The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rumble In The Mountain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2012-08-07, 3:10 pm

Hirima blinked. "Tch. Right. I have no dinner plans at the moment. As for the rest... if that's his choice, I'll support it. Perhaps Kaela should be the leader though. She's stronger than me, being a Super Saiyan... I left her in charge when I left to look for Vegeta."

~~~~~

Rein read the note carefully, then nodded, handing it back to Apaciel. "Make three copies of this letter, and send one each to the heads of Nobus, Nexus City, and President Hunter. No doubt she'll want to have the World Council look it over. Include with each letter a note, stating that I suggest appointing one representative to go to this meeting, and a bodyguard just in case."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2012-08-07, 6:57 pm

Apaciel nodded slightly. "Right away." She then left Rein and Joseph alone again for a moment.

Joseph felt like he should have known this by now, but it had literally been years since he had been back to his native Multiverse. "I've been traveling a long time outside of this Multiverse. Who exactly is the current World President?" Hunter..that sounded more like a last name.

"Trunks, what do you like to do for fun?"
Kate had become more animated since she got used to Nao, Trunks and the others. She wasn't nearly as shy as she used to be and it helped the people she was around were good with kids. Nao seemed to be a natural at it, as was Trunks.

The question actually caught Trunks off guard. It wasn't out of the question for a little girl to ask something like that. It was more of the fact, he really didn't even know the answer himself. Trunks never really had much time for leisure time. It was fighting the androids. When it wasn't doing that, it had been some other threat or helping rebuild his crumbled world. The only time he could remember were the scarce lull moments when master Gohan was alive. That seemed like such a long time ago.

Trunks couldn't the last time he really had fun or done something just for that.

There was a pause, and he put on a smile. Self pity wasn't something he liked to dwell on. The past was the past. "I'm not sure, Kate. I never really had much time to really figure out a hobby. This place seems nice though, I'm sure I'll find something eventually."

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2012-08-08, 2:41 pm

Matrix nodded "Well... maybe that's something to talk to him about. I suggest you go. Every place I've been we've never gotten along. He's just a jackass no matter what dimension he's in." He scuffed his foot. "So you wanna get some grub later?"

View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2012-08-08, 2:58 pm

Hirima paused. "I could eat, yes... alright, fine." She nodded slightly. "I'll go get some food with you later. Dinner, right?"

~~~~~

Rein blinked, glancing at him. "Katrina Hunter. Why?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2012-08-10, 1:54 am

"Like I said, I've been gone for a long time. I just want to know how much things have changed since I've last been here. I've been gone for about nineteen years.."
Joseph trailed off a bit, then continued. "As the saying goes, the more things change, the more they stay the same. A lot of things haven't changed, but something's have. I haven't been here long enough to really see. I kinda have mixed feelings about my long trip. On one hand, I learned a lot and got a lot stronger. On the other, I was in that one messed up Multiverse for a bit, but then I wouldn't have met Matrix who's like a brother to me. So it all worked out in the end."

Then he shrugged. "At least Jason got it. It's probably only a matter of time before karma bites Galford in the ass."

Joseph didn't know how ironically right he was.

"Hey!"

The voice belonged to Goku who interrupted the conversation, coming over. "Marcus finally came here. You two ready?"

Apaciel had just finished making copies of the letter and such when she felt Marcus arrive; so she went to go greet them briefly. She decided it was about time, so she finished up and went to the nearest people. Who happened to be Matrix and Hirima were at. "I'm sorry for bothering you two, but Marcus arrived. I just thought I would tell you since you were waiting for him."

Trunks was simply hanging out with Kate and Nao. Piccolo and Vegeta seemed to be off doing their own thing. He wasn't sure where Goku was. One of the newest members, Joseph was talking to Rein, while Matrix was talking to his aunt. Despite having so many new people around, Trunks wasn't set off by this. Maybe because so far they were easy to get along with. It was almost like he had known them for longer.

While this was going on, Marcus came in, looking tired and weary. "I apologize for my delay but I believe its about time for our..talk. Who ever is coming please follow me."

"Talk? Talk about what?" Trunks wasn't completely in the loop.

"About the threats we face, the things to come, and the things yet to be. It'll make sense after, I promise."
Marcus knew Trunks was more then a bit confused, in his time there was really nothing quite like this. Trunks also would have a few questions to Marcus when this is over.

"..I see."
Trunks said finally slowly. "When this is over, I want to talk to you."

Marcus nodded, but still looked very tired but offered a faint smile. "Don't worry young one, I'm not going anywhere."

Even if he wanted too.

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2012-08-10, 9:47 am

Matrix lowered his head and sighed. "That guy either has the worst timing or the best. I haven't figured out what one yet." He looked to Hirima "You gonna join us?" He asked as he followed everyone else.

View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2012-09-08, 2:05 am

Hirima paused, then nodded. "Might as well..."

~~~~~

Nao, Morrighan, and Rein, along with Piccolo and Vegeta, also came to this 'meeting' of sorts. Surprisingly, Vegeta came over, and clapped a hand on Hirima's shoulder, nodding a bit. She actually smiled, and he stepped away. Rein crossed her arms. "Alright. I always welcome your visits, Marcus, but will you hurry up and tell us what is going on? It's clearly important, considering the trouble you are going to."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2012-12-19, 7:31 pm

Almost about everyone had gathered for the meeting, the exception being Kate and Apaciel, who cited she'd keep Kate company and she didn't need to hear about the 'boring grown up' conversation. If anything, it would be anything but boring but Kate didn't really need to know that.

Marcus gathered everyone in one of the meeting rooms, waiting for everyone to come inside before starting. "I'll get straight to what needs to be said. But first, its best I show just a bit." He tapped his staff once, and while the room didn't change at first, it did shift. It looked as if on the sides of the room they could view a 3D movie of sorts.

"Sometimes the best way to know about your enemies is to see for yourselves."

Creation in general was a marvel to behold. Despite the ugliness and horrors some may of had hidden beneath its depth, there was almost always something beautiful to see in its own way. One got to truly appreciate things when they thought of things on a grander perspective; just as there was seemingly infinite stars within the dark sky, there too were just as many if not more universes sitting parrel within each other. More so, completely original and separate creations usually reflecting on its maker in some shape or form. For better or worse.

The scene seemed peaceful. There was no signs of conflict but that rapidly began to change. Things began to get foggy and distorted, as if everyone watching was viewing things through a fuzzy pair of lens. Over time, this strange distortion became worse. A bright flash was seen, and when it died down everything was completely and utterly gone. There was no signs of anything at all; everywhere that could be seen looked completely white. Almost as if they were viewing the Hyperbolic Time Chamber or in other terms a completely white piece of paper.

An entire creation was suddenly just gone.

"What do you mean 'gone'? A whole Multiverse just doesn't just vanish like that without reason."
Junia was having a conversation with Marcus, who unlike his current self looked much younger.  While Ion sat in a corner reading some thick book. While he seemed not to be paying attention, he actually fully was. The entire setting was a very grand-looking ball slash meeting room. There was other people gathered around as well.

"It's just gone. Nothing was there but a blank slate when I got there." Marcus said to the Kai. "It's likely some type of enemy. As you said, a whole Multiverse just doesn't die off like that. If its creator dies and no one up keeps it, then theoretically it can but..not like that."

"That is disturbing.." A beautiful woman said who had been sitting at the end. She was Lady Etaine the head goddess, and overall creator of the collective domain they resided in. "Did you find anything at all?"

Marcus shook his head frowning. "No, unfourtnatelty."

Finally, Ion spoke up. "..I believe I know but I can't say for certain. Marcus, you said it was basically like a blank piece of paper when you got there? Absolutely nothing else at all?" At Marcus nod Ion sighed. "I don't want to alarm anyone, but it may be something called the Old One's."

Etaine mulled this over mentally. "I've never heard this term. Please explain."

"I haven't either." The female Supreme Kai stated and Marcus gave the same answer.

"The Old One's were something touched on in the Order of the Eye book along with other things. They are classified as Extra Dimensional Entities. Or as people often refer to them as, Eldirth Abominations. They act something like a cosmic virus, with a Multiverse acting like a body. Their purpose, much like a normal fatal virus is to spread, and ultimately kill the host."

"Where do these Old One's come from?"
Etaine said. "And is there any signs they're coming before they do?"

"It's..difficult to say." Ion admitted, closing his book. "Not much is written about them but some basics. They were thought of more as a myth, but as the saying goes every myth has some basis of truth to it."

Etaine closed her eyes for a long moment. "..Then we'll just have to prepare the best we can just in case it is true. In the mean time, I want to find out about as much as we can about these Old Ones.."

I'm not sure exactly how long we were fighting once they actually came to Lady Etaine's domain. Everything blurred together after that. Eventually, we were on our last legs, and as a final order was for myself, Ion and Junia to survive and go elsewhere. So we could at least make sure this didn't begin to repeat with somewhere else; we reluctantly left and that was the very last time I've seen her.

Etaine's plan, was to, if she couldn't defeat all of them to seal the strongest of them within something along side her. That way it acted like a counter balance in the mean time. This came with the 'birth' of Zodiac Gems. Small, scattered fragments of the Old One's power separated so they had no chance of reforming. As the name says, they're based off the Zodiac signs.

Originally,we were suppose to have them promptly destroyed but it didn't go the way we had wanted or planned. They scattered; going to who knows where during the process but at the least the strongest of them had been sealed and scattered even if the other Old One's were still out there.

We ended up in with in Lady Anya's domain, here later. That's when plans went into the works, to once again prepare.

Idath rubbed his temples as he threw away another piece of paper in frustration that had formed into a huge pile to the side; not that he particularly cared at the moment. While paper wasn't really commonly used anymore by the Nalga; Idath found the old method therapeutic in its own way.  

What am I missing?

It wasn't too long ago that he had been asked to create weapons to deal with these Old One's by one of the leaders of his people. It was, a request and a urgent one. After all, it wasn't everyday practically all the big powers that be mortal or otherwise were scrambling to put things together in the amount of years they had before they arrived at their door step.

One of Idath's first creation with the help of others were something called Scion Towers. Essentially, they worked by placing them in key parts of dimensions to keep things stable. Making it to where the Old One's presence wouldn't damage to much and keep their influence at a minimum. This wouldn't solve direct confrontations of course, but at least prevent them from being cheap shotted in some way before they could mount a defense.

The second was harder.

Idath was worried about the repercussions of making weapons these powerful if they got into the wrong hands once this war was over. It was one of the reasons he was loathe to use his talents for anything about war. The Nalga were, despite their technological and weaponry prowess were close to pacifist unless they had no choice. But that didn't mean there wasn't bad apples and others who'd want to get their hands on it.

But then it hit him. Maybe instead of making weapons in the traditional sense, he could make something that could choose to act or not. This had its downsides as well, and he needed to be careful all the same. As he thought of it, it began to flow together quickly then a name: Alphalim.

The scene began to fade back to normal, Marcus was standing there looking tired. "Making a very long story shorter, we managed to win. That war was about two thousand years ago here, roughly. However..the Zodiac Gems are still around and there may be very small remnants of the Old One's."

Goku wasn't wearing his usual happy go lucky expression, he was calm serious and focused. "Is going after the gems what you want us to do?"

Marcus shook his head slightly. "No. There already is a group going after them, besides that some of the most important battles will take place here. In this planet and dimension. I can't see everything..its cloudy. But I can say there will be a gradually escalating level of threats sent here. One of these threats, is a extra demesional slave ring. You'd think they wouldn't be a big threat, and its partly true. However, those on top are and will be even if you are among some of the strongest beings in Meus Carus."

"Do you know how much time we have until the first big threat hits?"
Trunks asked. He had been hoping for some peace since he got here..but it looked like they would be fighting again.

"I would say about about a year before anything too big."
Marcus answered. "Some of the enemies you face can't be killed by traditional means. That's why, along with specialized training, I would like Mori to 'bless' some of you. There may or may not be renamants of the Old One's, but that's all they are so you don't have to worry about encountering the strongest ones."

Joseph was silent this whole bit finally spoke up. "What kind of specialized training?"

"You'll be able to do things defensively and offensively with your energy you never thought of before or couldn't. That's out of my area of expertise, which is why Junia will be helping me with that. She'll arrive soon." Marcus paused. "I'm not sure if you have something called a Time Chamber or not. But if not, it speeds things in a special pocket room. A year is a day there. However, its been tweaked. One can spend seven years within their life time and it supports up to six people. That's not including Junia, who would have have to spend at least a year with each group. I would like to get the weaker people up to speed first but groups are of course up to you. Any questions you may have, then ask and I'll try to answer them."

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2013-06-14, 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verseproject.4rumer.com
Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2013-02-09, 7:15 pm

Matrix stepped up, "What kind of invasion force are we looking at and what do we know about them?" He asked the soldier kicking in. Matrix was no stranger to the threat of war but these 'Old Ones' sounded like heavy hitters. They were going to need every tactical advantage they could get.

View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2013-02-10, 2:53 pm

Mori seemed confused at first, then nodded. "I see. You wish for me to make it so that everyone can 'kill the unkillable' so to speak" There was a pause. "...Um, get it? 'I see'? No? Anyone?" She pouted a bit, and Nao patted her gently on the shoulder, and Rein palmed her face.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2013-02-27, 12:11 am

Goku looked confused at the statement Mori made at first. "I don't..wait I get it."

Marcus turned to address Matrix. "Fair question. What we're looking at are mostly remnants of what's left from the previous war. At the most, I'm seeing less then a dozen of these 'Old One's' that are individually by themselves very powerful. The worry is they could spawn more of their kind. The silver lining is the fact they would be many times weaker then the original."

"As far as powers go, it depends on the individual mostly. However, they seem to all share a few common abilities. One of them is the ability to 'infect' things and spread. Think of a like a sentient virus, with a universe being a part of the body and a Multiverse being the body. The stronger ones seem to have some control or aspect of reality. Immortality of some kind, though its been noted the weakest lesser ones can be killed by normal mundane methods. When a stronger one arrives within the normal reality, its presence will be felt and seen. You'll note things get rather...obscure. Almost like a video game graphical glitch."

Marcus walked over to Rein, and handed her what seemed to be a data pad of some kind, he also gave one to Matrix and a few of the others. It was like they appeared out of thin air..which was close enough to it. "I marked important key aspects of the 'battlegrounds', I would like you to look it over and keep note of for when I'm not around. I believe besides the small pocket of surviving Old One's, there was the other unknown faction with the slave ring. It's become obvious something of interest of theirs is on earth but they're being careful to keep low on the radar."

Trunks wished his mother could have seen some of this. They didn't have these data pads, it was simple but his mother from his time would have loved this. He had never been in a war before; unless you counted the time of his fighting the androids. "Okay. And according to this, there's other places besides earth we have to worry about?"

Marcus shook his head slightly. "Earth is of course the primary base of operations and home base. Though, since this is potentially a war on such a large scale, you have to think bigger. To use a anaolgy on a smaller scale. If you have a world war, I'd want to isolate and choke off your support and resources. The more foot hold we give them, the more resources they have to throw at us and earth wouldn't be the only thing gone. That said, how many of you have been in war or have miltary experience?"

Goku scratched the back of his head. "Uh..none. We mostly just fight one on one. This is new to me."

Trunks shook his head. "Unless you count fighting the same two enemies for a long time, no."

"I was in Alus military for a short bit." Joseph admitted.

On another part of the LookOut, Junia appeared with her power down to lower levels. She was suppose to be here to help out with the 'special' training Marcus had in mind. She was also waiting for Feng to arrive. It was best to get the group together now and focus instead of everyone scattered.

Also be nice to check on my family..

"Welcome back."

Junia looked up to see Apaciel and a little girl with pink hair. She smiled. "Nice to see you again Apaciel. And who's the adorable little one?"

Kate looked up at her; though Junia was still a short woman at only five foot even she was still taller then a six year old. "My name's Kate! What's yours?"

"We'll, for someone as cute as you I can give it for free. My name is Junia." The short Kai said with a smile, looking at Apaciel. "I take it the group became larger with the energy levels I sensed?"

The half Dijin nodded. "Oh, yes. There's about four new people just now. Vegeta has a sister..I didn't know that until now. Anyway what brings you here?"

Junia shrugged. "It's Vegeta. And I'm here at Marcus' request, also to check on my girls. Feng is coming, give or take a few moments. Pan and the others should be here any minute now."

A blue streak began to hone in on the tower before it became visible, a young woman around fifteen at the most with short black hair and a orange gi stopped just on the LookOut. It was Pan Glay. "Sorry I'm late, I had to do something and Juno distracted me."

Junia glanced at the girl. "Distracted how?"

".Stuff."
Was the only thing she said. Code for 'don't want to talk about it right now'.

Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2014-06-29, 1:59 pm

Matrix stepped forward. "I also have military training. I've fought in a few wars and even some resistances. With Joe's help we can get any troops needed trained up in a couple of weeks. I do think we need a base of operations on the ground. Not everyone can make it up here. Just let me know what you need." He stepped back and paused. "By the way, I have some equipment that needs to be fixed. Anyone know where I can find Lee and Dino's Workshop?" He asked. He knew there was a strong chance they wouldn't be here but he had to try.

((Had to change Matrix's text color so it would be easier to read. lol))

View user profile
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2015-02-06, 3:48 am

(Skip the shit out of me.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   2017-03-02, 2:15 am

(Due to a number of things, the Zodiac Gem saga is sadly closed along with its related threads but it wasn't its time. In the mean time all chars are out and free to start up in other threads and what not. Thread closed.)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumble In The Mountain   

Back to top Go down

Rumble In The Mountain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6