The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Where Fairies Tread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-23, 5:18 pm

She really wished she knew some teleportation techniques right about now.

It seemed to have done what she intended to do, now for the final part of her plan. Her enhanced hearing did pick on the last bit. So they definitely needed her alive, which was good as it gave her a bit more leeway. Of course she knew that before due being kidnapped but having it repeated didn't hurt things in its current state.

Samantha held up a hand, forming a ball of Ki, allowing it to get bigger before launching it skyward over the camp. It then imploded, but instead of exploding with kinetic force it released a bright golden light that would temporary blind or knock the group off balance.

She wasted no more time, she moved at an incredible speed from her spot smashing into one of the guards and into a tree. Not finished and not wanting the element of surprise to go away she quickly made a straight bee-line towards Layla. She'd pick her up by the chair and book it if need be but she needed to get them out of here so she could focus.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-23, 5:44 pm

Just before Samantha could reach Layla, a glowing purple chain seemed to erupt from the ground, surrounding Layla and positioning it's 'head' in front of Samantha, moving somewhat like a snake. "So, seems Heartfilia did have another mage in his pocket. Thought this woman was the only mage he knew. That said... I hope you don't think I'll just let you take our meal ticket." The leader was standing there, his eyes closed and several purple chains extending from his back.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-25, 6:09 pm

It was probably for the best he thought he was some type of magic user, the ingorance of Ki she could use. On the other hand, she had no idea what her opponent was capable of either but she was trying to get an general 'feel' of how strong he was by her Ki sense. It of course wouldn't tell her about his abilties, but at least she'd get an idea of strength wise.

"And I hope you don't think I'll ditch my friend." Samantha said, sliding into a more defensive stance.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-25, 6:21 pm

The man shrugged. "Some people are perfectly willing to ditch a friend if it will save their own hide. Shit happens." The man looked over her stance, then took a fighting stance of his own, while the chains extending from his back dug into the ground. "So, you coming to me, or what?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-27, 2:22 pm

"I'm not some people. But if you won't get out the way, I'll move you out the way." Samantha didn't waste anymore time, she wanted to knock them out and get Layla out of here as quickly as possible.

She launched a small Ki ball but instead of hitting them as expected, it hit the ground creating a dust cloud as Samantha moved within it still locked onto his energy. Samantha wanted to get this over with quickly so she aimed a open handed palm towards their head. Whether he blocked or not didn't matter with what she had in mind. Even if it didn't work it would be a decent prod.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-27, 6:02 pm

As Samantha approached, the chains erupted back out of the ground, flailing outward in an arc at about waist height. When one of the chains connected, it tried to wrap around her, while the others homed in on her, moving to strike her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-28, 7:13 pm

Samantha could attempt to grab them and pull for leverage but for now she decided on a much safer option at this point and allowed her built up Ki to expand around her in a dome. It would not only ward off the attacks but damage and knock back her opponent which was two birds in one stone.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-28, 7:19 pm

The man was caught off guard and stumbled, but the chains stuck in the ground kept him rooted. The chains lashed out again, more violently this time, though the man clearly had been hurt by the energy wave. "Got some tricks up your sleeve I see. What kind of magic is that, girly?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-28, 9:02 pm

"And give my hand away? Not that easy." She wasn't going to give her opponent anything and besides he really didn't need anything more then what he was seeing. Her goal remained the same: end it quickly before it could drag on and get more dangerous. When the chains came instead of dodging, she coated her hands with Ki(though it wasn't really visible). On contact, she pulled hoping to use her still considerable strength to pull him into her waiting fist.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-28, 9:07 pm

The man did seem to be caught off guard by her simply catching the chains and pulling, but again the chains rooting him to the ground prevented him from budging. Taking advantage, the chains wrapping around the arm gripping them, and yanking her up off of the ground, before slamming her back down into the ground. The other chains moved to try and restrain her. It seemed he wasn't trying to kill, but capture.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-28, 9:42 pm

Sammy was hit on the ground, but it did pretty much no damage to the young woman; instead it more pissed them off from what they were before. He managed to get one before she gripped the chains as her feet dug into the ground, creating spider cracks under her feet. When she opened her eyes, they were a deep gold instead of their usual ones and glowing a bit; none were normal traits.

"Enough."

It was all she said before the leader would get an proper idea of what he was dealing with. Not only were the chains lifted as he was pulled, but the ground beneath the feet broke apart. Even the root of the tree that helped keep them in place buckled under the pressure before landing on the ground with a loud crash.

She didn't let them recover from their surprise or regain their footing as he was yanked quickly towards her. Instead of a fist or a blow waiting for them, she did what damaged them the first time of letting her Ki expand around her for damage. She didn't put her full power into it, she wasn't trying to kill but knock them out after all.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-28, 9:47 pm

The man let out a cry as he was hit full force by the blast, collapsing to the ground. He groaned a bit as her forced himself off the ground, looking up at Samantha with a bloodied lip and a weak grin. "Damn... you're pretty strong... never had a chance did I?" He chuckled weakly, before there was a sharp intake of breath off to the side. Layla had one of the chains wrapped tightly around her throat, while the end of the chain was poised directly over her belly. "So, guess I've got to do things the dirty way."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-28, 9:49 pm

Samantha mentally cursed, how did that slip past her? She growled a bit, not sounding human but never the less stopped her attack. "I should of known better.." Her mind was running frantically but she coudn't think of a plan to save her friend at the same time.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-28, 9:58 pm

"You're right, you should have. When this whole thing started, I had a chain around her to keep you away. You should have realized I could harm her with it as well. You 'hero' types are all the same." He pushed himself to his feet, dusting himself off. "So, I have to concede that when it comes to combat, you definitely outshine me. And I can guess that all that roaring earlier was your doing, so you clearly had a plan to get us off guard. So good job on that one. However, you really shouldn't forget that I'm operating outside the confines of the law. I ain't gonna play fair. When you had the chance to kill me just then, you should have taken it." He chuckled a bit. "So, we are at an impasse. I can't let her go, and you won't simply let us leave. And I have no doubt that when my men return, you'll mop the floor with them. So... where do we go from here, I wonder."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-29, 7:38 pm

Samantha said nothing, she closed her eyes before opening them seeming to come to a decision. "Indeed. It's a good question. Unfortunately, by doing this you also escalated and revealed your hand. Your second mistake is assuming something of my character. I've seen enough though of what you're capable of physically speed wise now. However.."

Those were the only words Samantha said before she moved with a speed that hadn't been seen before in the entire fight. It was impossibly quick, the man or Layla wouldn't have seen her move the only thing that would be witnessed was Sammy's slightly clawed hands digging into their neck and breaking it before dropping them like trash.

"I'm not a hero." Samantha sighed a bit after that as she came over to free Layla, she didn't have too much trouble. "I'm sorry you had to see that. Are you all right?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-29, 7:56 pm

Layla was clearly a bit shaken, but nodded. "I'm fine... but... not to criticize, but... did you have to kill him? If you say there wasn't another way I'll believe you, and either way, I'm not going to complain, I just... was it really necessary?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-29, 8:06 pm

Samantha took a moment to answer her question. "At the time, I did. But I always second guess myself after the fact. I had no way of knowing if knocking them out would simply be enough, maybe it had. I don't like killing Layla. I hate it. It's just when its do or die and my loved ones are on the line I'll gladly choose them over the other. It might make me a bad person to some, but I'd do it again. ..Everyone else is still alive. I'll have to make sure they stay put before the guards arrive.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-29, 8:32 pm

Layla paused, then nodded slightly. "I understand..." She then pulled Samantha into a tight hug. "Thank you, Samantha... thank you so much..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-29, 9:12 pm

Samantha hugged her back, she felt some part of her needed it as well. "Let's go back home. I'll call the authorties so they can pick the rest up." She moved to the other woman's side so she could more easily support her walking. "Do you want me to carry you? Its a bit away from any town."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-29, 9:34 pm

Layla gave an apologetic smile. "If you wouldn't mind. I don't think I could walk back as I am...."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-29, 9:50 pm

Samantha was more then happy to help Layla along, she was an expecting mother so she couldn't asked to be moving around that much. She couldn't do too much for the downed thugs except use rope and whatever else they had as makeshift cuffs to keep them in place in the mean time. Once they got to the nearest town, Samantha made sure to let the people in charge know of what happened and where they could find them.

It was, overall, an tiring day mentally and Samantha simply wanted to sleep. She did so in same room since she was sure Layla would feel safer that way. Tomorrow they would head back to Layla's home but for now it was important to rest before making the trip back and things could be arranged. That didn't mean Laya's husband wouldn't get word of what happened, he'd likely be there soon.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-29, 10:17 pm

Time continued to move, and one month later, the day of Layla's child being born came. After the birth, eventually Jude had to return to his work. Up to this point, only he had been allowed in the room, but he came to Samantha who was waiting outside, and cleared his throat. "I must return to my work, but I think Layla would like company. The hospital staff should let you in to visit now." He adjusted his tie. "And... thank you again, Samantha. If not for you, this day may not have been possible." He shook her hand, actually smiling for once, before leaving.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-29, 10:53 pm

Samantha was very excited about seeing Lucy for the first time, she really wanted to see what she looked like as she entered the world for the first time. It was always a slight bitter sweet feeling when she visited people who had children being born because of her condition. It wasn't the end of the world and could always adopt when she felt she was ready for children of her own.

Children seemed to love seeing her dragon form, unfortunately that would have to wait even when she was older; assuming she still had the same issue.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-29, 11:00 pm

Layla was sitting up in the bed, cradling a sleeping Lucy in her arms. She looked up when Samantha walked in, and smiled. "Hey Samantha... my, you seem rather excited."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   2017-04-30, 12:29 am

The older woman smiled in return. "I've just been looking forward to it. She's really precious. How are you feeling?"

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Fairies Tread   

Back to top Go down

Where Fairies Tread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next