The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tales of Catheria: The Finale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-12, 12:56 am

Culotte had never met Zelos, just backhanded information from what the others told him so he really couldn't comment too much about it. But something Sheena had said caught his attention. Failure? Faiure and Sheena just didn't go together in his mind. It wasn't to say she was perfect, nobody was, but he couldn't imagine ever using those words to describe her.

"What did you mean when you said failure?" Culotte asked. "Uh..only if you want to explain that is. I don't want to pry on something if its sensitive."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-12, 1:04 am

Sheena paused at that. "...Well... you know I'm a summoner, right? My grandfather was the village chief; I was to succeed him one day. Anyway, I was taken to make a pact with the Summon Spirit of Lightning; Volt. It... went badly. I couldn't understand what he was saying, I started to panic and Volt.... many people from my village died that day, when Volt went on a rampage. And my grandfather fell into a coma for years...."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-12, 1:25 am

Culotte winced a bit that. He had been expecting something minor, not a heavy set back like that; it was rather sobering. Though..if she had opened up about something like this, then he felt it was only fair to share another not so pleasant memory that went with 'failure' of a task or goal that had disastrous consequences.

"You know.." The young boy said, looking up at the ceiling. "There was a time I felt like those words described me too. Back on me and Prier's first mission, we had another hunter with us, he was from a bit far away. Travis I think his name was, even the name was foreign."

"..Anyway, we had been called to track down this monster that had been terrorizing some small town. When we got there..it was crazy, the place was messed up. The elder came to us, and told us where the monster was hiding, so we went to confront it.."

Culotte took a deep breath. "We fought the monster, and as it got the upper hand and went to strike Travis..I froze up." A look of visible shame crossed his face. "We..we still beat it but Travis died. And then..we had to tell his wife and daughter what happened. Prier and others say its not my fault..but I can't help but feel..you know if I didn't freeze up. Travis would still be alive, he didn't even get to see his daughter who wasn't born yet."

He sighed a bit. "After that, I promised myself I'd never be like that again or freeze up. No matter how scared I got, or what I felt, I'd still keep going. I had too. What I'm really trying to say is, both of us made mistakes that cost people their lives. It doesn't make us failures, it makes us human. Or was in my case..."

Last edited by Sion Reaver on 2013-05-12, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verseproject.4rumer.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-12, 1:45 am

Sheena paused, then smiled. "...You know, you really are mature, no matter your thinking on that."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-12, 2:12 am

Culotte blushed a bit, rubbing the back of his head. It made him feel good to hear that from her. Still..there was one other thing. He needed to be honest with himself.

"We'll..there is one thing I wanted to talk about too."
Culotte felt himself a bit nervous at this. "I know I'm technically a kid compared to you, but..uh..I was wondering if..maybe we could try dating?"

That sounded..not to great. But he tried.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-12, 2:24 am

Sheena blinked. She had to admit... she hadn't expected that. At first, she was going to gently turn him down... and yet... he wasn't THAT young, and he was certainly mature enough. He was kind, intelligent... and cute, she'd admit. Maybe it was worth a shot? "Um... I guess? I can't really think of a good reason not to... and who know's, it could work out... so... yeah, okay."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-12, 3:42 am

He had been expecting Sheena fully to turn him down, so the words of saying yes caught Culotte completely off guard. But once the words settled in, he felt incredibly happy. Prier could have randomly punched him in the stomach and he wouldn't have felt it.

The young man slowly smiled. "Really? Okay..okay. I'm not really sure what to do..but that makes two of us. Since this is our first time with dating stuff. We'll figure it out."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-12, 3:45 am

Sheena chuckled a bit. His enthusiasm was cute. "Yeah, I guess we will..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-12, 4:11 pm

Poitreene had put Alison to bed so she could rest with her sister, and then went to find Raine. She knew Sheena was right, as much as she didn't want to admit it. She didn't know what her reaction would be, but she was dragging her feet a bit along the way. The Goddess felt her energy, then proceeded to try to track it down.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-12, 11:30 pm

Raine was actually in Alouette's room, talking to her about... things. Namely, informing Alouette that, considering what had happened with Lloyd and Prier, she wasn't going to wait much longer herself, and felt Alouette needed to think about it as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-13, 1:42 am

Poitreene paused slightly when she sensed Alouette; she hadn't really been expecting Alouette. She then knocked on the door, and Alouette opened it after a few moments.

"Poitreene? Can I help you?" She stepped aside when Poitreene came inside.

"I just wanted to talk to Raine for a moment, if its not a bad time." Poitreene added. She felt herself losing her nerve, but she needed to do this.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-13, 2:02 am

Raine peered over at the door. "No, it's not a bad time, Poitreene. We were simply discussing certain elements of our relationship with Lloyd. It's admittedly a complex situation, and I'm hardly an expert on a normal one, so I felt the need to try and... I suppose settle some confusion? Anyway, please, what do you need to talk to me about?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-13, 11:54 pm

At that moment, Poitreene felt her gut twist into a knot with Alouette and Raine there. She could tell Alouette she simply wanted to speak to Raine but then didn't she deserve to know? And she couldn't hide it from them.

Poitreene took a deep breath. "I've..realized something. Sheena pointed it out..I..we'll.." The Goddess looked uncharacteristically vulnerable and unsure of herself. "I..have feelings for Lloyd. I'm not not sure where it began or how it started but I just..felt you should know. You would figure it out eventually so I figured I'd come clean..just please don't hate me.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-14, 12:03 am

Raine blinked, but didn't seem too surprised. "...Well, not that surprised, though I did not expect this. It's Lloyd, after all... this bears some thought and the like, but Poitreene, please; hate you? You know us better than that."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-14, 12:11 am

Alouette was slightly surprised, but she got over it quickly and went to give Poitreene a brief hug. "I may dislike things you did, or will do but I don't think I could honestly say I'd ever hate you. You're..more like a sister to me now."

She hated it, but Poitreene felt her eyes water and she rubbed her eyes with her sleeve slightly. "I know..I apologize I wasn't exactly thinking straight at the moment when I said that." She still felt so awkward now...

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-14, 12:20 am

Raine smiled softly, nodding. "I understand, of course. As for your feelings for Lloyd... honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. If it was my decision... I would say that if you wish to pursue a relationship with Lloyd, do so. It is not my decision alone, however. Alouette and Prier's feelings on the subject are equally important.... and I would like to mention. If they are against it, I can promise you that it has nothing to do with their opinion of you; only with their willingness to share Lloyd's attention with yet another person."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-14, 12:40 am

Alouette thought about it. Did she have a problem sharing Lloyd with Poitreene? She did care about the Goddess a lot, even if she hadn't turned out at all what she had pictured in her head. Back when she was a firm believer, she had thought her Goddess as flawless, all powerful, all knowing..

Poitreene wasn't flawless. She made mistakes, and grave ones.

Poitreene wasn't all powerful. She was more powerful then most she'd known sure, but had her limitations.

Poitreene wasn't all knowing. She had gotten surprised, uncertain at times.

And for all that and a changed perspective, it made Alouette care for Poitreene a lot more then she did. She wasn't some idol to inspire to or worship, or a authority figure. She was a very powerful divine being that happen to made mistakes and stumble along the way. There was one thing right though closer to what she had imagined: Poitreene had such a bright caring soul, even if she couldn't see it beyond self loathing and the fact it had been burried all these years.

"I don't either." Alouette finally said.

Poitreene turned her neck so fast, she felt she'd almost would have broken it. "W-what?"

Alouette smiled. "I said, I don't mind either. I have no problems with it..so it would be up to Prier and Lloyd."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-14, 12:46 am

Raine covered her mouth to hide a grin. "I... have a feeling Lloyd won't have a problem with it. Not truly, anyway. He's just very concerned about upsetting us. Prier... I can't speak for her. And of course, you need to decide if it's something you want to do. Here is what I think; speak to Prier, tell her what's happened and what we've said. If she gives her approval, which I think she will but can't say for sure, take a few days to think over what you want to do."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-16, 12:20 am

Poitreene mulled it over, then slowly nodded. "..You're right. I'll have to think about things further." She went over and gave both Raine and Alouette a hug before pulling away. "I have to get going back to check on my daughters and get them situated. I'll talk to you later."

Once the group was ready to go, they had headed to the city Anya had said Valka's Overlord was currently at. Hopefully. Prior to that, Poitreene had contacted Catherine and her family to get them to temporary watch after Alison and Alan. She was more then surprised, but was happy to see them and quickly agreed to it.

It took a bit of talking on Raine and Poitreene's part once they actually got to the gate but the guards let them eventually. Inside was huge, with people going back and forth on their business. What was also different was the diverisity; this would be the first time Raine and many of the others would see elves, demons full and half, angels and humans being in one place. Quite the contrast from before.

"So..I guess if Kaiyu is really here you'd be able to find her energy, right?" Prier asked Asagi and the others who knew her.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-18, 2:13 am

Asagi and the others nodded, but Valka was already on the move, running as fast as she could. "I sense her, I sense her! Empress, I'm coming! Empress!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-18, 2:26 am

"H-hey wait up!" Prier soon gave chase followed by the others. Poitreene looked partly amused but never the less soon followed after.

"Why..does..my everything..hurt?"

"I told you Tasiera."

Taisera had gotten after her first 'training lesson' with Levin. Though he insisted after some basics were learned, they would work on conditioning. It seemed to Taisera Levin's conditioning involved nearly killing the student in her mind. By the time she was done running/flying and doing all the other commands she was exhausted. Alex of course hadn't been left out of the fun and had to hustle himself. Only Kaiyu was spared; she could just watch from the side lines while the chaos.

They would be leaving today to continue their search, but they didn't know they would be running into some interesting company soon enough.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-18, 2:29 am

Kaiyu was off her game, really. She usually was alert. She usually would sense someone coming a mile away. She usually would at least react fast enough to dodge something flying at her. Deep in thought as she was, though, she was oblivious to the rapidly approaching mass of blue. She let out a shriek as Valka slammed into her, seemingly trying to absorb her into her body as she clung to her. "EMPRESS!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-18, 9:38 pm

Levin and the others had become alarmed, thinking there was some sort of attack on Kaiyu but quickly calmed down. For one, Kaiyu had talked about Valka frequently, and two there was no other race that had liquid bodies like that so they were forced to concede facts. Tasiera was happy for them but didn't say anything not wanting to ruin the moment and Alex was smiling.

Prier, Poitreene and the others soon came to witness the scene. They saw Kaiyu but they didn't know who the other two were.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-18, 11:06 pm

Kaiyu, upon realizing who her 'attacker' is, gasped, and returned the hug. She didn't say anything; just clung to Valka, trying not to cry. Asagi and Sakura stood off to the side, smiling, as the others came into the room. Raine stepped up to the others, holding out her hand. "Hello, I'm Raine Sage. You must be friends of Kaiyuria's. Our mutual friend Valka has been looking for her, as you can probably guess..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2013-05-20, 3:35 am

Levin was the first to react, nodding as he shook Raine's hand. Even his hand dwarfed Raine's and pretty much all the others. "Levin. A pleasure."

"Alex." He introduced himself. "Pa-former Paladin Knight." He corrected himself.

"And I'm Taisera, his cute older sister that worries about him." Taisera said this in a rather happy way and Alex more or less ignored it. The others soon introduced themselves as well..though the name 'Poitreene' did make the three newcomers pause. Some people did name their kid after the Goddess, but still.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   

Back to top Go down

Tales of Catheria: The Finale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next