The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Where Fairies Tread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 7:57 pm

Once the other woman left, Samantha sighed before she settled back down to close her eyes in attempt to get some sleep. Hopefully by the time she got back up she would be feeling better then she was now, she really didn't know the damage that portal had done to her body. If they had healers which she didn't see why, maybe they would be able to pick something up.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-01, 8:18 pm

Time passed rather uneventfully. Jude's work continued, and he was polite with Samantha, if not friendly. He certainly appreciated her help though, to be sure. Layla definitely enjoyed having another woman around to talk to, and to help her when her pregnancy really was getting to her. She also found she enjoyed teaching someone about magic and the world.

After a month, Layla was relaxing in her lawnchair again, and watching Samantha train. She found this 'Ki' she used to be fascinating, though she also found she didn't know much about her new friend. She'd been told plenty about her world, but Samantha hadn't told her much about herself. That was alright though; she'd let Samantha tell her whatever she wanted to tell her, whenever she was ready to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-03, 2:30 am

Samantha was simply practicing a kata and letting her mind forget some of her other troubles. She wasn't yet ready to accept she may never get home after finding no luck what so ever of how to get back. If only she had some sort of teleportation or portal then she would be able to find a way back home.

Nothing worth doing came easy, so if one avenue failed she'd simply have to do another.

She did feel that her friend deserved to know something after helping her and such without asking that much in return. It was really nice to have a friend around, Samantha oddly didn't have too many actual friends despite her personality.

"Layla, I have something I want to tell you but I want it to be kept between us for now."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-03, 2:32 am

Layla sat up a little straighter, nodding. "Of course, Samantha. Your secrets are safe with me, of that I can promise."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-07, 1:15 pm

Samantha wasn't sure where to even start, but she supposed just going from the hip. "I told you a lot about my world, but not as much about myself. I wanted to get to know you and see what kind of person you were before saying anything else. I'm not human Layla. In my world I'm what's known as a Gold Dragon, which is part of a sub race of dragons which colors determine their element and other traits. I don't expect you to take me at my word, I can show you somewhere but obviously not..here."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-07, 6:48 pm

Layla's reaction made it clear enough that she had trouble believing it, but she didn't seem bothered in any way. "I admit... it's hard to believe such a thing. Near impossible, really. Except I also don't believe you would lie, or that you are crazy. So I choose to believe you. Though, I would like to see sometime if possible, yes..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-08, 1:42 pm

"Do you know any place private we could go to where I wouldn't have to worry about other people?"
While she did want to show her new friend proof, part of her felt..restless of being unable to ever take her dragon form in these lands.

Maybe never again, at least in public and that made her sad.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-08, 2:43 pm

Layla nodded, and pushed herself to her feet. "There is a lake out in the forest over there. My husband is busy and nobody else is around, so we should be fine. Though... may I ask why you seem somewhat... sad?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-08, 2:59 pm

Samantha followed after the other woman, only pausing briefly at the question. "It's because here, I have to hide what I am for my own safety which is something I didn't have to back at home. That..and besides if I'm lucky of finding hidden places have to remain in my human form. I don't dislike it, of course its apart of me but so is my dragon form. Its like not being able to use a part of myself."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-08, 3:18 pm

Layla paused at that, while still walking. "Not necessarily... for one, I don't think people would hate you for being a dragon, though you would draw undue attention. So keeping it a secret except to those you trust is a smart move. However, there is a way you can possibly still make use of your dragon features without revealing what you are."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-08, 3:20 pm

Samantha wasn't sure about that but she was curious. "Such as..?" Maybe a type of magic that could be written off as something else.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-08, 3:29 pm

"Take Over Magic. It's an advanced Caster-Type Transformation magic. Take Over allows the user to, essentially, 'take over' the power of an entity and use it to fight. It can increase the power, strength, and speed of the Caster, sometimes adding a new skill, such as flying or breathing underwater. There are currently a few known types. Animal Soul, Beast Soul, Demon Soul, and Machina Soul. There are rumors of a 'God Soul' but it's unconfirmed. The point is, you could claim to have 'Dragon Soul'. Nobody could actually dispute this, as there is no way to prove whether such a thing is possible or not. If that is too 'on-the-nose', you could say it's Wyvern Soul. Wyverns are known to exist, and are basically lesser Dragons. That one would cause less fuss, I think... since to Take Over something, you have to truly 'know' that entity. It's more believable that you could accomplish that with a Wyvern than a Dragon." Layla paused in her walking to lean against a tree, trying to catch her breath.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-08, 3:37 pm

Samantha rather liked that idea, she'd still have to be careful about her secrets but at least with that she could use her other form and stretch her muscles so to speak. Before she could comment, she noticed her friend out of breath already. "..Are you all right Layla?" Maybe the pregnancy was draining her more then she thought, or it was her condition.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-08, 3:41 pm

Layla smiled a bit weakly, nodded. "Mm. Sorry, just tired. As I mentioned, I've always been a bit... frail, so the pregnancy is taking a lot out of me... but it'll be over soon. Another two months and my dear Lucy will be born..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-09, 11:16 pm

Samantha gave a slow smile. "I'm looking forward to it too, Layla. I can't have children of my own due to a curse that was placed on me a while ago. I always wanted to have children myself but..it was just never in the cards for me. Maybe one day I can adopt if chance arrives."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-09, 11:33 pm

Layla shook her head a bit. "I'm sorry that happened to you.. but yes, adopting is always a fantastic option. And... well, we can talk about that later." Layla moved off from the tree, continuing to walk. "We're almost there."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-09, 11:43 pm

When Samantha deemed they had enough space after they reached their destination, she decided it was enough stalling as she closed her eyes. The familiar power began to flow through her as her form began to glow in a bright gold light and began to expand in size, forming a dragon silhouette just beneath the burning lights.

The light died down, showing a large golden dragon with brilliant scales, a long neck and wings folded against her back. She was quite big, though not as big as some other dragons back at her home. Samantha seemed to stretch a bit, before looking back to her friend. "Ah.much better." Her voice was mostly the same, but had a much deeper quality to it.

Samantha was fine for now, but she'd very soon feel the consequences of transforming.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-09, 11:55 pm

Layla was looking up at Samantha with clear wonder, shifting toward her a bit. "Ah... this may sound strange but... may I touch you? You're... absolutely beautiful, I've never seen anything like it..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-11, 11:38 am

"It's usually children who say that, but for you I'll make an exception." She teased her friend good naturedly as she lowered her head down to the ground. "Go ahead."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-11, 11:46 am

Layla chuckled a bit at Samantha's teasing, while placing her hand gently on her scaled snout. "Well, I live in a world of magic and wonder. I'm technically an overgrown child, am I not?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-14, 1:36 pm

Samantha had to agree this world was in some ways very different from her own. It was peaceful, esepically compared to how it had been before but nothing like Earthland. It wasn't to say Earthland didn't have its share of conflicts but it was like comparing a happy Disney movie to some more cynical late night movie.

"I think there's nothing wrong with that in moderation.."

The older woman was going to say something else when she felt something off. It didn't fully register at first before a blinding pain hit her and she had to keep herself from roaring from the sudden pain. She stumbled back briefly, turning back into her human form as she fell into blissful unconsciousness.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-14, 2:05 pm

When Samantha finally woke, she'd find they hadn't left the lake. In fact, she'd find that they were right beside it, and she was laying with her head in Layla's lap. A snug fit due to her pregnant belly, but comfortable nonetheless.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-23, 1:06 am

Samantha woke up with a harsh headache, not the worse she had but it was enough to make her a bit out of things. "..What happened?" She was trying to recall what had happened as she was slowly coming too, all she remembered was being fine then suddenly a seering pain and then this.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-23, 1:42 am

Layla seemed to be thinking on that before she answered. "You suddenly seemed to be in pain, then returned to your human form and fell unconscious. I can sense your energy a bit if I focus... it's not like magic as I know it, but there is some similarities in places. You feel... unstable. I'm not sure what's wrong, but I would guess that transforming fully is something your body can't maintain at the moment, likely due to passing through that portal, or even the different nature of the energy of this world."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-23, 10:09 pm

"I don't know what it is, but that means transforming into my dragon form is out for a bit.."
She was a bit saddened by it, maybe more then they should be but she pushed it aside. "Sometimes portals if unstable can mess up some things I've heard, so maybe its that."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   

Back to top Go down

Where Fairies Tread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next