The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Where Fairies Tread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-22, 3:12 am

Layla Heartfilia smiled softly as she laid a hand gently on her swollen belly as she relaxed in a lawn chair outside of the cottage she and Jude were staying in. He was slowly building up connections and contacts in order to get their business off the ground, but it looked promising. And in three short months, they would have a new addition to the family. A daughter, who was to be named Lucy. She looked out over the horizon, taking a deep breath. This was the start of a new, wonderful life...

And then suddenly, there was a loud explosion as some sort of portal tore open in the sky some distance away. She was stunned by the sight, but more than that, something had seemed to fall from the portal just before it closed. She forced herself to her feet, going to tell Jude.

Several hours later, she was sitting in a chair at the bedside of an unconscious young brunette woman, found in the forests below where she had seen the portal.

Something told her this was going to be an interesting day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-22, 7:55 pm

Samantha woke up with a splitting headache, her limbs felt weak limp and weak while she could swore her taste buds had evaporated with how unnaturally dry her mouth was. She had no idea where she was, how she got here or what happened. She only knew she was traveling before some sort of portal and then a blinding light.

It did sound like a cliche movie, but it was what happened.

"..Am I dead?" Now her vision was adjusting, it seemed whatever happened had messed up her senses a bit at least waking up.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-22, 8:09 pm

At the voice, Layla pushed herself to her feet, bringing a glass of water over to the woman, holding it out to her. "Here, have some water. I'd have to say you are probably not dead. I've never heard of any magic that can animate the dead after all..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-22, 11:07 pm

Samantha took the water slowly, it almost hurt to drink. She had heard that portals if unstable could turn your insides out so in hindsight she was lucky all she had was a weakened body and a sore throat instead of the much worse alternative.

"Thank you.." She managed to get out a bit weaker then she would have liked. "I'm Samantha Kronos, where am I?"

She decided it was smarter to not mention necromancy and the like magic since she had apparently never heard of them.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-22, 11:24 pm

Layla eased herself back into her chair, groaning a bit as she did. "You are about twenty miles north of the city of Acalypha. Since you came through a portal, I'll add in that you are in the country of Fiore, in case you are from a different kingdom. You are on the grounds of what me and my husband are hoping to turn into a flourishing business and home. My name is Layla Heartfilia... aha, and this is my daughter Lucy, though it will be awhile before she can greet you." Layla smiled brightly, resting a hand on her belly again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-23, 12:27 am

Acalypha? The name didn't sound remotely familiar and the country of Fiore didn't either. A sinking feeling in her stomach was felt at those words. Where ever she was, she was not only not at home anymore but there was a chance she may never be home again.

A new tightness in her throat came that had nothing to do with her portal travel but she forced it away for now. It wasn't the time and she needed to focus or she wouldn't be able to get anything done.

"You have a little one on the way.."
She said softly, almost as if something else came to mind. "Congruations Layla. But..I honestly haven't heard of any of those names so must be further away from home then I care for.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-23, 12:43 am

Layla blinked a bit. "Never heard of Fiore? That's strange... it's one of the main kingdoms of the Ishgar continent... are you perhaps from the western continent of Alakitasia then? That's a long way to travel, even via a portal..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-23, 3:34 pm

None of those names registered in the woman's mind, but she didn't expect them too after hearing about things just moments ago. She mulled over if she should tell the woman a bit more about her situation and if it would be wise. On one hand, she had no idea of much of anything or the politics of things here but on the other it was for that reason she needed friends here. Going alone in a world she knew nothing about was bound to end poorly.

Not to mention, from what she could sense Layla gave a good feeling. Granted sensing someone by their energy, or Ki in this case wasn't absolute but it along with experience and observation usualy yielded accurate results of the kind of person she may of been dealing with.

"Layla..I'm not from there. I'm not even sure I'm in the same world. I have never heard of any of those places and I traveled around the world regularly and you said its well known. Does the place called Japan, the United States or Tokyo ring any bells at all?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-23, 6:00 pm

Layla's brows rose, but surprisingly or not she did not seem to disbelieve Samantha's claim. "Not a single bell is ringing, no... so you believe you came from a completely different world than this one... well, it's not out of the question, with the kind of magic that exists in the world... after all, the Celestial Spirit World exists. Hm... very well. Samantha, this world is called Earth Land. A... bit of a silly name, if you ask me, but it is what it is."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-23, 8:52 pm

Samantha was surprised, but not as much with the other news. "I see. Realm traveling is common where I come from but I've never been off world. My home is named earth, but just that..earth. For now I suppose I'll have to figure things out as I go. Thank you for saving me."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-24, 9:48 am

Layla shook her head, smiling. "It was my husband that did that. I just saw you arrive through that portal and told him where to go." Layla seemed to be thinking a bit. "Hm... well, I don't know of any magic for travelling between worlds, other than the Celestial Spirit World, and nobody except Celestial Spirits can survive there... so how about this. You can stay with us for a few months, until you get your bearings. If you help us out a bit with the household chores and the like, I will teach you what I can about our world. A mage guild would probably be able to help you more on that, with all the different people there, but I'm not sure whether you have any abilities or not, and even then it's too dangerous to travel for you right now."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-28, 7:55 pm

It did sound reasonbale, and to be frank running around at the moment would be rather foolish. "I think that is fair, I really don't have many options right now. I promise I'll do what I can to pull my weight while I'm here. I do have powers, have you heard of something called Ki?"

She left out about her hertiage, she was toying with the idea of letting the idea to slip in passing they exist in her world to see how Layla would react before deciding either way.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-28, 8:08 pm

Layla shook her head. "If that's a type of magic, I've never heard of it, unfortunately. There are so many different types however, some unique to individuals, and some even referred to as 'Lost Magic' due to being ancient magics that nobody knows how to acquire anymore. I know a good bit, but I won't pretend I know all about the various magics of this world."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-28, 8:19 pm

Ki technically be considered a kind of Eastern magic, but that was a hotly debated subject back at home. She, personally, didn't see Ki and magic as the same but others didn't feel the same way but this way made things easier to explain. "Ki is an Eastern magic that is said to be in all living beings. You can use it to empower yourself physically and launch attacks and sense the energy of others. It's very powerful but its main weakness is lack of verstaility. There are less powerful but more flexible kinds of powers back home. I'm not sure how magic generally works here, if they all have a common ground before branch off or not.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-02-28, 8:36 pm

Layla seemed to be digesting that for a moment before answering. "Well, it sounds similar, really. Let me see if I can repeat the 'official' definition of magic... ah, yes. 'Magic is the physical embodiment of the spirit. When the physical spirit of an organism connects with the spiritual flow of nature, the spirit forms Magic as a product of the connection. Only ten percent of the world's population is able to use Magic, which is noted to keep a balance between ordinary people and those with Magic. It takes an enormous amount of concentration and mental ability to use Magic. To utilize Magic, a Mage must use the Magic Power in their body. Magic Power is the source of Power for all Mages, it is composed of Ethernano. Every Mage has a container inside their body that determines the limits of their Magic Power. In the case that it becomes empty, Ethernano comes from the atmosphere and enters the Mages' body and, after a while, their Magic Power is returned to normal.' Whew, that was a bit long winded, wasn't it?" Layla smiled apologetically.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 3:37 pm

"It's long winded, but it works." Samantha smiled a bit in return. "Still..there is so much I have to learn about this world. Though curious of something, does something called dragons exist in this world too?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 3:50 pm

Layla's eyes widened a bit. "Well that's a rather pointed question... the answer is yes and no. Dragon's exist, but they disappeared from the world about four hundred years ago. Aside from one..." She shifted a bit. "The story of the dragons is a large part of our history... I can tell you if you like, though it's not a short tale. The fact that you asked makes me think it to be an important subject to you however, so I'm fine with explaining."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 4:53 pm

"Yes please. I want to know all I can about the place I'll be staying." It was more important to her because of what she was, how much alike they were and how different. Of course, even back home there were many different races of dragon and cultures so even back there it wasn't completely uniform.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 5:39 pm

Layla nodded a bit, shifting a bit to make herself more comfortable. "As I said, dragon's have not existed in Earth Land for four hundred years, aside from one notable exception. Dragon's were always powerful and intelligent beings. Just as intelligent as humans, if not more so in cases. I am not sure if it was always the case, but the only recorded history of humanities interaction with the dragons made it clear that they ruled Earth Land, and humans were little more than a food source. This was not the case everywhere, but in most land's it was. The continent of Ishgar, where we are, was one of the places where humans and dragons mostly lived in peace. This was especially true in the kingdom of Dragnof."

She sighed softly. "However, this difference of opinion between the dragons eventually started to boil over into war. Those that wished to live in harmony with humans, and those who saw them as food or playthings. In those days, humanity had no defense against the dragons. Dragon's were immune to all forms of magic except their own, and humanity has no non-magical weapons capable of it either. As such, this war was between the dragons only, with humanity caught in the middle. Those humans that lived in peace with the dragons wished to help, however. This led to the birth of a new form a magic. The only magic capable of harming, and even killing, a dragon. This magic was bestowed on chosen members of humanity by the dragons themselves, so that they could help fight in the war, which came to be known as the Dragon King Festival. And over time, the tide turned, and the pro-coexistence faction began to overpower their more violent opposition."

Here, Layla's expression dropped a bit, as the next bit was not pleasant. "However... there was an unexpected downside to these events. Those chosen humans, as they continued using this magic, started to lose themselves and even turn into dragons. They started killing friend and foe alike, and this is how the magic came to get it's name. Dragon Slayer Magic. I suspect they were known as 'Dragon Knights' before then, but I have no confirmation on that. I believe some turned into dragons without losing their minds, though that seemed to be rare... but none of this compared to what occurred with one in particular." Layla took a deep breath. This aspect bothered her, and for reasons she could not divulge to anyone.

"Acnologia. Known by many monikers. 'The Black Dragon' and even 'The Black Dragon of the Book of Apocalypse.' Supposedly, he calls himself the 'Dragon King'. He was one of the first Dragon Slayer's, and the first to indiscriminately kill dragons on both sides, eagerly bathing in their blood. Acnologia eventually transformed into a dragon of... cataclysmic power. He is considered the sole victor of the Dragon King Festival, as he made it his mission to kill each and every one of them. He is even said to have decimated an entire country. Acnologia is the only dragon known to have survived past the Dragon King Festival. No others have been seen since. Acnologia still roams Earth Land. There have been reports of occasional sightings, but nobody has ever actually survived an encounter with him."

Layla sighed again, finally nearing the end of the explanation. "As for Dragon Slayer Magic... it still exists, though not in the same form. Lacrima, magical crystals that can be infused with magic. There exists what is known as 'Dragon Lacrima', apparently created back when dragon's still roamed the world. If implanted into a mages body, they gain the ability to use Dragon Slayer magic. These are known as 'Second Generation', with 'First Generation' being those who got their magic directly from a dragon. First Generation Dragon Slayers, for obvious reasons, don't exist in the world any longer, and Second Generation are incredibly rare. That... is about everything, I think."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 6:54 pm

It was a lot of information to take in, but Samatha now at least had a better understanding of some things compared to before which was about nothing. "Where I come from, dragon is just a racial catergory. There are many, many, different kinds. Though I admit on earth, my home, dragons did at one point over the other races. They had a great expanding empire that eventually collapsed under its own weight. Thet're still around, but not as numerous as they once were."

"I don't know if there are any races besides Humans and Dragons in this world however.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 7:04 pm

Layla nodded to that. "There are indeed other races. Most are more akin to monsters than anything, but some are more intelligent races like humans and dragons. There are the Giants, though they are rare and keep to their villages. The Celestial Spirits, who reside in the Celestial Spirit World but form contracts to be summoned by Celestial Spirit Mages, like myself. Demons, who are also rare. There are those that are good, but the most well known ones are... well, most certainly not. There are also Gods, but the likelihood of ever meeting one is low."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 7:18 pm

The last part interested Sammy the most. "Hm..back at home 'Demon' is just a racial category with many races under it. Most of them come from a world close to Earth called Halzara. Most are like anyone else, some are good, others bad and many in between. I never met a deity though and probably wouldn't know if even if I did."

"Halzara is ruled by the Demon King, its said to be the primodial power source and energy of all other native demons. The power is vast and infinite, but the host of course can only draw out so much power at once. I don't know the entire details but it goes to the next host when the current one dies, apparently the current one is so strong they can destroy a planet."
That probably sounded absolutely insane for a world that didn't have anything like that.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 7:28 pm

Layla was certainly surprised, but as she'd said, not much surprised her when it came to powers people might have. "Well, that's certainly powerful.... there's been rumor of a type of Demon known as an 'Etherious', but not much is known about them. So, what else would you like to know, or would you prefer to rest right now?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 7:34 pm

"I think I'll just rest, I have a lot to think about and feeling a bit tired from my trip. Thank you again for taking me in." Samantha thought it best to relax and take it easy before regaining her bearings when she woke back up.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 7:42 pm

Layla nodded, and carefully got to her feet. "Alright, rest well Samantha. Tomorrow after breakfast I can start teaching you about the magic of this world."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   

Back to top Go down

Where Fairies Tread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next