The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ninja Like Us

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-23, 8:57 pm

"I do." Coltan answered as he closed the door and removed his coat. "Save for the intermittent visits from family members, I am the only resident of this home. Until now, of course. Feel free to make yourself comfortable." The living room's furnishing was fairly basic, as much was to be expected within a bachelor's home. A few family pictures hung on the walls near the hallway, and a couple couches faced a large television. The kitchen held an open view of the living room itself. Coltan set his reading material into a tall bookshelf behind one of the sofas.

"Just down this hallway lies the rest of the house. The close left door leads to your new room while the close right belongs to the restroom. The far left door opens to the study. You are welcome to enter that room at any time. I only ask you refrain from disheveling my office." There were plenty of forms relating to work in there, but nothing too sensitive that he should need to exercise caution. "The far right room is mine; the same rules apply." He turned to Natomi after his quick tour. "Should you ever want for anything, do not hesitate to ask."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-25, 2:38 am

Natomi liked what she saw in the place, it had a nice feeling to it. Once the tour was done, she nodded to her new friend. "Again, thank you for letting me stay. I am a bit..hungry. Is there anything to eat?"

There was something else that got her curious. "Just wondering. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do? You seem like a fighter of some kind." It was how he moved; how he carried himself. The subtle things. There was more to the fact she was sure though.

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-25, 9:50 pm

Coltan hung up his coat on the rack near the door. "Of course. I can't imagine you've eaten in some time... I'll prepare something." Being stuck in the hospital recovering would likely have taken a lot out of her. Cotan moved to the kitchen to start up some a dinner. He hadn't eaten yet, either, so this worked well for them both.

"A 'fighter', you say? I suppose you could say that. I've undergone training to achieve my current capabilities, though I much prefer diplomatic resolution in my line of work." She must be quite attentive to have noticed his physical competency. As much should be expected from a shinobi. He started cooking as he spoke. "As for what I do... I work at a company tailored toward improving the community's well-being. Think of it as an investigative unit that undertakes local jobs and private matters for which the authorities simply lack time or manpower to properly address." It was true his company worked with the police and Nobus closely. Their collaboration and cooperation were a valuable asset, so long as his company was cautious not to overstep their legal restraints. "But that is an over saturated depiction. 'Philanthropist' and 'Assistance Agent' are far simpler titles."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-26, 4:45 am

Natomi tilted her head slightly to this. "Assistance Agent? I've never heard of that term..but then again,I haven'tbeen into the outside world as much as I could have when I was back into my clan..." She was thinking a bit, then shook her head pushing some unpleasant thoughts down. "Did you have a teacher? Or..maybe a organization like the military?"

Funny how accurate she was with the last part without knowing it yet.

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-26, 10:47 pm

Coltan didn't look up from his task, not wanting to cut himself accidentally. "A teacher, yes. A handful of them, to be exact. I've had weapon training, physical conditioning, guidance in elemental control... each of which required different tutelage. Though I have encountered a few well known officers and Hunters in my line of work, I couldn't place a single mentor over any other." His training mainly came from his days in his planet's military. With the aid of his superiors, and other chance encounters here on Earth, Coltan was able to push his ability to new heights. "Your second gumption is rather spot on. I was a part of my planet's military before departing." He didn't regret leaving. There was a lot of good to be done here.

"What of your experiences, Miss Mugen? How much of the world have you seen?" He tried to circumnavigate the subject of her clan. There was a slight sense of discomfort there, so he'd leave it alone while getting to know her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-26, 11:25 pm

Natomi thought about her training days. Most of them had been spent under the eye and care of a older ninja named Haru. "Me and a friend of mine named Kusa were the only Wildfire Demons in the clan, so we had to learn our natural powers by trial and error. They taught us mostly hand to hand, survival and other skills needed. The Mugen Clan are more closer to hunters, though we're focused mostly on monsters, like the creatures I fought then anything else. What planet did you come from if not here?"

Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-27, 12:38 am

"Alus, if you have heard of it." Coltan answered casually. "While the planet possesses its own charms, I rather like Earth's multicultural setting." It really was a large and enthralling amass of life and culture. If one wished to have unforgettable experiences, this was the world to seek them out. "A Wildfire Demon, you say? Does this mean you two were allowed to join the clan by means other than birth?" She stated only herself and her friend, one 'Kusa', were the only Wildfire Demons. If so, where were their parents?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-27, 12:57 am

Natomi shook her head a bit. "It's not inclusive. You can join if you're not born within it, me and Kusa weren't. I was adopted by a elder, I don't know who my birth parents. And I've heard of Alus, its almost as diverse as earth is."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-27, 1:27 am

Really, she had to wonder what Natomi was doing. She was way too easy to track.... then again, maybe it was just herself that was able to track Natomi so easily... they'd been together so long, neither could manage to evade the other for long. Especially when one pretty much always wanted to be in the others presence. This is how it came to be that Natomi and Coltan were being watched through a small hole in the ceiling... that hadn't been there before.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-27, 3:38 am

Coltan nodded in understanding. "Allowing newcomers to join... I see. An interesting custom, though not unheard of. And Alus is diverse in its own right, but this world's early development and civilizations... It's a different sort of diversity. One most interesting." It was then Coltan had a strange feeling. He couldn't shake it, nor could he ascertain why the feeling nagged at him. It was as if... Coltan stopped what he was doing and froze.

"...We've been followed." He was gauging his distance from Natomi. She said they were not to be attacked indoors, but he was ready to appear at her side in an instant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-27, 3:43 am

Natomi was going to comment when Coltan seemed to freeze up, and then commented making the female ninja frown. Followed? But who is it? They wouldn't attack this way if they're from the clan. Someone else?

She scanned around, trying to find the source, and picking up a all too familiar scent. "...Kusa. I know that's you. You can come out of hiding now." Kusa had always been good at finding he even when playing games like 'hide and seek' when they were kids.

..Still, she needed to start her awareness skill training again if she hadn't noticed Kusa trailing her, even if she was her best friend.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-27, 4:03 am

After a long moment, Kusa appeared in the room with a flash, grinning a bit. "You caught me, hee... Hi, Natomi. Been a nit, eh?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-27, 4:23 am

Coltan eased himself. Natomi had mentioned only minutes ago that this woman was her friend and fellow clan. Even if she were here for ulterior motives, she wasn't going to attack inside his house. He assumed, anyway. "...Welcome. Though I must ask that you please use the front door in the future." He thought they had a fight on their hands for a few seconds there... Coltan didn't fully drop his guard, but did put down the cutting knife.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-27, 4:27 am

Natomi relaxed a bit once Kusa came into view and stood up from where she had been sitting at in the kitchen. "Kusa? How did you find me so fast? And..Oh, sorry..this is Coltan he's a new friend of mine." Out of everyone in the clan, Kusa was among the people she trusted the most. She knew she should be on guard a bit more just in case..but she couldn't help it. Unless Kusa did something to betray that trust; she'd believe her. Besides, she was one of the people who felt something was up with the whole thing in the first place.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-27, 5:06 am

Kusa smiled, bowing to Colton. "Hello, I'm Kusano Hara Mugen, but my friends call me Kusa. It's nice to meet you." She then turned back to Natomi. "You know, Natomi, that I was sent to track you down, right?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-28, 12:31 am

"Good evening to you. The pleasure is mutual, Miss Mugen." Coltan greeted her in kind. That could quickly become an issue. He couldn't very well refer to both of them under the same name. Her last statement troubled him only slightly. Again, she wouldn't attack Natomi now, but he doubted she came for such a purpose. She was speaking with Natomi in a far too friendly demeanor; to a person accused of a crime severe enough to be hunted. Coltan crossed his arms and leaned against the counter behind him. He'd merely listen to them for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-28, 1:35 am

Natomi blinked a bit to that. "..Really, by who? I guess its not surprising you're here to track me down since you know me the most. If you had came here to bring me back you wouldn't have come here like this." She didn't feel her best friend had turned on her or anything, but she did want to hear from her own mouth what she had in mind.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-28, 1:41 am

Kusa smiled. "The clan sent me, of course, but it was your mom who convinced them to send me, and me alone. Officially, as I am the best choice to capture you, I've been sent to do so. Unofficially, and this is a special mission from your mom, I am to keep you safe. Even MORE unofficially, I'm gonna help you prove your innocence! I have to make it seem like I'm still trying to track you down, so I'll have to run off to random places and send false reports on my progress. So long as they believe I'm still doing my duty, they won't send anyone else."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-28, 2:04 am

Coltan chuckled quietly. That... was to be an interesting twist if the clan ever learned of Kusano's intentions. Coltan was busy absorbing the information and drawing a few conclusions. He kept quiet, allowing the two to speak. He knew next to nothing about the clan, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-28, 2:16 am

Natomi smiled at her friend. "Ah I see. That does sound like mom, she's always been clever like that. ..I hate politics though." She sighed a bit to that, shaking her head slightly. "Anyway..its good to see you again Kusa. I'm not sure how I'm going to prove my innocence but it all ties to Kenji. Maybe if he gets too impatient or slips up. Hm.." She trailed off thinking, then let it drop.

"We'll think of something. Coltan said he would help too. For now, I just want to relax and get something to eat. It's hard to think on a empty stomach. Are you hungry?" Natomi didn't really want to over step her guest bounds, but there wasn't anyway she was going anywhere without Kusa now. Though it should be fine, Coltan said he'd help. That, and she still had the honor debt to repay.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-28, 2:20 am

Kusa grinned a bit more. "Starving, of course!" She paused, then tossed a basketball sized sack to Coltan. "Here. It's various gemstones. Worth alot, I'd wager! Consider it payment?" No mention of where she got the gemstones.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-28, 3:08 am

Coltan remembered he was in fact preparing dinner when it was mentioned. He was about to return to it when the sack flew his way. He caught it by reflex. "Oh? I couldn't possibly accept, Miss. I'll take none from Miss Natomi, nor yourself if you are friends." Coltan eyed the bag inquisitively before setting it on the counter in front of Kusa. Natomi's offer didn't bother him. A friend of a friend is infinitely better than any enemy. "You are more than welcome to join us for dinner. Please, make yourself comfortable." Coltan continued to cook, adding another serving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-28, 3:18 am

Natomi noticed the gem stones. "Where did you get those?" Maybe Kusa had been on some type of missions, or mom had given them to her so she'd have money for her travels. She went to have a seat, making herself comfortable before dinner arrived. Despite her small form, Natomi had a rather big apetite but she wasn't going to eat Coltan out of house and home. Farian's always burned their food source quickly which explained why it was so hard for them to gain too much weight or where the bigger then normal appetites came from.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-28, 3:23 am

Kusa paused at Natomi's question. There was a long moment where she seemed to be thinking... and then confidently stated, "I found them in an overturned truck... a taco truck. I didn't see how that was possible, so assumed they were stolen. So... now they are mine, because I couldn't find the real owners."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   2013-02-28, 3:59 am

'A... taco truck?' That was probably one of the most far fetched things Coltan had ever heard. He had no reason to think her a liar, but that was too strange. Chancing upon a taco truck concealing gemstones... It was definitely a good idea not to attempt selling those. "It... may be for best that the owners were not found."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Like Us   

Back to top Go down

Ninja Like Us
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next