The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tales of Catheria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Tales of Catheria   2011-10-15, 11:36 pm

All was calm during the day in Pot Au Feu City. It was clear out with beautiful clouds and a mostly clear sky during the late afternoon. The weather was not too cold or too hot, striking one of the few perfect balances mother nature tossed in from time to time. While people hurriedly made their way back to forth to their business, or in the case of some others holding hands or relaxing; something else was going on.

In the center of the city and to the only church known simply as the 'The Church of the Holy Maiden' stood three figures outside. The first was a red-head who seemed quite irritable about something, arms crossed and scowling. The other was a young boy with orange hair who was nearby with a back-pack; probably no older then twelve at the most. The last person was the oldest, a pretty woman with blond hair.

However, 'Prier' as the red-head was known as, was not happy.

"I've had enough, I can't stand this. Why do I have to waste my time fighting zombies? They're such wimps. What if my clothes get dirty? They were just washed!" At her protest, her young brother 'Culotte' sighed a bit.

"Stop talking like that! Father Salade is right." Culotte said. "We're new at this so we have to start off small and then move onto tougher enemies. Remember, two days ago you let a ghost get away because you wandered off on your own." Then the last part was mumbled. "Can't you just stop complaining for a while?"

Unfortunately, Prier heard him, and thumped him on the head. "Shut up you."

Their blond-haired teacher, Alouette shook her head, a bit exasperated. "Now Sister Prier, Culotte is right. You're still a novice demon hunter, try not to forget that. And remember, we're servants of the Holy Goddess. I forbid you to call those lost souls 'wimps' ever again."

"Ugh..here we go again.."

While they were arguing, Culotte let the two 'talk' it out and get it out of their system.

My name is Culotte. I'm a novice Demon Hunter.

Four years ago, me and my sister joined the Church of the Holy Maiden. This spring we were admitted to La Pucelle: the churches Demon Hunting squad.

The woman scolding my sister is Sister Alouette. She's our teacher, she joined the church two years ago. We've been in the church longer, but she's much more advanced. She not only teaches us demon hunting, but manners and etiquette.(something my sister needs at times, not that I'll say it out loud)

She has no memory of her past. As for Prier, her language gets more vulgar everyday.

Alouette and Prier seemed to have reach a type of understanding, Prier wasn't protesting anymore at least. "Understand Sister Prier?"

"Yeah, I understand." She said, as if going through that line a million times; which she had.

Alouette shook her head. "Now you must repent."

Prier shrugged. "Ok, ok." Prier closed her eyes briefly, closing her hands to her chest in prayer. "Oh Holy Goddess Poitreene, sorry bout that." She stopped. "There, I'm done."

A bit frustrated, Alouette put a hand to her forehead. "Sister Prier, you need to take this more seriously."

"Ok, ok!" Prier sighed and got more serious this time as she went down to her knee's. This is such a pain. As she prayed, she then said her prayer. "Oh holy Goddess, please see fit to punish me, your unworthy servant."

That was when Alouette came closer and hit Prier on the head with her book, not enough to hurt of course but she'd feel it.

Prier glared at Alouette after she got over her surprise. "Hey! What was that? I was talking to the Goddess."

Her teacher shook her head. "I didn't do anything." She closed her eyes, holding her hands up. "I think your prayer reached the Godess after all."

Why you! Prier only let it slide because it was Alouette. Grr. Watch it Prier. You want to be the next Maiden of Light, right? Don't waste time with this non-sense. Just stay cool and focus on the important stuff.

Seeing as she had 'learned' her lesson, Alouette saw fit to continue. "Very well then we should continue. Culotte, what is the foundation of any investigation?"

Culotte shyly raised his hand. "Um..The foundation is collecting information, Sister Alouette."

In response, Alouette smiled. "Well done Culotte, as usual. Very good."

Culotte was blushing and rubbing the back of his neck nervously, Prier came over, looking at him oddly. "...Hey are you blushing?"

"W-who me?"

"No, the brick next to you."

Alouette was going to say something when one of the Nuns, Sister Olive came to them.

"I'm terribly sorry, but there is something that needs your specialty Sister Alouette."

Not sure what it was, but she couldn't ignore one of her Sisters call for assistance. It would be poor manners and against her teachings. "Take us there then."

Alouette and the others arrived at the infirmary. At the moment there was no one else there, except for a young man in his late teens at the most. They were dressed oddly in some red coat with many buttons, the design and over all look of it was completely different from anything she had seen. They also had brown, slightly spiky hair. But one thing she noticed almost instantly was his sword sheaths--he was a fighter of some kind.

"We found him earlier on the ourtskirts, no idea how he got there." Sister Olive said. "He hasn't woken up at all since then."

"I see." Aloutte looked pensive. "Was there anything else with him?"

"There was this.." She struggled to find the words. "..A very strange metal device. I'm not sure what it is, but it looked like you ride on it."

"Like a wagon?" Prier suggested, trying to picture a metal wagon. Or whatever the hell it was suppose to be.

"Something like that, yes." She said confirmed. "Though its nothing we haven't seen before. Father Salade ordered to keep it in a safe area. We don't know the visitor, where he comes from or anything. I was hoping you might know them Sister Alouette."

Alouette looked at them more closley. Did she perhaps know him but her memory was too badly damaged to remember? He could be from some far off land she was born in. Still nothing came.

"No, I'm sorry." She shook her head. "I have never seen any clothes like that before or anyone like that. At the least, I can't recall with my memories as they are."

"So all we can do is wait." Culotte said, stating the obvious to Prier's annoyance.

Prier hated waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verseproject.4rumer.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-10-31, 3:42 pm

Lloyd groaned slightly as he started to wake, stirring a bit. "Ugh...wha..." He opened his eyes, looking around with blurry vision at the people in the room. All he could make out of the people in the room was hair color and a vague shape. Hence... "Colette, is that you? ...Proffesor Sage, Genis... when did you two dye your hair? And who are the other two?" He was rubbing his eyes now, to try and clear the blurriness, but when he'd spoken, he'd looked first at Alouette, then Prier and Cullote, and finally the other two women in the room.

He was rather confused. Last thing he remembered, he'd been on his way to Meltokio from Luin, via Rhiard, when there had been this bright flash... and then he'd been plummeting to the ground in an unfamiliar area. Just what had happened?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-01, 3:30 am

Prier frowned a bit at that. In their world, sages were old scholars. So when Lloyd called her professor Sage, she thought he might of been calling her something like that along those lines. "..Sage? Do I look like a sage? I'm too beautiful and youthful to be a sage yet. Can't you tell?" She glanced at Alouette. "Now she might be a sage."

Culotte wanted to comment. He really did. But he didn't want to suffer a headache so he shut up.

Alouette ignored Prier. "Be at ease, you're safe. My name is Alouette Blanc. These are my students, Prier and Culotte Baudin. We found you unconscious with some strange machine and dragged you here. You're machine is all right, but I don't know anything about it so we can't fix it."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-01, 3:43 am

Lloyd quickly figured out that these were not the people he'd thought, but pushed that from his mind for the moment. "Lloyd Irving... and my machine? Oh, you must mean my Rheaird. It's a flying machine... thingy... and what do you mean, 'too beautiful and youthful to be a Sage?' Professor Sage is really beautiful, and I guess Genis is attractive, for a guy. They are half-elves, so I think it's part of the deal there, but that's not the point... hey, where am I?"

Getting to the biggest thing last, and not coming to the obvious conclusion of a misunderstanding about the 'sage' thing... definite Lloyd behavior.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-02, 2:11 am

Prier was a bit confused at first, but she got what he meant and it helped this other sage was beautiful so that stroked her ego a bit.

"You're in Pot Au Feu City." The name would sound pretty strange to Lloyd, coming from a mostly English speaking world. "Right now to be more accurate, you're in the section of the church of the Holy Maiden. We're demon hunters, I thought you might be one as well with your weapons and outfit."

Weapons, yeah. The outfit, not too sure. Prier thought, then it occurred to her. "..Wait you said Elf? I didn't know those were real."

Alouette shook her head. "There are many things in this world we have yet to discover and find. Years ago many people didn't believe in ghost, and now there's solid fact they do in fact exist. Is hearing about them so strange, especially since we haven't been out of Paprica?"

Prier frowned a bit, but nodded. "..Yeah, guess you're right." She turned to Lloyd. "So where are you from then?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-02, 2:19 am

Lloyd chose not to dweel on anything they said that happened to confuse him. He didn't want a headache. "I'm from the village of Iselia, in Sylvarant. And this place you live must be pretty isolated, and hidden. I've been all over Sylvarant and Tethe'alla, and never heard of this place. And to not know of elves... that's really strange. And church of the Holy Maiden? That another name for the Church of Martel?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-02, 2:27 am

"I've never heard of those, or that church." Culotte said, thinking. He had always been one of the more of the 'brains' of the group besides Alouette. "I got a idea. Could we get a globe of the world? Maybe Lloyd can show us where he's from? It's probably there somewhere we haven't seen."

"Excellent idea Culotte." Culotte rubbed the back of his head at Alouette's smile and praise. "But you must remember, the globe isn't full proof. It was taken years ago from what we know from this world. There's still uncharted land out there."

The nun came back with a globe moments later and gave it to Lloyd.

There was something strange about this Lloyd. Prier just..had this feeling in her gut Lloyd wasn't from anywhere around here.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-02, 2:32 am

Lloyd was confused by their words. If they had a globe, how could they not know of Sylvarant and Tethe'alla? Or the Church of Martel? Both worlds had been greatly affected by things, especially after they had been rejoined. Then he got a look at the globe, and his eyes widened greatly. "...This... is the globe of the whole world?" He started to panic a bit, then palmed his face. "Damnit... did I end up in another world entirely? Really? Oh, this is just great..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-03, 3:23 am

"..World..?" Prier said confused. "You mean like another place entirely, like here and the spirit world or something?"

"...He wouldn't come from the Spirit World if he's solid, Prier." Culotte said.

"Hey, I was just guessing." Prier ignored that for now, she didn't like seeing people down or upset. "I'm not sure where your world is, but you should be able to get back if you can fix that Rehard thing."

"Rheaird." Alouette corrected.

"Whatever, close enough. But you get what I mean, if we get it fixed everything should be okay, right?" She asked no one in particular.

"I don't see why not." Alouette agreed. "If he was brought here riding it, then it stands to reason he could likely go back. It would take some time to fix that machine though." Not too much very difficult. That technology is far ahead of ours. Still, best not to say it. Hope is what's needed to keep people going, even if the chance is small.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-03, 3:38 am

Lloyd looked a little lacking in hope, however. "Yeah, if it can be fixed... problem is, I don't even know how it works. I just know how to fly it. It can't cross to other worlds on it's own, it can only fly through portals and... stuff. All I remember... is it's fueled by mana. Least, that's what Sheena and Professor Sage said... man, I'm gonna be stuck here... nothing against this place, but...."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-04, 4:51 am

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you looked at it, Prier was not the type to give up that easily. She didn't know Lloyd but she hated seeing people down and Prier always tried to be strong for herself and her brother. So why not try to lend that samething to someone else.

"Tch. If you got here, then there has to be some way through you did. We just have to find that way. So what if you can't find it exactly? If we have to, we'll make one!"

Culotte was glad for his sister's optimism, though he wasn't quite sure how they would pull it off in the first place.

"In the mean time, if you like, we can see about getting you a place to stay." Alouette offered. "That would be up to you, but I'd have to talk with Father Salade and a few others--maybe even get you a job as a demon hunter."

"Huh, you really think he could be a demon hunter?" Culotte asked.

"I do." Alouette nodded. "Not just because his weapons, but I can sense he's pretty powerful. More so then Prier." Prier's ego took a beating there, but she ignored it. "But that's up to him. We're here to help with whatever path he chooses after all."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-04, 5:17 am

Lloyd paused, then shrugged a bit after a moment. "Well, while I'm here, I might as well do what I can to help. If you need help fighting demons, then that's what I'll do. Fighting is about all I can really do, aside from work with ore, and craft some things. I was raised by a dwarf, after all."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-05, 9:18 pm

Prier was thinking Lloyd wasn't talking about his father just being really short when he said Dwarf. If she got a chance to, she was going to visit Lloyd's place. Mainly because it sounded different from here and Prier, if nothing else, liked trying and doing new things.

"It's settled. I'll see about talking to Father Salade about it." Alouette paused, thinking. "What exactly all is it can you craft?" She had an idea for something.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-05, 9:34 pm

Lloyd thought about that. "Well, I can carve stuff out of wood or rock... and ore. I know how to carve dwarven runes, so I can carve them into things for some purposes... like, back home, we had these things called Exspheres. When equipped directly onto the skin, they increase a person's fighting ability and such way past their bodies maximum limits. Without mine, I'd just be a normal human. Anyway, the problem with Exspheres is that equipping it directly onto the skin is toxic, and it'll make you really sick. ANd once that's happened, removing it actually causes the person to turn into a monster." He shuddered a bit, remembering how he found out about the monster part.

"Anyway, Dwarves created something called a 'Key Crest'. It's made by processing something called inhibitor ore and carving a charm into it. It works as a mount for the Exsphere, making it safe to use. The charm can also be carved into inhibitor ore that's made into an accessory or something."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-08, 2:36 am

"I-it turns you into a monster?" Culotte tried not to sound to freaked out. One of the main reasons for that was because of a story he had heard as a little kid. Supposedly, a evil spirit went around and cursed somebody. Who ever was cursed was then slowly turned in a hideous and terrifying monster. Granted, with Lloyd's story it was different then that but it still made him squirm metaphorically in his seat.

Alouette closed her eyes for a moment, thinking of a few things. "I see.." She trailed off a second, collecting her thoughts. "While some of the things you mentioned I have never heard before until now, I do know a expert in craft. If you're as skilled as you say then I will personally vouch for you to open up a small shop. It should help you earn income."

"Yeah, because you're definitely not going to be ranking in the Prica with our job." Prier said bluntly.

"Sister Prier!" Alouette scolded. "A sister of the church doesn't work for the money."

"I know, I know." Still, its not paying the bills all the time.

"Anyway." Alouette continued. "We really must be going, but if you need anything just ask the nurse. We'll have a room set up for you shortly." She left, followed by Culotte but Prier lingered a bit.

"Lloyd, right?" She confirmed, before deciding to state her request. "Listen, you think..maybe..I could learn to do carving stuff? Me and Culotte don't really get all that much money being Demon Hunters at the church. It's decent I guess, but we have to scrape for everything."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-08, 3:16 am

Lloyd was surprised, but shrugged a bit. "Uh, sure, okay. Not sure how good of a teacher I would be, but I'll do the best I can..." He paused, then sat up a bit. "Hey, the money here... what's it made of?" He was having one of his rare moments of rather high intelligence. He was by no means stupid, he just was a little slow-witted most of the time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-08, 4:30 am

"What? Prica?" Prier wasn't sure what he was getting at, but decided it was best to show him. She dugged into her pockets and retrieved a gold coin, and another one that was blue. "This is Prica. Most of its gold, but some is made of slightly different stuff. I think it's the same thing, just some werid thing in the mines give it a another color. Gold is about average, and blue and others are worth more."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-08, 1:22 pm

Lloyd nodded, then got out of the bed. He was a little wobbly at first, but he managed. "Take me to my Rheiard, please. I have an idea, and I think you'll like it!" He was getting a bit excited, which was understandable if you knew his thought processes. If this 'Prica' was basically gold pieces, then that meant that gold was valuable here. Back home, Gald was made of gold as well. Pure gold. Gald probably wouldn't work as currency here, but the gold that made it up, however....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-08, 6:01 pm

Prier wasn't sure what his angle was, but shrugged. "Okay, sure. I know.." Then she paused for a moment.. "..Actually I don't know." That would of made some people face fault after hearing that. She turned to the standing nurse. "Hey, do you know where this Rehard thing is?"

"Rheiard." She corrected. "And its in the warehouse."

"Okay, thanks! C'mon." Prier then lead Lloyd out of the place, but she made sure not to go Too fast since he was still recovering. She lead him out of the church and to a nearby building or more accurately, as said, a warehouse. Before they even got there, sounds of work was heard, mainly hammers and the like.

Inside were people working on various projects, some seemed to be sword smiths, others were guns though a bit exotic-looking. There were a few others that didn't seem to have a specific function or purpose but to Prier it was normal.

Lloyd's transportation was located safely to the sides. "..Is that thing it?" Prier asked, pointing.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-08, 6:50 pm

Lloyd didn't even pay attention to the work going on around him. Work was normal. THe things they were working on, however... some would give him a headache, trying to figure them out. He just went straight to his Rheiard, and opened up a panel near the steering column, pulling out small cube of sorts and pressing a button. Seven large sacks fell out, making a loud jingling noise. He then pocketed the cube, grinning. "See? Gold! Well, Gald, but it's made of gold! I doubt it can be used as money here, but we can melt it down into gold bars or something and sell it! That should help you and your brother out, right?" There was quite a large amount of gold there.... very large.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-08, 11:37 pm

It took a minute for Prier to register exactly what just happened. Prier blinked. "Wait..Not that I mind or not grateful but are you sure? You just met us." Normally, Prier was known for having a greedy streak in her(she had stolen some from the offering plate at church; that was another story in itself) but even she had some sort of limit. That's why she didn't instantly jump at this.

..It was really tempting though.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-09, 12:06 am

Lloyd just grinned and shrugged. "Hey, it's not going to do me any good here, for one. Two, I like helping people. Three, I just don't care. I can make my own money, and even if I can't, it doesn't really matter. I grew up living in the woods, in a house made by a dwarf. He made my clothes, he forged my swords, and my Exsphere is a memento from my mother. I don't need money. You can use it to make a better life for you and your brother, right?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-09, 12:20 am

Prier didn't see this kind of thing everyday. It was very rare for someone to be that sefless and was honestly a bit touched. Being a rather impulsive person at times, it wasn't too much of a surprise when she suddenly gave Lloyd a hug.

"Thanks, I promise I'll make it up to you." Then she realized what she had done and hurriedly pulled away, embarrassed and face slightly red. "Uh, sorry about that. I guess my emotions kind of got away from me."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-09, 12:32 am

When Prier pulled away, it would be to see a shocked, blushing Lloyd looking back at her. He rubbed the back of his neck, laughing nervously. "Heh, uh, no problem... you really don't have to do anything though, I'm happy to help. Oh, and don't apologize, you didn't do anything wrong, you know? ...Anyway, I'll melt this all down when I can. What would sell for more though? Just gold bars, or stuff made out of gold?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-11, 12:16 pm

Prier was happy to pass the whole thing over, so she took the chance to answer his question at the moment. "Gold bars would sell for more. Probably a lot easier to carry around as well, to." Then of course something occured to her. "How did you get so much money anyway?"

He said he was raised in a forest with a Dwarf.(And she somehow didn't think he was referring to someone short. It didn't seem like Lloyd at first impression to belittle someone who had raised him) So if he wasn't from a rich family, he had to had gotten it somewhere. Maybe he was some awesome demon hunter in his world? If that wast the case she'd have to learn something's from him just so she could show Alouette a thing or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   

Back to top Go down

Tales of Catheria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next