The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Full Circle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-04, 11:57 pm

Kazenabi paused, then nodded reluctantly. "..Go ahead then Megumi. I'll just be right here."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-05, 12:28 am

Megumi smiled nervously, and made her way over to Natsuno. "H-hey, Natsu-"

"Go away." He had no patience for her these days, and he didn't care to hear what she had to say. Perhaps she'd take the hint if he was more blunt.

"Ah.. oh.. um, s-sure, I just wanted to give you something." She started to dig in her purse.

"I don't want it." Megumi flinched, but kept going, determined. She pulled out the card, holding it out to him.

"Natsuno, maybe you should just take it? I know how you feel, but-"

"I'm not going to encourage her, Tohru. She's like a lovesick puppy, holding onto her feelings, so sure that I'll return them. I didn't give her any reason to believe that, none whatsoever." He talked about her as if she wasn't there, and Megumi just took it, trembling as she held the card out.

"I... I just wanted to g-give you this c-card.." Her heart suddenly soared as Natsuno took the card, only for it to plummet as he began to methodically tear it up, looking her in the eyes as he steadily tore it into tiny pieces.

"I don't like you, Shimizu. I can't stand you. I despise you. You are nothing but an annoyance to me. And it's not even because you are a Shiki. It's because you're you." He dismissively threw the shredded card into her face, not even caring about the utterly broken look on her face and the tears streaming down her face. Tohru just looked at Natsuno in horror. Megumi collapsed like a puppet whose strings had been cut, her eyes staring blankly at the shredded card on the ground.

Several villagers had witnessed the event. They seemed unconcerned, aside from Tohru, though many agreed that Natsuno had, perhaps, been just a little too harsh. Many were also, however, whispering to themselves about how Megumi had it coming.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-05, 1:18 am

Kazenabi grew absolutely livid after witnessing and hearing what happened. She wasted no time, getting right up into Natsuno's face. She was actually a bit taller then him, her overall look at the moment mirroed Sesshomaru when he wasn't happy. "Who do you think you are? Never mind, I don't care. You're an arrogant, condescending and short sighted prick of a young man. I have no clue what Megumi saw in you."

She lifted him easily by the collar of his shirt with one hand. "You remind me of people I've met. So sure of your maturity, but when push comes to shove you're far from the fact. The fact you can't even civilly decline or won't says more about you more then it does Megumi. Someone is going to put you into your place one day."

Kaznenabi's cold look didn't waver, she glanced at Tohru and dropped Natsuno to the ground rougher then needed. "..But I'm not doing that. Know this, boy, you need to get your perception adjusted before someone forcefully does it for you who doesn't take your crap. If you're smart enough to learn from the advice or not I don't care."

Kazenabi went to Megumi and gently roused her, she was just going to take her away from here so she could recover in private instead of being out in the open with the damned villagers. Megumi needed to be in a place where she was secure at, like at Asami and Cho's home. Maybe Kaori would visit too; given how news spread around here like wildfire. She didn't care what Natsuno had to say if anything, she was done with the brat. Megumi was her focus.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-05, 1:21 am

Megumi couldn't bring herself to stand, her body just dead weight. Natsuno, on the other hand, pushed himself to his feet, glaring at Kanzi. He'd been scared, yes, but now he was just irritated. He didn't bother speaking before storming off. Tohru stayed behind briefly, looking a bit lost, then hesitantly following Natsuno after whispering an apology.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-05, 1:59 am

Kazenabi sighed and gently picked up Megumi who seemed to have retreated into her own little world since she couldn't handle it at the moment. She headed to Cho's home, knocking on the door. Not too long, Asami opened the door and looked surprised.

"M-Megumi, w-what happened?"
Asami sounded panicked.

"She's fine, physically. Don't worry." Kazenabi assured her as she was allowed in before gently putting Megumi onto the bed. Cho came in not too long after, but didn't get to worry as much before Kazenabi assured her, again, it wasn't a physical injury. But just because it wasn't physical didn't mean she wasn't hurt.

"It involved that boy Natsuno." Kazenabi said finally, explaining what happened briefly.

Asami looked angry. In fact, it was the most angry Kanzi had seen her and she knew she was angry because her eyes suddenly just didn't turn pitch black like that. If she was anyone else, Kazenabi would have been startled. Asami didn't even say anything, she just got quite as she mentally stirred it into her head. After a moment she excused herself to be outside.

Cho on the other hand looked sad and went to hug her granddaughter, that's what Megumi was in her mind regardless of blood. "What did he do to my baby?" She said in a sad tone.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-05, 2:02 am

Megumi, after several moments, seemed to stir, only to grip Cho's clothing, burying her face and sobbing. She'd finally seen that Natsuno would never see her the way she saw him, but she'd learned it in the harshest of ways.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-05, 2:10 am

Cho hugged her back, allowing Megumi to let it all out as she gently brushed her hair and silently supported her. Kazenabi watched a bit sadly, nothing more she could do but just sit back for now. It was a hard lesson, but nobody could get through life without a little bit of pain, unfortunately.

After things had settled down with Megumi, things went into a routine. Kazenabi would come and spend time with her and others and in turn get to know each other more and more. Cho was gradually getting weaker by the day, and by the third week, had been more or less confined to her bed. Eventually, she passed away peacefully into her sleep with Asami being the first to know. Kazenabi though not knowing her as long was sad to see the old woman go but it was nothing compared to how it effected Asami and Megumi.

The funeral was done not too long after with many of the villagers gathered and a priestess of some sort, though Kazenabi didn't know who she was so all signs pointed out she was a guest here. They long black hair reaching their backside, gray eyes and wearing a long flowing blue robe. The hat they wore reminded Kazenabi of something found in other religions, but she couldn't place it. It was familiar though.

Sighing, the priestess turned to those attending. "Does anyone have anything to say before we put this to rest?"

Asami remained close by Megumi the whole time, as did Kazenabi.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-05, 11:45 pm

Megumi was crying softly, trying not to completely lose her composure. Natsuno had been there briefly, and left before long, but Megumi didn't care. She'd finally given up on that boy. Kaori stood with her along with Asami and Kanzi, and Megumi was honestly appreciative of it. What she did not appreciate was the whispers coming from the others.

"I'm surprised she lasted this long."

"I bet it was those Shiki, keeping her alive so they could feed on her."

"Or make her suffer longer."

"Who cares? She was harboring them, treating them like family. They only stuck around because of her, they said so themselves. Good riddance, I say." Megumi had started feeling her blood boil because of the whispers, but that last part was the absolute last straw. Her eyes turned completely black, and she whirled around on the villagers, her voice coming out in a hiss.

"Shut up... shut up! Don't you dare talk about her as if you knew her! How dare you be happy that she's gone! Get out of here, you don't deserve to be here! LEAVE, BEFORE I MAKE YOU!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-06, 2:00 am

The priestess did hear some of the whispering and was apalled by how callous some of them were being. Even if they disagreed with the woman, she didn't understand how that gave them the right to be that cold. It didn't surprise her as much anymore.

Kazenabi was going to comment, but Megumi beat her to the punch. The villagers that were nearby scattered after that, clearly scared of the Shiki. It wasn't too long before it was just them for the most part.

Asami who had been too drained to do much else, finally sighed and gently tugged Megumi. "..Let's go home.." She...felt too strange going into Cho's house and her not being there. It made her feel miserable. The only consolation was the fact she was no longer suffering. Kazenabi was likely to come, and Kaori too if she wanted.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-06, 2:06 am

Kaori did indeed come along, while Megumi quietly fumed. Her thoughts were almost murderous.. but she wasn't that kind of person.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-08, 12:46 am

When they got home, Asami went into her room giving Megumi a meduim-sized box to her. "...Here. Cho said to give this to you..." She then went into her room excusing herself for a moment as Kazenabi settled down.

Inside the box were a couple of things, the first looked like a journal of some kind, there also a recipe of her cookies she had kept to herself all this time until she finally passed it on to Megumi now. A few pictures, one of the older ones being Cho and Megumi herself when she was a tiny little girl eating some ice cream. There was also a letter, when Megumi read it, it said:

"This box is a number of things I collected over the years I wanted to share with you after I passed. Some of it is just memories and others are things maybe that will help you later in life. The journal, it has a long history of my own life to it and other things, maybe you too can learn from it.

"I wish I could see you grow up into the wonderful woman I know you'll be, I know this because you're already a beautiful young lady. I wish the best with life and know you'll go far once you leave Sotoba.

To my beloved granddaughter."
-Cho

There was also a small picture of her when she was younger connected to it along with the necklace seen in the picture. It was from Cho's faith which she mostly kept private but mentioned from time to time instead of putting it down people's throats.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-08, 12:59 am

By the time Megumi was finished, she had dissolved into tears again, hugging the letter and picture to her heart as she sobbed openly. She had thought she'd cried herself out when Asami had told her of Cho's passing, but she'd clearly been wrong. "G-grandma... why... why couldn't you have been able to stay with us... why... why did you have to die..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-08, 1:37 am

When Megumi went to sleep that night she'd find herself in the strangest place, it looked like a beautiful forested area covered by ruined buildings of a city and people that had long since been forgotten. Oddly though, despite this the place where ever and whatever it was, felt very peaceful.

And just ahead in front of Megumi was Cho, she was young again like in the picture and happy, smiling at Megumi. She slowly opened her arms. "Come here.." She'd explain soon, but right now she just wanted a hug again one more time.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-08, 1:46 am

Megumi was certainly confused at first, but upon seeing Cho, everything else was unimportant. She rushed over, and enveloped Cho in an almost crushing hug. She knew she had to be dreaming, but she didn't care.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-08, 2:13 am

Cho returned the hug with all she had, feeling happy for this contact but knowing they couldn't stay like this forever. She gently kissed Megumi's forehead. "It's good to see you again, granddaughter." She pulled away, smiling but took Megumi's hand. "I don't have much time Megumi, but I want us to enjoy this for what it is. This isn't the end...we'll see each other again eventually."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-08, 2:54 am

Megumi frowned slightly, but nodded. "I understand... I just... I didn't even get to say goodbye. I knew it would happen eventually, but I thought if I started saying goodbye, it would make it happen sooner... I didn't want you to go..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-11, 3:25 am

Cho nodded sadly. "I know Megumi..I don't blame you. At least I can get to say goodbye. But enough about that, I want to spend this time with you..."

It was then Cho spent the majority of the night simply talking and hanging around Megumi until it was her time to go. By the time it was her time to go, she was reluctant but knew it was her time. She gave her granddaughter one more hug.

"Chin up dear, I don't want my last visit here for now to be seeing your pretty face teared up." Cho said lightly but then said in a concerned tone. "Promise you'll leave Sotoba as soon as possible. I don't have proof..just a feeling something may happen and I'm honestly scared for you and Asami.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-11, 3:28 am

Megumi smiled weakly, nodding. "Don't worry, grandma... once we have everything taken care of, we'll leave Sotoba, and never look back. Promise..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-11, 3:59 am

Cho seemed happy with that and then gave Megumi one final hug. "..I won't say goodbye because that means forever. I'll just say see you later. Take care of yourself and know I love you and will watch over you."

When Megumi would wake up the next morning, she'd wake up to the smell of somebody cooking food. She'd also notice something that would stand out to her right away.

On her bed was the necklace Cho wore in the dream exactly. It was impossible for anyone else to have put it there, so that meant Megumi wasn't just dreaming after all.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-11, 4:01 am

Megumi picked up the necklace carefully, biting her lip, before putting it on. She would keep it with her for as long as she lived. She then got up, and went toward the kitchen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-11, 7:09 am

Megumi would come down to see Asami cooking, she looked a bit tired and had bags under her eyes but otherwise seemed fine. She smiled at Megumi faintly after hearing her approach.

"..Good morning Megumi."
She didn't say 'how are you' considering what happened not too long ago. It was one of those times Asami wasn't really sure what to say.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-11, 7:14 am

Megumi paused, then came over to Asami, hugging her tightly. "...Let's get everything settled as fast as we can, and then get out of this village... there's nothing for us here, and grandma wouldn't want us to stay... I doubt Emiko would care if I left, so it shouldn't be a problem..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-12, 2:23 am

Asami was slightly surpirsed, then smiled weakly hugging her back. "..Don't worry we'll get out of here and leave this place behind.."

It was about a week after that event of packing did it seem like things were coming together and they mostly had their things. Kazenabi had done her own bit to help, none of the villagers would except Kaori of course. During the evening time as things winded down, Kazenabi and Asami decided to go get some last minute shopping done.

"We're going to grab a few things, do you want to come?" Asami asked Megumi as she put on a coat from the rack of Cho's house.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-12, 2:26 am

Megumi paused, then shook her head. "No... I'm gonna go visit Cho one last time. I want to talk to her before we go... she was always telling me to follow my dreams, and I want to tell her I'm about to start going for them..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-12, 2:29 am

Asami smiled slightly sadly but nodded a bit. "I understand. We'll meet you later Megumi if we don't see you around here when you go back home. Come on Kazenabi."

It wasn't too long before her and Kazenabi left out of the place to let Megumi do her own thing.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   

Back to top Go down

Full Circle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next