The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Where Fairies Tread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-24, 9:06 am

Layla frowned a bit. "Well... hopefully it doesn't last too long. I'm sure Lucy would love to fly around on a pet dragon." She was joking of course, and the teasing smile on her face made that clear. "So, how are you feeling now, Samantha?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-25, 8:26 pm

"I guess it would be fitting for a little girl to have a dragon as a friend." Samantha said easily, not taking offense to what she said and going with it. "Physically? At the moment I'm fine; surprisingly. From what I heard of what unstable portals can do I got off very easily in that sense."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-25, 8:35 pm

"Well that's good I suppose." Layla sighed softly. "Well, we should probably head back if you can walk. We've been out here for a good while, Jude is probably freaking out or something..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-29, 12:44 am

Samantha moved to her side, so she could support the young woman. "No kidding. I don't know how long we have been out but we should head back as soon as we can."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-29, 1:32 am

Layla nodded, smiling just a bit as they walked. "You know... I'm happy to help you find a way home, but I admit it's nice to have a female friend to talk to. It's mostly just Jude and business contacts, really, aside from my 'apprentices', but I rarely see them, honestly. They have their own lives to live, and I likely won't see them until Lucy is old enough to inherit my Celestial Keys that I left with them. So.... yes, it's nice to have a friend."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-31, 2:07 pm

"I don't think I ever heard much of your apprentices, to be honest." Samantha said after some thought. "Maybe you could talk about some of them?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-31, 6:04 pm

Layla smiled slightly. "They are Celestial Mages like myself. After my health started deteriorating, I retired as a Celestial Mage, and entrusted them with the three Zodiac keys. Aquarius to Grammi, Cancer to Spetto, and Capricorn to Zoldeo. Grammi and Zoldeo are travelling the world, while Spetto is actually a maid who I intend to hire once we have a stable home and business. Grammi is very kind and loving, I'm sure you'd like her. Zoldeo... he's a strange one, but he's a good man."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-31, 6:58 pm

Samantha was listening quitely to this. "I see. Do you know how many Celesital Spirits there are or there no known number?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-31, 7:04 pm

Layla smiled. "There are countless numbers of them, but there are only thirteen of the Zodiac spirits. Why do you ask?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-31, 11:00 pm

"Just curious and trying to find out more about your world. I've always been interested in these sorts of things." Samantha explained. "Though if there's only thirteen Zodiac Spirits, that means there can technically only be a few Celestial Mages at one given time, correct?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-31, 11:09 pm

"No, you misunderstand." She smiled slightly. "Celestial Mages can summon all sorts of Celestial Spirits. It's just that the Zodiac spirits are the most powerful of them, aside from the Celestial Spirit King, but he can't be summoned under any normal circumstances. Or at all, so far as I know."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-03-31, 11:42 pm

That made sense, she didn't have much to add onto that. "I don't know much about them, but in my world being a Summoner is a thing. It's a bit of a dying art though, only a few people do it and even those that do have different disciplines so their summons tend to be different things."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-01, 12:03 am

Layla nodded a bit, a bit intrigued, but that was a question for another time.

~~~~~

Another few weeks passed, and things were rather peaceful. However, Layla's assurances that it could be dangerous out on the road became rather evident one morning, when Samantha would be woken from her sleep by the door to the guest room she was sleeping in being thrown open. Jude was standing there, breathing heavily and clutching a piece of paper to his chest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-01, 12:24 am

Samantha wasn't even groggy; training made her alert as soon the door was thrown open but relaxed a bit on seeing it was Jude and not some unknown enemy. Only slight because something had to be wrong for something like this to happen. "Jude? What's wrong?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-01, 12:51 am

Jude had yet to really warm to Samantha. He really seemed to only tolerate her being around, but he was polite. He knew, however, that she and Layla had become close, and also that Samantha was supposedly strong. He said nothing, simply handing Samantha the paper.

A ransom note. "They... they are demanding thirty million Jewel for her return... I... I don't have that kind of money yet, the business hasn't... I don't know who these... I've never heard of this 'Shadow Hydra' guild... I don't know what to do... but Layla said you're strong, that you can fight... can... can you bring her back?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-01, 2:13 am

Samantha frowned as she absorbed the information before putting it away. "I'll get to them and bring her back. I'm a warrior from where I come from, its time I put that to use here." She was determined to help her friend of course..but if they threatened her friend surely they would have them to weapon point. If that was the case, it didn't matter how strong she was.

Maybe she could contact this Fairy Tail? It was a long shot, but she wasn't sure if that would work and if she even would have that time.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-01, 2:29 am

Jude nodded weakly. "It says to bring the money to their base outside town, and they'll be watching me to make sure I don't contact the Magic Council or other guilds..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-01, 12:20 pm

Samantha mentally cursed, she should of known something like that would be in effect. Money was out of the question, getting outside help was out of the question so she was going have to go there herself and see if she could figure something out. Dealing with unknown enemies was always dangerous but made worse was the fact all they had to do was threaten Layla to make her back down.

But what choice did she have?

The young woman glanced at the note and address again before making up her mind. "I'll go there myself."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-01, 5:13 pm

Jude nodded a bit. "I know I haven't been the most hospitable with you, just... just please, bring my family back..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-04, 12:25 am

Samantha had nothing to say, she knew what she had to do. She looked at the directions once again before she headed out. She had a long trip but if she followed directions and made less breaks she could get there in a reasonbale time.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-04, 12:57 am

It was a rather ramshackle building in the middle of the woods outside of the town, built alongside the wall of a cliff. The 'guild' itself was rather small, only about a dozen mages of relatively mediocre skill and power, though their 'Guild Master' was apparently fairly strong. They were currently celebrating having kidnapped Layla will minimal trouble, while the woman in question was bound and gagged on a chair.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-11, 9:39 pm

Samantha wasn't entirely sure how to proceed, whatever she did she had to ensure that Layla and her unborn child weren't harmed. In every scenario she could think of, she couldn't think of a way to get this done but if she could mess with their morale and divide them it would make things that much easier.

If they were just a medicorce level and not true professionals, then their nerves and such could be messed with. While she couldn't transform fully, she could sound like her dragon form in her human form. It wouldn't quite be the same but it should be enough hopefully.

She got further into the woods where she was still concealed before letting loose some sounds that had no business what so ever coming out of a human-looking woman's mouth. It was deep and rumbling and sounded much larger then it was. Wyrven's existed but it sounded nothing like anything Earthland was used to.

First step in place, now the next.. She made sure she kept hidden, her element of surprise was her biggest strength at the moment.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-11, 10:13 pm

The sound definitely had the desired effect of setting the mages on edge. They were not expecting some enormous monster nearby. And of course, the 'Guild Master' sent three of his men to check out what it was. "Do NOT engage it. Scout out whatever it is, keep hidden, and report back." The three nodded, and did as told. Two of them used magic to muffle their footsteps, while the third used some sort of camouflaging magic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-18, 1:33 am

Samantha wasn't one to wait idle, espeically in a situation where every second was critical so she went with the next phase of her plan and quickly left her area to silently go to other side of the camp before the others could even begin to get there. She let out similar sounds, but in a different pitch followed by another; this way it would sound like the camp was being surrounded by large creatures and currently circling them.

If it worked, it would hopefully give her the lee way she needed to grab her friend. Samantha couldn't think of a scenario of fighting and keeping Layla safe at the same time, so if she could help it she'd grab them and run. She was still going to take care of those who harmed her friend but as is she couldn't risk it.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-18, 2:43 pm

As the roaring continued and the idea of being surrounded sank in, the leader cursed under his breath. "Set up a perimeter, I'll watch the girl. Nothing gets in here, do you understand?" The others nervously complied, while the man walked over to Layla patting her on the head. "Don't worry, I won't let anything eat you. Can't get paid if you're dead." Layla just gave him an irritable look, causing him to laugh. "You seem pretty calm for the situation." Of course, he didn't know that Layla had heard Samantha roar before; she knew exactly what was happening.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   

Back to top Go down

Where Fairies Tread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next