The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Where Fairies Tread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-28, 12:41 pm

For some reason, the young girl reminded him of his little sister but he wasn't entirely sure why. He pushed it away as soon as it came, she wasn't 'real' and neither were his mother and many of the people he knew in his life. It was just false memories planted in his head.

He just wondered when repeating that would make that part real.

"I'm Cadmus. I was told by one of the villagers you could point in the direction of where I could rest up at? I've been traveling a bit so I'm slightly tired."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-28, 12:54 pm

The man raised a brow, while the young girl look up with curiousity. "Hmm... a place to rest? Nabura... I believe there is a newly built building, Nabura." He pulled out a bottle and glass, pouring some of whatever liquid was in it, into the glass. "May I ask Nabura why you are travelling? Seems you have been on the road awhile, Nabura." He proceeded to drink straight from the bottle, ignoring the glass he'd just poured. The young girl simple giggled as she watched this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-28, 1:27 pm

He didn't really have anything to hide so he answered the old man honestly. "I just don't have anywhere to go. I don't have any real home or steady income so I just travel and see where I go." The speech tick was something he noticed too, but said nothing on it.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-28, 1:32 pm

Roubaul seemed to think on that for a moment. "What about joining our guild then?" Of course, his mouth was still full, so all of the drink simply spilled out.

"M-Master Roubaul, please don't talk with your mouth full..." Wendy seemed rather embarrassed he was doing this, and the man wiped his mouth before continuing.

"You could make a living that way, Nabura, and would have a place to stay. Wendy here is Nabura new to our guild as well, though too young yet to really do any jobs."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-28, 2:06 pm

If Cadmus was bothered by the water thing at all, he didn't say anything about it. He really didn't have too many options and if they were offering, why not take it? He had nothing to really lose from it. "If you're sure, then I'll join the guild. Just wondering though, what is Nabura?" He had been saying it a lot so it had to mean something even if he didn't know what it was.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-28, 2:12 pm

Roubaul smiled. "Nabura is Nabura, Nabura." He turned to Wendy. "Wendy, will you show him to the new building, Nabura?"

The girl got to her feet, nodding happily. "Yes, Master!" She smiled a bit shyly at Cadmus as she came over. "Um, follow me please."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-28, 3:10 pm

Cadmus followed after the young girl. "Nice to meet you, not sure if I caught your name but just missed it." He might have, he couldn't pretend he caught absolutely everything.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-28, 3:14 pm

The girl smiled softly. "Um, I'm Wendy. Wendy Marvell. And you're Cadmus, right? ...I think you'll love it here! Cait Shelter is a wonderful guild, everyone is really nice!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-28, 3:26 pm

Cadmus couldn't help but smile a bit himself. "Yeah its Cadmus. I don't really know anyone here just yet but the person who introduced me here seemed nice. Manga I think her name was is the one who introduced me to your Guild Master."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-28, 3:56 pm

"Oh, you mean Magna. Yeah, she's really nice. The tribe here, their specialty trade is working with fabric, and Magna is one of the best at making clothing!" Wendy led Cadmus to a smaller building in the village; it was essentially a small apartment, but it would do. "I actually live right next door! So if you need anything, I can help!" She paused for a second, blushing. "Or... maybe... I'm pretty new as well, and I sometimes get lost..." She shook her head a bit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-29, 9:11 pm

Cadmus was a bit amused by her high energy, he'd probably find it more endearing as time went on if this was normal for them. "Hey, its fine. I get lost all the time, I just happen to be very good at finding out where I am. How long have you been around here?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-06-29, 9:19 pm

Wendy smiled softly. "Um, a few weeks... before that I was travelling with a friend for a month... he found me... I woke up somewhere, and couldn't remember how I got there... he found me, and looked out for me. He brought me here, since he said he'd bring me to a mage guild... though I wish I knew why he left without saying goodbye..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-01, 6:38 pm

Cadmus really didn't know the details to really judge but it really didn't sound good. "I wasn't there so I can't really say too much, but if they went to look after you and went as far as brought you here means they obviously care. I'm sure they had their reasons for what they did, and when you two finally meet again I'm sure it'll be cleared up."

He wasn't that optimstic, personally, but the kid needed some sort of encouragement.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-01, 6:58 pm

Wendy nodded a bit. "I really hope I get to see him again, but I'm happy here. Everyone is really nice, and Master Roubaul is really funny, even if he's a little weird sometimes. You'll really like it here, I'm sure of it!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-02, 12:25 am

It was hard to be a downer with Wendy around, she was pretty much full of positive energy as was to be expected of someone her age. He had seen the opposite of very young people and it wasn't something he wanted to see again.

"I'm sure I will. Tell you what, once I get rested up why not shoe me around the village and meet some of your other friends?" He did find it odd the old man had trusted him enough to do this, but maybe he sensed something in him from the start.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-02, 12:30 am

Wendy simply smiled. "Oh, okay! I'll let you be for now then, since I need to go back and continue training with my magic. I'll see you later!" She happily waved as she ran off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-05, 6:19 pm

Cadmus watched her leave before heading to his room, he was both tired mentally and physically at this point and needed some much needed down time. He could worry about the other things later, but for now he was just going to let himself sleep.
________

It was early in the morning before Cadmus woke up again, feeling better and more well rested then he had been before when he arrived. He was cautiously optimistic about how things would turn out during his stay here. He wasn't sure if Wendy was up and about but he was going to see. If she wasn't, then he would just go about his day and see the Guild Master.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-05, 6:47 pm

Wendy was indeed awake; more than that, she was excited, as she was running around carrying an egg that was as big as she was. She spotted Cadmus, running over while others watched with curiousity. "Cadmus! Look what I found in the forest!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-05, 6:57 pm

Cadmus was more then a bit confused by the egg size, he had no idea what creature on this planet could have an egg of that size. He knew of some animals that may fit as far as places he had been but here he was at a loss.

"Easy kiddo."
He chuckled at her enthusiasm. "You found it outside by itself? It's usually not a good idea to take eggs from their nest Wendy, the mother could be looking for them after all.. Was there any other animals nearby?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-05, 7:03 pm

Wendy shook her head. "There was nothing... and nothing lives nearby that could have laid an egg of this size, from what the Master said. I... I think it might be a dragon egg!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-05, 10:28 pm

Dragon huh?

Cadmus crossed his arms, thinking. "You might be right. I heard no one had seen dragons in forever so you never really know. Did the old man mention anything big that might lay eggs like that?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-05, 10:33 pm

Wendy shook her head. "The only thing he knows of is Wyverns, and they don't live anywhere near here." She paused a bit. "I keep hearing that though... that dragons died out hundreds of years ago... but they can't have! I don't know where Grandeeney went, but I know she's not dead..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-10, 8:29 pm

Cadmus wasn't sure how to respond at first, he technically had lost loved ones even if they weren't physically 'real' in the normal sense. He guessed it called upon the age old philshoical question of what exactly was considered real or not. "You never know. A lot of times people just assume something is gone because they can't see it, but its not always the case. It would really be something if it turned out to be an actual dragon. But this Graneeney..are they a friend of yours?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-10, 8:41 pm

Wendy nodded a bit. "She's my foster mother... Grandeeney, the Sky Dragon. She taught me my Dragon Slayer magic, and she raised me... and then one day she disappeared..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-12, 9:24 pm

"I believe you." Cadmus said without hesitation. "I'm sure you'll be able to find her eventually, I'll even be able to help you. I'll let you in on a little secret; I'm from far away. Further then probably most around here, I think. If you want, I can show you some pictures."

He didn't want the kid to get depressed so distractions, plus would let her know she wasn't alone with a claim that was out there.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   

Back to top Go down

Where Fairies Tread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next