The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tales of Catheria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 6:00 pm

It was around thirty minutes later or so before someone went to go pick up the kids, though they did 'promise' not to go anywhere dangerous like this later. Once they were left and taken care of, Alouette decided she wanted to check that passage out. After encountering those two trapped souls, she wanted to make sure there was nobody else stuck inside.

The passage was a strairway, which lead up stairs to another empty room. It had a table and a book shelf but nothing of real importance, instead a single book sat there on the table in good condition, despite the age. Prier glanced at it, and becoming curious picked it up, coughing a bit from the dust.

"What is it?" Culotte peered closer.

"A journal. Maybe something's in it that'll help us.." She began to skim through the pages, a lot of the ink was faded but she found something and began to read out loud.

7th of the Fraise

Why does Collier love my brother? I love her much more then he ever could.

Collier..

My beloved Collier..

She frowned, flipping through the next page.

13 of Pesche.

We are fighting the imperial forces but have no hope of victory.

My brother, the count, has hidden himself and his family. He's sacrificing his pride to protect his family. I can feel my hatred growing within each passing day..

24th of Pesche.

Several days have passed since they went underground. Despite their fatigue, the soldiers still believe in my brother.

My brother who everyone loves.

My brother who stole Collier.

My brother..better then me in everyway..

29th of Pesche.

..It's all over. My brother and his troops will never wake up after the lunch I just served them.

Now there's nobody left to get in my way.

Now I will live with my beloved Collier in this underground world, but she may not accept my love for her. In that case, I will keep her in a cage..

She's my song bird.

A caged songbird.

My songbird..

Prier stopped reading, so pissed she broke the journal in half. "That guy makes me sick!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verseproject.4rumer.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 6:09 pm

Even before that final part, Lloyd had started to feel a sinking feeling, already suspecting. Then when the last part was read, he bowed his head, closing his eyes. "...He's down here somewhere, I'm sure of it. He's somewhere in this castle... and if he's still alive... I'll have to fix that." It was rare for Lloyd to truly want to kill another person anymore, such thoughts and feelings having disappeared during his travels in Sylvarant and Tethe'alla. He was only human though, he wasn't above such anger.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 8:39 pm

"You and me both." Prier muttered darkly.

"Lloyd is probably right, they're still around. They wouldn't be 'alive' like we are, much like Collier if they're still around.." Alouette frowned. "If that's case they'll likely be stronger then they were in life. Vengeful spirits are usually pretty powerful. Let's go, but be careful."

Culotte and Prier nodded and followed Alouette out who seemed to be walking at a brisker pace, as if she knew where she was going this time and had to get there. They continued until they reached what looked to be a throne room; there was no sign of anybody else at the moment but they still needed to keep their guard up.

"There's..something here.." Alouette said to herself. "I sensed something but not sure what exactly it was.."

No sooner did she say that did a deep voice boom out. "Intruders!"

Quickly, Alouette turned around, as did the others taking a defensive stance. A man, dressed in some rather high class attire with a long sword.

"Wait! We're not your enemies!" Culotte protested. "We're not part of the empire!"

The man didn't seem to believe them, and was going to attack them but another voice cut out.

"Darling, stop!"

The now somewhat familar white glow appeared, and from it Collier and her son showed up once more, making the man freeze. "..Collier? Colonne?"

"They're telling the truth, the war is over. You don't have to fight anymore." Collier said gently as moved to her husband, who had calmed down completely.

"The war is over..?" They said quietly.

"Yes. You can stop protecting the castle now."

Culotte seemed to have something click. "..I get it. The zombies people had been talking about must have been the soldiers protecting the castle. ..Even in death they kept protecting it.."

"Darling." Collier said. "We don't belong here anymore, come with us. I'm sure the others are waiting with us with Lady Anya." She held out a hand and her husband took it, as well as his son's hand.

..Anya? Prier and Culotte thought. They had oddly only heard of this name one time.

"Stop!"

The other voice sounded..off, slightly ragged. Another spirit came, but it was different. It had armor on and a cloak, but seemed more monstrous. Instead of looking human, they seemed more like a skeleton. Prier knew somehow, this was the same person who wrote the journal.

"Get back!" Prier got in quickly in front of the family, as did Culotte. However, it was the later exchange that confirmed it.

"I won't let you have her! You're trying to steal her from me again! Big brother!"

"..That voice.." Collier muttered, a bit fearfully. "Oseille, is that you?"

"She's my beautiful song bird!" He ranted, obviously out their mind. "I won't let you have her! I won't let you her!" He screamed and charged Prier at a high inhuman speed.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-15, 9:11 pm

The spirit's charge never even had a chance of reaching Prier, as Lloyd was suddenly between them, sword glowing blue as he slashed upward. "Demon Fang!" A large, seeming shockwave of blue, concentrated mana shot toward the spirit, Lloyd's eyes briefly glowing blue as he used the technique.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-16, 1:40 am

The attack, as it hadn't been expecting them to be able to hurt him at all. But the shock was short lived, turning to instead fuel the spiritual beings rage. "You won't stop me!" The sword was slammed down into the ground, burying itself until only the hilt was seen. Their formed vanished completely as well.

"Coward! I'm going to kick the piss out of you!"

Prier's cry was answered with a light ball of energy which she dodged, though she couldn't tell where it had come from. They were followed by more, in random directions at Lloyd, Prier and the others. Alouette and Culotte were more magically inclined so they had to stay back more to let Lloyd and Prier handle the up close fighting.

The the only blond of the group seemed to be concentrating on something, a strange circle appeared under Lloyd's feet and his swords glowed. "Lloyd! I blessed the blades, they should be able to hurt them now!"

"Shut up!" The insane ghost roared, another ball of light aimed at Alouette who barely put up a barrier in time. If he gets angry enough, then maybe he'll give away his position.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-16, 1:52 am

It seemed that Lloyd had come to the same conclusion as Alouette, as he immediately ran over to Collier and her husband. "Hey, do me a favor. Be all romantic and stuff! We need to piss him off. People fight stupid when they are pissed!" He then turned and addressed the room at large. "Hey, you crazy bastard! Are you really so much of a coward that you won't fight me face to face? That's why she didn't love you, and loved your braver, older brother instead, right? I mean, who would love a coward, right?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-16, 4:48 am

Collier nodded quickly and went closer to her husband and her son, going as far as to hold hands and the like. This along with Lloyd's comments did serve to piss off the insane ghost(more like wrath really) into coming out of hiding. There was a crash of something breaking as it came into view, the sword which had been burried coming back to its hands.

"If you want to die that badly, then fine!" The sword glowed with a strange ethereal energy as he charged Lloyd, performing a forward lunge aimed at his chest. Prier, who hadn't been idle sprung forward, moving at a speed far too high to be anything but a normal humans.

She used one of supporting structures as a spring, kicking off and aiming a kick at the things head. On impact, they grunted, rocking back and back handed Prier. She took the blow, rolling with it as she slid on the ground, turning into a roll back to her feet. It was struck by a blast of ice from Culotte, making it stumble and become even more pissed then before.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-16, 12:33 pm

Lloyd immediately charged forward, letting out a cry as he began to strike rapidly at the ghost, flowing from one strike to the next. The thing about his sword style is that his sweeping strikes sacrificed power for speed. He didn't strike as hard as he could, but his speed was incredible as a result, and when he did actually put his full strength behind a blow, it was quite powerful. Now, Lloyd was going for the speed tactic. Of course, while his full strength wasn't behind the blows, that did not at all mean that the strikes were not dangerous. Each and every one had the potential to be lethal, and they came one after another with alarming speed. Of course, as was to be expected with Lloyd, his limitations were suddenly thrown out the window. "Sonic Sword Rain!"

Lloyd finished his chain of attacks with a literally rain of forward thrusts, so fast that it appeared he was striking with multiple blades at the same time, before the last thrust was sent forward with a great deal more force. THe sound barrier was broken and a sonic boom was heard as this last thrust was made. Lloyd immediately leapt back, to see what the result was.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-17, 4:24 am

The strange wraith had gotten into a sort of 'sword duel' with Lloyd, fencing parrying the young man's thrust. It was also like a personal duel of sorts but the image faded quickly when the sonic strikes managed to get passed his guard. They grunted with the hits, not bleeding as they had no blood but obviously hurt but they didn't have as much time to recover as two other attacks hit.

"Holy Bells!"

There, from above, was a strange ethereal bell above him and he was zapped with a powerful lighting bolt that made them stumble back; followed by another blast of ice from Culotte.

Prier, who hadn't just been standing idle((when was she ever?) also joined in, throwing her baton upwards, and then it split to several, glowing with some strange light. "Holy Wind."

One after another struck, exploding on contact and seeming to do more damage then the others, mainly because of the nature of the spell.

"Seriously, just die again already!" Prier went to rush him but found his actions, likely from pain and desperation more wild. It was harder to approach them.

"Shut up!" They screamed. "How could you know anything?! My brother was better at everything! They took Collier from me! Is it any wonder my heart is filled with darkness."

"Stop whining! Collier isn't a object-" Prier dodged a wild swipe, baton held firmly. "-And you can't blame your problems on your brother! You're two different people. You-" Another strange energy ball came from them and she had to roll out the way. "-Could have snagged yourself another woman, but instead want to self-pity yourself. We'll, tough luck! Life doesn't work that way, you can't always get what you want!"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-17, 4:41 am

Lloyd rushed forward, swords out to either side, then suddenly spun into the air. "I don't care what happened! There's no excuse for what you did, you bastard! Rising Falcon!" He was surrounded by a firey aura, as he suddenly dove toward the spirit like a spear, slashing with both swords outward as he reached him, before surprisingly moving into a shoulder charge, followed by a powerful swing of both swords that seemed to summon a lion's head out of mana, striking the spirit. "Hunting Beast!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-17, 6:11 am

The blows took a obvious effect, they staggered once more, and Prier took the chance to join into the fray; careful of Lloyd the whole time. Between this, Alouette and Culotte launching some more magical(or in Alouette's case divine) attacks he eventually was worn down. Lloyd's earlier assault had also did a great deal of wearing the former human down but they were stubborn until the bitter end, even as the last spell from Culotte seemed to permanently banish them from this existence.

For a minute, Prier just stood, breathing a bit heavily and wiping her brow. "Everyone okay?!"

"I'm not hurt."

"I'm okay."

Collier, along with her husband and son came a bit forward cautiously. "I had no idea my brother had that kind of hate in him.."

His wife gently put a hand on his shoulder. "There's nothing to be done about it now. We're free to leave now that he's gone." Slowly, they nodded and the family turned to the group. "If there was something we could do to repay you, we would."

"Not at all." Alouette said. "We don't need anything."

It looked like Collier wanted to say something else, but then decided against it. Alouette moved more to the center of the room.

"..Now to make sure everyone can leave." She closed her eyes, and held her as if prayer. "In the name of the Maiden of Light, I ask you Goddess Poitrene, guide these souls to their earned rest."

After those words, Alouette's form glowed with a strange light, as did the entire room. If it was possible and they could see it, all the zombies that once been normal soldiers were covered in that same light. A bright flash enveloped the room, and when it faded the family was gone and the castle itself, felt more clean for lack of a better word.

Thank you...

No one was sure who said the words, it didn't seem to be Collier but Alouette let it go, opening her eyes and seeming a bit drained.

"..That was amazing Sister Alouette." Culotte said with a bit of awe.

"Yes, amazing." Then Prier shook her head. "Hey, I could have done that too.."

Culotte would have responded when Alouette coughed a bit violently, almost falling before Prier went to catch her.

"Take it easy! What's wrong?" Prier asked worriedly.

"I don't know, maybe its something in this castle.." Alouette didn't seem to convince even herself completely. "..Lets just leave, we did what we needed to."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-17, 6:20 am

Lloyd had remained silent after everything, seemingly thinking.... until Alouette's violent coughing. Her response to Prier... something was off about it. He didn't believe it. For now, though, he couldn't really say much about it. Maybe when he had more to go on. "...Let's go then. This place is still kinda creepy."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-17, 6:42 am

After they left, they gave the debriefing to Father Salade who after listening to them told the group they had the rest of the few days off. The money would be sent soon, so they didn't have to worry much--then again Prier had more then enough now and Alouette got well enough so money was never that big of a deal.

Once that was settled, Prier and Culotte opted to hang out with Lloyd while Alouette had excused herself, saying she'd spend some time at home. The three of them were in the middle of the more less busy parts of the city, Prier seemed to be thinking.

"You know.." Prier said after a moment. "I think I might be overthinking it, but doesn't it seem odd how Alouette acted like that after that miracle she performed?"

"We'll.." Culotte reasoned. "Something like that has to be draining, otherwise everyone could do it. I'm sure its nothing."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-17, 12:05 pm

Lloyd just shook his head. "Maybe... but if that was the case, wouldn't she just be really tired afterward? Violent coughing makes it sound like it actually hurt her to do that.... like Colette..." He paused, the gears in his head turning. "Hey... can you guys tell me about this 'Maiden of Light' thing? What she is, what she does, and all that?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-17, 5:32 pm

At this, Culotte took the reigns a bit since he had always been more on the intellectual side. It wasn't that Prier was dumb, far from it. It was just she took little interest in that sort of thing and like Lloyd, it wasn't uncommon for her to be asleep or 'zoning out' while a lesson was taking place.

"The Maiden of Light is the earthly manifestation of the Goddess Poitreene." Culotte said, as if rehearsing something he heard many times. "It's said they help people by performing more powerful miracles then any normal hunter. One of the other reasons they come about is because of the Dark Prince. The Dark Prince is a very powerful being, chosen by the Fallen Angel Calamity, so Poitreene lends people a bit of her power so they can defend people. She doesn't like to interfere directly most of the time, just be a guiding hand."

"There's something that prevents Poitreene from simply taking Calamity out, so I gathered which is why the fallen angel is still around. Anyway, once the threat of the Dark Prince and such has passed, a Maiden's power transfers to the next as her mission is finished."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-17, 8:47 pm

Lloyd listened to all of this intently, a worried expression on his face. "...Want me to tell you about the Chosen of Regeneration on my world, and the Church of Martel? I think you'd find it... interesting..." And by that, he was hoping they noticed the similarities...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 12:01 am

Prier and Culotte glanced at each other, then nodded.

"Sure." Culotte said, wondering where he was getting at. "I wanted to know a bit more about where you came from anyway."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 1:32 am

Lloyd crossed his arms, nodding. "Well, I come from a country, formerly world, called Sylvarant. I was raised believing in the Goddess Martel, the CHosen of Regeneration, and the history of the Giant Kharlan Tree and Mithos, The Hero. The story is something I rememebr word for word, since it was drilled into our heads." He paused, took a breath, and began.

"Once upon a time, there existed a giant tree that was the source of mana. A war, however, caused this tree to wither away, and a hero’s life was sacrificed in order to take its place. Grieving over the loss, the goddess disappeared unto the heavens. The goddess left the angels with this edict: “You must wake me, for if I should sleep, the world shall be destroyed.” The angels bore the Chosen One, who headed towards the tower that reached up unto the heavens. And that marked the beginning of the regeneration of the world." He sighed, scratching his head. "That's the story. My little 'save the world' thing came about because my close friend, Colette, was the new Chosen."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 2:06 am

Culotte and Prier were quite for a bit.

"I'm not sure, we would have known if Alouette was the Maiden of Light, wouldn't we?" Prier asked, thinking. "I mean, the stuff she can do other hunters can do too, it just takes a lot of training to do so."

"Yeah.." Culotte frowned. "But remember, Alouette lost her memory and Father Salade found her in the cave. She really could be the Maiden of Light, and not even know it." There was something else that bothered him too. "Still, if there was anything bad about being a Maiden of Light, wouldn't the news be leaked out by now? There's been a lot of them apparently."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 2:16 am

Lloyd grimaced. "You'd think that. Let me continue... the Chosen's 'Journey of Regeneration' involved going to the four shrines of the summon spirits, and praying, to awaken the spirits and open a flow of mana. See, as history told, the war was caused by these beings called Desians, who ruined people's lives, kept people in what they called 'Human Ranches', where they were abused and worked to death. The 'Journey of Regeneration' was meant to not only cause mana to flow back into the world, but seal the Desian's, who's magitechnology was sucking the planet dry, without the Giant Kharlan tree to replace the used mana." He was silent for a moment, shaking his head.

"We went through alot, working to open the seals and make our way to the Tower of Salvation, where Colette would make one final prayer, and 'Regenerate' the world... and that is when everything went wrong, and everything we knew just was destroyed..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 2:33 am

Prier and Culotte didn't say anything; they were listening. It seemed there was more to the story so their silence was consent to continue. They wouldn't say anything more then likely until he was finished with the story. After that, there probably would be a million questions.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 2:52 am

Lloyd cleared his throat briefly. "I found out that the process of regenerating the world was... unpleasant, for the chosen. First, she lost the need to eat or drink. Then, she no longer could sleep. Then, she could no longer feel anything. Then after the fouth seal, she lost the ability to even speak anymore. All part of 'becoming an angel'. The last step, at the Tower of Salvation, was for her memories to go. I learned this at the end, but Colette knew the whole time. But as if that wasn't bad enough... we discovered that Cruxis, the angels, were led by a man named Yggdrasill. Who was also the leader of the Desians. As if that wasn't bad enough, we learned more and more about the world that just..." He shook his head, taking a deep breath.

"Originally, the worlds of Sylvarant and Tethe'alla were just two countries on the same world, and it was a war between these two countries that killed the Kharlan Tree. Then, Mithos went on a journey to stop the fighting, with his companions Yuan and Kratos... and his sister, Martel. Mithos and Martel were half-elves, hated by humans and elves alike, but they tried to save the world... until Martel was killed. In the end, Mithos gained the Eternal Sword, a powerful sword made by the summon spirit, Origin... and he used it to split the worlds, making them compete for what mana was left. The 'Regeneration Cycle' was just a reverse of the flow of mana from one world to the other. While one flourished, the other wasted away and suffered. And that... isn't all."

"The CHurch of Martel, the Goddess Martel, Cruxis, the Desians, the Chosen system... it was all one giant plot created by Mithos. The Chosen system was his way of trying to find a suitable body to house Martel's soul. He also wanted to bring in an 'age of lifeless beings', half-elves becoming 'angels' without emotion, to 'save' them from discrimination. For his work, he also had the Human Ranches... which made Exspheres. They were made... by attaching them to a human. THe Exsphere would feed off of them to become powerful. The human would then turn into a monster and be killed. The Exsphere's were then used to make people stronger, power machines..."

"...my Exsphere is all that I have left of my mother. It was... made from her. And her soul is inside it." He wiped his eyes briefly. "We fought Mithos. We defeated him, remerged the two worlds, and managed to revive the Giant Kharlan Tree... there are still problems of course, but... we fixed things. However, most people still haven't gotten over the fact that everything they have believed was just one big lie..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 3:27 am

Once Lloyd finished, Culotte and Prier both didn't know what to say. The situation hit a bit too close to home for their liking and they weren't sure of what to make of it. There was no solid proof anything was truly wrong, or Alouette was even the Maiden of Light. It could just be the nature of her powers in general, even then they couldn't just ignore it.

"...." Prier went over, and surprisingly gave Lloyd a hug after the comment about his mother and pulled away. "I'm..not sure what to say, but if you ever need to talk, I'm here, okay?" She glanced at Culotte. "Culotte?"

"..Yes?"

"..You think you could try to look into it? You're better at this research stuff then I am." Which was true, Prier often didn't have the patience for it.

"..Okay.." Culotte seemed the most bothered by this. He wanted to ask why Lloyd still kept it if his mother's soul was trapped inside. But then he already had an idea why so he didn't ask.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 3:33 am

Lloyd sighed deeply. "I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to change your beliefs or anything, if I do sound that way. I just noticed some stuff, and I felt I should bring it up. It's probably nothing, but... I just want you guys to be careful. But... when the Maiden of Light's powers move to the next Maiden after she's 'finished her job'... what happens to her?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 3:40 am

There was a slight pause, but Culotte answered. "They just say that her reward is free passage to heaven and most of them take the chance. Mostly, many of the Maiden's that get chosen don't have as many ties to people, like family or friends. It's said its because its harder for them to concentrate on what they need to do..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   

Back to top Go down

Tales of Catheria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next