The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Between Us

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 4:44 am

Elsa hugged her back. "..Okay, I will." Rebecca didn't hear what was said, though she did have a feeling something was said...

It was around the next day, in the afternoon of all things Tomoya's household would get a..interesting guest. Standing in the middle of the doorway was Elsa, holding a few bags after knocking. Once her mother had forbade her not to talk to Atsuko again, she had made up her mind and decided to leave. It would be nicer at their home, wouldn't it? If they said it was okay..

Of course, being that young, Elsa didn't exactly think things all the way through.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 4:52 am

Atsuko was cooking, and Tomoya was playing video games, while Naoyuki was at work. Upon hearing the knock at the door, Tomoya paused his game, hopping up to go answer, only for his mother to intercept him. "Tomoya, what did I tell you about answering the door?"

"Heh... sorry Mom." He waiting for his mother to go to the door, looking through the peephole. Seeing nobody, she opened the door; perhaps a package? Instead, she found Elsa.

"Wha... Elsa? Sweety, what are you doing here?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 5:00 am

Elsa just looked at her as if nothing out of the ordinary happened. "Mom said I couldn't see you again..so I left. I don't want to go back." It was simple logic really. Only a child.

"Master Rebecca, calm-"

"You finish that sentence and I'll hurt you. Where is she? Of all the...!" Rebecca was going to burst a blood vessel as she tore through the house. She had just gotten home from business only to find Elsa missing. This put the normally calm and aloof woman into the biggest emotional frenzy anyone had seen before or since working for her.

She only knew certain heads were going to roll when she finished. Rebecca had looked everywhere and had been unable to find her. Seeing as the mansion would yield no results, she opted to go outside and try to track her down. She ordered the others to go search for her, including talking to authorties to inform them and sent off her search.

For the first time in a long time, Rebecca felt genuine panic.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 5:04 am

Atsuko's eyes widened. "Oh my god..." Atsuko shook her head, and ushered Elsa inside. "Sweety... you can't... oh, the fact you wanted to see us again that badly is wonderful, but... to run away... sweety, you're mother must be worried sick..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 5:07 am

Elsa pouted a bit, shaking her head. "Mom doesn't care.." At the least, Elsa was pretty sure she didn't from what she gathered from her. She really didn't want to go back though, at least so soon.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 5:13 am

It broke Atsuko's heart that Elsa thought her own mother didn't care about her. "Elsa... she's your mother. Despite how she acts, she does care..." She rubbed her temples. "You can stay, Elsa, since you and Tomoya promise to hang out here at some point, and now's as good a time as any, but I need to call your mother and let her know where you are. For now... Tomoya, why don't you teach Elsa how to play that video game?" Tomoya nodded happily, pulling her over to the couch, while Atsuko picked up the phone, and grabbed the business card Rebecca had given her, dialing in the cell number listed there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 5:17 am

It took a moment, but Rebecca answered. "..Who is it?" Since this was the first time the number had been dialed she didn't know who it was at first. Her voice sounded strained as if she been crying.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 5:23 am

Atsuko sighed. "It's Atsuko. Elsa just showed up on my doorstep. From one mother to another, I couldn't not tell you, I knew you'd be worried sick. However, I'd suggest you wait a bit before coming here. Currently, she's convinced that you don't even care she's gone, and that she doesn't want to go back. Give her time to think it over, and yourself time to calm down. She and Tomoya are playing, and I won't let anything happen to her, you have my word on that, as a mother. I'd urge you to think though. Think about why your daughter might assume that her own mother wouldn't care if she goes missing." She quickly relayed her address, then hung up. "Oh, these kids are going to put me in an early grave..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 5:33 am

Rebecca clicked off her cell phone when the conversation concluded, unable to shake off what happened. It was one thing for Elsa to say something, it was quite another for her to run away and not even want to come back. Was Atsuko right all along after all? If so, how could she change it to make it better? And if so..perhaps her past experiences with humans had left her a blind spot. She had refused to even entertain the notion simply because of the source.

She could admit she was wrong if it came to her daughter with something like this. Even if others in her circle frowned upon her for doing so, she couldn't ignore Elsa like that if it was effecting her this way. Maybe there was another way. But she had been treating others in such a way for so long she didn't even think about doing it anymore. Perhaps it was time to at least try and loathe as she was to admit it..apologize to Atsuko.

Rebecca gave a tired sigh. 'I've been such a fool...'

A bit later, Rebecca finally arrived, knocking on the door. She waited calmly for it to be opened.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 5:38 am

Atsuko answered the door, looking a little worried. "Elsa and Tomoya are upstairs, playing. I was just about to call them down to eat lunch... would you like to join us? Elsa's a little girl, so she's more likely to listen if you approach things calmly... and I'll warn you now, I won't force her to leave if she doesn't want to. If you can't convince her to come home with you, then I'll take care of her until she changes her mind. Understand?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 5:48 am

Rebecca wanted to protest she couldn't legally keep a child away like that but decided to let it drop. "..Very well, thank you." She stepped into the home, looking distinctly uncomfortable. "I...want to apologize about our fight. Despite my negative experiences with humans, I shouldn't have said what I did. It was a blind spot for me. The incident with Elsa caused me to rethink how I treat those around me and not just my daughter. I can't promise instant changes..but I'll try.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 5:50 am

Atsuko looked at Rebecca for a moment, then nodded. "Thank you. But it's not me you need to apologize to... Tomoya, Elsa! Come down for lunch!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 6:15 am

Elsa came running down the stairs and that's when spotted her mother which made her stiffen a bit.

This made Rebecca feel a strange twist in her stomach that hadn't been there before. She crouched down. "..I'm not going to take you home if you don't want to, Elsa. I do want to talk to you though, all right?"

This took Elsa back a bit, it wasn't like how she normally reacted at all. Cautiously, she approached a bit closer but kept her distance. She then nodded a bit.

"Okay." Rebecca took a deep breath. "Why did you run away? Please be honest, I promise I won't get upset."

The younger vampire shifted a bit. "You..don't care.."

Rebecca flinched a bit, but continued. "Do you say that..because I don't..I'm not affectionate enough towards you?" A nod. "That's..not true. I care about you more then you'll know. When I push you like I do, how does it make you feel?"

Elsa wasn't used to her mother acting like this at all. "..sad..angry. Sad..because I can't always do them and angry because I can't..."

"..I never meant for you to feel that way Elsa, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the times I did that or didn't show you enough affection. I was used to doing things certain way I didn't realize what I was doing but its no excuse." Rebecca resisted the urge to reach out to her, feeling sadder it might actually make her draw away. "I..your mother has some problems to work out. I want to be a better mommy to you like Atsuko is towards Tomoya. Just please, come home!" Her voice cracked at the end, she never begged. Elsa never heard her do that until now.

Elsa slowly took a step. Then another one. And after a bit of thought, another until she was over and gave her mother a hug. Rebecca returned the hug tightly, tears actively running down her face. Elsa didn't know why, but her mother crying caused her to cry, though she didn't know why her mom's body was shaking a bit during the hug.

In the past, Rebecca would have been trying to reign her emotions in a bit more.

Now she no longer cared.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 6:18 am

Atsuko sighed, feeling relieved. She motioned for Tomoya to be quiet, and walked over, kneeling next to them. "Come on... why don't we all sit and eat, hm? I made some for you as well, Rebecca, just in case. We can all talk, air everything out, alright?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 6:22 am

Slowly Rebecca rose up, a bit shakily with Elsa staying close to her. "..All right..." Elsa reached for her mother's hand, who seemed surprised and almost unsure what to do at first. Then, she slowly took her hand into hers as she went to have a seat.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 6:24 am

Atsuko began setting plates down for everyone, then took a seat, Tomoya climbing into the seat next to her. Atsuko kept quiet for now, to let Rebecca and Elsa talk when they were ready.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 3:02 pm

Elsa and Rebecca ate in silence at first, then she broke the silence. "..Elsa, tell me a bit more about what you want to do. Do you still want to be home schooled or prefer going to a public school?"

"Um..I want to go to public."

Rebecca thought about it, then slowly nodded. "Then public is. You can go to the same school as Tomoya since you two get along so well."

Elsa seemed excited about that, glancing at Tomoya and Atsuko. "You mean..I can still see Atsuko?"

"Yes. We had a argument over foolishness on my part, but its over now."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-04, 10:39 pm

Tomoya was clearly excited as well, and Atsuko decided to pipe in. "You need to understand, Elsa... mother's aren't perfect. We make mistakes. There's not a guide book for parenting; we generally do what we know, and raise our children the way we were raised ourselves. Sometimes, it takes awhile to realize if we've done something wrong. Rebecca, Elsa... you just need to talk. Elsa, you need to let your mother know when you are feeling neglected or anything. Rebecca, you need to let Elsa know why you do the things you do. Most of all, you both need to make sure that you tell each other that you love each other often, if not every day."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-05, 1:16 am

Rebecca thought about what was said, and nodded. "I can do that." She offered a small smile to her daughter, who after a bit of surprise returned it. "I also want to ask advice from time to time Atsuko..I admit we didn't get on the right foot so I understand if you don't want to. But it would help with certain things."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-05, 1:18 am

Atsuko shook her head, smiling. "Water under the bridge, Rebecca. I could have been less confrontational about what I was telling you as well. I have always had a bit of a temper."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-05, 1:31 am

Rebecca shrugged slightly. "And I'm thick headed and stubborn when it comes to certain things so I probably needed it." She began to eating her food, liking the taste of it. Cooking was something she'd have to work on. Technically, she didn't need to since she had maids and the like, but it was something she wanted to try to do for Elsa. "What school does Tomoya attend?"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-05, 1:38 am

Atsuko smiled. "Currently, Hikarizaka Elementary. It's one of the multi-racial schools in the area. My husband thought he should attend a fully human school until he's older, worried he wouldn't know how to interact, but I had faith in him. I was right to, he has no issue with kids of other races. I think keeping him among only humans at first would have made it harder for him to interact with them when he got older, and that would have been horrible. It's harder to make friends with someone you are uncomfortable around at the start."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-05, 1:49 am

Elsa had never been in a public school or private, just home schooled. So it made her more then curious. "What are..public schools like?"

"They're different then your home schooling. You'll actually interact with other children around your age, which I suppose you should have been doing from the start with. Something among many things to correct."
Rebecca wondered about something else. "I'll see about enrolling Elsa soon. Are you nervous Elsa?"

Her daughter blinked, thinking about it. "A little..but I'll have Tomoya so it'll be fine!"

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-05, 2:06 am

Tomoya grinned. "I'll show you around, and we'll have so much fun together!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   2013-03-05, 4:14 am

Elsa grinned to that, she really did believe Tomoya. She could hardly wait.

Two days later, Elsa came into the elementary school with her mother in tow hand. The little girl was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement but was trying to keep a bit of a lid on it..to limited success. Rebecca was amused but let it slide and go in pace. She had changed how she did things, though she did have small slip ups from time to time. Rebecca sincerely wanted to change for her daughters sake, but even with that didn't mean she could just toss away years upon years of doing things a certain way just like that.

Another matter to attend to was visiting the Shuzen clan and strengthening the bond there. She didn't however, relish the thought of running into that..Gyokuro woman. Even before her change, Rebecca couldn't stand the woman, she was far to extreme and cruel even for her. But the daughters were fine; it would be good for Elsa to hang around vampires closer to her age.

I'll..worry about it later. Maybe Tomoya has other friends his age? I never asked..hm...

Rebecca continued to lead Elsa by the hand until they reached the class where Tomoya was at to the school teacher. "Hello. My name is Rebecca Isshan, I'm dropping off my daughter Elsa off for her first day. I just wanted to introduce myself."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Between Us   

Back to top Go down

Between Us
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: Japan-
Jump to: