The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tales of Catheria: The Finale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2014-12-26, 5:07 am

Oboro was getting more and more pissed off as this continued; the idea of Preir being able to do this was maddening. Worse... she was starting to actually hit her... and then she took a blow to the face that slammed her to the ground, and just barely managed to get out of the way of the followup. "That's it! I done playing with vermin!" She was about to do something, when a burst of power came from the side, and a wave of mana hit everyone. Oboro froze, glancing over to see Kaiyuria concentrating... as her mana was starting to come back to her now. "...No, I'm not missing this chance!" She shot toward Kaiyuria, with the intent to kill her before she could regain her strength.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2014-12-27, 1:53 am

Prier snarled, and chased after Oboro; she was absolutely relentless in her attacks and pursuit of her and even in her haze she could tell what she was trying to do and that just further pissed her off even more.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2014-12-27, 1:59 am

Oboro was doing the best she could to escape Prier long enough to reach and deal with the weakened Kaiyuria, and almost did so, before something she had not expected occurred. "You will not touch my empress!" Her vision was filled by a mass of blue that engulfed her, as Valka covered Oboro with her body, slowing her down as best she could. It didn't last long, and Valka's body was soon spread all over the field, but it was enough to slow Oboro down greatly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2014-12-27, 2:14 am

It was really all Prier needed as she zoned in for the kill, wrapping her hands around Oboro's neck and trying to attempt to choke her literally to choke her to death. It was completely and utterly unlike Prier but between everything else and her newfound demon blood, it had some very obvious results.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2014-12-27, 2:18 am

Oboro was clearly struggling and losing strength as Prier choked the life out of her, only for the most unexpected person to save her. Two hands gripped Prier's wrists and forced her to let go, pushing her away. Before Oboro could get up, however, the air was driven from her lungs as Kaiyuria stomped on her chest, pinning her. "...Prier, I need her alive." Kaiyu's face was grim, determined... and she looked almost ill.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-02, 11:10 pm

It looked as if Prier would attack at first, but then she forced herself to calm down before reluctantly letting go of Oboro for now. Her demon instincs were dying down a bit and she could finally focus on things a bit more from the red haze. Though, what did she need Oboro alive for?

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-02, 11:25 pm

Oboro chuckled a bit. "Sentimental as ever, Kaiyuria. Weak, more like. This is why nobody respects you as an Overlord, you have no backbone! You spare your enemies when you should kill them!" Kaiyuria didn't respond, simply reaching down, and grabbing Oboro by the throat. She lifted her a bit, and began dragging Oboro off in a seemingly random direction, but paused.

"...Don't follow me." She then continued, and soon disappeared around the edge of a cliff face. For a moment, there was silence, everyone wondering what was going on... until bloodcurdling screams of terror and pain were coming from where Kaiyuria had taken Oboro, along with several sickening cracks. Then, silence once more, before an explosion of destructive energy vaporized everything there within several feet, leaving a circular crater, and revealing Kaiyuria once more. She was standing with her back to everyone, seemingly wiping at her face before she turned and began walking back, looking pale. There was blood on her hands, and a bit on her lips that she'd missed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-03, 1:21 am

Prier didn't know what was going on, but she could guess what happened and coming back as she did..

"Kaiyu did you.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-03, 1:49 am

Kaiyu hesitated, opening her mouth to speak, only to look as if she'd be ill. "I... did what I... what I h-had to..."

"...And that was?" Kaiyu flinched at Raine's question. "Forgive me, but we should probably know what you did and why, Kaiyuria." Raine had some suspicions.

"...Her heart... I... ate her heart.... and took her powers as my own..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-03, 10:12 pm

"......."

Alouette backed away fearfully.

Prier was taken back completely. To the point for once it took her some time to speak up. "W-what the?! What the hell did you need to do that for?"

Croix should have been bothered more to some degree, but in his state of mind in 'Dark Prince' mode it was more just words then anything else. It might actually have bothered him more later of being so callous about it but at the current point he couldn't find it in himself to care. Levin on the other hand said nothing and he was rather hard to read at the moment whatever he may have been thinking.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-03, 10:33 pm

Kaiyuria flinched again, noting the reactions. Horror was expected. Disgust as well. She supposed the lack of reaction from Croix was also to be expected at the moment. She couldn't even look at the others. "...It's... something those in my family.... or maybe my race... can do..." She shook a bit, closing her eyes. "And I... I did it so I can free Poitreene and Lloyd..." She moved away from everyone, seeming to focus for a moment, before seemingly tearing open the ground with a wave of her hand, that black water from before bubbling up and forming an orb, which then dissipated, revealing Poitreene and Lloyd, both looking as if they'd been gone far longer than a few minutes, based on the state of their clothes.

"Whoa... hey, we're out! And I was thinking we'd have to... hey, Kaiyuria, what's wrong?" He'd noticed the distress on the Overlord's face, before she whispered 'I have to go' and simply disappeared.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-03, 10:54 pm

"W-wait!"
Prier said but Kaiyu was already gone just as Lloyd and Poitreene came back. Alouette didn't say anything she seemed to be still out of it.

"That went as well as could be expected.." Levin said with a sigh.

Croix turned to Poitreene and Lloyd. "In case you're wondering, in order to free you two Kaiyu had to eat Oboro's heart and take her power. That's why everyone is freaking out and Kaiyu left. Except for me, but I'm not exactly sane in this state."

Poitreene had heard and seen many things in her mileum of life but this took the cake, she wasn't sure what to say.

She also wondered why it didn't bother her much either. That kind of scared her.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-03, 11:11 pm

Lloyd blinked a bit, clearly caught off guard, while Raine spoke up. "Well... while it's distasteful, Kaiyuria hardly seemed happy about what she'd done. It was a necessary evil, however..."

"Why did you do that?!" The voice was distorted, but that was hardly surprising, as Valka was still reforming her body after Oboro had essentially blown her apart. Her head was reformed, however, and she was... glaring, surprisingly. At Alouette and Prier, it seemed. "Why did you do that to her?! Empress did something she'd sworn to never do, to help YOU!" She jabbed a finger at Prier. "So you yell at her?! And YOU!" Valka's anger sparked as she turned fully on Alouette, and Raine wondered if Valka would have actually attacked her if she was mobile yet. "Empress has always had to deal with people either dismissing her as softhearted, or being scared of her for who and what she is! She saved the people you love and you acted as if she was a monster! You're the monster then! You-"

"Valka, enough..." Asagi was pushing herself to her feet, hand pressed to her bleeding head. "You're being too harsh... they didn't mean anything by it..."

"But they hurt Empress... they hurt her... they hurt my Kaiyu..." Valka seemed on the verge of tears, and as her body fully reformed, she simply withdrew into herself and seemed to sink into the ground. Asagi just sighed heavily.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-03, 11:28 pm

"...." Prier rubbed her temples a bit feeling a headache going on, she didn't mean to hurt Kaiyu but she had been taken off guard. "Ugh. Me and Alouette have to talk to her. I mean..I didn't..mean to snap at her like I did."

Alouette closed her eyes before opening them and nodded slowly. "I don't think she'll want to after this. But you're right."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-03, 11:48 pm

Raine felt her own headache coming on. "So frustrating... yes, it's best the two of you talk to her at the moment, just make sure she knows you don't think less of her... I suspect that won't help her own feelings toward herself, however... it's just one issue after another..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-04, 3:38 am

Alouette toned everything else out as she attempted to locate Kaiyu closing her eyes before feeling something but it was faint. "I think I've found her."

Prier nodded and went behind Alouette as she opened her wings. "We'll be back. Come on Alouette." The two left and focused on trying to find Kaiyu.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-04, 4:09 am

Kaiyuria was a few miles out, kneeling by a river as she seemed to be obsessively washing her hands and face. She didn't seem to notice she had company either, which was saying something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-06, 3:39 am

Both Alouette and Prier felt worse then what they had for reacting the way they had, but they couldn't have helped with what had happened earlier. Of course out of the two it was Prier who spoke up first.

"Kaiyu.."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-06, 4:31 am

Kaiyu jumped, whirling around to look at Prier and Alouette, and they'd see her eyes were a bit red; she'd clearly been crying. Or still was, it was hard to tell since she'd been washing her face. "...What do you want?" She didn't sound angry. Neutral, really. The look in her eyes was a bit panicked, however.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-07, 4:55 am

"We..." Prier paused then shook her head. "We're sorry we snapped on you, its just after what happened it threw me and Alouette off. We don't think less of you, and even though we haven't known each other that long I do consider you a friend."

"I can't pretend to understand but.." Alouette took a risk and hugged her before pulling away. "We're here for you. All of us..but if you want to be alone we can take our leave."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-07, 7:02 am

Kaiyuria was silent for a moment, and when she finally spoke, her voice shook. "...After what I did, how can you not hate me? I ripped her heart out of her body while she was still alive and ATE it! I... no matter the reason, it... I'm a monster, no better than Oboro..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-07, 10:41 pm

Prier shook her head. "Monsters don't cry when they do bad things to people. Monsters don't feel bad when they hurt others more then what they need to. No pity or guilt. If Oboro did the same to you or any of us, do you think she would be crying?"

She placed a hand on her shoulder and gently turned her around so she can see her reflection in the water. "You see these? This is something monster's don't do. They don't cry and they don't reflect on things they have done. You didn't have to help us, but you did. You didn't have fight anything besides Oboro but here you are risking your life for us and people you don't even know. You try to put on a tough act, but you have a big heart underneath; that's why its bothering you so much. Someone like Oboro would not only gloat about what just happened, but try to bring it up just to hurt and scare people who were listening. The Kaiyu I see now isn't someone we could ever hate."

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-08, 5:52 am

Kaiyuria was silent for a moment... sniffed a bit, wiped her eyes, and cleared her throat. "Ahem... I wasn't crying... the Empress of Sin and Splendor does not cry..." It was a step in the right direction, but it was clear she wasn't over this just yet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-09, 2:07 am

Prier cracked a small grin. "Right. Of course. Can't let things bog you down for too long. You ready to come back? The others are worried about you, espeically Valka." Valka was probably the closes person to Kaiyu next to Asagi and Sakura based on how long they've known each other.

Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   2015-01-09, 4:58 am

Kaiyuria hesitated. "I... give me a moment to clean myself up?" She didn't want to be seen like this... and she wanted to make sure all the blood was gone...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Catheria: The Finale   

Back to top Go down

Tales of Catheria: The Finale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next