The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Not As Expected

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-25, 2:58 pm

Gareth rubbed his temples. "..I don't know what stroke of luck that brought you to us but I'm glad you did come. For Xavier, if me or Levante are there that should be enough to put him down if the main problem is just putting him down for good."

Samantha nodded. "One thing at a time." She was more worried about about the thing with Ariana, but there wasn't a lot they could do about it for now. "None of your other friends are born yet we haven't met?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-25, 3:03 pm

Tomoya chuckled slightly. "Pretty much, though I could be forgetting some people. I know alot of different people, so it's hard to keep track sometimes, especially when I'm kinda focused on helping who I can. There are some people that I wish I could help, but I don't know how. ANd even if I did... not really sure I should. Adell and Yulina, for example. THey... they were really happy, so I think it would be wrong to try and 'fix' their pasts, even if I knew how."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-27, 12:40 pm

Samantha and Gareth had no clue who Adell and Yulina were, but Samantha was the first to ask. "Who are they Tomoya? I think this is the first time you mentioned an Adell or Yulina."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-27, 12:45 pm

Tomoya actually smirked slightly. "Adell and Yulina, I consider them family. Adell the brother I never had, and Yulina the little sister I never had. They are, in my home realm, your kids. Adopted, but still your kids."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 6:39 pm

(Gonna go with the time skip to keep things moving)

Two years had passed and gone with something's changing for the group of friends that were more like a family. Garnet and Vargus had gotten married within those two years to make it more official, as had Tanarin and Levante. The later had a daughter and Garnet was expecting, becoming just slightly more moody then normal but otherwise she was her normal sweet self. It was also no surprise Samantha and Tomoya married to. All for Gareth that is, all of them had found somebody to settle down with.

At the moment Samantha and the others were hanging around each other at the moment like they tended to do. It was at Levante's mansion. Garnet was on the couch with Samantha talking to her while Gareth was around. Levante was playing with Ignis, Karin and his daughter, who was two.

Kanzi wasn't sure what had brought her here in New York, she was on her normal business of traveling around, having came back with discussing things with Lord Reifer and his wife. The council was a pain to deal with due to the older generation that should have long been out of power long ago. There were exceptions to that of course, such as Seigan, Hojo and herself but even still.

She had planned on going to take a flight home when she passed by an orphanage that was a bit run down. It wasn't as if she was hurting for money(quite the opposite) so she decided to see if she could see about helping the place if it was as bad of shape as it seemed on the outside. With that in mind, she headed in to talk to the headmaster and see, not sure what exactly she'd expect to see.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 7:42 pm

Tomoya, at the moment, was out training with Vargus. He'd wanted to work on his Shinigami powers more, especially now that Shiro was actively helping him. As he put it, making sure they were both strong enough to protect the others was the most important thing. Vargus made for a good sparing partner, as well as teaching Tomoya to adapt to situations. Such as being swung around like a lasso by his ankle and thrown into a tree. Tomoya was glad for the lesson.

~~~~~

As Kanzi stepped into the orphanage, she'd see children playing, as children do. There were only a few, maybe nine or ten... eleven, as a little girl hurriedly waddled around the corner, giggling as she 'ran' down the hall, only to trip over her own feet and fall to the moderately clean floor. The inside was a bit more well maintained than the outside. The little girl simply laid on the floor, face pressed to it, her cat-like tail perfectly rigid and her ears perked. THen, she began to wiggle about, tail twitching, and she let out a strange mewling noise, which grew into a cry. She rolled onto her back, eyes swimming with tears as she held her now red nose.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 7:57 pm

Gareth and Samantha went outside, wanting to see what Tomoya and Vargus were progressing. It was nothing they hadn't already seen before but at the same time it was nice to see how things were coming along.

Kanzi blinked at the scene, but a slow smile formed as she went over and crouched down by the young neko. "You hurt yourself little one?" There was something about the girl that drew Kenzi to her, besides the fact she seemed to have bruised her nose a bit but she couldn't explain what exactly.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 8:11 pm

The little neko looked at Kanzi through her watery eyes, and sniffled slightly. "Da gwound hid me in da fathe..." She got a strangely serious look on her face, scrunching it up. "Da gwound ith evil. Evil!" She wriggled on the floor, waving her little arms and legs about cutely, letting out a frustrated sound. "Evil, evil, evil! Da gwound ith evil! Wanna thmack it in da fathe!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 8:32 pm

Kanzi couldn't help it. She laughed. It was a nice, short pleasant laugh and her eyes lit up a bit, she was already starting to like the child. "Hm..that could be a problem with a evil floor. My name is Kanzenabi but many just call me Kanzi, can I ask for your name young lady?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 8:45 pm

The little girl paused in her ranting, still laying on her back on the floor, and just looked at Kanzi. After a moment, she rolled onto her stomach, and managed to push herself into a sitting position. "Um, I'm Ayanee... erm... Aiya. Evewybody calls me Aiya. I can't thay my name..." She pouted at this, but someone came to her rescue.

"Her name is Aiyana Laleh, ma'am. May I help you?" A man had approached, and Aiyana's face lit up when she saw him, holding her arms in the air. The man immediately picked her up, placing her on his shoulders, causing her to throw her arms out and cry out in excitement at the height. "I'm Headmaster Yuri, by the way. I run this orphanage."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 9:26 pm

Kanzi smiled at the adorable girl. "Nice to meet you, I think we could be very good friends Aiyana." She was going to say more when a man came into the picture, they seemed normal enough so she didn't pick up anything out of the ordinary with them. At least not yet.

She stood up, extending her hand. "Kanzenabi Taisho." She knew that name would likely ring some bells, but if it did or not wasn't her concern. "This is a nice orphanage you have here, I was just coming in to see if I could help with anything. Though.." She trailed off. "In my short time here, I think I may see about the adoption process here."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 9:34 pm

The man blinked, surprised. "Oh my, really? Who? Had I known you were here earlier, I would have tried to show you around, and introduce you to all of the children. Anyway, excuse my rambling. Who was it that had caught your eye? They are all very good children; I'm sure a woman of your distinguished background would be well able to take care of any of these kids." He seemed excited by the prospect of one of the children being adopted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 10:08 pm

Kanzi didn't have to think too long about her answer. "I was actually thinking about adopting the little one on your shoulder. We don't know each other as well but she has a very charming spirit to her. I'd like to fix that."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 10:21 pm

The man was visibly surprised. "I see... I'm sorry, but I'm apprehensive. You are not the first person to express interest in adopting Aiyana, and the others, it was for less than savory reasons. This is a bad neighborhood, and people here seem to have... issues, with non-humans, or are interested in restarting that ancient practice some countries had of having Wildkin as pets or slaves." Aiyana gave him a confused look, and he lightly squeezed her leg. He also lightly rubbed the bare skin, which seemed to make Aiyana relax more, despite being a tad bit... odd. "I don't mean to suspect you, but I would like to make sure that you are not intending any harm, before I agree to the adoption."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 11:37 pm

Kanzi was watching the man carefully, there was just something nagging at her but she couldn't say anything for sure just yet. "I understand. I'm completely all right with going through the full process with no special treatment. " She frowned visibly at the last part. "..People interested in starting old traditions? That is not comforting, though this is the first time I've heard of anything like that enough to be a problem. It's usually with fringe groups and this being New York which is a racial melting pot..it's odd, even if this isn't the best neighborhood. Nowhere is perfect, but still."

Something about things didn't..sit right with her.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-28, 11:54 pm

The man nodded slightly. "Yes... well, I have forms for you to fill out. If everything checks out alright, then I'll file the paperwork of the adoption." He took Aiyana off his shoulders, setting her on the ground gently. "Run along, Aiyana, play with your friends for a bit. Lady Taisho, do you wish to fill out the paperwork in my office, where I can answer any questions you may have about the process? Or would you prefer to sit with the children while filling out the forms?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-29, 12:39 am

Kanzi thought about it. Getting him in a slightly more private setting may be for the best as she'd get to know this 'Headmaster' more. She had no reason to be suspicious of him, not really besides just a feeling. "I'd like to finish doing paperwork in your office, just in case I have any questions."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-29, 12:50 am

The man nodded, and led the way to his office. He pulled a form packet from a filing cabinet, handed it to Kanzi, and then sat down at his desk. "Please, fill them out at your leisure. I'll need to check on the children every five minutes though. I have employee's to watch them, but I prefer to check with my own eyes. Children are notorious for getting into trouble quickly."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-29, 5:13 pm

Kanzi began filling out the form, thinking of what she was going to ask the man, there were a couple of things really. Some she'd have to wait until she knew more but for now, just a few probing here and there.

"If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been working in this line of work?" She asked interested, still doing the forms almost idly. Compared to much of the stuff she had to do, doing this was about as hard as writing the alphabet.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-29, 6:12 pm

The man blinked in surprise, then smiled. "Ah, about thirty-two years. I opened this place when I was twenty-seven, and I'm fifty-nine now, though I don't look it. I'm a vampire, you see. And just in case you are wondering, I don't feed from the children. Not only could it hurt them, since they don't have as much blood in their bodies, but it just seems wrong to do it. Anyway, had a couple groups of kids pass through in that time. Makes me... well, it's sad, getting attached and then losing them when they leave, but..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-29, 8:31 pm

Kanzi was still finishing up the form, the answers coming easily enough. "I understand. It's hard letting go when you finally get attached to them, and being the head of the orphanage I'm not entirely sure could adopt some of them." She finished up the application and gave it to vampire. "If you don't mind me asking, what race of vampire are you?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-29, 8:37 pm

He seemed confused by the question, but shrugged. "My father was a Dark Shroud vampire, but I'm not sure what my mother was, exactly. She was a half vampire herself, and never knew her parents; she was raised in an orphanage. It's part of why I opened this one."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-29, 9:08 pm

"I see."
Kanzi said, already thinking of a few things. "I know an application can't begin to possibly answer everything so if there's more questions you want to ask now would be the time. If you like, you or one of your employee's can visit where I live."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-29, 9:15 pm

He nodded, and stood, holding out his hand to shake. "Of course. Things seem fine for now, but if there is anything, I'll send someone to talk to you. The adoption process can take months, I'm afraid, but feel free to visit. Not before eight AM or after ten PM though, as the kids would be in bed."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   2012-01-29, 9:34 pm

Kazenabi shook his hand. "I'll hold you to it and I will be back when I can. It was nice meeting you. I need to get going, but I will be back." The meeting hadn't really proven anything out of the ordinary and she certainly couldn't say something was off without any real evidence. It was nothing more then a theory, and as smart as Kanzi was, she wasn't able to read minds.

So for now she left.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not As Expected   

Back to top Go down

Not As Expected
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next