The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Just A Day In The Office

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-18, 7:18 pm

Commander Ronald was having a bit of a bad day.

This wasn't anything new, things at work had the tendency to go very well or very poorly depending on what exactly what was going on. Just last week there had been some giant monster attack all the way in San Francisco of all places. That never happened. They had to scramble to send GUARD there by some exotic means. If teleportation and the like weren't around he could safely say it would have been a bitch to micro-manage those things.

That and other governments pestered them about it. Ronald had been around the block for a long time, he knew what would likely happen if they did get their hands on such techology. Nobus was far ahead of the rest of earth with their tech, and people of power of course wanted a taste of it as well. That was something he wasn't going to let happen. Nobus was purely established to protect the races living in the earth realm, not another bunch of political games.

I need a drink.

There was other crazy things going around. Non sentient monsters appearing activity was starting to pick up a bit, more people from other realms were starting to pop up. He hadn't hear a peep out of the Mystics for a bit, so at least that was good. Ronald could feel it in his bones though. Something was coming and it was big.

Why couldn't it just be a bunch of beautiful alien women peacefully coming to earth needing men to repopulate their planet?

Ah. Maybe later.

Leaning back into his chair, he looked through the data pad. Nothing new was in reports, but they finally had some good news. Father Malcalv, a rather sore part and overall pain in the ass had finally been found. He was in charge of a particular Order of hunters. Ronald couldn't be bothered to give a fuck about the rogue hunters, they to him were basically the same: either captured or destroyed.

It was just a matter of careful planning, but he had a idea of who to send. He hit the com under his desk.

"I want all the members of Aegis in my office ASAP."

"I will do what I can if they're in the building commander."
The voice sounded like a female computer; probably because it was. The AI that assisted in certain things in the building.

"You're a doll Jess. Thanks." He clicked off the com and waited.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 2:40 am

Motoko Kusanagi was in the shooting range when her built in M.P.D. beeped at her. She activated the system, and upon getting the message, she quickly holstered her weapon. Sure, she had built in weapons now, but it was nice to still carry one. Also made her less threatening when she wanted. She could pretend to be disarmed, and use that to get the drop on an enemy in certain situations. She was about to send word to the rest of her unit, when the room shook as what looked like a massive cannon went off on the firing range.

'...Well, there's one.' She sighed, and moved over to where the cannon was, to find, as suspected, a petite, innocent looking, large breasted blonde woman carrying said cannon as if it was no heavier than a rifle. Niya Kotan, the blonde in question, looked over to Motoko, and smiled.

"Hey, Motoko! I didn't realize you were here." Motoko quirked a brow, amused, but then adopted a more serious expression.

"Afraid this is business, not pleasure, Sergeant." Immediately, the Niya stood at attention, saluting.

"Understood, Major Kusanagi." Motoko had told them they could call her by her first name normally, but when there was work to be done, they would follow S.O.P. at all times unless Motoko said otherwise. Motoko simply nodded to Niya's change in demeanor.

"Commander Patternson wants Aegis in his office ASAP. I know where Lieutenant Akuma is, I'd like you to go retrieve him. Knowing him, his M.P.D. is off right now. I'll get in contact with Maxford, Kazaan, and Fuller. Understood?"

"Understood, Major."

"Good, you may go." Niya nodded, and ran off, taking the massive weapon rig she was wearing with her. Motoko chuckled, then used her M.P.D. to pinpoint the locations of the others, along with sending out a signal to them. If they were paying attention to their M.P.D. then they'd know to come to her location, or contact her through the M.P.D. If not, then she'd know where to find them at least.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 2:50 am

Wednesday was in her lab dancing to Rob Zombie's "Living Dead Girl". She was moving some cultured samples to her microscope When her M.P.D. went off. She barely heard it. She turned on the transmitter "Hello?!" She called over the music, "HELLO?!" She called louder. Then she turned off the music and check the caller.

She quirked an eyebrow and moved to the glass door of her lab. Shedding the lab coat she grabbed her side arm and walked out. She located Matoko and made her way to the firing range. "Hey Major, what's up?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 3:31 am

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

An audible snore emanated from the rooftop. A tall, scruffy man slept on a relic; a lawn chair bought for its novelty. A bawdy magazine covered his face from the clouded sky above. This certainly was not his day off; on any other day that was not bogged down with litigation or field work this was commonly his getaway. When a sudden gust blew the 'reading material' into the air, he reached out to catch it. His reaction time was hindered by the unexpected 'PING' that erupted from his M.P.D. The magazine promptly flew out of his reach and over the roof's edge. The man hopped up from his reclined position and watched the book flicker off toward the distant street far below.

"That... was the latest issue..."

Lars mourned his model mag as it disappeared from sight. He considered using a gust of wind to return it, but decided against using magic for such a frivolous purpose. It wasn't worth the headache. He finally regarded the message his watch relayed. The locator blipped, telling him to head down to the sender's location.

"Thaaanks Major. On my way." He yawned before stepping through the door.

The small room swiftly dropped down various floors. Lars retrieved a small flask from one of his coat pockets and brought it to his lips. His expectancy was replaced by lament. Empty. "Aaaaah, dammit. This day..." He pocketed the flask, wishing he had the time to fill up. He scratched at his beard and considered the time he had left. Nothing he could think of was fast enough to grab a refill before reporting in. He assumed he and his team were about to be dispatched, so, no drinking for a while.

The doors opened to reveal a sullen man. Lars shuffled toward his destination, his hands in his pockets and his shoulders drooped. It wasn't a genuine sadness, he'd actually been rather antsy as of late. The jobs in the past few weeks were progressively escalating in difficulty. He suspected something foul was in the works. Lars snapped back to his usual self as he entered the shooting range.

"Afternoon, Major." He stood upright and saluted. "Orders?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 3:46 am

Darrien thought he had such wonderful dreams, that was why he hated to be woken up.

He was dreaming of how he single-handedly won a case and got promoted, was taking a vacation at the beach with not a care in the world. Oh, and Wednesday was there of course in swim wear along with the other females in his unit. The other men in the unit were around..somewhere, doing whatever it was they did. Sure he cared about them like brothers almost but they simply would get in the way of the scenery of things. It was nothing personal.

And then-

Beep.

Darrien woke up from his sleep with a groan. Ah.always when things get good.

Knowing it was time to get to work, he pushed himself out of bed getting dressed and retrieving his glasses from the night stand. It was time to put on his best business face for the day.

Once he was done, Darrien came down where the Major and the others were in his trademark clothes. The long coat trailing behind him as he had his hands into his pockets. Motoko was there, as was Lars and the beautiful Wednesday but no sign of Akuma or Niya. They would likely come soon though.

He smiled behind his glasses. "I believe I was called down here. Afternoon to the rest of you. I assume this is strictly business?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 4:07 am

Motoko nodded, mentally checking the time. "Correct. Kotan and Akuma should be here shortly, I sent her to find him... ah, there they are."

"Yeah, here we are. Major, do you realize what this idiot did to wake me up?" He pointed at Niya, who waved cheerfully. Motoko just gave him a deadpan look.

"She got you here, which I told her to do. The Commander wants us in his office." Akuma immediately straightened, nodding. "Now that we are all here, let's go. I wasn't given details. Likely sensitive information involved." She led the way to the Commander's office, but along the way, glanced back at Niya, who was walking between Wednesday and Darrien. "...You threw him out the window to wake him, didn't you?"

"Along with his bed, Major, yes. How did you know?"

"He still has glass in his hair, and that's how you woke up Maxford last week." Niya shrugged.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 4:10 am

Wednesday quirked an eyebrow "Hey um, Major? Can you do me a solid and never ever, ever, ever send her to wake me?" She asked as she followed the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 4:20 am

Lars chuckled in both humor and apprehension. "If that's the alternative, I'll set the ol' alarm ev'ry morning..." He set off with the group in a renewed interest. If the whole team was needed, they were about to get a fun assignment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 4:58 am

Ronald was waiting for the group to arrive, his thoughts on everywhere and nothing at once. However, the moment Motoko and everyone else got into the room he gave them their full attention and focused. When he wasn't 'working' Ronald was very laid back and seemingly lazy. On the other hand once he was focused he was much more serious. He still kept aspects of his laid back persona though.

"If I had a nickle for everytime I needed you guys."
Ronald said then got more serious. "All right. I'll get straight to the point. You know about 'Father' Malcav?"

Darrien nodded a bit. "I know of him. He's apparently a 'religious' leader of a certain..branch of hunters. A rather infamous nasty bunch if I do say so."

"Yeah. We didn't know where the bastard's been. He always slipped through the cracks until now. Jess, take it away for me would ya?"

"My pleasure commander." The female computer voice said.

After a moment, a holographic display of Toko appeared in front of them. Darrien was rather glad Nobus technology was that far ahead, it made things that much easier.

"Malcav has been a exceedingly hard man to track down. It's been theorized he has people who work under him disguise themselves. That way its near impossible to find the real one. Through enough tracking, we have finally found the real one and where he and other like-minded hunters will be meeting."

A dot appeared on a certain part of the holographic map.

"It's been said they would be meeting around midnight in that area. We don't know much more then that. They are being very cautious so we don't know where they currently are, just they will come out of hiding at that given time to meet in that area."

"You shouldn't run into too much trouble." Ronald said. "Most of the hunters are C class over there maybe a few B's. Nothing you guys haven't ran into before but still be careful. They might have some trick we don't know about but I sincerely doubt it."

"So basically, a stakeout?"
Darrien asked.

"Correct." Jess said. "Are there any questions so far?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 5:04 am

Motoko crossed her arms, looking to the side. "Hm... I find it odd that we are happen to track him down right when he's about to have a meeting in a fairly open area, and for him to be rather loosely guarded. It doesn't make much sense, given how much trouble we've had in tracking him. How do we know it's not a trap, Commander?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 5:43 am

Wednesday nodded. "Yeah something to make us show our cards or something." She folded her arms and shrugged. "I say trap." she said. Then she studied the map and file a bit closer. "Or it could be by judging from what's displayed it could be some kind of ruse. Something to distract us. Keep us focused here while he does something nasty somewhere else. Just a though." She finished.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 5:48 am

Lars listened to everyone's input and tossed in his two cents. "It'd be'n understatement to call this fishy. I'm on board with the 'ruse' kick. But without any leads, may's well spring the trap, right?" He eyed the layout carefully and took a mental sweep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 3:49 pm

"That's what I've been thinking. It seems a bit too easy. We spent all this time tracking them and then this. While common sense isn't always their friend, I doubt they're going to mess things up this bad and drop the ball now." Ronald said, then continued. "In addition to our buddy Malcav, there's been a number of other things going on but we're taking one a time."

Darrien nodded and adjusted his glasses. "Such as commander?"

"We'll, first thing. Had reports of the damned bugs running around or Zebesian if you want to be technical. Not sure what they're doing, and while its only been reports here and there its enough to make me antsy. Those things are like ants. As far as recent good news go, any remnants of Shino and friends have been caught or neutralized since that business of kidnapping a bunch of half demon or angel people to make some superweapon using their energy. Bunch of crazy bastards. Best news since the pain-in-the-ass Cedrick Darkside went under and Umbrella was taken down many years ago."

"But, I got a mystery I've been trying to figure out and I can't for the life of me get a clue."

Here, the holographic image changed to a young girl.

"Meet Latria Varen. Apparently, some organization is after her and they want her bad enough to send professionals, and have good enough funds to hire people besides the type you'd find off the corner. One of your co workers Saika went with them to keep a low profile in the demon realm. Here's another thing. Apparently, they want only her and not the brother. I did some background checking and nothing of note came up."

Ronald rubbed his temples. "She's a half-demon. Those are a dime a dozen on earth and they actually seem to want her alive so I crossed that out. Nothing too unsual. She's working to become a nurse; raising her little brother. All around seemingly nice girl. When Eirin, Saika's sister questioned them the people captured seemed to be missing some of their memories."

"As if they were wiped clean. Tampered with. They just know they were paid to do it and that's it." Ronald looked to them. "I'm asking for theories. Because not a thing is making sense. Why would a seemingly powerful organization, which somehow we haven't heard much about until now be so interested in her? I want some theories from you all. Just throw the first thing that comes to mind, even if it sounds nonsensial at first."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-19, 6:50 pm

Niya blinked, thinking. "Perhaps she's like that young man, Okazaki? There were alot of people after him when it came out that he was no only a descendant of the first Demon King, but that those genes were resurfacing within him. It's possible these people know something of her heritage and want her for it."

Akuma frowned, crossing his arms. "It's also possible that it's personal. Maybe whoever is behind it knows this girl in some way. Could even be an obsession thing."

"...If we were not already going after Malcav right now, I would suggest a sting op, perhaps with me posing as the girl in order to draw them out. It's a tactic that's worked before."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 12:03 am

Wednesday cocked her head to one side. "I think maybe we're over looking the obvious. Medical school costs a lot of money. Maybe she took out a loan and didn't pay it back. All these theories hold water. For now it would be a process of elimination. For now I think the priority should be to keep the girl and her brother safe while we figure this out. Her safety should be top priority in my opinion." She said. She wriggled her fingers into her waist bad behind her back thinking. "If we could get a cell sample I could run some tests. Just to see if there's anything in her D.N.A. that may be a clue." She offered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 12:52 am

Lars had seen a few "targeted child" incidents, each had their own unique yet similar situation. "Wouldn't rule out latent DNA or whatnot. Demigod kids've been poppin' up like damn dandelions." He said with a nod toward Wednesday. Her test could solve their mystery for them, who knows. "If not, they may be after somethin' up here." He punctuated the end of his sentence by tapping the side of his head. They could be after knowledge unique to her, since they only want the girl.

"Either way, sounds like chasin' two hares. We need surveillance on the girl and Malcav?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 1:14 am

"Niya has taken out my theory, I don't have much to add." Darrien said.

Ronald had a pensive look on his face, but didn't instantly answer as everyone threw in their two cents. This was going to become a headache, but he couldn't just ignore the thing with Malcav. It may have been a trap and it sounded sketchy but if it wasn't, he'd be kicking himself forever.

"I'm thinking we do." Ronald finally said, glancing at Motoko. "Part of the reason I called you guys is because you aren't green. You've been around the block enough to know what you're doing. I could send another team after Malcav, but a lot of our older ones are off on other assignments. We've been kinda stretched recently with all the crap going on. But Wednesday is right, we can't just leave the kid dangling."

Maybe Aki, Galena and Emina if I could get ahold of them. Inuyasha too.

"..All right, slightly new plan." Ronald began, looking at Motoko. "If I send another team to deal with Malcav, and assign you guys for the thing with the Latria kid, what exactly did you have in mind to start with?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 1:22 am

Motoko responded immediately. "First would be to establish a safe house. If their current location is sufficient, then we'd get to fortifying it, both with technology, magic, and Akuma's various tools. Then we would begin gathering what information we can. Likely employ decoys to lure out threats. I'd suggest a rotation, so that the girl and those with her are never, under any circumstances, left unguarded, since they could be used to get to her. This is just a preliminary plan until I have more information, and until I get options and input from the others."

Last edited by Aviaris_Sevanthis on 2012-06-20, 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 1:29 am

Wednesday nodded and looked to Motoko "I'll get my lab ready for new samples. Once I have a preliminary I'll let you know and we can go from there." She said.

View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 1:40 am

"I'll grab some o' my detection gear n' get a perimeter set up when we get in." He mentally ran through his tech list that was good to go. At a moment's notice, he was prepared to move out. "Need any other tech or want me on the decoy team, gimme a shout, Major."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 2:50 am

Ronald seemed to think about it, and nodded. "I know where they are, and I'll get you transported there in no time. Just ask Gina before you go in the dispatch area. Who would you keep with you and who do you think might stay behind? It's obvious you're a given since the group needs you for you're tactical thinking. The organization, who ever they are, is obviously good at keeping hidden and hard to track. Right up your alley. Or would you need to view the place for yourself first before making any decisions?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 2:59 am

"I'd like to inspect the premises first. I need to know every entrance, every method of security, things like that. No matter what, we'll add security to it, but I'd rather there be a sound base to start from."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exaultedsoulessone

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 3:06 am

Wednesday nodded "Sounds like we have a plan." She said and looked to the Major. "You want me to get started on my lab work? Getting it ready? Or do you need me for something else?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 3:16 am

Lars checked his watch. He just needed to grab his gear and he could assist with the preliminary inspection. "Sounds like yer all rarin' to go. If we're headed out now, gimme two minutes an' I'll be down to dispatch." If there were no other notes or objections, he'd set off to his stash to grab the aforementioned tech. Everything was in good repair, he touched them up in his spare time immediately after missions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   2012-06-20, 6:35 pm

Ronald smiled a bit. "Seems like you got it figured out. All right, head to dispatch and Gina will take care of guys. You're all dismissed."

When all of them left, he noticed the mountains of paperwork. He sighed.

"Hey, Jess. Could you maybe do this paperwork?"

"Negative Commander. I lack hands."

"Ugh..had to try.."

Maybe he'd ask Mistato out on a date once this was done with.

When the group gathered around the dispatch area, which looked like a normal room minus the various doors(that actually lead to portals) was a young woman doing something on a computer center. She smiled on seeing Motoko and the others.

"Ronald told me to prepare for you. Are you ready to go?"

"We are." Darrien said, nodding. "But we need a few tools and equipment after we get through checking this safehouse and if its a appropriate place for our charge to stay. We're going to be heading to where Latria is, the young girl that has been targeted as of late."

Gina paused a bit, then perked up. "I understand. Major, make sure you record the mansion entirely when you send feedback through your M.P.D. to us and we'll send professionals trappers to get to work. They'll take notes from you as well of course." The young woman went back behind the computer center, typing a few things down. "You can reach your destination to the front. I put cordniates down."

(Whenever they actually enter through the door, they'll exit out.)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just A Day In The Office   

Back to top Go down

Just A Day In The Office
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next