The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-07, 12:29 am

"But aren't you?" Marry questioned. "If you were worthless, he would've left you in a ditch." And left, never to return again. "Why does he matter anyway? Aren't you happier with the dan? Why do you-" want to disappear again "-want to go back to that?" Never see anyone again.

At this point, Marry still didn't get the 'arranged marriage' thing. Not really. Since when did other people get to choose who you loved? It was just so... dumb. Why get married if you don't love the spouse? For that matter, why get married at all? If you loved someone, you'd want to spend time with them, right? Not disappear.

Sometimes, Marry hated this world wished things were simpler. It was like The World forbid happiness. Why couldn't anyone just be happy?

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2017-05-07, 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-07, 12:36 am

Surprisingly or not, Marry's words managed to stall Katherine's downward spiral. Never see them again? That... that was the exact opposite of what she wanted. She wanted to be with them... always. They were all her friends now, weren't they? "I... I am happier with all of you... I just... I just wanted them to be proud of me... I..." She hesitated. "I don't want to ever go back to being alone... to not having friends... I don't want to get married to someone I don't know, or who scares me... I... I just don't know how to make them proud if I don't do what they want me to do..." She trailed off, her panic settling into a much calmer confusion... that is, until she registered the roiling torrent of... whatever that was she was feeling emanating from Marry. "...Marry-san? Are... are you okay?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-07, 12:44 am

"Are you okay now?" Marry riposted, startled at the sudden shift.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-07, 12:46 am

Katherine blinked, shifting a bit. "I... I don't know. I'm just..." She seemed to be searching for the right words. "I'm confused..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-07, 12:53 am

"That makes two of us, then." Marry returned, smiling a small wry smile as her concern frustration was overwritten with relief for the most part. "But, um... You should probably stop worrying so much. If nothing else, we'll be here for you." For how long?

And then Marry's phone (a cheap little thing, not good for much besides the occasional call) started ringing its generic tone with all the joy of a songbird, breaking the moment and prompting Marry to squeak in surprise and whirl about, eyes searching for where she'd left the device.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-07, 12:57 am

Katherine blinked again, picking up the vibrations of the phone as it rang, and pointing toward it. "It's right there, Marry-san..." She was a bit subdued; there were some... new thoughts in her head, that she wasn't sure how to interpret at the moment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-07, 3:41 am

"Ah, thanks." Marry intoned as she grabbed the  phone and nervously fiddled with the buttons she used only rarely. Placing the phone to her ear as she found and depressed the 'accept call' button, Marry---

"Hello? Kido, Seto... Kano, Marry?! It doesn't matter. Do you guys still have Katherine's phone, or Toushi-san's number? I need his help. This is important!"
(it's a link)

It's Shintaro's voice. He sounds a bit frantic and upset.

...Actually, he sounds really frantic and upset, and if Marry weren't shocked at being put on the spot so suddenly, she might've recognized that he was breathing a bit more heavily than usual, and maybe even the sound of cicadas chirping in the background.

"U-um... wha-wha--" ...but she was more than a little shocked, and not all that great under pressure.

Shintaro cursed into the phone, "Look - Momo got a weird call from some kid she met a couple days ago that cut out all of a sudden, and now she's sprinted off to some park somewhere and I can't call the police because for some stupid reason the calls keep getting rejected and even Ene can't get through so she's off trying to track down the kid's phone and I'd really appreciate some back up here, because-- SHIT!" there was a brief burst of static, followed by some shouts, "--Ene caught something really suspicious on the other end and there are more fucking terrorists, what the hell?!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 2:06 am

Katherine didn't need some sort of power to hear Shintaro's panicked words over the phone. All other thoughts were pushed aside as key bits of information registered. Momo had run off somewhere, and more terrorists were involved in whatever was going on. That was all she needed to hear. She was suddenly right next to Marry, calling out to Shintaro over the phone desperately. "Shintaro-san, are you okay? Is Momo okay!? Where are you!?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 2:39 am

"I'm fine," Shintaro assured, voice clearly straining to stay even, as Marry eep'd at Katherine's sudden proximity. "Just... a bit winded. There aren't any assholes chasing me - just... they're probably responsible for the kid's call getting cut off. So, like I said, could you give Toushi a call? This is serious, and the police won't pickup for some reason."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 2:55 am

Katherine didn't even respond, pulling out her phone and quickly calling Toushi, having memorized the numbers on the phone long ago, and Toushi's number recently. "Toushi-san?"

"Ah, you're awake. Good, was hoping you wouldn't be out too lo-"

"Momo-san is in trouble!"

"Whoa, wait, hang on a sec-"

"Shintaro-san, where is this!?"

"You're there? What the hell is going on?" Katherine wasn't screaming. She actually seemed oddly... calm, albeit incredibly tense. She was 'staring' at the phone in Marry's hand with strange focus, and her voice was firm, not carrying the usual hesitation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 3:01 am

"I already told you - a park somewhere. A park. I don't know which one! How should I?!" Shintaro answered (or didn't) with the same degree of grace he'd shown in the conversation so far. Which was to say, not much. Really, he was cursing himself for not knowing. If he'd paid a bit more attention to his family, maybe he'd have some idea which park in the city Momo was referring to, or at least frequented, but he didn't. And therefor, he had no idea. For all his vaunted intelligence, yet again he couldn't find the answer. And that worried him more than anything else, because the last time he couldn't figure 'it' out...

The last time didn't matter right now. His sister did, even if running from park to park was killing his lungs. Even if he didn't have a plan for when he got there. He wouldn't - couldn't - fail here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 3:08 am

Katherine felt a rare spark of anger, but stamped it down. "Fine." Something about the finality in her tone did not sit well with Toushi.

"Hey, kid, I need to you sit tight, alright? I'll be right there and-"

"Here. Marry-san, please help Shintaro-san and Toushi-san. I'm going to go find her..."

"Oh hell no, you sit your ass down where you are and wait for-"

"No." Katherine simply stood, and stormed out of the apartment, pulsing out her perception to it's limits. "I'm coming, Momo-san..."

After she left, there was silence from her phone for a long moment. Then a rather quiet, and perplexed, "...Well fuck me running..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 4:32 am

(OOC: Permission acquired, so GM Voice Go!)

As Katherine left Marry blinking in confusion behind her and raced into the city, she was quickly lost among its many, many twists and turns. Her awareness expanded to cover nearly the entire block, so she could at least avoid getting stuck within the same general area, but she honestly had no idea where she was going beyond to 'the park,' and her memory of actually getting there was pretty spotty. But even if that would have given her pause, it didn't matter. She would find Momo-

- she could feel it.

That just meant she had to get there in time, so Katherine ran. She ran, and she ran quickly. Moving faster and far longer than she ever imagined her body was capable of, Katherine ran. When she tripped, she grit her teeth and nearly threw herself back to her feet. When a crowd gathered, it parted before her, and she ran onward without regard for the startled cries of those who stumbled behind her, beyond perhaps a brief moment of internal apology. It was unfortunate, but they didn't matter. She had to make it faster-

- she just knew it.

And that meant running faster, so Katherine ran faster. And then she saw it ---- A pair of children were tied up to one side. There was a tall boy laying motionless by the fountain. And Momo was next to him, struggling with a pair of men. One of them struck the side of her head, and she stumbled and Katherine charged forward into the street ----

(Oh, it's you again. Hello)

Pain.

(I'm sorry)

Darkness.

(but you didn't make it this time)

...and she woke up in the dan's Secret Base again. This time, Marry wasn't there.

What happened? She was confused. Where was Marry? Her head hurt. Something was strange. (it's a link)

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2017-05-08, 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 4:44 am

Katherine blinked with confusion, reaching out with her perception to check the whole apartment. "...Marry-san?"

(Best. Post. Evah.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 4:51 am

But no matter how hard Katherine looked, Marry wasn't there. No one was. And there were no signs of anyone having lived in the base either, for that matter. All of the books were missing from the shelves. Various knick-nacks were all gone (except for a digital, but Katherine couldn't read without touching it), and the fridge was even empty.

Even the large plaque on the front door was missing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 4:53 am

Katherine started to panic a bit now. Something was horribly wrong here. She pulled out her phone, deciding to try calling Toushi. Perhaps he could help?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 4:54 am

But it didn't ring.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 4:57 am

Katherine bit her lip, feeling even more confused and tense than ever. Suddenly, the apartment made her feel incredibly uncomfortable. She decided it was best to leave, and see if she could... find someone, maybe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-08, 7:15 am

(DM Voice, Continue!)

(They won't be anywhere near here -)

Even outside the dan's apartment, she didn't see anyone, though that wasn't all that unusual for their neighborhood. At least, Katherine hadn't seen anyone hanging around the times she was standing here in the past.

(- you'll need to search further.)

But was the street here always so wide? It seemed like it was at least twice as far across now. Maybe even four times. The first time Katherine came here, there was only space for four or five people to walk shoulder to shoulder. It was more of an alley than a street... but now? It didn't just look like a car could drive through - but two. Three?

(Stop! That never ends well.)

The more focus she put on the weirdness, the worse it seemed to get, so - shuddering - Katherine did her best to avoid paying too much attention to it as she set off walking, though it was hard to do that while simultaneously searching for people.

(There you go. That's right, just like that!)

Normally - or, at least, supposedly - when one is lost and trying to find someone, they call out for help... but this place seemed to have an oppressive weight to it, even beyond the weirdness. Katherine just couldn't relax, no matter if she wanted to, and she was constantly on edge. It felt almost like there was a static charge tickling her limbs, which dissipated whenever she paid it any mind.

(Don't worry. Just play along and you'll be fine.)

As Katherine exited onto the main road, that sense of... wrongness only grew stronger. The buildings grew smooth, with perfectly ordered windows leering out at her on every floor.  There were telephone poles every ten steps, with traffic lights hanging limply between them. People started appearing, but they were wrong too - their bodies blank and lacking form and life and motion. They gave no mind to her passing, and she did her best to ignore them in return. But soon after that, the telephone poles started coming with clocks attached - all ticking as one, though the time was never the same on any two clocks when she checked.

(Just keep going - you can find them before the clocks even matter.)

And then one shattered, causing Katherine to jump in surprise. A train shot past shortly thereafter. When did she come alongside the tracks? Katherine gripped the hem of her dress nervously, because she was pretty sure she hadn't come up to any tracks yet, but here she stood. Willfully ignoring change of locale, Katherine decided that she had quite enough of all this wandering, and expanded her senses --- all of them --- as much as she was able.

(At least, you've done it before.) | nostalgia-worry-hope-resignation 

And... there! What was that? She could feel someone's emotions, somehow, though she could also tell that they were nowhere nearby. Granted, 'nearby' could mean almost anything in this place, it seemed. Still, that was certainly something, and now Katherine had a destination if nothing else. Using that as a compass, she made her way forward once again. Even if they couldn't help her, or were even the reason everything was... wrong... at least Katherine would find something.

(Wait, where are you going?) | bafflement-worry-concern-curiosity

It wasn't easy.

(Wow... it's trying even harder to stop you -) | amazement-worry-

The streets seemed to twist and turn, and forests of street signs would spring from the ground to block her path.

(- I didn't think that was even possible.) | -bitterness-concern. 

Occasionally, Katherine sometimes even found herself walking into a building, but...

(Well, it doesn't matter. If it's you... even this much still isn't enough.) | respect-envy-guilt-faith

...she didn't stop. Eventually, she found herself standing in front of a large, rectangular building. This one was much shorter than the others, and in the center of a fence-enclosed field. Katherine still couldn't "see" very far from herself, so she had to actually enter the building before she noticed the shoe-lockers lining the foyer, and the desks in adjoining rooms. A school? Those feelings were strong here.

(Hah... I can't believe this. You're really amazing, you know.) | respect-happiness-sadness-hope 

There were probably far too many desks, and as Katherine focused on them they only seemed to grow in number and slide about in a disorienting way, so she ignored them with growing ease as she made her way to the source of those feelings. She had to go all the way to the back of the building on the third floor. Fortifying her resolve, Katherine opened the door--

"...you actually found me on your own." | happiness-bitterness-respect-sadness

It was a girl with long hair, sitting on the surface of a desk by the window.

She was smiling, and she had a familiar voice.

A Hero's voice. (Song Link)

A Hero...?:

(Link to image location)
Credit to Pixiv ID 8614015, probably.

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2017-05-10, 2:25 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Extended at Avi's request.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-10, 1:31 am

Katherine stopped in her tracks, focusing on the figure in front of her. Hesitantly, she stepped into the room, slowly navigating the desks as she approached. She... didn't understand what she was feeling. She didn't recognize this person. Her features were blurry, as they always were when she 'looked' at people. But something about them... the feelings coming from them, something about the way she was sitting, her voice, the way she seemed to be smiling... "I... who..." She swallowed hard as she came within arms reach of the person, the person who was causing these feelings. "...Why does my heart hurt?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-10, 1:41 am

"I think-" | nostalgia-playfulness

The girl hero hummed, looking toward the ceiling, seemingly in deep thought, before abruptly turning back to face Kathy.

"-that's because I'm a bit of an idiot, yeah?" | self-recrimination-regret

She joked, batting the side of her head with a fist.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-10, 1:44 am

"No." The response was immediate, and firm. Katherine wasn't sure why, but the instant the girl had called herself an idiot, every part of her being had screamed at her about how utterly wrong that felt. She found herself moving closer. "Who are you? I... I know you, but I... I can't remember, and I can't... people are always blurry to me, I..." She paused, seeming to focus on something, and reached out toward the hair clip in the girl's hair.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-10, 2:07 am

"Hm? You really don't recognize me? Well, that's probably my fault." | self-recrimination-regret-

The girl's hero's expression - at least, what little Katherine could see of it, was wistful, and she remained placid as Katherine grasped at one of her hair-clips.

"They're red, like Mom's were. She gave them to me.-" | nostalgia-sadness-

She explained, before poking Katherine's own hair-clip,

"-to replace that one. Heh, even after all this time... I'm still surprised you've kept it." | -happiness-nostalgia.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-10, 2:12 am

Katherine's eyes widened... and then suddenly filled with tears as it struck her who, exactly, this girl... this hero, was. "...A-Ayano..." There was a pause... before she let out a strangled whimper and pulled Ayano into a sudden hug, holding her tightly to herself. "It's you... it's really you... I... I never thought I'd see you again..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   2017-05-10, 2:19 am

Ayano's eyes widened for a moment in surprise, before her expression turned gentle as she returned the hug.

"...Yep, it's me! Though to be honest, I didn't expect to be seen again either. This place is just full of surprises, it seems." | surprise-humor-regret-bitterness.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]   

Back to top Go down

Today's Tomorrow [Private, Invite Eligible]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next