The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Not As Expected

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-05, 12:00 am

Samantha was surprised at her speed too, but she had a bad feeling about things, especially when she heard the sirens. "..Maybe so. She said she hasn't been training, so as hard as it sounds that might not even be her at her top form."

Still..I hope everything is okay..

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-05, 12:25 am

Atsuko came back only five minutes later. She sat down heavily on the couch, staring ahead in shock. Tomoya's eyes simply widened. Was this really it? He'd saved his mother, at the expense of his father, just by showing up... and to think, he'd gotten up the nerve to do it, on the very day it was to happen. It was incredible luck, but... "...Mom... I'm sorry... I know you loved him... I-"

"What? No... I didn't love Naoyuki... but... but he was a good friend..."

"...What?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-05, 12:48 am

This surprised Samantha greatly, she took a moment to respond. The idea that someone just died no more then a few minutes ago..it was a bit unsettling. It also hit the idea that could of easily been Atsuko, or even her. She didn't want to entertain that line of thinking but what had happened made her think a bit of her and her loved ones own mortality.

He had his issues after Atsuko's death in the other realm, but this man wasn't that one but still..

"..You said you don't love him? Did you..ever?" She wasn't judging. Samantha didn't even know the whole details yet.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-05, 1:13 am

Atsuko blinked, and sighed heavily. "I never loved him, I'll be honest. The only reason I married him is because I wanted my child to have a whole, unbroken family. He loved me, and was a good man, so I figured I'd grow to love him the same way. Unfortunately, I just see him as a friend. It's just bad luck that a friend of mine got me drunk and I slept with Naoyuki and got pregnant. Though I don't regret it, because if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have Tomo... or you, Tomoya."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-05, 4:09 am

Samantha was silent after hearing that. She could understand Atsuko's reasons for doing what she did. If she was in the same shoes..Samantha couldn't be sure if she had been in the same situation. In the back of her mind, she couldn't help but think, Naoyuki just died not moments ago. Shouldn't she feel something?

Then something else hit her. "..Tomo is the one we really need to worry about.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-05, 4:49 am

Atsuko's eyes lowered. "I don't know what to do... how do I tell my daughter that her father... that he..." Here, her eyes began to water, the shock starting to wear off. "I know I didn't love him, but... but he was always there for me... he was my best friend these last few years, and... and it's my fault he... and Tomo loved her father so much, I..."

"Mom... it.... it'll be... it'll be okay, alright? I..." He didn't really know what to say. What could he say?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-06, 12:25 am

Samantha wasn't sure what to say herself. It was all a bit much at once, and really what was she suppose to say to her? If she was in the same shoes, no amount of words, no matter how well spoken or said were going to make her feel any better. So for once, she just..remained silent. It pained her she couldn't do more but even she had her limits.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-06, 12:44 am

After awhile, Atsuko took a long, deep breath. "You two should go home for now... I need to get my head straight, and... figure out how to tell Tomo. Just give me a few days to... handle the funeral and everything... don't worry though, once everything is settled, I'll let you know... I still want to get to know you both..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-06, 5:32 am

Samantha gently took Tomoya's hand, but gave Atsuko a slightly sad smile. "..All right. We'll come to you, or you can contact us. Here." She reached into her pocket and gave the older woman a card. "That's where you can reach us. Come on Tomoya, lets give her some space.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-06, 5:42 am

Tomoya nodded slowly, but before he could move, Atsuko grabbed his hand. "I'll be fine, Tomoya. I promise. Just give me and Tomo some time, okay? I don't want you to see us like this..." He sighed, then nodded.

"Alright, Mom." Surprisingly, calling her that made her smile slightly, which lifted his own spirits. "...Heh. I'll see you later. We can make your special brownies together, like you promised we'd do when I was old enough to see over the counter." This made Atsuko laugh softly, wiping her eyes.

"I remember that... told Tomo that just last week... yeah, I look forward to it. And remember what I said about not teaching it to anyone else?" At Tomoya's nod, she grinned tearily. "Go ahead and teach Samantha. I approve."

"...Well, I kind of already did teach her. I knew you'd approve if you were still alive.... though it's nice to actually hear it..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-06, 3:32 pm

Watching the scene made Samantha felt..warm. Though death had come this day there was a big silver lining in this. They had managed to still save Tomoya's mother and both of them would be able to get to know her this time around. She wished Tomo didn't have to go through the pain of losing her father, but there was nothing they could do about it.

"..We'll see you later Atsuko." She gave Tomoya's hand

Garnet couldn't be much happier. Ariana had joined their family and was adjusting quickly to things. After everything she had been and gone through, Ariana more then deserved it. At the moment, she along with Levante were at the park but there were the children around as well. Mainly, Ariana, Lance, Larania, along with Reizo and Suki.

The last two lived with a kind old man named Ryo who the group knew roughly a year back or so. Tomoya had mentioned about Reizo and his family once so it was somewhat of a surprise they still ended up in the same place. If Garnet didn't know any better, she would think someone was pulling strings but she didn't have any proof of it.

Reizo was sitting a bit by himself, while Suki was playing with a red fire truck in the sandbox, in overalls and two pig-tails. Reizo just had jeans and a blue t-shirt on. It wasn't until Suki noticed the others, but Ariana more since she was new.

"Hey, there's a new girl. Let's go meet her Reizo."

"W-wait.."

Reizo's protest was in vain, as his stronger sister dragged him by the hand but he wasn't resisting too much. Suki had on a bright smile as she greeted Ariana who was with the others. "Hi! My name is Suki, what's your name?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-06, 3:35 pm

Ariana blinked, and shied away from them a bit, hiding behind her aunt Larania, until the Seraph/Nosferatu hybrid gently pushed her forward. "Um... hi.... I'm Ariana..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-06, 5:11 pm

Suki smiled, but noticed Reizo. "Don't just be quite, say something dummy."

"Oh, uh, hi Ariana. My name is Reizo." It was about as good as he was going to give at the moment, Suki just wished her brother wasn't so shy about things.

"Reizo is just shy. Come on Ariana, I'll show you..
" Suki lost her trail of thought for a moment, picking up. "..I'll show you Meg and my awesome fire truck." Once more, Reizo was dragged along, but this was normal for them. She did motion for Ariana and the other two to come along. Lance and Larania were friends too.

In the sandbox was a bright, red fire truck and off the corner was a Weedle happily chewing a large tree branch. It was cute, in a strange sort of way.

"That's Meg." Suki said, pointing to the Weedle who had stopped savaging the tree branch and made its way over to the group of children.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-06, 7:34 pm

Ariana looked at the pokemon oddly, then turned to Suki. "...What is it?"

"It's a Pokemon, Aria. They are like pets, but depending on who the trainer is, they can be much more than that. Partners in battle, close friends, or both."

"...That thing fights?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-06, 7:54 pm

Suki just nodded. "Yep, she does. She doesn't look it but she's strong. It's a Pokemon like she said, but its name is called Weedle. I gave her the name Meg because it sounds better and more original. This is the first time you've ran into one?"

'Meg' just watched Ariana curiously.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-06, 7:58 pm

Ariana nodded slowly. "...I've never heard of them... do... do they all look like giant bugs?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-07, 5:41 pm

Suki shook her head. "Nope. Some look like dogs, dragons..rabbits.." She tried to think of some more. "Cats too. They look like all sorts of stuff. There's even one that looks like metal."

During this, Reizo had noticed Ariana seemed a bit uncomfortable about Meg. "Hey Suki, maybe it would be a good idea to get Meg to back up a bit. Not everyone is used to her."

His sister thought about it a bit longer and shrugged. "C'mon Meg, give her a bit of space." The Pokemon complied, and moved away, going back to its spot to savage the tree branch again. "So whatcha two been up to?" She asked, in reference to Lance and his sister.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-07, 6:17 pm

Lance simply shrugged, while his young aunt smiled. "Mom is teachin' me how to fight. I can't learn all that much yet, cause I'm just a kid, but dad has taught me how to fire a gun."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-07, 10:03 pm

Suki became a bit more interested in this as she talked. "Guns? What kind of guns? Is it like those.." She was trying to think. "A pistol?"

Reizo in the mean time had sat down not that far from Ariana and Suki. He grabbed a notepad and began drawing or writing something down. They seemed to be content more or less with just hanging around the others.

No matter how much they may have wanted or didn't want too, time past quickly and before they knew it had been a whole other two years had past. There were a few things that had changed, but for the most part life continued as it normally did for the growing and strange 'family' that formed over the time. In an ironic twist of fate, not only had Kieth Everhart, a young man Tomoya knew from his time ended up in the circle, but so did Adell--only this time he was with the Kurosaki family. That was quite different from Tomoya's realm where he had ended up as Samantha's son.

There were still some events and things to change, but since they couldn't control when certain things happened the best they could do was wait.

At current, Ariana along with her aunt and brother were with the Kannon family once again. This time in their backyard, Ryo was watching over them at the moment. Meg during the two years had 'evolved' into Kakuna, and as a result it seemed Ariana's weariness around them had vanished compared to what it once was.

Though none of them knew there was danger lurking just around the corner.

Suki was looking over something in a book and showing the others while Reizo was trying to get his nerve up about a subject on his mind. However, the peace was interrupted quickly and violently. There was a crash of something as the fence was broken, Ryo barely had time to react before a black mist covered the area, he began coughing and fell to his knee's, but strangely the kids weren't as effected as much.

"Granpa!" Suki and Reizo shouted at the same time. Before they could move three figures appeared, being just silhouttes at first in the darkness. Two were male(one built like a brick house and the other a bit on the skinny side) and the other was a pale blond woman.

"We'll, we'll, they don't look like much. But orders are orders. The human girl is useless but the others can be trained to become part of the boss' forces." The woman said, smiling. "Consider all yourselves lucky. My name is Mami, Kenji is the big guy and Han the smaller one. You should be honored; you're strong enough to be part of something big."

Reizo didn't care about that, he saw his grandfather on the ground and got angry. "Get out the way! I'm not going with you!"

Mami was just amused, looking coy. "Or what little boy? Not much you can do." She noticed the Kakuna at the far distance and smirked. "Oh. You seem angry, but can't move too much can you? Kenji, please show the children a good time I doubt they'll come quietly but be gentle."

The mountain of a man shrugged and stepped forward. "Which one of you brats wants to come first? I don't got time for this shit, just come and save the trouble."

Meg..had to do something but she could barely move in this form and it wouldn't do well for combat. There had to be some way she could protect her own. Her species were notoriously instinctively and protective of what they considered as such. In the wild it may have been the hive, or queen. In this case, Ariana, Lance and everyone present belonged to the 'protect' catergory; the woman and hers were violent intruders that had to be dealt with.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-08, 4:47 am

Ariana bit her lip, and pushed Lance behind her, while grabbing Reizo and Suki's sleeves and pulling them back a bit. Larania, however, narrowed her eyes and stepped forward. She may have been only nine years old, but she was a potent combination of Seraph and Nosferatu; the daughter of the head Seraph in heaven, Tanarin, and the borderline psychopathic head of the Brunel family, Levante. She wasn't about to step down, taking a fighting stance. It wasn't perfect, but it was impressive for a nine year old. The slightly deranged smirk she adopted could only be hereditary.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-08, 5:22 am

Kenji blinked a bit, surprised, then chuckled. "Oh, she's got spunk at least. I'll go easy on ya and be a good sport." He was ordered to be gentle with the brats anyway so it worked out for the best. He charged forward, not near his fastest and swung at the half-breed.

Mami shook her head. "We don't have time for this. Han, take the others."

The other member said something, but soon their shirt ripped and clothes were torn as they grew taller. They stood roughly about 6'4 now, bulging muscle with green skin along with lizard-like features. "I'll make thisss quick." Their voice was a menacing growl with a slight hiss in it.

Without warning, Han turned his attention to the other three children. Meg could see what was happening but was still having trouble moving. Despite her best efforts she found her current body unable to do much, making it to where she could only watch as the intruder threatened her own. Something close to despair welled into the small Pokemon.

Han's slowly stalked towards them. Meg could pick up the fear coming off Ariana, Reizo and Suki as the lizard creature came closer. The feeling of despair was quickly being replaced by something stronger and more tangible; more natural to Meg.

Rage. Pure, almost animistic protective rage.

The intruder wouldn't make another step.

She wouldn't allow it.

Han was a few steps closer when he felt a strong energy presence from behind it. Turning around, it saw Meg, now different. Floating was armored Beedrill, its black exosleton looking like a hardy armor. The two 'sword like' stingers were present but seemed larger and had more width then normal. It still had the same eye color of normal Beedrill's with the red eyes. However, in contrast with the black they seemed to stand out which Han had noted something else.

There was no denying in the eyes. From an animal to animal instinct he understood instantly: He was just a threat to be removed.

Mami was briefly surprised but continued. "It's just a single Beedrill, kill it and grab the brats!"

Han shook off his hesitation, his tongue snaking out to grab Ariana-

And then, seemingly impossibly, Meg had moved fast enough to stop. Or rather her stinger stabbed through the tongue.

"Arghhh!" Han screamed.

Meg wasn't done, and with the first attack she made, yanked up, dragging Han upward in the air before bringing him down. He slammed hard enough on the ground to make a crater.

If one hadn't guessed, it seemed Meg wasn't happy.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-08, 5:34 am

Ariana was, to say the least, shocked. Lance was wide eyed as well, clinging to his sister. Larania, however, was more focused on the guy charging toward her. Well, she wasn't going to have any of that. No, she'd do what her mother taught her. She shot forward to meet her opponent, and leapt up and to the side at the last second. She grabbed his hair as she went up, and her momentum, and the swing of her legs, caused her to swing around. She then twisted her body downward. As a result, she looped around the back of the mans hand and swung both feet down... into the man's crotch, which she kicked off of to gain distance. "Sorry about that, I can be a little nutty!" Was hard to say which parent would claim responsibility for the pun.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-09, 1:55 am

Kenji was taken back by this, he didn't expect the brat to really have any skill at all. There was some deep latent power in them he could tell, but he didn't expect anything like this. As such, when the hybrid did her attack, he was taken off guard completely. That and the fact he was hit in his private area.

His eyes widened, and the pain kicked in, slowing him down. It also pissed them off. "You fucking brat!" Forget being gentle, them getting roughed up wasn't going to hurt them that much. Kenji shed his human guise, appearing as a large hulking orc with gray skin tone.

He didn't take a few more steps towards the girl before Meg attacked them rather savagely. Kenji tried to ward the attacks off, but they were much faster then they were, his swipes and blows hitting air. Meg attacked at angles with her sharp blades, moving to one area one second to the next, seemingly always one step ahead of Kenji.

The orc snarled, swiping at them again and hitting air as Meg backed away. Kenji didn't take a few more steps forward before he slowed down; then collapsed face first. They had succumbed to the multiple wounds they had received from Meg, not that anyone would know the attack itself was 'Fury Attack' which was aptly named. Suki sort of watched in awe, watching Meg go.

Mami backed up a bit, shocked. "..How the hell is some newly evolved Beedrill that hasn't been trained that strong?" She said more to herself. "Doesn't matter. If that's how you want to play.."

Like her friends, her form too changed from human. In its place was a humanoid woman with centepede features, they looked for lack of a better word creepy as well as incredibly hideous. The mandible mouth didn't help.

"Much better. Maybe I'll just eat you brats instead."

It seemed that was the wrong thing to say, whether Meg understood or not. Meg ignored the other downed thugs and attacked, the blade arms turning green from her attack. Mami managed to dodge, jumping in the air.

"You can't beat me with such an simple attack!"
She boasted, landing on a tree and then lunged at Ariana and Lance, mandible wide. "I'll devour you all!"

Mami was pulled back by a string of web, realizing at the last moment Meg had used string shot. The centepede woman was yanked back roughly up into the air and then pulled back to the ground and into the tree. The impact cracked it and made a slight crunch sound. Mami was unconscious, but her many legs twitched from time to time.

Though pleased, Meg wasn't content just leaving them. So she used string shot on the others,tying them to a tree; the other two were upside down. All and all, they looked like mummies besides the head not being covered.

Suki watched Meg for a bit before getting over her shock. "R-Reiz, go check on granpa and go call somebody on the phone."

"Okay!" Reizo ran over to their grandfather, he was alive judging by his breathing. Then he quickly went to a phone to call somebody over. There was that..Nobus to pick people like that up right?

Meg made her way over to the children, just to check on up on them. Meg was just happy she was able to protect her family; the new more movebale form was merely a bonus.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-09, 2:55 am

Surprisingly, or not, Ariana rushed forward and actually hugged the pokemon, being careful of it's spikes. "Th-thank you... I thought.... I thought I was going to be taken away..." She had been terrified, honestly, of being taken away from the family and friends she loved; from the family she'd wished for her entire life. Terrified she'd be taken to a place similar to where she'd been abused. Lance followed Ariana, while Larania calmly walked over... after delivering multiple blows to the crotch areas of the two male attackers. She didn't know if it had any effect, but she hoped so.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-03-09, 3:53 am

Meg simply relaxed under the hug, she seemed to be enjoying it. Reizo came back a bit later after having ran into the house after checking on their grandfather to make sure he was all right.

"How is grandpa?" Suki asked quietly.

Reizo shook his head a bit. "He's..okay. Just that stuff knocked him out. We just have to wait for them to get here.."

Suki nodded a bit, turning to Meg and patting her on the head. "You're awesome Meg, you know that?"

About ten minutes later, not only did Nobus show up, but some medical personnel, mostly for Ryo and to see if anyone was hurt. Meg didn't really allow anyone near the kids at first before Suki told them to relax. After that, they stayed close to Ariana, Lance and Suki. Ryo himself would need some rest, but it was mandatory he'd check into a hospital as a just in case. The suspects were dragged away; they wouldn't be seeing the light of day anytime soon after what happened.

Naturally, this attracted others. That was to say, mainly Levante and Gareth who had noticed something up(Mainly Nobus was nearby, they hadn't known it was at the Kannon home). Levante had been seriously worried at first but he got a short abridged version the Kannon family was involved but no one was seriously hurt, and instantly after hearing it rushed to check on his grandchildren and daughter.

He appeared through the shadows, along with Gareth. "Is everyone all right? What happened?"

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   

Back to top Go down

Not As Expected
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next