The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-02, 12:37 am

Salene wasn't really tired but she could understand about the others needing to rest for now. That suited her just fine. While everyone was preparing to get some sleep and retire for the night, Salene had told them she'd be back as she was going to take a bath. She found a nearby lake and stripped down before going into the cold water. It didn't bother nearly as much as she thought it would.

Washing didn't take too long, but she stayed in their longer due to needing to wind down. Her blond hair was loose and floating around her as she relaxed and enjoyed the peace. The moon was out around this time, bright enough to light up the water just a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verseproject.4rumer.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-02, 12:58 am

While Salene bathed, Link and Itoshiki talked casually about random things. Mostly, Itoshiki told Link a bit more about Eldruin, and Link told some of his adventures in Hyrule. Neither even considered wandering off to find Salene, and when one of them needed to 'answer nature's call', they went the opposite direction Salene had gone. Neither was stupid or oblivious enough to stumble into such a cliche' as walking in on her bathing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-02, 5:28 pm

Salene finally finished up for the night, getting dressed and drying off for the night. After she was done, she simply went straight to bed. She wasn't exactly tired but it was better to be completely rested for tomorrow when they went to sent out again. The dreams she had weren't all pleasant but she had gotten used to it.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-02, 6:50 pm

The next day was mostly uneventful on the way to the tree Itoshiki had spoken of. Hidden among the roots was a winding passageway that went deep underground, and where they ended up...

Itoshiki was looking up at the massive door in obvious shock, while Link was more focused on what else he noticed. "These broken statues all around, here... this is recent, the dust hasn't even fully settled. And based on the fact that the statue pedestals are over there, and the statues here... and they've been sliced through... your sister was here. Is she already inside?" Itoshiki simply shook his head, pointing at the doors. Indeed, there were signs Toriko had tried to slice her way through, and had failed. "Hm... so where is she..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-02, 11:24 pm

"If she's nearby I can see about sensing her." Salene told them. "Just..give me a moment." She closed her eyes as she began to concentrate, blocking all the noise and background sounds into the back of her mind almost as if she was meditating. She began stretching her sensing abilities further, until she picked up the young woman. If she couldn't be picked up for whatever reason, maybe she would find something that would help them.

It wasn't nearly as good as it was in her prime, but it would suffice for the current task.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-02, 11:52 pm

While Salene did this, Link and Itoshiki approached the large gate, looking it over carefully. Well, Link did. Itoshiki was tracing the slash marks Toriko had left, concern obvious on his face. Salene would find that Toriko had actually already left, but it was recent. Her 'signature' showed she'd headed south. At the same time, Link groaned irritably. "Why? Why is it always some sort of treasure hunt? We need to get these two keystones in order to unlock the door. This looks like a map... Itoshiki, can you help me here?" The young man nodded, and came over to inspect things.

"Ah... yes, it's an old, primitive map.... hm. Two temple shrines hold the keystones. One is to the north, at the summit of Mt. Harashka, and the other is to the south, in the Valley of Oruk... these are really dangerous places... maybe Toriko didn't see this, gave up, and went home?" Itoshiki sounded hopeful, but Link highly doubted that was what happened.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-03, 2:33 am

Salene opened her eyes, they had been a odd silver color before they turned back to blue. She slowly shook her head a bit. "I'm sorry, but she's not here. If my sensing is right she headed south somewhere." I should have known these things are rarely nearly all that easy. But at least we have a clue where she went.

The Goddess didn't like the sound of this 'treasure' hunt. Not to mention these places didn't sound all that pleasant to her. "What's so dangerous about these places?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-03, 2:53 am

Upon hearing that Toriko had gone south, Itoshiki sighed. "Valley of Oruk then... it's dangerous not only is it a charred, volcanic valley, but it's the home or Oruk, some molten beast that has killed literally everyone that's tried to pass through his territory without offering a sacrifice. Give him some people to eat, and he'll leave you alone. Most people are not that sick as to sacrifice people to him, so they get killed. The shrine there was built before he showed up, though nobody is sure how he got there. Anyway, the shrine is right in the middle of his territory." As Itoshiki continued, Link felt a headache coming on.

"Mt. Harashka is different. It was perfectly fine until about five years ago. People started disappearing on and around the mountain. The village of Shirash, about halfway up the mountain, became a ghost town, with no sign of what happened to the villagers. The shrine is on the summit."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-05, 3:26 am

Salene didn't like the sound of either of these places, not that they really had a choice with where they were going. If his sister was going south, then that's just where they would have to go as well.

No rest for the weary.

"Seems we have no choice." She said with a sigh. "Before we go, I need to ask. Just what kind of powers do you have? If we're going to be traveling together, much less survive we'll have to work as a team. Even gods need help. I'll start with myself. I have some magical spells, mostly for offensive purposes, and I can fly by making wings appear. The other ability is making 'warp holes' for enemy attacks to fall through. With it, I can let them pass through harmlessly and let it appear back at them or elsewhere. I used to be able to take a form of a giant wolf and some wind control..but those abilities have long since been lost to me."

If she was lucky, maybe she'd regain at least some of them. Before now she hadn't really had much need of them anymore. They were still there under the surface, but it was almost like a block. It was frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-05, 6:26 pm

Link went next. "I don't really have much in the way of special powers. I just have my weapons, various gear, and my instinct. I can turn into a wolf though," he found it amusing that he and Salene had that in common, "But without the Master Sword, I'm not positive I'll be able to turn back, because the magic that does it is a shard of dark magic. Other than that, I'm pretty normal... aside from the magic items." Itoshiki paused, considering, then sighed.

"Well, as I said, my powers are rather... dark. I can drain the life out of things, and use it to harm other things. Like blasts of energy and such... and I can cause decay or just pain in things, or... set things on fire, or... or cause something's blood to boil..." He seemed visibly disturbed by now. "Or I can... hit people with a really... dark energy that... it... melts things... but only living flesh...that... that's it..." He looked like he was about to be sick, and Link was horrified.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-06, 4:05 pm

In her roughly eight hundred years, Salene had seen things but pleasant and horribly unpleasant and despite having seen much she hadn't been able to completely dissentize herself from the pain and suffering of others. Her heart was too big for that.

"I'm so sorry.." She didn't know what else to say. But it made her more determined to 'cure' him eventually.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-06, 6:25 pm

Itoshiki managed a weak smile. "It's okay... if I can use these powers to help and protect people, it's okay... and one day, it'll kill me and I can rest peacefully, so it's not all bad." Link grit his teeth a bit, fist clenching. If the Master Sword didn't work to cure Itoshiki, he wasn't sure what he'd do...

"...Right... we'd better get moving, and catch your sister before she gets herself hurt."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-08, 4:27 am

Salene was of the same mind as Link. Though for her, she was thinking more of getting her healing powers closer to what they once were. If they were, she could see about curing this curse though even then it would depend on the curses power. She was confident she would have a good chance of doing it; had she been back to her original state.

No. That won't do any good for him, you or Link. Just worry about what you can do now.

The Goddess nodded. "I agree. There's nothing to be gained here right now."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-08, 1:43 pm

Link and Itoshiki nodded,, and the group made their way back outside. Once there, Link helped Itoshiki back onto Epona, and they all set off south....

~~~~

Two days passed and they reached a small village. It was another three days travel to the Valley of Oruk, and they needed to stock up on supplies, so it worked out. Saying the village was small was being generous though. There couldn't have been more than ten buildings total. The people seemed happy enough, though, so it didn't seem to be a problem. They regarded Link and the others with curiousity, but were friendly enough. THere was a small store, and an Inn for travelers, but other than that, it was purely residential.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-09, 5:51 am

Salene was simply trying to enjoy the peace while it lasted. It was a small and quite village and reminded her a bit of the places she had been to in her travels. Hina used to often play with the other children in these ones, but there didn't seem to be much of any children in these parts.

She wasn't sure all what they needed. There had to be something's taken into account; such as the fact she didn't have to eat or drink as much as a normal person. She wasn't sure how much food rations and the like they would need but she had some good educated guesses. Over all, Link was the one with the most money so as far as finacial matters were concerned it was in his court.

In the Inn, Salene saw a young woman with brown hair reading a thick book. She wasn't sure what it was, but her clothing stood out. It was very different from what any of the villagers wore. Could she possibly be from the Earth Realm? But how?

Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-09, 6:12 am

Link made the decision to do the 'shopping', while Itoshiki stuck with Salene, seeming a bit nervous around the people of this town. He'd explained why during one of their conversations the past two days. He had a tendency to get shunned, or attacked, by others when they discovered his powers, and he didn't want that to happen again. He, too, noticed the woman, but ignored it. He had other worries.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-10, 4:38 am

While Salene was minding her own business, the strangely dressed young woman closed her book and went over.

"Excuse me." Charlotte said politely. "I'm sorry for bothering you, but I'm looking for someone. I'm a bit..lost and new here." Understatement.

The Goddess turned to her and offered a disarming smile. "Relax, we're new ourselves. As for your question, I don't think we can help too much. Me and my friends are new here as well so we don't know the area."

"I see. But you don't have to know the area.." She digged into her pockets showing a blond haired young man, he seemed to be in his late teens. "This is my friend Johnthan, have you seen him?"

Salene peered closer, frowning a bit she shook her head. "No. Can't say I have."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-10, 4:49 am

Itoshiki peered at the picture himself, then shook his head sadly. "I'm sorry, but I don't recognize him either, I'm afraid. You don't look like you are from around here though. How did your friend end up in such an isolated country as Eldruin?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-11, 12:39 pm

Charlotte paused before she answered them, though from the outside looking in that pause was only a few seconds. She wasn't overly trusting but she wasn't overly cautious either. Logically, there was no harm in telling them where they came from as they would have never heard of it more then likely. The blond woman though..her energy was odd. Not in the bad way just it felt different from anything she had encountered. It just felt clean.

"We come from a place called earth." She said finally. "We're more or less travelers." That was the half truth, not the full one.

"You're..from earth?" Salene tone was surprised. "I didn't think I'd meet anyone else who had been there."

....?!

The young monster hunter tried to keep the hope down from beating in her chest and threatening to claw its way out. "R-Really?" She coughed, trying to regain her normal composure. "I mean, really? You're from earth too?"

"I come from some place else, but yes I've visited earth. Did you two come here of your own free will?"

At that, Charlotte's shoulders slumped. "No. I don't know how it was we got here. One moment we were minding our business, next we're here."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-11, 6:23 pm

Itoshiki seemed startled by that. "Transported from one land to another, and not even aware how? How strange... then again, this world is full of strange things, so I suppose I shouldn't be very surprised... do you have any leads at all on where he might be, or did you come to this village at random?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-12, 2:44 am

Charlotte sighed a bit to that. "No. I have no clue where he is; I know he's here just not sure where. I went here because I was hoping I would run into him." She shook her head a bit. "Anyway, I'm sorry for bothering you two, my name is Charlotte Aulin."

"Salene Legarde." Salene wished she could help more in some way.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-12, 3:03 am

Itoshiki bowed a bit. "Itoshiki Tenryu. I'd like to offer my help, but we are trying to catch up to my sister. We are stopping to get supplies, then continuing south."

"You're welcome to accompany us, if you wish." Link had returned at some point, and seemed to have heard a bit. "If you have no leads on where he might be, traveling around might be the best bet. We are heading south for now, but then we'll be heading back north. Up to you though. Then again, we are going to some dangerous places, so probably best if you didn't. Don't want to drag you into unnecessary danger. I'm Link, by the way. I... don't have a last name, actually."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-12, 4:06 am

Charlotte was honestly a bit surprised and startled at the same time. She didn't know these people and yet there were willing to take a chance on her. While part of herself said to remain weary, she ignored it. For one, none of them felt evil, actually the opposite. The other she didn't have any leads of where to go.

The young woman bowed to the group, standing stall after wards, back straightened. "Thank you! I promise I won't get in the way or slow you down. I'm a monster hunter and mage back where I come from. Dangerous situations aren't new to me. My friend is too, he's not a push over so I know he can take care of himself. When do you plan on leaving?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-12, 11:43 am

Link sighed slightly. "Soon, actually. We only stopped here for supplies, we need to get moving. Itoshiki's sister is ahead of us, heading the same place, but the problem is that she is trying to deal with a dangerous situation on her own and could get herself killed. According to Itoshiki here, she's strong, but not strong enough. Her goals are the same as ours though, so I think if we catch up to her, she'll agree to just joining up with us instead of going it alone. Either way, it's a three day journey to our combined destination, and a likely difficult fight once we get there, since there is some monster that demands sacrifices for passage through it's territory."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   2011-11-13, 3:02 am

Luckily for Charlotte, monsters were right up there with her area of expertise. Besides magical theory and things of the supernatural world, she was also an excellent student when it came bestiary things. If there was one thing she was good at, it was books and studying things that had made her a good learner.

"Monster, what kind of monster?" Charlotte said. "Are we talking about a demon? It could also be a spirit that took form on the material plane. Usually, they need sacrifices to remain here if they're the darker sort." She tapped her chin. "But then, its possibly an Unseelie.." Charlotte trailed off when she realized she had rambled a bit.

"I-I'm sorry I just went off tangent." Charlotte's cheeks burned pink with embarrassment.

Salene, amused, just gently patted her on the shoulder. "It's all right young one. I'd actually like to hear more about it later when we have the time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal   

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next