The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2017-10-14, 1:47 pm

"I promise, this is important and related to what I said. Drelin, speak."
Reifer said, but it was more an order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verseproject.4rumer.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2017-10-14, 2:01 pm

Drelin hesitated. "...I...I was offered my own territory and power by Hara house if I were to successfully kill Lady Sela without being discovered... and the plan was given to Hara by someone else, so far as I know..."

Hara was stunned into silence, but Aki responded immediately. "How dare you spew such lies, you insignificant bastard!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2017-10-15, 10:33 am

Reifer took note of Hara's reaction mentally as he continued. "I apologize for the upsetting news, but as I said its something we both have the right to now and confront head on. "
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2017-10-15, 5:11 pm

Drelin swallowed hard. "I'm not lying... this is the truth, I-" He was cut off by Aki slamming her hand onto the table.

"Is this why you brought us here? To have this commoner hurl accusations at us? You expect to scare us with these cheap tactics?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2017-10-15, 8:34 pm

"No." Reifer said curtly, but polite somehow if that was possible. "Stop back and think for a moment. From a political perspective, me doing this makes no sense. If that's what I wanted, I would obviously make it more convincing then just an random person you have never met. I personally don't think either of you have done anything, but its possible someone from your home have. If there was any truth in it, then it needs be put to light. This was for your benefit as well as my own. It's obvious nothing further will come of this, so sorry for wasting your time. You both may leave."" He noticed Hara hadn't said an single word just yet which was rather interesting. Could be surprise, but they almost seemed troubled. "We'll pay for any expenses for coming here."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2017-12-19, 2:28 am

As Aki stood, starting to storm off, Hara remained sitting. "...It's true..." Aki whirled around, glaring at her husband.

"Shut up, you stupid coward! Not another word!"

"A messenger came to us... they said that if we took steps to weaken Komai, then they would allow us to keep our territory... that we would be safe..."

"I said shut up!" Aki stormed over, grabbing Hara violently and shaking him. "Be a man for once in your worthless life!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2017-12-25, 4:25 pm

"You know, if I was you I'd try not to make the situation worse.." Hector thought dryly to Aki's outburst, even if she was an brat that was used to having things their way, he didn't think she'd make such an amatuer mistake. Instead of denying or playing it off, what she didn't say admitted to some degree of guilt. Even if she was in on it, she could maybe manevour her way around so it didn't seem as bad as it appeared. Luckily, she wasn't as politically savvy.

Reifer hid his emotions very well, not paying Aki's outburst any mind. "He is being an man by being honest. Enough already, you're making the situation worse. Instead of lashing out at your mate, we could talk and perhaps fix this. From the sounds of it, your hand seemed forced. What country could of threatened you enough for this?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2017-12-25, 4:32 pm

Hara started to open his mouth, only to be interrupted by Aki slapping him, before she turned to Reifer and the others. "Fine, you know what happened, what we did. But your mother is not dead, and I will not let this fool jeopardize our territory by telling you who threatened us, just to bring their wrath down on our heads!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-01-04, 11:21 am

Reifer knew sooner or later, Hara would have to stand up to his mate though at the moment that wasn't the here or there. "I can actually respect keeping that to yourself, however there is a few things you're overlooking in all this. For one, yes its true my mother isn't dead, but as things stand there is no cure and its an matter of time. When and if that happens, I'll have no choice but to move. Besides that, there is no guarantee the person who said they wouldn't still take your territory for your own. The sneaky behavior all hint to someone of an snake."

"I can overlook this because you were looking after the safety of your people and my mother isn't dead, but at the least I would need the antidote. If nothing else, the person who put you to the task will ask you to do other things to further weakening us, thus bringing us to war anyway. Do you really think someone who did something like this and is trying to expand aggressively will likely keep their word? No. Its likely if nothing else, they'll swoop down after both of us have been weakened from said conflict."

"I can help protect your people, likely along side my ally Asai-Asakura. An aggressive expanding territory that is building its strength or using tricks to weaken others to move in is something that can't be ignored. As is I see it, you have two choices for you two. You can cover your head and hope for the best when they try to force you do more sabotage to weaken us, and hope they don't rough house after the fact. Or, you let us help as the one's behind it are truly the ones we need to be at conflict with. You don't have to like us. You don't have to sit and drink tea with us, I'm merely asking you an leader and person to think about this."

Reifer thought he had an solid case, even if Aki didn't like any of them and was more selfish he was hoping to appeal to their self interest. For Hara it was both self interest and a few other things.

Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-02-24, 8:48 pm

"...Aki, please leave."

"...Excuse me?" The woman's eyes narrowed dangerously. Hara flinched, but cleared his throat before speaking more clearly.

"As Lord of Hara, and your husband, I am telling you to leave, Aki. Wait outside. I will handle this." He was rewarded with another slap, before the woman stormed out.

"You will regret this, you foolish bastard!" Once she was gone, Hara sighed heavily, before turning to Reifer.

"...Tell me everything you wish to know..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-02-26, 11:36 am

Reifer let out a sigh of relief he didn't know he had been holding, grateful Hara stood up to them and did the more sensible thing. "We should both begin making plans of this mutual enemy of ours, as I said you can't expect them to just leave you be once we're dealt with. Who are they? If you know."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-04-07, 5:15 pm

Hara was silent for a moment. "...It's Takeda." As he said this, Iliara inhaled sharply. Suzume just whistled softly, surprised. "They viewed Komai as a potential threat should they side with Akashi against them... but also, as a threat to their future conquest once they defeat Akashi. They wanted Komai weakened for that purpose. And in exchange for us helping with that, they swore to to allow us to govern ourselves, that our territory would be annexed peacefully, without war..." He paused for a moment.

"...My advisors came up with the plan to poison your mother. The idea was that she would pass of a believed illness, and then you would be poisoned as well, so it appeared to be passed to you, that it was some family or racial illness... and I agreed to it because I felt that it would result in less bloodshed in the end." Hara took a deep breath, before sitting up straight. "I did not come up with the plan, but I approved it. I take full responsibility for my actions. I regret being so underhanded, but I do not regret doing what I believed would protect my people. If you seek my head as retribution, I will accept it."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-04-13, 9:34 pm

Reifer could have ordered to have them killed, or do it himself better yet. The dragon in him demanded there be consequences for his actions, that there be blood spilled for allowing harm to come to his mother.

But he knew it would make things worse, so he pushed that uglier part away.

"No. I won't." Reifer finally said. "In your shoes, I can't pretend I wouldn't do something similar so in that aspect I don't have room to judge. Even if I did, your death would have caused much more issues then it would solve. I won't lie and pretend I'm not angry, but a good leader knows to control his or her emotions. We are a similar boat, and our interest align so I will help defend your country against this threat."

"What I want to know is any other thing you can tell me, as well as what was used to harm my mother. I have a friend who was working on a cure, but I can't wait on them. If I know what was used, then there's a chance it can fixed that way."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-04-13, 10:01 pm

Hara nodded. "The poison is a secret formula of my best assassins, but it has an antidote as well. Without the slow administration of the poison, her condition will not worsen, and the antidote will have her recover within a few days. And all I can really tell you... is that with Takeda as an enemy.... even Akashi's 'Goddess of War' can only fight them off for a short time.... Takeda will eventually sweep over this land like a tide..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-04-20, 11:21 pm

"They can't afford to be underestimated, but they aren't invincible. If they thought we would be that easy of something to roll past us already without the underhanded tactics they use."
Reifer said. "Though in the mean time, we'll have to make plans to best prepare for the worse. This is an open offer for anyone present, who ever has suggestions now is the time to speak."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-06-21, 12:09 am

Iliara was silent for a moment, thinking things over. "Takeda... is a very powerful enemy. Even with the houses of Akashi and Houjou working together, they have only been able to hold Takeda back. Their powerful cavalry is difficult to cope with... but... we may want to consider going on the offensive. Komai has already taken the Ashikaga territories as vassals, is allied with Asai Asakura, and will likely take Hara as a vassal as well when these proceedings are over. That is considerable military might that could be mustered... if..." She paused, looking pained as she continued. "If we allied ourselves with Houjou and Akashi in dealing with Takeda, that might be enough to finally put an end to things."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-07-31, 5:31 pm

Reifer knew the truth of the matter of no matter if it was victory or defeat there was no doubt in his mind they suffer damage from this. As a leader he knew this but it didn't make things easier in the end when the after math settled.

At her pained expression, and mental debate he gave the young woman a brief, gentle squeeze on the shoulder before collecting his thoughts. "I would be willing to do both of this if it means the best chance of survival. When we talk to Akashi would you like to be elsewhere?" He asked carefully, knowing why it would be if she didn't want to be around during proceedings though of course he didn't go into much detail other then that.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-07-31, 9:12 pm

"I would have to be. If I'm recognized, it could jeopardize everything.... they can't know I'm alive yet... as much as it hurts to not be able to see my sister..." Iliara grit her teeth, taking a deep breath.

"...So I was not mistaken. You are the supposedly dead princess of Akashi... I suspected political strife in that situation..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-08-02, 12:39 pm

"I understand.." Reifer couldn't really imagine what it be like if he was in the young woman's shoes, since not being to tell your loved ones you were alive and well while they were effectively out of their reach had to be hard. An understatement if there was one.

"Hector? Go ahead and prepare the messengers to send, but wait a bit longer so we sort everything out first." The other man simply nodded and headed out of the meeting room while Reifer re focused his attention back to Hara. "Yes, you're correct but I rather this remain between us for now, for obvious reasons. Though if you have any further comment now is the time."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-08-02, 7:20 pm

Hara sighed softly. "I will repeat nothing... and as she said, Hara will be a vassal to Komai after this... it is only right.... though my wife will not be pleased..." He stood, and bowed deeply. "I deeply apologize for our actions, Lord Reifer, and am grateful that you settled this peacefully. It is more than we deserve."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-08-08, 10:38 pm

Reifer gave a weary smile. "...A open fist catches more then a closed one as my father used to say. There are practical reasons why I did what I did besides not wanting to spill more blood. Don't make me regret that decision. If there's nothing else, you're free to leave. I have..a lot on my plate and a lot of things to plan for."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-08-08, 10:46 pm

Hara nodded slowly, before straightening up. "I wish you well, Lord Reifer..." He hurried out, leaving Reifer alone with Iliara, Hector, Eon, and Suzume.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-08-10, 1:23 am

Once Hara had left and there was a silence that desended on the group, Eon stepped forward figuring that something needed to be said, or at least done on their end. "Is there anything you want me and Suzume to do?"

Reifer thought about it further. He didn't want to risk anyone though he knew in war time and dire situations you were playing with fire regardless. It wasn't if you lost people, it was simply a matter of how much. It may have been a true thing to keep in mind but it didn't put him at ease. "I want you two to find out what little information you can about Takeda far as routes and such goes. Any information that gives us a type of edge."

"I'll see what I can do." Eon left after that, Hector had already left earlier in the conversation about some messaging.

Reifer went to sit down with a sigh, not saying anything but looking rather pensive.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-08-10, 7:24 pm

Suzume filtered out with Eon, leaving Reifer and Iliara. After a long moment, she sighed. "...May I ask what you are thinking about?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sion Reaver
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   2018-08-13, 10:57 am

"A lot. My mind is a jumbled mess right now." Reifer was silent a bit longer after that. "Even before I took my father and mother's place, people would always ask me for advice because of my temperament, I always seemed wiser then my years. Truth is..a lot of the times I don't know and in this case more so. Am I making the right decision? I ask myself that a lot, but indecision is as bad as none at times so I push, despite my doubts and fears. Nothing much to be done about it.."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   

Back to top Go down

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next