain her from actually defaming Jared over twitter, after she got the bright idea to spread the news around so it couldn't get swept under the rug. Ene could and would do it much more thoroughly, anyway, if it came to that.]

The day was finally done. For a small while, Marry watched over the inert girl as she slept, magenta eyes curious and wondering, before she herself left to rest.

When Katherine awoke, it was actually fairly late into the next day. The dan fretted over her continued slumber, but life had its demands and eventually Katherine's sleeping form was left alone with Marry, who was idly writing short poems on her notebook in mild discontent.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-06, 11:16 pm

Katherine groaned softly as she woke, slowly forcing herself into a sitting position. Used to waking up in her own bed, she didn't think to use her powers to 'see' what was around her, instead going off of memory... which obviously failed her as she got up and immediately tripped over something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-06, 11:40 pm

Jolting in surprise, Marry turned from her desk just in time to see Katherine trip over a spare chair they'd left by the bed during the early stages of passive worrying. "Um... are you alright?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-06, 11:42 pm

Katherine paused at the voice, and reached out with her powers to take stock of where she was. After a moment, she sat up, blinking a bit. "Marry-san? What... am I doing here?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-06, 11:47 pm

"Well... Toushi-san decided it'd be best if you hid here while the... stuff... with your parents is getting worked out." She responded succinctly. "So... we took you here after you passed out. Seto's at work, and Kido and Kano are fetching groceries. Kisaragi-chan and -san are probably at school... so there's not a whole lot to do right now. I could get you some tea?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-06, 11:51 pm

Katherine seemed to digest that, before suddenly recoiling as if struck. "O-oh... I... I attacked... Father..." She looked utterly horrified as she recalled what had actually happened, and she began to panic. She tried so hard to please her parents, only to use her powers to throw her Father across the room. "He... he's going to hate me... they are going to hate me, how could I..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-06, 11:56 pm

Marry fidgeted nervously as Katherine started having a panic attack. Comforting people wasn't really something she did a whole lot... or, maybe ever, really? Sometimes it was hard to tell.

So, she said the first thing that came to mind: "I... don't think your mother hates you? At least, she seemed really upset that you had to go." And if Katherine's father could muster the courage to hate instead of fear her... well, actually, there wasn't much difference in the end between the two, was there? But he never cared in the first place, apparently, so he didn't matter.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-07, 12:06 am

Katherine faced Marry, her eyes starting to water. "But I... I attacked Father, and... and I ruined the marriage plans..." Her voice was straining, the tears starting to fall now. "I... I tried so hard... I wanted them to be proud of me... and I ruined it all just like that..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-07, 12:16 am

When Seto did this kind of thing, he always made it seem so effortless, Marry thought it wouldn't too much trouble. Goes to show what she knows. Hundreds thousands? of memories of moments like these, and a soft voice cruel? or encouraging disparaging word making everything better worse, always so much worse, and she still hadn't figured it out herself. But this wasn't the time for self-recrimination.

"But your mother didn't care about that..." Marry insisted, baffled. Didn't she just tell Katherine that? Why do people have to be so frustrating? Why does it have to be so hard to just be happy? "...and I don't think your father would ever be proud of you, really. Just happy to squeeze all the life out, like a serpent." See? She could be insightful! Take that, self! Though... Katherine probably didn't want to hear that, did she? If only it could've been a helpful insight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-07, 12:20 am

"N-no... Father isn't like that... I'm just not good enough, I have to be better!" Katherine was... struggling. She had long since deluded herself regarding her father, and it was hard to shake it. "I just need to... to show him that I'm worth something, that's all!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   

Back to top Go down

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next