The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tales of Catheria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-01-30, 6:21 pm

Taisera had a blank flat look on her face. "..Debauchery?" She really, really, hoped it had some other meaning or meant as a positive by Kaiyu's culture. She had called herself the Empress of Sin and Splendor..so maybe it was a cultural thing. Alex..looked confused, not sure how to respond.

Helen blinked, then became amused. It takes all kinds.

"We'll, Shadow Knight Alex, Empress Kaiyu, and Priestess of Debauchery." Taisera twitched at this. "What exactly is it I can do for you? It's not everyday two half angels and a demon come to our city."

Alex debated with himself, then got a picture. "I was hoping you ran into this man maybe? I'm looking for him. I'm a former student of his."

Helen looked down at the picture examining it before giving it back to Alex. "Levin? I know of him but he keeps to himself. I'll get a guard to fetch him to see if he's around." She turned to one of them, exchanging brief words before they nodded and left. "Follow me. I told them to meet us where we're going."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-01-30, 7:51 pm

Kaiyu was pleased by this turn of events. However, she needed to clarify. "Thank you. Though, I should mention, I'm an Overlord, not just a Demon. Big difference." There wasn't really, but no self-respecting Overlord would be called anything less.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-01, 8:03 pm

The three had a confused looked. "..I'm sorry, but isn't that a title rather then a genetic trait or am I mistaken?" Helen asked as she lead them to what seemed to be a pub or at least from the outside looking in. There was various people coming too and from for the most part.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-01, 8:18 pm

"Only technically. Technically, the Overlord is whoever is the strongest around, and is just a title. However, the power of an Overlord is passed down to their children so, it's also hereditary.. so I'm an Overlord by birth, as was my mother before me." She shrugged. "So, I'm totally right."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-02, 12:20 am

The three just choose not to comment.

"How exactly does this place stay safe from Lior?" Tasiera asked after a moment, she didn't expect a answer but she was curious and no harmed hurt in asking.

"Let's just say this place has a very special person watching over it.
" Helen said somewhat vaguely before finding a seat. Alex and Taisera knew there was more to it but didn't ask anymore questions, least for now.

"Alex, Taisera. This is a surprise."

A deep voice cut into their conversation, a extremely tall man about 7'1 towered over..we'll plenty much of everyone present. Despite their frame, they had a aura of calm confidence rather then anything malicious. Still not a person one wanted to mess with.

"Unlce Levin!" Taisera didn't care who saw her and practically tackle/hugged the older man. Amused, he hugged her back and patted her on the head, ruffling her hair. Taisera was annoyed by this a bit..which was why he did it.

Alex stood to greet him as well. "Levin, its good to see you."

"You a well Alex."
Amusingly, Taisera still stuck by him. Levin moved a bit closer. Noticing Kaiyu and Helen, the later which he knew. "Who's your new friend?"

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2013-07-15, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verseproject.4rumer.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-02, 12:34 am

Kaiyu... did what was expected. Hands on her hips, she introduced herself. "I am Overlord Kaiyuria Moradin, Empress of Sin and Splendor! Your... er, niece, and former pupil have agreed to become my new Knight of Shadow and Priestess of Debauchery!" She then looked him over. "...Hm... I could use someone like you.... big... strong... big... OKAY! Alex, you are now a member of my 'Shadow Knights', and you are the... uh... Cutting Shadow? Eh, maybe. And YOU! Big guy. Crushing Shadow! I think... yeah... please?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-05, 2:53 am

Levin looked both confused and amused, glancing at Alex. "...Care to explain?" He grinned at Taisera. "And what did she mean by pirestess debauchery?" Levin knew of course; he was just giving her a hard time.

Taisera spluttered turning red. "I hehehe..I don't know.."

Alex looked somewhat embarrassed. "Ah. I'm not sure. I think it has to do with being a Overlord so that's what she calls us."

"Is that so?" L
evin scrached his chin. "Hm. We'll, I suppose if a beautiful lady ask me then I have no problem being called Crushing Shadow."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-05, 2:59 am

Kaiyu grinned. "Flattery will get you everywhere. Now! Onto... whatever business Alex has with you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-05, 4:02 am

Alex grew a bit more serious at that, he had lost track of what he had originally intended to say with the distracting comments. He was just glad to see Levin was okay and in piece. He was always so strong, he never thought he'd be in any real danger and now that he was a demon; there was no doubt he was stronger. The gap between them had grown again but he'd overcome it one day..it would just take time.

For now he had more important things.

"Levin, I wanted to know what happened..why you ended up leaving." Alex said, looking at the taller man. "I know what's been told, but I rather hear things from you."

Levin regarded him passively. "And what was told?"

"Not much." Alex said. "They were tight lipped about things, only that you betrayed them after you resigned."

Helen glanced at them, then decided to make herself comfortable. This wasn't her business as of yet so she listened patiently.

"I see." Levin sighed. "Alex, Taisera, the situation of the Lior Empire. How much do you know of it? In regards to how they conduct things with the demonic races?"

"I..don't know a lot.." Taisera looked embarrassed. "I was never allowed much outside the city."

"I know things aren't all what they seem."
Alex frowned. "The men I came with..they almost attacked a village with mostly non fighters just because of what they were. I ended up trying to stop the captain and ended killing them on accident. Kaiyu helped and got my sister. The men..won't be returning.." He admitted slowly. "So I don't have to worry about reputation for now. Anyway, Kaiyu is searching for a way home and thought maybe you could help her."

I didn't expect this..
Levin mulled it over. "I know of the darker workings of Lior, and have actively been subtly doing things to rather advert and change things. Not all of the empire are bad people, true but too many that live in the bubble are far too ignorant of things outside of their bubble. When it became apparent things were too entrenched without some radical changes; I decided to resign so I could do things my own way. Unfortunate. I made some enemies and suffice to say they used this as a attempt to get back at me."

"That's cowardly and dishonorable."
Alex said distastefully.

"I doubt those are words that would harm them much."
Levin mused. "So tell me, Kaiyu was it? Can I help you in some way?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-05, 4:08 am

Kaiyu cocked her head to the side. "I don't know. I'm from a world completely different than this one. From what Alex told me, you sounded like a knowledgeable man. I had wondered if you might know of some sort of magic that allows for transport to other worlds and realms. Also, Alex left out the best part. The captain he killed? He had his sights set on making me his own personal plaything. Charming, really."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-05, 4:25 am

Taisera grinned a bit at that, finding a chance to tease her 'little brother'. "We'll, aren't you just the knight? Rescuing damsels in distress, just missing a horse now."

Levin looked amused. "Young Alex always did have a knight complex." Alex just looked embarrassed before Levin continued. "Traveling to other worlds isn't too hard if you know the right people. There's gateways, and in some cases mages with that ability. For the most part though, they're both exceedingly rare here. I'll have to do some research and ask around a about it, but I'm sure we can find something of note."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-05, 4:28 am

Kaiyu nodded to that. "That's more than I really expected. Thank you. I really need to get home... I'm worried about Valka... we've never been apart for more than a few hours before..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-09, 3:04 pm

"We'll get you back home." Alex said, determined. "If there's a will there's a way, right?"

Helen felt the conversation had come to something of a brief close and went over. "You sure you don't need anything else Master Levin?"

The tall man shook his head. "No. I'm fine. Thanks for asking anyway." Helen paused, then nodded and left citing she'd be back after taking care of something.

"Master Levin?" Taisera inquired, a bit confused.

"She was a former student of mine and eventually ended up here instead. She wasn't the only one, and now young Alex is following in their foot steps. Perhaps that's another reason they didn't care for me much."
Levin mused to himself. "If you're not doing anything else, I'll show you all around a bit. It does beat starring blankly at walls."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-09, 9:18 pm

Kaiyu nodded. "A great many things beat that. Please, lead the way, Levin."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-14, 3:54 am

Levin nodded and began leading them away to go explore more of the city. He was curious about a few things. Where Kaiyu had came from, what Alex and Taisera had been up to among a few others.

"I'm slightly curious of something. You mentioned you're from another world, correct? What is the name of it, or what is the place like?" Levin asked the young woman.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-14, 4:39 am

Kaiyu smiled. "I am from Harkonin, one of the numerous Netherworlds that exist. It's not too much different from other places, but the air is thick with mana, and the land is admittedly a bit more dangerous..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-15, 4:15 pm

Levin rubbed his chin. "I don't honestly know what a Netherworld is, do you two?"

Alex shook his head.

"We'll, I don't know much about it either. There was a bit of information on the subject but much. It basically said 'world where powerful demons live'." Taisera made quotation marks with her statement. "You would think there would be more, but maybe Lior just burned other information."

"It would not surprise me. Just like others in power, information that could prove to be a threat, its of course erased. Or silenced." Levin said speaking from experience. "But enough of that. You've been keeping up on your training Alex?"

Alex nodded a bit. "Yes, when I can. I try to keep up with it."

"Um.." Taisera broke into the conversation. "Speaking of, there's something I want to ask. I want to learn how to use a sword too. I really don't want to be dead weight to everyone."

Levin thought about it, then answered. "If you do, just know I'll push you as much as I did Alex. It's best to learn hard lessons here then it is out in the battlefield..because there you're often only allowed one mistake. I'll set something up in the morning. It will be...entertaining, but helpful.."

Taisera wondered why she felt a sudden chill.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-15, 4:19 pm

Kaiyu grinned. "I think I'm going to enjoy seeing this..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-15, 4:41 pm

Alex wondered what kind of training, but if it was what he thought it was..we'll that brought up some memories. He turned to Kaiyu. "Who taught you how to fight or you mostly self taught?" He had never really seen her fight but it was obvious she could.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-15, 5:01 pm

Kaiyu smiled. "My mother taught me, but a lot of what I do now is self-taught. Why do you ask?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-20, 4:59 pm

"Ah..w-we'll I just wanted to know a bit more about you."
Alex wondered he stumbled over his words slightly, that was embarrassing. All because she just smiled at him..he really needed to talk with Levin about that.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-20, 5:08 pm

Kaiyu raised a brow, but shrugged. "Well, all you ever need to do is ask. I'm not one to ramble about things, so you'll probably need to actually directly ask specific things..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-22, 2:50 am

Alex thought about it for a moment. "..What about your home, what was that like? Me and Taisera grew up with mostly just each other..its an apartment we share now."

"And Levin is like the father we never had." Taisera chimed in, smiling at the tall man. "We never got to stay in places too long before because of being bounced around in the orphanage but we made due. I think that's what helped keep us..uh grounded."

Levin nodded a bit. "We don't see it when we're younger, but sometimes the hardships can be lessons that can help us later on."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-22, 12:55 pm

Kaiyu paused, then produced a picture from... somewhere, holding it out to them. "That is a picture of my favorite place in Harkonin when I was a child. I loved sitting on top of the archways and just looking up at the moon, especially when the leaves were falling. The moon's red glow makes them look pink, it's really beautiful. I live in a castle, obviously, but don't really have any pictures of that..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-22, 8:05 pm

All three of them seemed slightly surprised by that, the sky being red that is. Taisera peered a bit closer. "Wow. That's really pretty. Our sky is always blue..erh was before it changed this color it has now. It's not normally like that.." She glanced at Levin. "Do you know anything about it?"

Levin shook his head. "Not a clue, sorry Taisera. It does warrant some looking into, but no one is sure why."

Alex looked at the picture a bit longer. "Is moon red, or is that just the sky making it look that way in the picture?"

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   

Back to top Go down

Tales of Catheria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next