The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tales of Catheria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 3:47 am

Lloyd frowned at that. "Sounds to me like they die, Culotte... and the lack of ties could be a convenient way to prevent people from questioning things too much..." He paused, then shook his head. "Sorry, ignore me."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 4:01 am

Culotte shook his head. "No..just thinking.." Then he sighed. "We'll, this isn't going to get us anywhere if we don't know anything for now."

"Oh, come on, its not the end of the world." Prier slapped her brother on the back, trying to cheer him up. "We'll take it one at a time, like we always did. For now, lets just not let it get to us okay? We saved a lot of people today, that should be something to be happy about, right?"

"Yeah."

"See?" Prier nodded, crossing her arms. "You have to listen to your big sister more."

Culotte choose not to comment. "Uh..maybe we should get something to eat?"

"Fine with me.." She turned to Lloyd. "So you hungry?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verseproject.4rumer.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 4:09 am

Lloyd's grin returned, and he nodded. "Starving! Lead the way, Prier, I don't know where anything is yet."

(Behold! THe post of suckiness!)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 11:35 pm

Prier was more then happy to lead the way, food was one of her favorite pass times. She could eat a very large amount and keep her figure, some saying it went more to her hips, legs and breast more then anything. Not that anyone would ever say to her face, for obvious reasons.

After eating and enjoying themselves, they lost track of time and reluctantly Prier and Culotte had to go back home. They did say they would see him first thing tomorrow or something along those lines.

Once those two left and Lloyd headed back home(the door thankfully fixed already somehow) he'd see Alouette by herself in the distance. She wasn't looking at anything in particular, but seemed to be looking at a water fountain and people passing by at the nearby park. There was a deep air of pensiveness about her, and for the most part everyone else there left her alone.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-18, 11:43 pm

While most may be content to leave Alouette be, Lloyd was not. He went right over, and stood next to her, looking in the same direction she was. "...Huh, you know, you may be right. That is a cool looking fountain." Nobody ever said he had to make sense or be serious to talk to someone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-19, 12:07 am

Alouette didn't even notice Lloyd at first as she was lost in her own world. But when he came closer and said that comment, things came to a halt. Alouette covered her mouth and tried not to laugh at what he said. She calmed down and turned to Lloyd having a faint smile which gradually faded away.

"Evening Lloyd. I didn't think I'd see you around this time." She said. "I was just passing the time..thinking. Father Salade said I needed to take some time off for myself even when I said I'm perfectly fine with continuing."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-19, 12:34 am

Lloyd shrugged a bit. "You know, if you push yourself too hard, you're just going to get yourself hurt. What you should be thinking about, is how your friends would feel if that happened. We were really worried about you back there. You shouldn't hide your problems from us, cause we'll find out eventually, and it's better to be prepared. Or have a chance to help, you know?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-19, 1:06 am

"You're right." Alouette admitted. "I'm not sure why it was that had me act that way. I used my power plenty of times with no ill effects. Maybe it was the scale this time?" She said more to herself then Lloyd.

She turned back to the fountain. "..Not sure if I'm being silly or not, but I come here at least once everyday. Like I said, I don't have any memories of my past. If I had a family, a lover or someone else I left behind. So each day, I come here and see the people go about their lives, hoping one face might trigger my memory."

A couple was holding hands, by their side was a young girl in tow. "So far, nothing has come from it. I don't even know if I was born anywhere near here, so maybe its a futile effort. There's also a tradition of throwing your prica in the fountain to make a wish, I tried that myself once too."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-19, 1:48 am

Lloyd thought about that for a long moment before answering. "You know, I have two friends back home, who's memories were literally taken from them. For a long time, it was all just... gone. Presea specifically. Her aging was even stopped. They got them back, however. Besides that... you know, I grew up raised by a dwarf, and found out only two years ago who my real father was. So now I have two dad's, because the one I have is as much my family as my real father is, you know? Eh, maybe I'm saying this wrong... what I'm trying to say, is it's what you have now that matters. No matter what your past was, you have Prier, and Culotte... and me now. Not to mention all the people here that really care about you. That's your family. Anything else from your past is just a bonus."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-19, 2:21 am

Alouette listened intently to Lloyd's words and when he finished, she didn't answer for a moment but slowly smiled slightly. "I see. What you say makes sense, its important not to lose sight of what we have. I always knew that, its just it feels like it's so close but I can't reach it which makes it frustrating."

"And to tell the truth.." She admitted a bit slowly. "I was a bit jealous of what Prier and Culotte have. Logically, I know its silly but that doesn't always translate to what you should feel."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-19, 3:13 am

Lloyd's response would be surprising to some, but those that knew him would have expected it. He turned, and pulled Alouette into a warm hug. "I know it's not the same, but just remember you DO have a family. I know we met recently, but I already count you as someone important to me, okay? If you ever need anything, anything at all, please tell me."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-19, 3:42 am

Alouette didn't know how to react to the hug at first, she froze at first but then relaxed a bit and returned it. Her face was a bit flushed, mostly because she wasn't used to physical contact like this. She knew about romance and the other co-workers and people she knew talked about it, but it had never been that much of a thought. Usually when it came to her, she got a bit shy about that sort of thing.

She gently disengaged herself from Lloyd. "Um, I see.." She said, her normal calm composure broken as she tried to regain her cool. "..Thank you Lloyd. Has anyone told you you're wise for your age?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-19, 3:56 am

Lloyd blushed at her question, rubbing the back of his head. "Not... not really. I've been told I'm wiser than I seem, but most people tend to say I'm a bit... thick. I just learned alot since leaving my hometown."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-19, 5:50 pm

Alouette smiled a bit. "Still, thank you for that talk. I needed that. I should get going, you're right I have been pushing myself too hard. Good night, Lloyd." She turned to walk away, glancing over her shoulder to smile at him briefly again and then vanished into the crowds of people back home.

Whenever Lloyd did finally decide to go to sleep, he'd experience a very strange vision:

Lloyd could see Alouette, Prier and Culotte in some strange area, but he didn't seem to be anywhere in sight. There was also Father Salade, and two people he didn't recognize. One seemed to be a girl a little older then Culotte with purple hair, the other was a young man with brown hair. They weren't standing in the group, rather they seemed unconious and strapped to something almost akin to a cross.

A man with black-hair that laid motionlessly on the ground was off to the side, Prier had closed her eyes in prayer.

"In the name of the Maiden of Light. Please purify this poor sinners soul and reunite him with his mother." A flash of light covered the prone form and they vanished completely as if they were never there.

"..Amazing.." Alouette said finally.

"Hm?" Culotte seemed a bit lost.

. "Look at the way Prier was praying for her mortal enemy." Alouette explained, seeming to admire her. "Prier might not have been chosen as the Maiden of Light, but her compassion and strong will are equal to any Maidens. She reminds me of a divine mother, enveloping everyone in the warmth of her kindness."

Culotte blinked. "..My sister? She doesn't look that way to me."

The Maiden of Light just smiled. "You've just been with her so long you don't even notice it. But the truth is, her kindness has saved you without even realizing it. You, Eclair, Croix and me too."

Prier finished praying, opening her eyes and turning to the unconscious man chained to the odd structure. "Croix."

"Wait Prier." Father Salade said, making her stop. "What are you planning to do? We may have beaten Noir, but that doesn't change the fact that Croix is the Dark Prince. If we were to turn him loose now..I think you'd know what would happen."

"..But we've some so far." The unknown purple head said, which was assumed to be Eclair. "Isn't there some other way?"

Alouette, after closing her eyes for a moment spoke. "..There is one way. Croix's heart has been over taken by darkness. His heart is filled with anger, hatred and bitterness towards humanity. It's only a matter of time before he completely returns to being the Dark Prince. But if we can take the darkness from his heart now, we might be able to save him."

"Of course!" Prier said nodding. "We just have to go inside his heart, like you did with Eclair."

"Wait." Culotte said. "What will happen to you if you use a powerful miracle like that after you said your powers were almost depleted?"

Alouette's expression faltered, but she put on a smile. "I'll be fine. I'm the Maiden of Light so-"

"That's not true! You're just saying that so we won't worry!" Culotte shouted, he then moved to where Croix was. "I won't let you do it, no matter what!"

"..I'm sorry Culotte. But this is the only way." Alouette didn't really seem to want go through with it herself, but they were lacking options. Remember, if the Dark Prince awakens I'm fated to die anyway. It's hard for me too but.."

"No! No! I won't let you do it!"

"Culotte.."

"I don't like it either." Prier said. "We can't save Croix unless we sacrifice Alouette? That's just not right."

"Prier is right." Eclair also coming up with something. "If we try, there must be some other way."

Alouette didn't answer at first, thinking. "..Thank you all. Thanks to your help, the long battle with the Dark Prince will soon be over. Fifty years ago, I fought alone, but now I'm surrounded by wonderful friends. I will never forget the time I have spent with you.."

"....." Everyone seemed crest fallen at that.

After that, Alouette moved closer to Prier. "..Prier. You must go Prier, I only have enough strength to send one person."

"..Alouette.." Prier looked like she was going to cry, she hugged Alouette.

"..Keep your chin up Prier. Tears never solved anything. In the Name of the Maiden of Light I forbid you to cry for me."

"..Alouette.."

"Could you smile for me, you always looked prettiest when you smiled." That seemed to do the trick.

"Like this?"

Alouette nodded. "Like that." She gently pried herself from Prier's death grip. Then she began to pray one more time. "In the name of the maiden of light I ask, Goddess Poitreene please guide Prier into Croix's heart." After those words, Alouette's form began to glow. "Farewell everyone, I thank the Goddess I was able to meet you all."

As the light grew a bit brighter, both on Alouette and Prier, the blond form seemed to be wracked with some more coughing before she slid to the floor..

Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-19, 7:16 pm

Lloyd shot out of bed so quickly that he fell to the floor, breathing hard as his heart hammered in his chest. He'd never had a dream like that before, but he had once experienced a vision, while in Derris-Kharlan. Then, it had been a vision of the past, but he'd known it was real, had really felt it deep down. This time, he was sure of the truth of this one as well. He wasn't there in the vision, which just meant one thing to him; if he wasn't there, Alouette would die, sacrificing herself. It also meant she was the Maiden of Light.

Sure, some people would believe that the 'vision' was just a dream, and wouldn't think much of it. Lloyd, however, had learned to trust his gut with things like this. So, his course of action was simple. No matter what, he wasn't leaving this world until he'd made sure that the vision would never occur. Period. End of story. So long as he was around, nobody was going to sacrifice themselves needlessly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-20, 4:21 am

Alouette woke up in a very good mood that morning. She wasn't sure why exactly, maybe because despite not knowing all there was to her past, she still had much to be thankful for. She always knew that but Lloyd did help but things in perspective so she wasn't as worried what might have been if she had her memories back.

She cleaned around her small house, gathering all her supplies as she got dressed and headed out. For once, she wanted to be the one to wake up Lloyd, and this time not have the door broken off like Prier's good, though sometimes foreful intentions.

The blond once arrived knocked on his door, and then waited. She didn't realize she was humming something very quitely as she waited, or what she was humming was from a unconcious memory she couldn't recall at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-20, 4:35 am

The door opened almost immediately, as Lloyd had been unable to sleep since that vision. Upon seeing Alouette, he smiled, but behind that smile was steel determination. "Hey, Alouette. Morning." 'You will NOT die on me and the others...'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-20, 4:45 am

One of the things about Alouette was she had some empath abilities. That was how she was able to 'sense' the emotions coming from the room before they entered it and rescued Collier and her son. That was why she noticed a very strong emotion coming from Lloyd, but she wasn't clear on what it was.

"Morning Lloyd. I thought I'd come get you for breaskfast." She answered. "..Is everything all right?" If he didn't answer, she'd just leave it be for now.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-20, 5:01 am

Lloyd never was much of a liar, so he went with an easy answer. "Just had a wierd night. Interesting dreams, you know? Anyway, lead the way, I'd love to get some breakfast." He smiled brighter. He was glad he'd come to this world. It was a chance to help everyone here... specifically Prier and Alouette. And Culotte, of course.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-20, 5:21 am

As Lloyd went with Alouette, he heard a very faint female voice.

Please finish what we couldn't do, stop Poitrenee..

Then the voice was completely silent after that, not saying anything more. It was likely that his vision where ever it had come from or had sent it had to do with the mysterious voice. Alouette hadn't stopped or acted oddly so it was a sign she hadn't heard the voice for whatever reason.

She did however feel an odd spike come from Lloyd briefly, but it was gone so she left it alone and continued leading him to the church. Not inside where the service or anything was at, but the mess hall where other hunters came to eat. There were tables every where and a long line of people waiting in various parts of what seemed to be a buffet.

"Hey! Over here!" Culotte waved the two on down by his and Prier's table. Some other guy was looking as if he had his favorite toy taken away from or something. Prier was savaging her food, like she was prone to do.

"This is good stuff! You guys should get some while the gettings good."

Alouette sighed, but smiled faintly. "Don't ever change Prier."

She blinked a bit at that, then shrugged and continued eating. "You sleep okay Lloyd?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-20, 5:28 am

Lloyd had paused briefly at the voice, then simply nodded. That only confirmed everything. His belief in the vision, and his suspicions regarding the religion here. Still, he'd have to be careful on how he approached this. He was unlikely to be well recieved if he suddenly started denouncing the church, and Poitreene herself. He needed to be subtle.... which was not his specialty.

Once reaching Prier and Culotte, he sat down, grabbing some food for himself as well. "I slept fine. You?" This was true. He'd slept just fine. Until the vision.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-22, 1:49 pm

"Like a rock." Prier nodded. "I slept pretty good so I'm cool. Father Salade said he has something important to talk to us about later. Not sure what it is."

"Hey Alouette, aren't you going to eat?" Culotte had noticed Alouette wasn't eating all that much for breakfast. She was never a heavy eater, but still that was light even for her.

She seemed to have been in her own world for a moment, because at first she almost didn't hear him. "I'm fine Culotte. I'm just not as hungry for some reason."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-22, 4:49 pm

THis comment from Alouette sent a chill through Lloyd. Perhaps there were more similarities between the Maiden of Light and Chosen of Regeneration than he'd already seen. Was Alouette, like Colette had, going to lose herself piece by piece? His worry and discomfort briefly showed on his face, but as he was sitting next to Alouette and across from Prier and Culotte, they would see that brief expression while Alouette would not. Whether she felt it or not was unknown. However, Prier and Culotte would obviously know exactly why he'd reacted that way.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-23, 3:00 am

The mood had changed a bit after Lloyd's discomfort, Culotte and Prier having picked on on it but it was more of the former since they were more observant of the little details. They had an idea, but with Alouette and all the other people of the church around they knew better to say anything on it.

I wonder what's wrong Alouette frowned a bit, she picked the shift of the mood. Not too seconds ago everyone was fine. It wasn't until I brought up the fact I wasn't hungry that.. Was that it? They thought she might be starving herself or not eating healthily? ..Doubt that's it or they would have said something. They're hiding something.

Before the thoughts could continue much further, one of the people told them Father Salade needed to see them in his office.

Prier shrugged, needing the distraction. "Earlier then I thought, but whatever." She hopped up from her seat followed by Culotte and Alouette. It didn't take them long to reach his office, but there was no Salade anywhere.

"Strange. He's usually on time.." Alouette wondered to herself.

"Probably busy." Culotte supplied helpfully.

A moment later, somebody in a bear suit came inside the office.

"What the..we have a mascot now? Why didn't anyone tell me?" Prier was never one to think before she spoke a lot of the time.

"..It's me." The person behind the mask removed it to reveal a old man.

Alouette was confused. "Father Salade, what are you doing in that strange outfit?"

"For a charity event, the Director made me."

Culotte shook his head, slightly amused. "You never could stand up to her."

"That's the truth. I'd much rather be fighting demons but.." They trailed off thinking.

"No, no, it looks good on you." Prier said, giving him a wink. "You're so cuuute!"

Salade sweat dropped. "Hey I'm still your boss you know."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2011-11-23, 3:30 am

During all of this, Lloyd hadn't even been paying attention. He was too busy mulling over the issue with Alouette, and how best to prevent her from getting hurt. He refused to lose her. Or Prier and Culotte, for that matter. He had to make sure that whatever he did didn't cause alot more issues, and... he glanced up. "Bear!" He jumped back in surprise, tripped, and fell over backwards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   

Back to top Go down

Tales of Catheria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next