The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 3:48 am

Tanarin pursed her lips, clearly not pleased with what she was hearing. "That... is not how things work here. Lady Anya wants the mortal races to make their own destinies, and to get through hardships under their own power; to not rely on divine intervention for everything. However, she knows that sometimes there is no choice. Sometimes there is suffering that is just too great, or an evil too foul, that she cannot bear to stay out of it, and neither can we. But no matter the circumstances, we would never punish someone for following their heart and protecting someone that needed their help. I don't know where you came from, and I do not wish to make assumptions about that place, so I will simply say that here, Harp, you will never be persecuted by us for doing the right thing."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 3:59 am

Oh, but he was hardly sinless. Still, it was that one judgement which had started... everything. "So I have seen," He noted. Silence would be somewhat discomforting, even to him, and they had a ways yet to fly. Further, now that he had already began... It was easy to forget how much you missed company, when you were all alone with nothing but a goal for... a long time. "It was her wish." He said, "Her prayer. Her village burned. Raiders ran amok, slaying and pillaging and destroying lives. Killing futures... Choking on the smoke, she called for aid but no one came. For the children, not herself." One of his hands clenched tightly, nothing inside its grasp but a memory, "I descended to answer her wish, but the others delayed me. By the time I lost patience and forced my way through, the children had already perished and she'd entered the flames alone. I had failed, so I did the best I could to save her while she still drew breath... you know the rest." Or, at least, enough of the rest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 5:50 pm

Tanarin was clearly bothered by what she was hearing, and while she didn't want to pry, she felt compelled to ask. "...But... why would they do this? I don't understand why it was such a crime for you to try to save innocents from suffering, that they would exile you and even punish her? I can't understand that kind of thinking..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 6:17 pm

"It was 'forbidden.'" Harp said bluntly, "I never knew why. Most likely, they didn't either."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 6:26 pm

"Tch..." Tanarin didn't really have much to say to that. It was just so... stupid. "I'm sorry that you both had to go through that, Harp.... and I want you to know, you have saved the lives of countless children of this world through your actions, and avenged the lives of those that came before. I don't know how much that means for you, but I feel it is something to be proud of."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 6:35 pm

Pride, huh? Tends, hundreds, or even thousands of faceless children... did not erase the memory burned into him by the faces of the children he had seen. All that suffering, and nothing had come of it. He would remember that sin - no amount of good would he allow to absolve him within his heart. "Do not be sorry for me," He said at length, "but for the girl and those children whom I failed to save." They deserved it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 6:41 pm

Tanarin sighed, but nodded. "Do not misunderstand... my heart goes out to them... and I understand the guilt you likely feel for who you didn't manage to save... but be cautious. Your humility is admirable, but you can take it too far. Don't let yourself become blinded." That was all she really had to say about that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 7:16 pm

'Blinded.' There was good advice if he'd ever been given any. If only it had come a couple thousand years ago. Or was it only thousands? He couldn't remember. Blindness... he wondered if he'd ever really seen. He was so caught up in his goal, in his promise - in his desire - that he had completely missed the feelings of his target. The entire time he'd tried to purify her, Sophia had only wanted to die. And then he'd spent so many years trying to bring her back anyway.

It was disgusting. Had there been a court left to judge him, he should have visited once more and accepted whatever sentence.

"This child," He spoke, seeking mostly to escape the unproductive cycle of guilt and shame he'd been diving into, "how far from that village do his parents dwell?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 7:22 pm

Accepting the change of subject, Tanarin nodded slightly. "A little under nine-hundred miles, give or take. I'm keeping a layer of shielding around him so he doesn't feel any negative effects from us traveling this fast, if you were wondering."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 7:29 pm

"And they abducted him...? On foot?" Harp queried, mildly surprised.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-01-13, 7:39 pm

Tanarin nodded. "The 'Scouters', the ones that would go out and abduct people, had magical devices. Old ones, from a time long gone. One allowed them to put someone to sleep, another allowed them to teleport back to the anchor point, which we always assumed was their village."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-02-22, 2:21 am

"And this continued for centuries, perhaps millennia, without reprisal..." Harp noted blamelessly, though his heart still clenched with fury. Shaking his head to clear it of dark thoughts, he changed the subject, "How long is it this child has been from his loved ones?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-02-22, 3:38 am

Tanarin smiled slightly. "Not long, thankfully. You arrived just in time, it would seem. As for how long they have been at this.... so far as we can tell, the abductions only began a few centuries ago. Before that, there's little we can tell.... it's actually likely that Lady Anya will want to thank you personally... she's been trying to do something about those monsters for so long..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-02-22, 5:28 am

"Then with luck, they might yet have hope in his return." Harp replied, deliberately not commenting on the latter half of Tanarin's dialogue.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-07-24, 9:56 pm

Tanarin simply nodded. "They do, it hasn't been long. Though, if you will allow it, I can transport us there instantly."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-07-25, 12:27 am

"I see little point in further delay," Harp responded succinctly, indirectly indicating that he had decided to extend trust toward Tanarin.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-07-25, 12:30 am

Tanarin nodded, and slowed her flight to an eventual stop, turning to Harp, extending a hand. "Thank you for the trust. Please take my hand, and hold tightly, to ensure you don't get dropped off somewhere between here and there."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   2016-07-25, 12:37 am

Harp acquiesced, essence-filled gauntlet taking the offered hand and grasping it tightly, without trepidation. Harp was not one to wallow within indecisiveness, after all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.   

Back to top Go down

The Right to Choose is The Right to Consequence.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2