The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Where Fairies Tread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-12, 9:35 pm

Wendy blinked in surprise, then nodded. "So your from across the ocean?" She seemed really curious, but also quite pleased that Cadmus immediately believed her. Then again, nobody she'd met had said she was wrong, just that dragons didn't exist anymore... not that that made her feel better.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-12, 11:42 pm

Cadmus shook his head as he gathered a few of his pictures to show the young girl. "Not really, farther then that. I come from, I guess the easiest place to say is another realm. You know, how like the Celestial Spirits come from another place except that's not where I'm from. There are a lot of other worlds out there. Anyway, here."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-12, 11:48 pm

Wendy looked at the pictures with wide eyes. "Oh wow... those places are so pretty..." She looked them over for a minute, before turning to Cadmus. "If that's where you came from, why did you come here? And how? Did someone summon you, like a Celestial Spirit?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-13, 12:01 am

He put the pictures away, shaking his head. "I left because I don't really have a home. I mean to say, it physically is there but its not my home because the people I care about aren't around anymore. Home is where the heart is cliche as it is and it hasn't been home for a while. I didn't get summoned, I have a power to use portals to travel."

Not seeing the harm in it, espeically in a land where magic was common place he held a hand out forming a small portal. He of course made sure it didn't really go anywhere, it was just a demonstration after all. "See? Its my main use of travel long distances but there are limitations and drawbacks to it."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-13, 12:06 am

Wendy's eyes widened a bit again. "Wow... what kind of drawbacks? I don't really know a lot about magic other than my own..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-13, 12:14 am

"For one, I have to know where I'm going for it to properly work. I can only use it once a day and it drains on my energy; the more people I take the more it drains on me physically. I Think I might be able to tweak it to be better but its something I haven't worked on as of late. You said your magic is Sky Dragon or something right? What can that do?"
Cadmus noticed a slight commotion outside but it didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary so ignored it.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-13, 12:19 am

Wendy nodded, smiling. "It's called Sky Dragonslayer Magic. I use the magic in the air around me. I can use it to attack, or to make someone stronger, or even heal them! I'm not very good yet, I still need practice, but Grandeeney taught me everything I needed to know!" She paused a bit. "Apparently healing magic is a 'lost' magic, so Master says I'll be really important one day, but I don't really think so."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-13, 12:33 am

This surprised Cadmus a bit. "Really? Healing is considered lost magic? So does that mean there's only a few healers around?" He would of thought healing magic would be common here.

Emanulle was a bit tired as he trudged into the village along with Kagura, doing his best not to let it show too much. For years he had been watching over and protecting Kagura, moving to place to place so they could make do with what they had. It had made him have to grow up more quickly then he already had in his former position back at home.

He thankfully hadn't lost his kind nature, but it had if anything kept him grounded. In part at least he suspsected, taking care of another living being and interacting with them kept things into perspective.

"We'll check out if they have a inn in the village, if not then there should be something we could eat on our way."
Emanulle didn't see anything strange or out of place about the village so he was more at ease but still slightly cautious.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-13, 12:41 am

Wendy nodded a bit. "I'm not sure why, but apparently healing magic is something that just isn't around any more. Most healing is done with herbal medicines and things like that."

~~~~~

Kagura nodded a bit, sticking close to Emanulle. Her shy nature had not left her; it had simply been joined by a more stoic persona. The loss of her village was hard, but not knowing where her brother was made it far worse, along with other things. Still, she was grateful to have Emanulle around. "That makes sense... I just wish we could find a place we could actually call home. Without any money though, we don't have a lot of options..."

A while back, they had encountered a mage guild that was willing to take Kagura in... but only her, as it was a women only guild. She'd turned them down the instant she knew that she'd be abandoning Emanulle in the process.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-15, 12:48 am

"I see. I'll take your word for it since I don't know all that much about this world. They are some similarities to places I've been, but in others its different. What about elemental magic? Do you know if that's common?" It would be something for him to keep note of to explain away some of his own powers if need be,

At this point, Emanulle was simply looking for something, anything to get a bit more money in their pocket for food. After a bit more thought, he approached one of the vilagers by what he assumed was an Inn from the looks of it. "Excuse me. Me and my friend were wondering if there was anything going on that anyone needed help with where we could earn a bit of money." There was jobs, scattered true but you had to hustle and know where to look. It didn't help both of them were on the younger side.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-15, 12:56 am

"Elemental magic? There are lots of elemental magics, from what I was taught. Fire, ice, water, wind, earth, lightning, stuff like that... why do you ask?" Wendy seemed rather curious. "There are really all kinds of magic... I bet Master could tell you about even more."

~~~~~

The man blinked, surprised. "Well... this entire village is a mage guild, actually. So I suppose if you are looking for work, there is no place better. If you're a mage, anyway. Though we also work with fabric to make clothing, so that's also an option if you're not interested in joining a guild..." They paused for a moment, looking Emanulle and Kagura over. "You two look a little worse for wear... and a bit young to be travelling out in these parts by yourselves..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-18, 4:43 pm

"I'm more just curious, that I guess that's what my powers could be considered a bit. It's dark elemental magic, if that's even an thing." Cadmus was thinking a bit.

Emanulle wasn't going to spill he and Kagura's life story, but he could give them an abridged version of why they were traveling. "Our home was attacked and we're the only survivors. We've been traveling on our own since then for a few years now. We haven't found a guild just yet..so there's no harm in us seeing the Guild Master."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-18, 5:06 pm

Wendy seemed to think about that. "I... think I remember something about Light and Shadow magic, so that makes sense..."

~~~~~

The man seemed surprised, then nodded. "...Of course. I'll take you to him then." They motioned for Emanulle and Kagura to follow, and started toward the center of the village.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-18, 5:57 pm

Silently, Emanulle followed after them but decided to introduce himself. "I'm Emanulle by the way. May I ask for your name?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-18, 6:10 pm

The man smiled back at them. "I'm Usk, nice to meet you." He led them in to see Roubaul, who was sitting in his chair as always.

"Hm? More visitors? This is rare..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-18, 6:43 pm

He wasn't exactly what Emanulle had pictured, but he wasn't sure what exactly. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Emanulle and this is Kagura, I assume you're the Guild Master? We were thinking of possibly joining."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-18, 6:55 pm

The man nodded. "I am Master Roubaul, Nabura. So, you wish to join Cait Shelter? Nabura, this is strange... we have been isolated for years, Nabura, but now four people in a short time have arrived to join us, Nabura..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-20, 11:54 pm

Emanulle assumed the man repeat of the word 'Nabura' was some verbal tic and left it alone. "I'm not sure if your guild requires any test before joining but me and Kagura are willing to hear you out." He turned to Kagura. "Don't be afraid to ask questions Kagura if you have any. I'm right here."

She had come some ways but she was still shy around others and more comfortable around him, something he was trying to gentle coax her out of.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-21, 12:08 am

Roubaul smiled, shaking his head. "There is no test. If you wish to join, Nabura, then we will let you. Hm... Nabura, this works out. It's not required to go on missions in teams, but it usually happens, Nabura... there are two others that have joined Cait Shelter recently, Nabura, would you like to meet them?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-21, 12:16 am

The young Arkon couldn't deny he was a bit curious about the other recent members. "Yes please, I would like to meet them." He wondered if they were both much older then himself and Kagura. While he was surprised they didn't need a test of any kind, he wasn't going to complain about it since he and Kagura had been looking for a guild.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-07-21, 12:17 am

Roubaul hopped down from his chair, showing that he wasn't much taller than Kagura, who eyed him oddly. "Follow me then, Nabura!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   Yesterday at 11:49 pm

While the verbal tic was still strange to the young man, he didn't question it anymore and went with the flow of things. He was a lot shorter then what Emanulle had expected; then again his mind had thought of someone much younger as the Guild Master of this particular guild.

He saw two people, one was a young girl and the other far as Emanulle could tell, was a young man in his twenties, late teens at the youngest. The older one seemed to notice the shift earlier and turned to the three approaching. "Roubaul? Are these guest?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   Today at 12:03 am

Immediately, Wendy nudged Cadmus gently as she said quietly, "Master! Call him Master, or Master Roubaul. It's polite!" Roubaul himself seemed amused.

"Hmm, indeed, Nabura. These two were traveling, like you, Nabura. They were interested in joining, and I thought you four should meet."

"..." Kagura seemed slightly intimidated for a moment, before walking over to Wendy, holding out her hand hesitantly. "K-Kagura Mikazuchi..."

"..." Wendy seemed a bit intimidated at first as well, before smiling shyly and taking Kagura's hand. "Wendy Marvell... it's nice to meet you..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   

Back to top Go down

Where Fairies Tread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17