The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tales of Catheria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-11, 6:54 pm

Lloyd paused at that. "Well, the short version is that I just earned all of it during my travels, but part of it is gifts. The long version... is really, really long. But... well, this will sound strange, but me and my friends had to literally save our world... and another one. And then both of them, fusing them together into one world, which is what they used to be, until they were split, and.... it's really wierd."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-12, 3:01 am

Prier shrugged a bit to that. "Not that weird when I think about it. I mean, you have actual elves in your world and that machine thing. It's really not so crazy.." She trailed off. "But you know what that means, right? There's a whole lot of other worlds out there, just waiting to be found. Imagine all the stuff there and the treasure.."

She thought about an image of herself swimming in a pool of gems and Alouette saying she was the best demon hunter ever while Culotte was..being Culotte. And that bimbo that worked in the shop was scrubbing her mansion with a tooth brush and soap.

"Eh.." She had spaced out a bit and coughed. "Anyway, maybe you can tell me about it somewhere else. I got nothing but time right now."

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2012-01-17, 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verseproject.4rumer.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-12, 3:18 am

Lloyd grinned, nodding. "Sure, if you want. Just let me know when, and I'll fill you in on everything you wanna know. Also, where could I melt all of this down into gold bars for you? The sooner I can do it, the better, cause then the sooner you get your money, and you and your brother won't have to worry about money issues for awhile at least, right?" It was likely very strange, how someone she'd just met would be not only willing, but eager to give her a fortune in gold, all the money he had, expecting nothing in return. It was how Lloyd was though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-12, 9:54 pm

Prier still wasn't used to someone being that sincere about things of wanting to help. It made her feel almost guilty, but he was happy to do it and she wasn't going to turn down the help when they badly needed it.

"Uh..good question.." She turned to one of the people working. "Hey! Do you know where gold could be melded down?"

The person stopped their work only after a moment. "Over there."

Where they pointed at was another area at the workshop, basically like a forge and the like that was used for things of that nature. Then they did a double take. "..That's a hell of a lot of gold you have there."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-12, 11:16 pm

Lloyd shrugged a bit. "I never really had to spend much after Luin was rebuilt. Anyway, thanks!" He then proceeded to pick up all five bags. One under each arm, one held by each hand, and one held by his teeth, as he made his way over to the forge.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-13, 3:42 am

A three days passed uneventfully for the most part. Prier was very thankful for what Lloyd did and was a lot kinder and warmer to him as a result. Culotte, being her brother 'kept a eye on things' since while Lloyd seemed to be a good guy, he had the obligation as the brother to keep a eye on her. But he was also pretty intelligent, so he knew deep down if something did happen, Prier would be okay.

Alouette had gotten the good word in, so Father Salade gave the nod of approval. It was on the condition he would be in the same unit as Alouette and the others. It was something Alouette had no issues with personally and Prier seemed happy with it since becoming fast friends with him. What he had done was rather admirable and for that he got some more respect from Alouette and some others as well once the word had gotten out.

Currently, they were going to be on their first mission with Lloyd. It was suppose to be a relatively easy one; so it was more considered a test. Alouette, Prier and Culotte were waiting; Lloyd was allowed his own room and board nearby the church for now. It was pretty inexpensive so he didn't have to worry too much, Father Salade had made sure it was as painless as possible, especially after hearing what he did.

"Think he might be late." Culotte said to no in particular.

"If he's still asleep, we'll just have to get him." Alouette nodded. "Prier, why don't you do the honors?"

She shrugged. "Sure." Prier then went over to the door to knock, all the grace and subtly of a trained demon hunter.

"Hey! Lloyd, you can't be sleeping now, you got to wake up or you'll miss out!"

And promptly shattered it. No one could say Prier was subtle most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-13, 3:49 am

Lloyd had indeed slept in. He'd been rather excited about the mission today, and had trouble going to sleep and, as a result, had overslept. When he woke and realized this, he quickly scrambled to get dressed. Of course, then Prier broke the door in. As a result, Lloyd was now standing in front of Prier, balanced on one leg. He was shirtless, in his boxers, with one leg in his pants and the other raised as he was trying to get that one into his pants as well.

He blinked.

"...Uh... hi, Prier... you broke my door." Nevermind the fact he was in nothing but his boxers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-13, 6:51 am

Prier was about to apologize about the door, she hadn't meant to break the flimsy thing. That was when she noticed Lloyd wasn't completely dressed, and he was in his boxers. Her mind sort of shrank into itself for a moment, not wanting to deal with the situation. Then, it reluctantly crawled out of its corner and told her it would be good idea to move one of her muscles and not stare at them so much.

"Sorryforbotheringyou,I'll be waiting!" She hurriedly, and almost desperately tried to put the door back on as she scrambled back out. The door was there, almost comically just covering the view since it was still off its hinges.

"Is he up?" Alouette frowned noticing Prier red faced. "And are you feeling all right?"

"I'm fine!" Prier said to quickly. "..And..and Lloyd is getting ready.." She mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-13, 11:32 am

Lloyd arrived shortly after, his own face still a bit. He chose not to say anything about what had just happened, likely to Prier's relief. "Sorry for being a bit late, I overslept, was a bit excited about today..." He'd been seen in swim trunks before, and his boxers, while traveling across Sylvarant and Tethe'alla, but the others had taken it a bit better than Prier just had. She had obviously been embarrassed... and had been staring at first.... he'd think about it later.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-13, 7:03 pm

Alouette choose to let the matter drop, and nodded. "I see. It's all right, these things happen and I recall waking up Prier a few times." Said person huffed. "So its not just you. Do you have everything with you or need to get anything else before we go?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-13, 7:11 pm

Lloyd just shook his head. "No, I'm good. Got everything I need, including some items from my home world for restoring health and mana. I should be set to go. Hey, maybe I can show you guys how awesome a swordsman I am." He grinned, obviously joking. He was kinda hoping to show off a bit, though he'd learned from his two fathers that he could always improve, and should never assume that he's something impressive.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-14, 5:24 am

Prier grinned back. "Not unless I get to show you how awesome of a fighter I am too." Culotte just groaned, it seemed Prier had found someone to bounce back off of. We'll, at least it was friendly competition. With her and Alouette it almost seemed more like two wolves trying to fight over a carcass.

"All right then. Let's go." Alouette said, turning. "This shouldn't be too difficult but all the same stay on your toes everyone."

The four man team of demon hunters finally got to their destination, which seemed to be in the middle of a forest. In particular, this time around they were to enter a place known as the 'Devil's Stomach' it was a partly sealed off entrance that lead to a underground world of sorts. According to reports, zombies and the like had been coming from here and this was the source.

"So this is it?" Prier walked closer to the entrance. "..Me and Culotte used to hang around here all the time and never had any trouble. Used to dare other kids to get close or the ghost would eat them." She shook her head. "Why now?"

"I don't know." Alouette moved closer. "Lets hurry but be cautious, there's no telling what's down there."

"Shouldn't we worry about lights?" Culotte shifted his pack a bit, he always carried a lot of the group stuff around--especially when Prier didn't always think things through.

"No, it'll be fine." Alouette assured. "This place is illuminated by magical light, I did some digging here before we actually arrived for the job. If there is trouble, we have a back up plan. And Prier, be careful."

"Yeah, yeah. You worry too much. I'll be fine." Prier smiled. "Me and Culotte hanged around here all the time and nothing bad happened. What's the worse that could happen?"

Don't you usually jinx it with those words? Culotte choose to remain quite.

The leader of their unit then pushed forward of the double door 'entrance' that lead underground while the others followed.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-14, 5:29 am

Lloyd followed closely, hands resting on the hilts of his swords. What was the worst that could happen? Lloyd could think of a few things... He shook it off. Nothing would happen to his new friends if he had anything to say about it. He wasn't sure how strong he was compared to them, he had no sensing abilities to speak of, so he was blind there. Still, he'd do his best.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-14, 6:18 am

The place was definitely an underground network of some kind. Everything else inside it was far too smooth and 'clean' to be anything natural. Not to mention under it was painfully obvious this had seen some use before; rusted swords, armor and the like lay scattered here and there signaling the passage of time that had taken place.

Prier hanged a bit back with Lloyd, Alouette cautiously leading. "Ew, it kind of smells in here then again it is old." Prier said more to Lloyd then anything else. "You have anything like this back at home?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-14, 7:21 am

Lloyd blinked. "What? Like caves and underground buildings and such? Er... yeah, I guess. THough it was more like huge, underground temples and stuff... except for the one's that were towers... also, be careful about treasure chests you might see. Some have some useful stuff, and some, at least back home, are nasty little monster things that attack you! ...THough, this IS a different world..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 12:53 am

"..Treasure chest that turn into monsters?" Culotte added his two Prica into the conversation. "I heard about monsters like that when me and Prier we're training, they're extinct now though I think."

"Why haven't I heard about them?"

"You were probably asleep."

"Oh.."

Prier left it alone at that, she couldn't think of a come back to that. As the four them ventured deeper inside, the light still provided light for them. It was almost as if they were still on the surface with how clear they could see things, not to mention breath with no problems what so ever.

In front of them was a large castle, surrounded by a moat with a single piece of land connecting it.

"..What's a castle doing here?" Prier had the feeling this place had been something of a hide out, but a castle underground?

"..Don't ask me, I have no clue." Culotte didn't know why but he felt a unconcious shiver tingle up his back.

"This must be the source of the zombies; I sense impurity here." Alouette moved closer and Prier blinked.

"Wait a minute, you aren't suggesting we go inside are you?" Prier and Alouette just looked at each other unmoving.

"....."

"...."

Prier turned, trying to slink by. "I think I'll be going now."

Clunk.

Prier maybe got two seconds from her spot before she felt the familar Holy Book hitting her head again. Again, it didn't hurt, just annoy her. She glared at Alouette, who just shook her head.

"Stop. There's a word for that. It's called 'dereliction of duty and its unforgivable." She crossed her arms. "In the name of the Maiden of Light, I order you to go on."

(Boss old bat.) Prier muttered under her breath.

"I heard that Prier." She sighed. "Sister Prier, focus. We must find out why those zombies are in the land of the living. Don't forget, the fate of these poor creatures rest on our shoulders. If we fail, their souls will continue to wander forever. It's a terrible responsibility but its part of our job as demon hunters. We help people too."

"....." Prier seemed to think about what she said, something clicking then slowly nodded. "..Right."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 1:27 am

Lloyd had remained silent during this byplay, but had frowned when Alouette hit Prier and started using the church to order her around. He had no problems with Alouette, but... well, he was suspicious of these world-wide religions now, after the whole 'Church of Martel' fiasco. Still, he wouldn't question their beliefs over something so simple. If something big came up, then he'd say something. For now, though... "Well, let's get going then. It's been a long time since I fought zombies though. I used to fight them as training in the forests around my home and everything. Then again, this is a sort of 'trial' mission, so I shouldn't expect to be fighting things like dragons, treants, or other things like that." This was, of course, his first mention of just what kind of things he had to fight... who knew how they would react upon learning the full story.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 2:34 am

Alouette was curious about this, dragons were high level monsters. It was usually suicidal to fight them one on one except for the strongest of warriors. If Lloyd had beaten one then he had to be fairly strong to accomplish it. She'd have to ask him about it.

While the group trudged forward, Culotte moved a bit closer to Lloyd. "So you fought dragons, what else have you fought?"

As for Prier, she seemed more focused and pensive after the words Alouette had said. Something struck home about it. These weren't just monsters but some were souls trapped here against their will, she had to do what she could to help.

For the most part, nothing stood out. The castle was old wand worn from time, not to mention it smelled of decay, which was to be expected given the places apparent old age. As they went further down the halls, Alouette found something that caught her eye. In the middle of the hall to the side, was a half sealed off closed metal door. Prier was one of the first to come forward.

"What is that?" Prier moved a bit closer.

Alouette moved closer, placing a hand on the door and closing her eyes. "I sense a great amount of sorrow inside. We should try to open it."

"I'll do it!" Culotte volunteered stepping forward, Prier didn't say anything. He moved over and rammed into the door. It didn't budge. Then he backed up and did it again, and had no better results.

He sweat dropped. "..Um..maybe someone else should try."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 2:51 am

At Culotte's question, he shrugged. "All sorts, really, but most, I'm not even sure if you'd know what they are, since we are from different worlds. Chimera's, Manticore's, and other stuff like that are things I think I've heard of in this world as well though. Oh, and ghosts, poltergeists, stuff like that.... in fact, I might have the Monster List that Professor Sage made me fill out somewhere in my bag. I'll check when we get back, and you can look through it."

When they got to the door, and Culotte failed to break it down, he stepped up, checking it over. "Huh... yeah, I got this." He backed up a bit, then hauled off and slammed his foot into the dead center of the door.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 3:20 am

It wasn't much of a surprise when the door was sent flying off its hinges and crashing loudly on the ground. Culotte was surprised he was able to do that, the door was old but it was still pretty strong and solid. Stepping inside a bit timidly along with the others, there was a old dusty small room, spider webs and dust covered the entire area.

However, in the very back were two skeletons on a couch, one was smaller then the other signaling the other was likely younger. Alouette frowned, then stepped forward a bit from the group.

"If you can hear me spirits burdened with sorrow, show yourselves."

At first, there was nothing. Then, in a dull white flash two ghostly figures appeared. The first was a young woman with brown hair in her twenties and the other was a blond kid, maybe two years younger then Culotte. Their bodies were very transparent and you could easily see right through them.

"..Who..are you?" The woman asked cautiously.

Alouette was calm and relaxed, as if she done this before. "We serve the Goddess Poitreene and her earthly manifestation the Maiden of Light. We've come to lay you to rest."

"You serve the Goddess?" They paused. "I had thought a terrible monster had been coming the way door had been kicked in.." Their gaze looked at the group for a moment then continued. "My name is Collier and this is my son, Colonne."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 4:03 am

Lloyd was a little surprised Alouette was doing this, but had no complaints. He did, however, chuckle nervously and rubbed the back of his head with embarrassment at the comment about the way the door was brought down. "Sorry, guess I hit it a little harder than intended..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 4:36 am

The ghost woman shook her head. "It's all right. I'm just grateful someone found us after so long."

Prier stepped forward, she had been wanting to ask something since she got here. "How did you two wind up here?"

Collier paused once again, then answered. "Long ago before you were born, when we were still alive. This country was invaded by the Canar Empire."

"...The Canar Empire?"

Culotte figured his sister wouldn't recall. "A great empire that existed in the west four hundred years ago. Didn't you take history? It was around long before the Kingdom of Paprica."

"Oh..uh, yeah I remember now." Prier really didn't. She turned back to the ghost. "If its been that long, why are you two here still?"

"Count Mountblanc, my husband built a underground safe house here. We hid here for a very long time, but when we tried to leave we discovered someone had locked us in. Even as ghost we couldn't pass through the rooms lead-lined walls.." She trailed off. "But thanks to you, we're finally free from our prison." She bowed. "Thank you for the bottom of my heart."

"Yes, thank you." Taking a cue from his mom, the young boy also bowed a bit.

"You have our eternal gratitude." Collier said and slowly but surely both of them began to fade away as if they never there. Not leaving anything behind them except what was already there.

Prier seemed a bit upset and depressed about something. "...He was just a little kid. Who would lock them in a room like that?"

Alouette didn't have an answer for once. She hadn't wanted for Prier to find out this way, but at least now it seemed to kick in why their job was so important in the first place now.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 4:44 am

Lloyd watched the two fade away, and sighed. "Some people... they're just cruel... there's no point trying to understand..." He clenched his fists, closing his eyes briefly as he remembered things from the past. One of the first things to come to mind was Kilia, the young daughter of Governer-General Dorr, who's daughter was killed and replaced by a monster...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 5:09 am

Alouette gently put a hand on Prier's shoulder. "Lloyd is right. There's nothing we can do now but we managed to at least free them. We still have work to do, there's still some that may need our help inside of here."

"..Right." Prier looked more determined then before. Culotte didn't say anything as he trudged along behind Alouette who had taken the lead once more. There was nothing of note after that as they went further down the hall, that was until they went deeper in did they find..something out of place.

Three of the kids from the orphanage were there, Prier recognized them instantly. And because she did, she was a bit pissed. "Hey! What are you doing over here? It's dangerous!"

"We were just making sure you were doing your job. Right?" The one in front said and the others nodded.

Prier face palmed. "..What am I going to do with you? Coming all the way here. The director of the orphanage must be worried sick!"

Sighing, Alouette reached for what seemed to be a odd cell phone of some sort, calling to get some people to pick them up.

"We're sorry! But we found somethin' good." One of the other kids, the younger boy went to one of the empty suits of armor lining the hallway and pressed something. Moments later, part of the wall seemed to open up; revealing a secret passage.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 12:41 pm

Lloyd... well, he had a bit of a hard time commenting on the three kids being there. He used to be just like that... possibly still was at times. However, he did have a comment about what they had just showed them. "Damnit, not another secret passage... those never go well."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   

Back to top Go down

Tales of Catheria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next