The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Full Circle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-12, 2:35 am

Megumi smiled, thankful Asami and Kanzi understood, then headed off toward the secluded place they had chosen to have Cho buried.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-12, 2:41 am

Kazenabi felt something slightly out of place. In Sotoba, the only energies worth of note were Megumi and Asami. All the other energies were pretty low power wise that wouldn't resigster remotely as a threat to someone like her. That was still true but she felt stronger energies. It was faint, as if it was being masked or hidden but she could feel it.

Clever. Seems someone is tracking..

Asami noticed Kazenabi seemed to be onto something as they got to the store.

"Kazenabi, is everything okay?"

Pausing, the Dog Demon answered honestly. "I just thought I felt something, go ahead I'll be right with you."

Maybe she'd just deal with it directly.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-12, 2:48 am

Megumi had this bizarre feeling of being watched as she made her way to Cho's grave. It seemed that the nearby farmers were more active today as well. She kept seeing their tractors about, and they were more annoying than usual. Still, she tried her best to ignore them. She just wanted to get to Cho's grave, say her goodbyes one more time, promise to visit if she could, and then get as far away from Sotoba as possible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-12, 3:06 am

Asami was wondering what was up but never the less went to get her things for their trip. The clerk and very few people in the store gave her the cold shoulder but there was nothing she could do about it and she could care less. Once she gathered everything, she headed out with her bags noting she hadn't seen Kanzi enter.

"Kazenabi I was.." She trailed off seeing a few men groaning on the ground with Kazenabi not a single scratch on her. She had a grim expression on her face.

"We need to find Megumi, now."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-12, 3:36 am

Megumi was on her way back from Cho's grave when it happened. She'd had this bad feeling for a good while now, so had made her visit brief, and chose to hurry back. She'd been thinking things over, when she heard the roar of an engine to her right. She glanced over, only to be hit hard, falling to the ground. She groaned in pain, looking up, shocked to find she'd been hit by a tractor. "Wha-what?" She then took notice that there were other tractors around, moving closer, along with some of the villagers, carrying hoes and pitchforks. The uneasy feeling only grew worse when she saw that some of the men surrounding her seemed different. They weren't from the village, and they had the cruelest eyes.

"Wait... what are you doing? It.. it's me, Megumi! Megumi Shimizu" She knew the villagers didn't like her, but surely, they wouldn't... but they were moving closer, and she pushed herself to her feet, fear striking her. "I... I'm leaving! I just want to go to the city, you'll never see me again! So... I..." She turned, intending to flee, only for another tractor to barrel into her, sending her flying. She cried out in pain, rolling across the ground. Shiki or not, she was young, and getting hit by a tractor was not something she could handle very well. Especially when, before she could get up, another tractor directly ran her over. She screamed then, coughing up blood. It felt like her insides had been crushed; still, she dragged herself to her feet, even as tears ran down her face.

"Stop it... don't... you remember? You all laughed at me, saying the way I dressed didn't fit with the village.. I'm just..." She was cut off as she was slammed to the ground again by one of the tractors, which then promptly ran over her arm, coming to a stop and pinning her arm. Megumi's eyes went wide, and she started screaming even more, trying desperately to push the tractor wheel off of her crushed arm. She saw the men moving in, as well as another tractor. Seeing it was useless, Megumi threw her head back, screaming at her attackers. "Why!? Why don't you get it!? You're the one's who are strange! You don't have any problem living in a village like this! You don't change even a bit! You look at outsiders and rare things strangely! You hate me just because of what I am, you never cared to get to know me!"

Some of the villagers actually hesitated. Seeing Megumi crying like this, screaming and bleeding because of what they were doing... "You're the monsters, not me! I never did anything to you! I never did anything, and this is what you do!" She closed her eyes tightly, before opening them back up, looking toward the sky. "A village like this... A village like this shouldn't have existed from the start! I wish I hadn't been born in a village like this! A village like this... a village like this... I want it to be gone!" The villagers were actually starting to wonder if she was right; if they had indeed been the real monsters here. It was too late, however, as another tractor moved in close. Megumi's eyes were shut tight as she tried to convince herself that none of this was real.

"I wasn't here... I wasn't in a village like..." She heard the tractor so close, and opened her eyes. She saw the front tire moving toward her head, and let out a piercing scream of terror that was heard even in the main part of the village. She reached out with her free arm, adrenaline giving her even more strength than she already had as she tried to push the wheel back. There was only so much she could do in this position however, and the tire kept pushing forward, Megumi's struggling only delaying it a bit. "Please! Please stop, I don't want to die! I don't want to die! Asami.... Kanzi... Kaori... Grandma... anybody, please!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-12, 10:38 pm

As the tractor came closer, it suddenly jolted as if was halted by something before surprisingly or not it was lifted off the ground. The person piloting it fell with a cry of a surprise, before the tractor came down to crush them with a sickening crushing sound. There was sounds of panick as chaos soon erupted and Megumi could see from the corner of her eye Kazenabi.

She was furious, her glowing red eyes showed this clearly as she turned her wrath on the remaining hunters. The second one didn't even get time to react before she cut the distance; her clawed hand puncturing through their stomach as she dropped them just as another went to swing his sword down. Only for for a green energy whip to snap out, wrapping around the blade arm and his arm and yanking him closer. Once again, her clawed hand went to meet flesh this time grabbing them by the throat, applying pressure before dropping them.

Then Kazenabi moved again, this time out of Megumi's vision. There was brief sounds of some futile struggle, cries of pain then a eerie silence. It was then followed by foot steps as Kazenabi made her way over, her clothes coated with blood as she kneeled down. The tractor was removed from her.

"Megumi..Megumi..talk to me. Where does it hurt?" She asked gently, she concerned. If she was badly injured she didn't want to move her too much even if Shiki could heal it would take a moment. In the distance, Asami could be seen coming.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-12, 11:07 pm

Megumi was trembling and crying, unable to get herself to speak at first. She clung to Kanzi with her good arm, the one that had been under the tractor hanging bloody and limp. Megumi coughed up a bit more blood, before she managed to speak. "You came... somebody came... was so scared... they... they wanted to kill me... I didn't do anything, but they..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 12:23 am

Kanzi kissed her forehead, letting Megumi grip her but being mindful of her broken arm. "Shh..its okay.its okay.."

When Asami came over, she was panicking at Megumi's condition. "W-what how.." She didn't even know what to say but she was smart enough to quickly put two and two together. The tractors, the hunters..Megumi's condition. She just couldn't understand how anyone could be that cruel.

"Asami."
Kanzi said, her tone firm. "Is there a medical place nearby? Megumi needs time to recover."

Wiping her tears, Asami nodded. "Yes..there is."

Seeming to think for a moment, Kazenabi backed up before transforming into her Dog Demon form. She kneeled down. "Climb on me and take Megumi but be careful. We're going to make a trip there."

The Shiki understood, and gently picked up Megumi to cause her the least amount of pain possible. She soon got on and then began giving directions to Kazenabi who didn't respond verbally besides taking off into the sky and giving heed to any direction Asami pointed.

With her speed, it wasn't long before they reached their destination. Asami got off the demon just as Kanzi began to revert back to human form and knocked on the door urgently. This was suppose to be the place the nurse resided.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 12:36 am

The door soon opened, a kind looking woman with long green hair appearing. There was an official clinic in Sotoba, but this woman, Ritsuko, was known to be the most kind and tolerant of the people who worked there. In fact, she had visited and treated Cho in the past. When she spotted Megumi, she gasped, and immediately opened the door wider. "Come in, get her comfortable, and I'll be right there!" She rushed off to her room to get her medical bag.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 12:47 am

Kanzi and Asami wasted no time to come inside, Asami sitting her down where she could be comfortable(as she could anyway in her state) Kazenabi had moved to gently take her hand as if to assure her and keep her calm. She was still a teenaged girl after all.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 12:50 am

Ritsuko returned shortly, and began checking Megumi over, being as gentle as she could. The obvious damage was her crushed left arm, but there was also obvious internal damage. After a bit of checking, Ritsuko pulled back a bit, eyes watering. "There's alot of internal bleeding. The bruising on her stomach... it looks like tire tracks... what happened?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 1:00 am

Kazenabi stood up at that. "..Go explain Asami. I need to..take care of things.." She was going to find the person behind this whole mess and make a example. The media was going to have a field day with this.

Before Asami could say much of anything, Kazenabi was already gone. Asami sighed and went to explain what happened, knowing it was going to upset the nurse.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 1:05 am

By the end, Ritsuko was clearly quite angry, but she managed to keep herself calm. "To think they could do such a thing to a sweet young girl... I knew they were unfriendly toward her, but I never thought they could do something like this... if this is the kind of place Sotoba has come, maybe it's time I left after all. Memories or not, this... this is evil..." She shook her head, sighing. "There isn't much I can do, honestly. I don't have the tools or the training to deal with injuries of this severity. She'll recover in time, thankfully, but all I can do for her until then is try to ease the pain. I have a bit of morphine on me for emergencies. Is it safe to give her? I'm not sure if it would be more harmful to her or not, I don't really know much about Shiki..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 1:50 am

Asami thought about it, then nodded slowly. "Yes..she can take it. A lot of the medicine that works for humans, works for us. The only thing you have to worry about is like normal humans is being allergic to certain things and things of that nature.."

Kayo was out during the evening time with her friends, Aika, Aiki and a few others but she didn't really call them friends. They were currently just walking among the village making small talk or other things. Kayo seemed to have her mind on other places at the moment. She didn't really join any negative comments regarding Megumi. Ever since the funeral of Cho she had been uncomfortable joining in that kind of thing.

"You know..The hunters were suppose to take care of Megumi tonight but I heard something happened to them." One of the boys said, news spread around Sotoba fast.

"It had to be that Ka..Kenzi? I don't know. That one woman that hangs around them."

"We'll, in either case I'm not worried. They were going to use tractors and some other stuff for her.
" Aika said, the young girl traveling along. "I think the bitch had it coming, thank god even if she wasn't killed she won't be able to hurt anyone anytime soon."

"......"

Kayo said nothing, she stopped, fist clinched as her hair shadowed her eyes this didn't go unnoticed by the others.

Aika frowned, turning to her. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? What's wrong with all of you?! How can you just talk about something like that?!"

The others were confused by Kayo's outburst, or why she was getting bent out of shape. One of the boys shook his head. "Oi. It's just a Shiki. Besides you make fun of her and tease her too."

"That's not even close to being the same! Sure I give her a hard time and such but that's..that's too much. That's wrong. It is wrong." Kayo spat out. "I don't want to hear it anymore, all of you shut up about it."

"Or what are you going to do?"
The same boy said. "If the Shiki bitch got her head ran over by a tractor good ridd-"

Before he could finish the comment, Kayo lashed out with a kick to their stomach knocking the wind out of him and onto his ass. He was clutching his stomach but the scene made it obvious she had some training. Kayo glared at the rest of them.

"Geez, what the hell is your problem Kayo?!" Aika and a few other girls rushed to his side. "If that's how you want to be then just leave! We don't need you!"

"FINE! I will!" Kayo stomped off, leaving her former 'friends' into the night.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 2:13 am

Ritsuko nodded softly, and went to go get the morphine. She quickly administered it, and after a few moments, Megumi's pained expression faded a bit. She'd fallen unconscious on the way to Ritsuko's house. "There... that will ease the pain for a bit. Hopefully she'll have mostly healed by then..."

~~~~

Kaori was horrified. She'd been nearby when she overheard the conversation between Kayo and her... friends? She wasn't sure anymore, but that wasn't the most important part. What was most important, was that Megumi had apparently been attacked. She waited until Kayo was away from her friends, then ran headlong into her, pinning her to a wall with surprising strength. Kaori was not attacking Kayo, however, her eyes pleading. "Please... tell me what happened! What happened to Megumi!?" She wasn't thinking rationally. If she was, she'd have realized that Kayo and the others didn't actually know what had happened; only what was supposed to.

She wasn't aware of two others nearby who happened to be listening.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 2:56 am

Kayo was on her way to somewhere, to where she wasn't sure she was just mad and didn't want to be around them. She wasn't focused on anything else so she was taken off guard when Kaori suddenly jumped her out of nowhere. The strength from the girl surprised her, but she recovered and eased her grip.

"I don't know! They just said she was attacked or something." Kayo looked away feeling awkward. "I don't know anymore, okay? I just found out.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 3:28 am

Kaori actually shook Kayo a bit, panicking. "Don't lie to me! I heard what they said! About hunters, and tractors, and... and running over her head... and you were always mean to her! She never did anything to you, she just wanted friends!" Kaori was gripping the front of Kayo's shirt, and had actually buried her face in Kayo's chest. "She just wanted friends... and you treated her horribly... and now... and now she could be..."

"...So that's what happened. I was wondering about what I saw earlier..." Kaori blinked, and looked up through her tears at Natsuno, who was standing nearby, looking thoughtful, Tohru with him.

"Wh... what? What did you see? Did you see them attack her? Did you see it, and just let it happen!?" Kaori actually moved to attack Natsuno, only for Tohru to grab her, restraining her as gently as he could.

"Kaori, calm down... calm down, your hysterical... shh..." Kaori struggled for a bit longer, before going limp, tears streaming down her face.

"Megumi... why can't people just let her be happy..."

"...I think she's okay, honestly. Asami and that Kanzenabi woman were carrying her to Ritsuko's house. She's alive, of that I can be sure of." Kaori's eyes widened, and she looked up at Tohru. He released her, and she took off toward Ritsuko's house immediately. Tohru just looked at Natsuno in surprise. "...What? I can't stand her, but I didn't want her dead; just to leave me alone... I really need to get out of this village though. I already hated how they act, but now that they've gotten murderous... Shimizu is an annoyance, but she's harmless. Attacking her for what she is was wrong." Natsuno shrugged, then stalked off. Tohru paused, then turned to Kayo.

"I'm going to go see if everything is alright. Do you want to come?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 3:40 am

"......."

Kayo didn't really have anything to sat to Kaori's comment, what could she say really? Teasing or giving Megumi a hard time had been something she had done for a bit but it wasn't until the funeral did it give Megumi a more 'humanzing' moment for her. She hadn't felt comfortable making fun of her anymore and now things had come to a head with this.

I don't know what to do anymore..

Tohru's comment made her hesitate for a moment, then she slowly nodded. "...Okay..okay. I'll come with you.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 4:13 am

Tohru nodded, and placed a hand on her shoulder, guiding her to Ritsuko's house, while trying to comfort her. He knew of her and Megumi's dislike of eachother, and of how Kayo had treated Megumi. He knew she likely felt guilty, so he attempted to let her know she had at least some support.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 9:34 pm

Kayo was nervous during the whole trip to the nurses clinic even with Tohru's support but she did feel slightly better. Her thoughts were a bit jumbled but she was trying to think of what she was going to do..

When they arrived, she knocked on the door and waited. A few moments later Asami opened it. "Tohru..?" Then she noticed Kayo and her eyes narrowed a bit at her. "..What are you doing here?"

"I..just want to check on them. I want be here for long, I promise." Kayo didn't seem to be acting like her normal self, as she was usually oozing with confidence but not anymore at this current time.

After a moment, Asami relented and moved aside as if coming to a decision.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-13, 10:15 pm

Tohru urged Kayo inside, and turned to Asami. "I didn't get a chance before. I wanted to apologize for Natsuno's behavior regarding Megumi. I know it means little, since the words are not coming from him, but I still felt I needed to apologize. If it means much, Natsuno is also upset over what happened... he doesn't like Megumi, but he felt she didn't deserve that... for what it's worth..." He moved passed her, standing next to Ritsuko, who gave him a weak smile.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-14, 1:47 am

Asami slowly nodded. "I never had anything against you. I never liked Natsuno though. Megumi is sleep right now, but she should be up by tomorrow. I don't think she'll be up anytime soon after what happened and taking all that medicine in her system.."

Kayo shifted a bit. "We'll...I..just wanted to say I'm sorry for being such a bitch to Megumi. And..we'll..I guess anything else can wait until tomorrow. I know you guys are leaving, so I want to do this before you leave."

It seemed like the Shiki was searching for a lie or half truth before seeming to accept it. "You'll have to wait to tomorrow then."

"I figured.." Kayo looked around. "So..I'll..just get going.." She then left after that.

"Maybe that girl has some heart after all." Asami did recall her at the funeral being oddly quite the whole time but she'd wait and see.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-14, 1:52 am

Tohru nodded a bit. "She seemed to really feel bad about things. It was odd, seeing her without her group of friends... then again, she's been quite alot since the funeral..."

"She and her friends had a fight..." Kaori spoke up finally, having been sitting next to Megumi this whole time. "That's how I found out about Megumi... they were talking about the attack... they knew about it, and were hoping that it was successful... Kayo yelled at them, asking what was wrong with them... she was horrible to Megumi, but... but she isn't a bad person..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-14, 3:33 am

The night passed without incident for the most part. Kazenabi had been getting evidence and other things she needed before calling the authorities. Her idea was that all the attention would shed evidence of the ugliness of the Sotoba culture along with of course bringing some to justice. Kazenabi didn't get to stay long before she was called back to get things rolling with the law enforcement. Sotoba was visited by them along with news media, so for the villagers they were slightly confused.

Kayo had dragged her feet to the clinic, holding a basket to herself nervously as she was let in by Asami after knocking. She didn't say much as she lead her room where Kaori and Megumi were and knocked.

"Megumi? You have a guest." Asami announced as Kayo waited patiently.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   2012-11-14, 3:44 am

Megumi was finally awake by then, and talking happily with Kaori. She seemed mostly fine now... until she saw Kayo. Immediately, she tensed, shrinking away. This was a marked difference from before, where Megumi would stand up to Kayo and argue with her, even if Kayo had always been able to hurt Megumi with her words far worse than Megumi could hurt her. "Wh-what do you want?"

Last edited by Aviaris_Sevanthis on 2012-11-14, 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Circle   

Back to top Go down

Full Circle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next