The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tales of Catheria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-30, 11:32 pm

Lloyd paused, then sighed. "One of the companions of Mithos, who split Sylvarant and Tethe'alla over four thousand years ago, was a man named Kratos. He was a human, but he helped train Mithos, a half-elf, and became a great friend to him. And he magically became an angel, so he could help Mithos realize his goals. He came to hate himself though, because of the things Mithos did, so he left... and that's when he met a woman named Anna... apparently she was in the Asgard Human Ranch, outside of Luin... anyway, she was part of something called the 'Angelus Project', an attempt to create a special Cruxis Crystal, an evolved Exsphere, inside a human. Now... I never explained the exact way Exsphere's are made, just that they are made inside humans, and removing the Exsphere kills them..."

He took a breath, then continued. "They essentially fed on human suffering. Exsphere's aren't evil or anything, just... that's the way the Desian's chose to do things. They tortured humans there, worked them hard, made their lives completely miserable. Then they would remove the Exsphere, causing the mana in the person's body to go out of control, turning them into a monster. That was life for people in the Human Ranches. That was Anna's life. But according to Kratos, she still would talk about how the world was a beautiful place, and that everyone should be treated the same; fairly. He fell in love with her, and took her away from there. They were chased by Cruxis though." He paused, making sure he remembered everything Kratos had told him.

"Anna and Kratos had a child; me. And they ran from Cruxis for a couple years... before being cornered near Iselia. Kratos fought, while Noishe, our rather... special, dog, tried to keep me and my mom safe. One of the Desian's, Kvar, managed to reach her though, and removed her Exsphere. She turned into a monster, and went crazy... she tried to kill me. Noishe managed to stop her temporarily, and she regained her senses long enough to beg Kratos to kill her... and when she again tried to kill me, he did it... but me, mom, and Noishe fell down a cliff as a result. That's how Dirk, the dwarf that raised me, found us. He buried mom, raised me, gave me the Exsphere... and Kratos, my father, thought I was dead. So, heartbroken, he went back to Mithos, the only 'friend' he had left." Another pause, and he continued with a bit more strength.

"Dirk told me about how Desian's killed my mother, because that's what he believed, and in a way it was true. I hated Desian's... wanted to kill them all. It was my motivation for a long time. I eventually learned that I couldn't just blindly hate people like that. The Desian's did horrible things, but it was out of hatred, for the things that humans and elves had done to them in the past. Hatred like that, it only causes more hatred, and more suffering. That's what I learned.... and you know, I'm better for it. I'm still angry... I always will be. I mean, I don't even remember my mom, or what she looked like... and my father... I only met him in time for him to leave my life forever, floating out in space on Derris-Kharlan. But I have my friends and everything... I've got it pretty good... and so do you, you know?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-01, 2:13 am

Prier and Culotte simply listened to Lloyd, becoming captivated by the whole story. It seemed so..surreal to them. A human becoming an Angel like that not because of divine intervention, but because of some invention that was made in another realm. They were also more appalled at hearing about the creation of exospheres.

When Lloyd finished, Prier went over and hugged Lloyd tightly. "..Thank you." She didn't really know what else to say and she wasn't in the mood to talk too much right now. Her voice was still lightly hitched from crying but she was slowly coming down from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verseproject.4rumer.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-01, 3:21 am

Lloyd smiled, tightening the hug a bit. "No problem, Prier. Helping the people you care about and that are important to you, that's how things should be." He pulled away, grinning broadly. "So smile, Prier. You look really pretty when you smile." He didn't actually mean that in any way other than a friendly compliment, but he said it with such sincerity... he stood then. "I'm gonna go get some firewood. I'll be right back." He walked off, keeping a hand on the hilt of one of his swords just in case.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-01, 4:25 am

Prier did slowly give him a genuine small warm smile. "..Okay.."

Culotte just blinked, but didn't say anything. My..sister. I think she likes Lloyd and doesn't really even realize it yet..

But Lloyd is a pretty good guy so I don't really mind if something happens.

Alouette hadn't said all that much to Croix, partly due to the fact she didn't know them as well, and the other because she was thinking.

"So you don't remember anything about your past either huh?" Croix found that a bit strange the first group he ran into had someone just like him.

"Yes. I can remember other things, like about demons but nothing personal about my past. It's rather odd." Alouette sighed. "It's very frusterating, knowing all this but unable to recall anything. But our new friend Lloyd told me about focusing on the present and what I do have. It's not the same, but I do have family here. Blood isn't everything."

Croix nodded. "I know the feeling." He had disassmbled one of his guns and was currently cleaning it. "It's the same with me. You seem to think very fondly of that Lloyd fellow, you like him?"

If Alouette had been eating something, she would have choked. "L-like him? N-no, I don't I mean as a friend, I like but.." She was blushing red heavily in the cheeks.

Seeing how flustered she was, Croix chuckled. "Hey, I didn't mean to get you all flustered, its none of my business anyway. Just trying to be friendly."

Alouette sighed to herself, relaxing but it got her..thinking about things.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-01, 4:35 am

Lloyd returned shortly, a bundle of firewood in his arms, and smiled at Prier and Culotte as he passed, nodding toward the fire, hoping they'd join him and the other's over there. Once he'd put the wood down, he sat down, and glanced at Alouette. "...Alouette? You okay? You look a little red... there's nothing wrong, is there?" Due to his earlier vision, he was a bit more concerned than usual, and it was clear in his voice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-01, 4:46 am

Lloyd..we'll it wasn't to say it was the last person she wanted to see right now. Just the fact he had been the focus of the conversation just moments ago and now he has here before she could completely recover. Usually, Alouette was pretty composed except when it came to matters like these and she got embarrassed, then her little facade tended to crack that much more easily.

"N-no, I-I'm fine, just maybe catching a cold or something." Alouette, red faced, turned away looking down, biting her lip.

Croix was amused but left well enough alone. For now. He didn't know them well enough to start teasing.

Culotte and Prier came back soon, Prier looking at Alouette. "..You okay?"

"I'm fine." Alouette repeated, sounding more sincere the second time.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-01, 12:24 pm

Lloyd just looked at Alouette for a moment, briefly catching her gaze. He had an exasperated look on his face, the look he was giving her trying to convey his thoughts. Namely, 'I can tell you are lying, and I really wish you wouldn't.' After all, he'd had to constantly deal with Colette pretending that she was perfectly fine, when she was not even close to 'perfectly fine'. He'd gotten rather good at spotting things like that. He shook his head, sighing, and turned to the fire. He wasn't going to force her to tell him, not right now. He hoped she'd at least talk to him later.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-01, 5:43 pm

Culotte had something on his mind, he wanted to talk to Lloyd about but wasn't sure how to approach the subject. He'd think of something when it came to mind.

Croix knew what it was about, so to save Alouette further embarrassment he weighed in. "So, Lloyd was it. Where did you learn to duel wield like that? It's pretty impressive."

While this happened, Culotte sat down by Lloyd and then said in a low tone. "When you have a second, can I talk to you alone?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-01, 6:43 pm

Lloyd glanced at Culotte and, noting how he was whispering, simply nodded in response, before answering Croix. "I taught myself, actually. I later got some pointers from my dad to improve myself, but I'm mostly self taught. Can you give me a second though?" He stood, and walked off in a random direction, just out of earshot of others.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 2:58 am

Culotte waited until they were alone and turned to Lloyd. "First off, I want to say thanks for helping looking out for my sister." He shifted a bit, deciding to come out with it. "..I'll get to the point. I was wondering if you could teach me to fight, like with swords like you do. Prier always protects me..but I don't want it always be like that, I want to be able to hold my own."

The young boy sighed after. "How do you do it though? You're able to rush in and you're not scared at all. I don't act like it, but..a lot of the times in the fights I'm scared. I'm scared of dying or getting hurt, or something happening to someone. Sometimes, every once in a while I freeze up." He looked ashamed at this. "It's another reason I stayed in the back learning magic..but I don't want stay like that."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 5:01 am

Lloyd blinked in shock, then sighed, rubbing the back of his head. "Uh... well, yeah, I guess. I'm not sure I'd be a good teacher, but I'll do the best I can. As for not being scared... heh, Culotte, I'm so scared out there, that it feels like I will drop dead any moment. One wrong move, and I'd be dead. Or worse, someone I care about would be. I think that if you aren't scared at all, something is wrong with you. The whole 'bravery' thing... that's when you do that stuff despite your fear. Just by going out to fight, that's being brave. So... you don't need to change or anything, just improve. You already have what it takes, you just need to work on it, so you don't freeze up anymore. Just... think of it this way. If you freeze, it could cause Prier to be killed. Think about that. It should help you focus."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 5:45 am

Lloyd gets scared too?

While Culotte didn't know Lloyd all that long, he had in a short time had started to somewhat idolize and look up to. To hear the fact that he actually got scared of things and when in fights made him relieved. It meant what he was feeling was normal and he wasn't some sort of coward. Salade had said a real man didn't feel fear.

..Father Salade's been more then wrong about other things though. Besides, nobody can even agree on what a 'real' man or woman is. It's stupid.

Culotte smiled faintly. "Heh..okay. I'll hold you to it, I guess we can try to practice some time when things slow down and we have a minute. Probably should head back to the others. Thanks for listening though."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 5:53 am

Lloyd grinned, putting a hand on Culotte's shoulder. "Not a problem, Culotte. Anytime, just let me know. You're my friend, after all. But yeah, let's get back to camp." He headed that direction, smiling a bit more, glad to have been able to help Culotte.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 6:06 am

Culotte went to his own place at the camp and tried to get some sleep; he was beat and simply wanted to get to bed. Croix, while not completely spent, was resting a bit. Since there was wild animals and monsters, somebody needed to keep watch from time to time and he decided to take the first shift.

As for Alouette, she was trying to get some sleep to. ..Prier. We'll, ever since that heart to heart she seemed to want to follow Lloyd around a bit more. At least for tonight.

However, when ever Lloyd did finally decide to head to sleep he'd have another one of those strange 'dreams'.

Lloyd would find himself in the middle of what seemed to be a audience chamber to entertain guest in some large grand castle. In front of him were two women, one was a blue-haired woman that had a strong resemelance to Alouette, her hair was in a braid and she seemed to be her twenties.

Off to the side, was another woman. She had long black hair, yellow eyes and had bat-like wings complete with great curved horns on her head. The woman was very beautiful, wearing some exotic clothes but she seemed..sickly. Her features were pale, her hair stuck to her as if from sweat and bags were under her eyes. An obvious sign of lack of rest.

"Welcome, Lloyd." The first woman said warmly. "My name is Anca, and this is my friend Catherine. We're the ones who sent you that vision; I'm sure you have many questions you want answered."

'Catherine' didn't say anything, she just looked down, eyes closed as if she just wanted to go to sleep. Anca frowned a bit at this, obviously a bit concerned. "Perhaps you should-"

"No.." The voice was pitifully low, as if talking hurt her. "..I..need to be here.."

Anca looked like she was going to protest, then nodded. "..Very well."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 6:12 am

Lloyd had seen and done some strange things since the beginning of the 'Journey of Regeneration', so he wasn't that caught off guard by this. In fact, in all of this, his reaction was typical Lloyd behavior. He immediatey turned to 'Catherine' and asked with obvious concern, "Hey, are you alright? Maybe you should sit down or something..." SHe'd already stated she wanted to be there, so he wouldn't try to say otherwise, at the moment, but she should at least get off her feet. And it was vintage Lloyd, to be worrying over the health of someone he didnt' even know.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 6:26 am

Catherine offered a very faint smile. "..This is the dream world, it doesn't as much matter if I sit.."

The other woman sighed but decided to move on for now. "Before I go any further, I should explain a bit more about us. I..was a former Maiden of Light, one of the first. My friend here Catherine, she's known as 'Calamity' the fallen Angel in that damnable Holy Book." The bitterness in those words were palpable. "Though I was chosen, I always questioned things and after seeing the Maiden of Light and Dark Prince war...it seemed to be never ending."

"What's more, why was it needed for the Maidens to die? Why would the power, a blessing, actually kill them?" Anca slowly shook her head. "Me and a few other of my friends, we tried to stop things. To get people to see the truth. But we had no definite proof and it was deeply held beliefs. Poitreene had the world in her grip, and for our efforts were labeled heritcs. 'Calamity' sympathizers as well. I was the last one of my group to perish, and at the last moment I bonded my soul to the material world before I used the last of my power. Effectively, I became a ghost."

"I promised, even if it was from a distance, I wouldn't rest until I fixed things and stopped the cycle.." Her gaze fell on him. "And that's where you come in Lloyd. I've seen you. I've seen the things you accomplished and your kind nature..and I just felt perhaps you would be the one who could help break the cycle so no more Maidens will die and no more Dark Princes will be used as scape goats. That's how you got here."

The fallen angels soft voice added on. "..If you dislike us for this, I understand. It was a selfish and desperate gamble for us.."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 6:44 am

Lloyd was visibly shocked by this news, but it quickly became evident that it wasn't for normal reasons. "You... you mean I ended up here because of you?" There was a long pause as he thought about that... then... "Huh... well, thanks for that. If you hadn't done that, I wouldn't have met Prier, Culotte, and Alouette, and things would have happened the way they did in that vision. You've given me the chance to help them all. And of course I want to help take down someone who treats others like expendable pawns in some sick game." Then, surprisingly or not, he turned to Catherine.

"And to be honest, from what I'd heard, I was kinda... well, something just didn't sound right to me about the stories in the 'Holy Book'. Maybe it was what happened in my home world but... well, I kinda had a feeling that this 'Calamity' might just be a scapegoat. I mean, the same thing was done to half-elves and the like in my home world... so, I promise, I'll help clear your name as well. I'll make sure that people know the truth... um... whatever the truth is about you, other than 'Poitreene is a bad person'."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 7:02 am

Anca was a bit relieved, but she knew from the things she saw Lloyd wouldn't hate them because of it, just the opposite. "I can't be sure, but I believe one of your friends may be recently arrived like you are in one of those machines, or on their way stumbling on it. If true, I cannot say who it is."

"Poitreene..was my best friend and very kind.." Catherine said slowly. "..I..don't know what..happened to her to make her change so much. I tried to talk her out of doing this but she wouldn't listen..said it was going to be for the good for everyone and the need of the many come before the few.."

"I have no clue what that woman, plans and frankly I do not care." Anca said with disdain as she continued. "I know for a fact many other Maidens souls are stuck in her pocket realm, for what purpose I do not know. You see, Catherine's powers are partly dark in nature though not evil by itself. Poitreene does something to..corrupt it and then somehow give said power to certain indivuals. These are what are known as Dark Princes. I still don't know what her angle is. But from what I gathered and can guess, since a Maiden power is tied and goes back after use. ..Perhaps, she's using them to slowly amass power without being noticed right away."

"If you can find him, Catherine's husband will be able to aid you further. He was a former human but he was turned into a demon in charge of a Underworld for trying to stand up to Poitreene. He uses that postion to help. I believe, as twisted as Poitreene has become she still has some slight care for her former friends. Which is why Catherine is still alive."

"Hermes..the mediator..Hermes, he knows..he knows..he knows..he has her.." Catherine seemed a bit paler then normal and was mumbling something.

Anca frowned and went closer, giving her a hug. "I know. Shh. Relax." She soothed gently and turned to Lloyd. "Catherine..is not well. You see..in order for this corrupting of power to work for the Dark Princes, Catherine's powers itself has to be messed with. This along with other things has had a negative effect on her mind."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 7:24 am

Lloyd just looked at Catherine, horror evident on his face... and then that horror quickly twisted into anger. "That... I'll kill her! That she could do something like this to someone who used to be her friend... to torture her like this, seperate her from someone she loves, and even turn the entire world against her... and all for some stupid scheme for power... and even while causing suffering for others... she's the one who is a monster! Catherine, Anca... I swear it to you, me and the others will stop Poitreene, and put an end to this stupid cycle! We'll avenge the previous Maiden's of Light, as well as anyone else, and make sure everyone knows the truth. Everyone! ...We'll fix things, so you and the other Maiden's can be at peace... and Catherine can live happily again. Whatever help you can give me is appreciated... but, um... don't push yourself or anything, Catherine."

Lloyd couldn't help it. It was in his nature to protect. It was ingrained in his very being to be a protector.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 3:34 pm

Catherine didn't seem to even hear Lloyd, still mumbling to herself about something and Anca gently rubbed her back patiently. She was going through a slight relapse, but at least it wasn't as bad as before.

"..Thank you Lloyd." Anca said sincerely. "We've been fighting so long with just us and not able to do much of anything. It's only recently I'm able to have enough strength to do something like this..so it gives us a little hope." The former Maiden looked back at her friend who seemed to be in her own world. "..Catherine has a daughter as well, that's what she meant in plain speak. I don't know where she is. Her name is Relina, she looks a lot like Catherine so if you see her she'll be hard to miss." She didn't say dead in reference to either her husband or daughter, that might set Catherine back in another episode.

"One other thing you should know, Lloyd. Paprica was once part of your world but much like Mithos it was separated."

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2011-12-17, 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 3:46 pm

Lloyd palmed his face, and sighed. "THis must have been before Mithos... gah, what is with people splitting worlds apart... well, guess I'll find a way to merge them again, though I wonder why they were split to begin with... and yeah, I'll find Astella. Is there some way to contact you two? For advice, or something? Or if I have to get something to you or... something.... and this friend of mine that showed up, how? And where? Gah, I have so many questions..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 4:02 pm

"Your machines. Those..Rehards." Anca for the life of her couldn't pronounce them either much like Prier. "There's ways to get too and from there if you have those, much like when your two worlds were split apart. Where, you actually should find them back in town tomorrow much like yourself. I am not all knowing, but I can concentrate to see in certain important areas."

"And if its advice you need to contact us, then all you have to do is sleep. That's the best way to get into contact with us. We're..unable to really interact you much when you're awake, the dream world is all but different." Anca lead Catherine into a chair, where she could sit, even if was just a dream. "Any further questions before you awake?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 4:06 pm

Lloyd was silent for a moment, then nodded. "Just two questions. First, do you know a way I could help Croix with the whole 'Dark Prince' thing so that Alouette doesn't have to sacrifice herself? All I can think of so far is just subduing him so that he's not a threat, but then I'm not sure what to after, to actually 'fix' it..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 4:21 pm

"Your summoner friend Sheena should be able to help. If they contact the Summon Spirit that her friend Corrine turned into..I don't recall the name unfortunately." Anca sighed a bit at that. "When the time is right, Catherine will also try to help stabilize his powers but your friend Sheena will be instrumental in helping out Croix. Only other advice I can give is be true to yourself like you always had."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-12-02, 4:26 pm

Lloyd made sure to remember that about Sheena, and then crossed his arms. "My second question... please, is there some way I can help Catherine, any way? I mean, even I can tell that everything ahs kind of... messed with her, and that's saying something. It's not fair to her, so I really want to help her..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   

Back to top Go down

Tales of Catheria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next