The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Growing Pains

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-18, 4:03 pm

Sheila stuck to Reyna like glue after that, not that it was too surprising. Once the three of them finally got their ice cream and ate that, it was decided to leave the beach for now. Kieth Did say he was going to introduce Reyna to Felecia when he got the chance.

When they got inside the small bakery shop, the old woman was there in the midst of something when she noticed the three and smiled. "Ah. My favorite customer, couldn't stay away?"

"Never for long, I go through withdraws. You know that." Felecia chuckled at that and put away what she was working on to come from behind the counter.

"Good to see you again too little one." Feleica said to Sheila warmly, then addressed Reyna, holding out a hand. "I'm Felecia, nice to meet you."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-18, 4:56 pm

Reyna simply smiled, shaking Felicia's hand without hesitation. It was a real testament to how far she'd come, no longer blindly hating humans like she once did. "Reyna Amiel, nice to meet you as well."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-23, 7:31 pm

The older woman smiled in turn. "Like wise. I've been wanting to meet you, especially since Kieth mentioned you along with his other friends." She, thankfully to Kieth's relief didn't tease him too much about things. "We'll, anyway come now. I don't want to be a rude hostess." The old woman motioned for the three to have a seat, Kieth had to help Sheila up but she didn't mind. Ever since that talk she had become even more comfortable around the two. Kieth was somewhat surprised at this, and at the same time not. Maybe she just needed a more relaxed environment after all.

Felicia briefly vanished behind the counter and doors of her bakery, coming back with some lemonade for everyone, setting it down in the middle. "Hm..I seem to have forgotten something.." She went by Sheila, and using the old 'coin out of ear trick' but this time it was a large chocolate chip cookie. There was no mistaking it, it was a real magic trick of some kind. "Ah! There it is. You've been holding onto it for me, so I'll let you keep it."

Sheila just watched part confusion and wonder. "How did you do that?"

She tapped her lips in response. "Secret. I'll tell you one day though, promise."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-23, 8:00 pm

Reyna chuckled a bit at that. Sheila had really grown on her in such a short time... she had to admit, she already saw Sheila as a daughter. Kieth... Kieth was the 'issue.' She loved him, she knew that, but in a platonic way. Could that grow into something more though? Perhaps... perhaps it was time she tried to find out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-24, 2:02 am

Feleicia continued to enjoy the three's company, until it was time for her to get back to working again. She unfortunately couldn't stay for too long, business was business and she couldn't let her hired help do everything. It wouldn't be fair in her mind. So the three had to leave after, but Kieth didn't mind. It was probably about time to head back home anyway.

To be honest, he was just very happy at the moment. Sheila had opened up to him more and even called him 'daddy'. Reyna was with him, and while she saw him as just a friend, she was still around and he'd be happy with that at least. His feelings hadn't gone away, but he didn't try to make it obvious. If something happened, it would happen, but it would be on her own terms.

When they got home, Sheila released his hand.

"You have fun today Sheila?"

Sheila nodded her head happily. "Mhmm! Felecia is really nice too." She didn't want to admit she was tired despite her enthusiam just now. Sheila rather stay up with her family then go back to sleep.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-24, 9:14 am

Reyna took a seat nearby on the couch, relaxing a bit, and sighing contently. Today had been a good day, to be sure... well, both days. She had no intention of leaving again anytime soon if she could help it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-24, 8:07 pm

Sheila didn't last too much longer, and reluctantly gave in, allowing herself to be tucked in by Kieth. She was out like a light just a few minutes later; she was obviously worn out from the day. Kieth smiled watching her sleep a bit before leaving the room, gently closing the door behind him not to wake his daughter up. Spotting Reyna, he went to sit nearby.

"One heck of a day. I'm glad Sheila seemed to get over hang ups." Keith said. "We'll, most of them anyway."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-24, 8:59 pm

Reyna nodded softly, smiling. "Yes... she's not the only one with hang ups though." She shifted closer to Kieth, turning toward him and placing her hand on his. "Kieth, we need to seriously talk about things. About 'us', and what we are."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-24, 10:19 pm

Kieth almost felt his heart jump to his throat. He wasn't the shy type, so he wasn't sure why Reyna made him feel like that, was it just because of his feelings or something else?

He forced his brain to work. "..Okay."

Just hear what she has to say first then speak my piece.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-24, 10:49 pm

Reyna sighed a bit. "Kieth, I have to ask first, why me? You said that you love me, but I have to say, I'm not sure why, despite the things I say and the way I act. Why me? Why would you fall for someone like me?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-25, 4:58 pm

Kieth chuckled slightly then sighed. "Does anyone really know exactly why? I wish I could give you an exact answer, but I'll try. When we first met, I didn't like you much but the feeling was mutual. It wasn't until I got to see past your attitude that I got see what else was there. I slowly started to genuinely care about you, and when we started to really become friends, and got to see the real you..I guess the rest is history. I never really thought you were a bad person deep down, that's probably the real reason I put up with things, even back then. Regardless, you're not the same person then, you are now."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-25, 5:01 pm

Reyna smiled a bit, nodding. "I suppose... Kieth, did I ever actually tell you why I couldn't return your feelings, or about what happened between me and Cedrick's father? Did I ever explain myself?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-25, 5:04 pm

Kieth thought about it, then shook his head. "No, you didn't. I could have asked, but I felt that was your business. So I didn't press, I figured things needed to come on your own time."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-25, 5:15 pm

Reyna sighed softly, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, Kieth. I should have told you, so that you could better understand why I couldn't accept your feelings. What you need to understand, is that Cedrick's father... it was the first time I really gave a human a chance. He had seemed so different from the idea I had in my head... I'd come to think that perhaps I was wrong about humans, that my childhood experiences had blinded me. I trusted him, gave him my heart. I ended up needing to leave, because I had enemies that would no doubt try and harm them, so I intended to return once I'd dealt with them. Except, he had changed. Something about seeing the differences in his own daughter from himself, I suppose that was the cause." She sat back.

"He began to abuse her. Eventually, I learned of this, and... well, you know the rest. Kieth, for the longest time, I've felt that opening myself up to someone was just asking to be hurt again. However..." She paused, and turned to him, smiling very warmly, while giving his hand a squeeze. "Kieth, after all the time I've spent with you, and knowing how you feel about me... I do live you as a friend, but... I've been thinking that maybe... maybe I should try... and see if that friendship could..." She caught herself subconsciously leaning in, her eyes locked on Kieth's. 'Am I... trying to kiss him? ...Maybe it's for the best. I need to know... maybe...'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-25, 6:02 pm

At that moment, Kieth found himself drawn to Reyna as she leaned in, his heart was beating a bit faster, barely able to keep his excitement in check. It wasn't his first kiss or anything like that, but this was with someone he really cared about and had strong feelings for. Their lips couldn't be more then a few feet apart when both of them heard a crash of something, sounding like breaking glass followed by a scream of Sheila's.

Kieth stopped instantly, getting up, and without thought rushed to the room which was already empty when he came. The window had been broken in, but there were figures in the distance; he could see Sheila carried away by a man in a black body suit, there were about five more of them. That didn't matter to Kieth at the moment.

"Son of a bitch." Kieth snarled, not going to let him get away as he jumped out the window, spreading his wings and taking off after Sheila and her kidnapper, who was going from roof tops. The other five moved fast, far too fast to move human but instead of all following Kieth, simply two went to follow, the others made sure Reyna didn't get in the way.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-25, 6:26 pm

Reyna was silent for a moment, before standing slowly, and marching out the front door. SHe closed her eyes, concentrating for a moment, and her gems glowed brightly, power flooding through her. Then she turned toward where Sheila had been taken, and took off, fully intent to plow through anything in her way. Not only had these bastards just kidnapped Sheila, but they had interrupted a rather important moment between her and Kieth. Someone was going to pay.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-25, 6:47 pm

The strange men in black body suits didn't seem to want Reyna to follow as they blocked their path. It was hard to tell exactly what race they were, even with Reyna's ability to see what someone was, it was as if it was being masked.

"You're not going anywhere, Devil." O
ne of the men said cooly. "Desist, or be removed."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-25, 7:07 pm

Reyna, seeing the men, sped up instead of stopping. She moved as fast as she could, putting all her strength into a punch aimed at the middle man's stomach. At the same time, both hands were glowing a bright, reddish purple. She spun after the strike, and held out her hands, bolts of the strange energy shooting from them, forming strange, runic circles on the ground. She didn't bother to stop, going with her momentum and continuing after the man who had Shiela.

Out of one circle, rose three armored Dragonkin, strange creatures that looked like humanoid dragons, aside from each being a little over nine feet tall. From the other circle, however, flew a succubus, who glanced around, before sighing. "Ugh, Mistress summoned us for this? I swear, this is so far below my league, it's pitiful. Oh, the scalies are here! Well that's fun. Maybe I can play with them after. Oi, scalies, let's be quick, hm?" The Dragonkin looked up at the succubus, and spoke in some strange language, before drawing their swords, advancing on the black-suited men, while the succubus' claws extended.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-28, 4:53 am

The attack connected with the man, who grunted and smashed into and through a pole but they were back onto their feet as if nothing happened a few moments later, frowning at the summons. They needed to get this out the way.

As was, Reyna was much faster then Kieth was, which is why she caught up with the kidnapper quickly, leaving Kieth behind as she passed him. Realizing this, they stopped during their other jumps to roof top to roof top, turning to her. They held the terrified child in their arms, a slight clawed hand at her throat.

"Stop."
They said cooly. "Unless you want her throat split, I suggest you don't move any further."

They weren't bluffing.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-28, 10:03 am

Reyna froze in her tracks upon seeing this, and glared at the man. "Considering the fact that it's fairly obvious who sent you, why? He sent you to retrieve her, yet you are willing to kill her... what, for your own safety?" She had to think of a plan... something...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-28, 12:40 pm

"You answered the question yourself." The man said simply, unmoving. "It's an job. Nothing more, nothing less."

Kieth by this time had finally caught up, landing, he snarled seeing Sheila. "You're a damned coward hiding behind my daughter." The only thing that kept him in place was Sheila and the position she was in, he couldn't reach her in time. He definitely wasn't fast enough to do the 'attack before he knew what happened' sort of thing.

"It doesn't matter what you think, it changes nothing."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-28, 9:18 pm

Reyna placed her hands on her hips, and sighed heavily. "No, no it doesn't. You're actually ruthless enough to murder a child just to save your own hide." She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose, murmuring to herself. "Better me than Sheila..." She suddenly was just there, quickly pulling the man's hands away from Sheila, releasing them, catching Sheila, and then unceremoniously threw the young girl straight toward Kieth, all in an unbelievably quick moment. The only issue was that, while she'd gotten Sheila out of harms way, she was in the thick of it, and momentarily defenseless because of her focus on freeing Sheila.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-28, 10:57 pm

"Gotcha!" Kieth caught Sheila easy enough without much of any trouble, the little girl instantly clinging to him in a death grip. If Kieth had been a normal human, with Sheila's strength he'd be uncomfortable to say the least.

The man on the other hand, instead of taking Reyna hostage had another idea. Doing so would at most delay things. There were a couple of factors in his decision. For one, the woman was stronger then him, he wouldn't have been able to pierce her flesh if he wanted to, even in the same angle he had Sheila in. Even if the woman didn't know that and complied, it would again at best by time and he needed to report back.

No, not report back, Braxus would be displeased to say the least. Lastly, they had no intention of killing Sheila in the first place, despite their act. It was just to buy time.

With those in mind, he simply kicked Reyna away and towards Kieth's position, who had to adjust to grab her before she went flying off the roof. The man however had tossed a black ball on the ground, kicking up smoke.

When it vanished, he was gone.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-03-28, 11:45 pm

Reyna straightened, clearing her throat a bit. "Well... that was rude. Least the bastard is gone." She turned to Kieth and Shiela, and sighed, reaching out to run her fingers through Sheila's hair. "And at least you're safe..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   2012-04-06, 8:12 pm

Sheila still had a death grip on Kieth, but she seemed to relax a bit more once Reyna was there and close. Kieth was just glad both of them were okay, he almost forgot the fact Reyna was still in a bikini and had been fighting the whole time in one. If it weren't for what just happened moments ago, he'd find Reyna still very distracting(still did) but he had other things on his mind.

"Let's go home." Kieth was relieved Sheila or Reyna hadn't gotten hurt at all, it could have been at lot worse. No doubt all that noise among other things would probably get the police or Nobus to check things out soon enough. While Sheila still had a grip on him, something ocured to him as he didn't see. "..What happened to those other men?"

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   

Back to top Go down

Growing Pains
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next