The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tales of Catheria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-22, 8:15 pm

Kaiyuria smiled. "The moon is always red like that, yes. Though, amusingly, it turns blue every so often. Apparently, there is an expression 'once in a blue moon'... maybe it originated from my Netherworld, I don't know. Either way, when it happens, Valkanite is even more potent than usual... one such night is when I met Valka, actually..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-22, 8:49 pm

Taisera perked up at this. "Ah, your friend you mentioned. So how did you two end up meeting?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-02-22, 9:07 pm

Kaiyu's smile became softer, almost loving. "Valka... I was off exploring various places in the Netherworld when I was a little girl. I went into a long abandoned Valkanite mine. I'd been told not to, so of course, I ignored that and went anyway. I ended up not only getting lost, but falling into a chasm. I nearly died, but I managed to slow my fall a bit with my wings. They weren't strong enough for me to actually fly yet. Either way, I was hurt pretty badly, and had no way to get back up. I went looking for some way out, and stumbled across a chamber full of Valkanite, but even more amazing, a large pool of liquid Valkanite. There was an air-shaft in the middle of the chamber, leading straight up to the surface, and allowing the sun to shine down on the pool." Kaiyu sighed softly, her eyes starting to water.

"The healing properties of liquid Valkanite were not yet known, so I didn't realize I could heal myself by getting into the pool. I relaxed for a bit, thinking maybe I could use some of my powers to get a signal out through the air shaft. I ended up falling asleep. Then, around midnight I guess, when the blue moon was shining through the shaft, this mass of liquid Valkanite rose from the pool, coming straight for me. I blasted it repeatedly, but it just kept reforming and coming after me. It covered me completely, and I thought it was trying to eat me, but... it healed me completely. When it pulled away, it took the form of a young girl. She could speak, and she asked me my name, and if I wanted to be her friend. I ended up naming her Valka... not the most creative name, but... well, I was young, and she liked it. It's been so long since then, but she's the closest thing to a sister I have ever had..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-07, 2:01 am

Levin and Alex didn't know what to say when she finished; though Taisera was the first to react giving the Demon Overlod a hug before pulling away. "I promise, we'll do whatever we can to help you get back to her." Levin and Alex nodded to that.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-07, 2:05 am

Kaiyu nodded, smiling again. "Thank you... she's probably causing utter chaos without me around."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-21, 3:38 am

It took a moment for Poitreene to properly wake up, she was groggy and her body was otherwise tired. In fact too tired. She didn't know why that was. I don't believe I get sick..do I? It wasn't something she had ever really worried about since far as her long memory stretched she never recalled ever getting sick even once. So the only thing she conclude it was simply one of those days where she was a bit off; it did happen from time to time.

Shrugging it off, she got some of her hygiene done and went to look for one of the others. If any of them were up around the mansion, that is.

Poitreene went to Raine's room after a moments hesitation she knocked. If she was tired or wasn't up, she'd leave her alone.

"What..is the meaning of this?!"

The current Pope of the religion of Poitreene in the empire was annoyed by the large amount of guards and civilians gathered in the town square. He strode in with his own guards, wandering what was happening(and why he wasn't informed as such if it was a important event) Nizon had vanished without a trace and hadn't reported back. That was worrying. Even at the worse of times he usually came back to check in on their agreements. If something happened to him, it meant many of his plans would be for absolutely nothing.

A soldier turned to the Pope, nodding respectfully. "Your Holyness Francis. You should-"

"Do not tell me what to do." Francis retorted annoyed. "Just tell me what is going on."

They regarded them a minute, turning back to where the crowd was. "Apparently, the statue of Poitreene is..glowing. People think that may be some sort of sign."

Francis frowned at this, then looked. Sure enough, the statue was faintly glowing a faint purple. That was odd.

"Interesting. So many fragile meat puppets at once, it seems."

The voice was female and almost with a sensual purr to it, though who ever the voice belonged to cause civilians to panic and scatter. Soldiers on the other hand stood alert and Francis looked up to see a strange beautiful woman floating down.

"Who..what are you?" Francis demanded the woman.

"Me?"
The strange woman seemed to consider it thoughtfully. "Why, I am your new goddess of course while my husband would be your new god. You of course, may call me Endine and when you encounter my husband, Emen. It's only fair you know who you belong to now."

Naturally, people were not pleased to hear this.

"Heretic!" One of the soldiers growled. "You have nerve calling yourself a Goddess, much less we should worship you. We only worship Poitreene. I bet you're just a demon."

Endine's eyes narrowed briefly. But then she smiled. "Interesting."

Before the others could react, the same guard began clutching his stomach and going to the floor as if in pain. There was a oddly sickening twist-like sound as if flesh was being pulled or ruptured. The other guards raised their weapons, only to find them holding snakes instead. They dropped the weapons out of reflex while the previous guard continued to scream in pain.

"MAKE IT STOP, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!"

Endine made a tisk noise, walking over as some seemingly invisible force pushed the other soldiers aside. "Now, now. What happened to all that..talk was it? About serving Poitreene? It would be very hypocritical to back down from such a statement. Don't you think so?"

Francis was paralyzed as the woman smiled at him. "And I wouldn't worry about others coming. They can only come here if I allow them to be here being around a shield and all. I wanted to..demonstrate something to make you agree with you being the most influential member."

The Goddess looked at the screaming man annoyed, making a hand gesture and they went silent. It was if they were put on mute. "Better. Now then good, sir, please look up at the skies."

Such a waste of dreary decor. Don't these mortals have more refined standards by now?

Emen was waiting for his wife's signal as he floated high above the air. It had been the first week since they had arrived in this world; the sky changing color as a sign they were forcoming not that much of anybody would know that. They planned to make this world, their world. It would be a building point, or more akin to a stepping stone. Once they had Paprica secured, they would move on to expanding. They had to build it slowly, but anything worth doing would take time.

Go demonstrate now then love. I don't think they take us seriously.

Emen heard his wife's words. Of course. I'd be happy too. Where too?

There was a pause on the mental link. Oh, I know! Endine sounded like a excited child. Why not the place most populated by civilains? It would send the message. Or better yet, the area where the orphanage is. I can imagine it now, the mothers, fathers, siblings all weeping brokenly over their battered children. So make sure the explosion doesn't turn everything to ash dear; dead bodies tend to be best for reactions. I do wish I could find some means to record them.

One thing at a time. But for now, I'll make my point. I do always enjoy fireworks. I'll make sure you enjoy it too.

Emen pointed a single finger at a area of the city. A purple glow forming as a beam suddenly launched from it.

Francis was watching..seeing nothing. Then a earth shattering explosion almost knocked him off his feet. He had no sensing powers..but he had definitely felt the power from the explosion. More to the point, he had known where the explosion had come from.

"We'll, not as impressive as seeing it up close but we cannot have everything now can we?"
Endine said to the Pope, smiling. "And while fun, I'd like to have some subjects for what needs to be done. So, unless you want this place to be a metal graveyard, I suggest listening."

Francis was no fool and he didn't want to die. "..Fine. What are you going to do?"

Endine shrugged. "Build something more interesting for one. And kill Poitreene. After all, there's only room for one Goddess in this world now."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-26, 10:32 pm

Raine answered the door shortly, and Poitreene would notice something interesting. Raine was completely and utterly naked, her hair sticking up in odd places, and her eyes squeezed shut. "...Poitreene, right? Judging by the magic signature... nn... what do you need?" This was... downright odd.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-26, 10:49 pm

Poitreene at first just blinked at the display. What had Raine been doing? She could understand being groggy or sleepy but Raine was acting rather oddly at the moment with..being pretty much naked, eyes squeezed shut among everything else at the moment. "..I just wanted some company but you seem..busy. Is everything ok?"

This was odd to say the least. She wasn't bothered by Raine being naked though, Poitreene took it in stride. It wasn't as if it was a bad sight..though she tried not to think about that too much.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-26, 10:58 pm

Raine forced one eye open. "...Why do you ask?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-27, 12:38 am

"..We'll for one your naked and seemed..disheveled? Though could be because you were asleep and I woke you up. If that's the case, I could let you rest."
Poitreene guessed that was it, but it wasn't like it was that early or anything to her knowledge.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-27, 1:01 am

Raine paused. "...I'm naked... of course I am." She took Poitreene's hand and dragged her into the room before slamming the door. "Excuse me while I get dressed..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-27, 1:57 am

Poitreene once again just blinked..taking things as the came. "..Um..all right. I'll just wait for you to finish getting dressed."

While she was waiting, she felt a odd faint energy spike. It grew in power and suddenly just faded. It wasn't anything she knew and that worried her.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-27, 3:13 am

Raine soon came back, a bit better 'put together', and sighed. "Sorry... I got drunk for the first time in my life last night, and it did not agree with me this morning."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-27, 4:20 am

Poitreene decided to dismiss the power spike for now, mostly curious about Raine. She'd investigate it soon enough. "Drinking? I can't say I've ever done it. Was there a special occasion I missed last night or were you just being adventurous?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-27, 4:42 am

Raine put a hand to her head. "Adventurous. I figured that since my life is getting more wild and complicated, and I'm in a multiple partner relationship with an excitable young man, I should try to be a bit more spontaneous and wild myself. I went too far, apparently..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-30, 1:30 am

Poitreene seemed partly amused by that. "Hm. I'm rather reluctant to get drunk myself, I'm not sure how I would react to it. Or if I could even get drunk for that matter with normal alchol considering what I am." Then her expression sombered. "I'm not sure if you felt it earlier, but I felt a..spike of energy. Of the divine kind. I couldn't tell much else but it was a huge burst and then nothing what so ever. I got the impression whatever caused it is far away."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-30, 1:48 am

Raine nodded slowly. "I felt it, yes... but considering my state, I assumed it was you, and that it felt so faint because of my dulled senses... apparently not. Do you have an idea what it was?"

"Whatever it was, it wasn't good, not at all!" The second voice came from right behind Poitreene. A viscous, translucent blue liquid was seeping under the door, and forming into the recognizable form of Valka. "I'm used to sensing powers all over, and even stronger than that. Whoever it was, there are actually two of them, one stronger than the other. And whatever that big spike was... many souls have moved on." She seemed somber as she said this, looking down.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-30, 2:00 am

Poitreene would have wandered how Valka overheard them in the first place but assumed she had sharper then normal hearing and made her way in. In either case that wasn't really her concern at the moment. What was, was the powers she sensed..

"I couldn't feel anything else besides their power, it was to sudden. Though, I would guess they likely aren't friendly given what little we know, but again not much else to go on." She went towards the window. "It was one of the Lior's capital cities, if I'm not mistaken. I do want to help, but I'm not sure rushing into it would be the best idea. We're no use to anybody dead."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-30, 2:19 am

Valka nodded. "Oh, yeah, they'd kill you. No offense, but you're not strong enough. I think it would take all of you to beat the weaker of the two, and that's if you all got a bit stronger... I'm sorry, but you'll just need to avoid them for now."

"...You're sure of that? Surely with proper planning-"

"Mm, not here, I don't think. Brain over brawn, but enough brawn can still outmatch brain, unfortunately..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-30, 2:52 am

There was no doubt in Poitreene's mind the two powers in divine, but she wandered how strong they really were. She knew there was ways to hide your energy so it was more then possible that they were far stronger then even Valka had anticipated. It was bad all around.

She backed away slowly, shaking her head as she turned to the others. "As much as I hate to admit it, Valka is correct. We can't let them run rampant if they are a threat but we need to get stronger. My suggestion is we pay my realm a visit some time with everyone. There's things there that would help with that, as far as training goes. One of the other things is to help work on Croix's Dark Prince powers, and Alouette's own powers. I've been slacking for far too long myself."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-30, 3:11 am

Valka blinked. "Um... finding Empress Kaiyu would be a good idea too! She's much stronger than both of them combined! ...Or, she was? I've been feeling out the mana in the air... it seems like a lot of Empress Kaiyu's mana was spread over this world. She's in this world, I'm sure of it, but it seems a lot of her power was dispersed... I'm not sure how strong she is now."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-30, 3:34 am

The Goddess nodded slightly. "That would help but not sure where to even begin finding her. You're more aware of her signature then I am. If I knew what to look for more it would make things a bit easier. Right now its more running blind..unless she's not hiding her power. Even if weakened, power like that should stand out if one is close enough..in theory."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-03-30, 4:34 am

Valka nodded. "Yeah, probably..." She wasn't sure where to go from there, and finally, Raine spoke.

"Well, we'll need to let the others know, if we're going to be going off like this. We'll also need to square things away with the resistance..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-04-02, 12:02 am

Poitreene didn't respond right away, as if she was thinking of something or another then nodded. "I agree. I'll go talk to Noir while you get the others or Lyh. Depends on who I run into first. I can't recall if there was a specific purpose or not for gathering here. I'll give a fair warning though, since I severed the link a bit since..amending things its a bit harder to instantly go there. In other words, we'll need to travel out a bit to get closer, then I'll reestablish the link. I wish I hadn't, but at the time I wasn't exactly thinking about for obvious reasons."

Once everything was done and accounted for, the group was ready to leave the village for now. Poitreene was in front of Vicki who seemed sad to see them go. Her gift Lloyd had given earlier was still around.

Poitreene crouched down. "I'm sorry, but there's a few things we have to take care of. We can't take you with us, but I promise we'll come back. All right?"

"Yeah, definitely." Prier added in. "Besides, we have things we'll wanna do back here so don't worry! Okay."

Vicki still seemed unsure, but nodded then went to give Poitreene a hug, followed by Prier. But she didn't stop there, and amusingly went to give each person individually a hug before stopping at Lloyd last to give him his..though she was really too short to reach unless he crouched down.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   2013-04-14, 4:08 am

Lloyd blinked, and instead of crouching down, lifted Vicki off her feet, hugging her that way and grinning. "Heh, don't worry, Vicki, we'll be back. It's a promise, alright?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria   

Back to top Go down

Tales of Catheria
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next